Grandma's Boy

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, for us VGers, this movie rocks. There's a lot of pot-smoking in it, and Linda Cardelini is freaking hot. I loved this movie. I've seen it twice on the big screen, and that's enough for me. But I will be buying it as soon as it is released for DVD. Freaking awesome movie, you guys. Seriously. Go see it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Such a retarded movie.

I can't understand how you enjoyed it.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Are you kidding right now? That movie is ridiculously funny. The only parts where the movie falters is the acting skills of the non-main characters. Allen Covert is a good actor, as is Peter Dante. Linda Cardelini certainly wasn't bad. But a few of the side-characters were poorly done, but that's okay. The movie was freaking funny as all hell, I thought.

Alex: Dude, your bed is a [url=http://www.bluewell.fsnet.co.uk/images/redbedweb20.gif]car[/url]...

Jeff: Yeah, but it's a [url=http://www.thesleepcentre.co.uk/images/GT_Racing_Car_Bed.jpg]f*cking sweet car[/url].

Posted by Fragliche

Quoting Fei-on: Well, for us VGers, this movie rocks. There's a lot of pot-smoking in it, and Linda Cardelini is freaking hot. I loved this movie. I've seen it twice on the big screen, and that's enough for me. But I will be buying it as soon as it is released for DVD. Freaking awesome movie, you guys. Seriously. Go see it.

Were... were you... you know, HIGH when you saw this movie? Because at no point in this movie could I laugh because of the stupidity. And I am a comedy person.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

No, I wasn't high when I saw the movie. I was high right after.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Fei-on: No, I wasn't high when I saw the movie. I was high right after.

Hah. I saw the movie and I loved it. But I can see how some others might be turned off by it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The only parts where the movie falters is the acting skills of the non-main characters.

You're positive that's the ony place it falters?

Quoted post: Because at no point in this movie could I laugh because of the stupidity. And I am a comedy person.

I'll quote that as my own.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Vampiro: You're positive that's the ony place it falters?

Yep

Posted by Bebop

This movie hasnt been released in my country yet and I'm glad. You know a movie's going to suck when the trailer gives no indication for the plot at all otehr than the fact it contains drugs, drinking and sex. If I want to see a cliched-retarder-American-Pie copy film I'd watch one of those pot films starring 2 random black rappers. Seriously, I've lost so much respect for you Fei-On. It's bad enough you saw it, but the fact you saw it twice, enjoyed it and want to own it is enough for you to be terminated quite frankly.

By watching this film you are encouraging film makers to make bad films that directly appeal to yougn males who's IQ is lower than their their shoe size.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I like Happy Madison movies, Bebop. I think Adam Sandler is a funny guy, and I like almost any movie that he deals with.

A lot of people frown on the film because it involves drugs. Well, I've got news for you, people smoke weed. They do. Whether you approve or not, they do. And a lot of them do, as well. In the United States, most people will have smoked weed at one point in their life, even if only once. Just because someone has the balls to put it in a movie doesn't make that movie bad. Hell, look at Pulp Fiction. John Travolta's character shoots up heroin in that movie.

Even so, I thought that Grandma's Boy was very funny. If you don't like it, that's okay. But to lose respect for a person because they like a movie that you don't like, well that makes no sense at all. I'm sure you like many movies and such that I don't like, but I won't let that change my opinion of you.

It was a funny movie. Linda Cardelini is freaking gorgeous, and she's a good actor. Allen Covert is a terrific actor, in everything I've seen him. There are a few cheesy parts, but that's cool because a lot of awesome movies have cheesy parts, like every good 80s action movie.

Honestly, Bebop, see the film before you bash it as much as you are. See it, then come back and tell me how awful it was.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fei-on:
A lot of people frown on the film because it involves drugs. Well, I've got news for you, people smoke weed. They do. Whether you approve or not, they do. And a lot of them do, as well. In the United States, most people will have smoked weed at one point in their life, even if only once. Just because someone has the balls to put it in a movie doesn't make that movie bad. Hell, look at Pulp Fiction. John Travolta's character shoots up heroin in that movie.

The fact you've not understood my simple post means you lose more respect. :chainsaw:

[quote]Even so, I thought that Grandma's Boy was very funny. If you don't like it, that's okay. But to lose respect for a person because they like a movie that you don't like, well that makes no sense at all. I'm sure you like many movies and such that I don't like, but I won't let that change my opinion of you.

People's actions sway my respect of them. If my best friend enjoys giving blowjobs to goats, I will lose repsect for him.

[quote]Honestly, Bebop, see the film before you bash it as much as you are. See it, then come back and tell me how awful it was.

No. I'm not wasting money and time on a movie that is terrible. If a trailer would rather say "OMG WE ARE SO COOL FOR MAKING A FILM ABOUT SEX, DRUGS AND ALSHOHOL!1feg gb fb " and not even mentioning what the film is about, who's in it or anything like that than I fail to see why I should encourgae them to make more films. No.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Fei-on: I like Happy Madison movies, Bebop. I think Adam Sandler is a funny guy, and I like almost any movie that he deals with.

I enjoyed Spanglish and Punch-Drunk Love.

I've never even heard of Grandma's Boy. I'll definitely see it when it comes out on DVD. Is it a Napoleon Dynamite-like film?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Bebop: No. I'm not wasting money and time on a movie that is terrible. If a trailer would rather say "OMG WE ARE SO COOL FOR MAKING A FILM ABOUT SEX, DRUGS AND ALSHOHOL!1feg gb fb " and not even mentioning what the film is about, who's in it or anything like that than I fail to see why I should encourgae them to make more films. No.

Um, the trailer made it clear that it was about people who play video games.

And anyone in their 30's (or older) who plays video games has probably used or currently does use drugs.

So it's a true-to-life movie. I'd be willing to bet that the subculture of video game testers is full of marijuana and alcohol.

Dex, I have never seen Napoleon Dynamite. But this movie is full of profanity, alcohol, and a lot of marijuana smoking. There is only a little nudity, but it was necessary for that joke to go through. I have no problem with things like sex and drugs being in a movie, as long as they contribute to the movie, and aren't there solely for the sake of it.

But it's a good, funny movie. It's not a provocative movie that sparks your mind and makes you think about life or anything. It's just a happy movie that will brighten up your day, if you can watch it with an open mind.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Fei-on]Um, the trailer made it clear that it was about people who play video games.

The trailers I've seen make no mention of this.

[quote]And anyone in their 30's (or older) who plays video games has probably used or currently does use drugs.

So it's a true-to-life movie. I'd be willing to bet that the subculture of video game testers is full of marijuana and alcohol.

It's a true to life movie? Of course it is. Becuase every male has sex orgies with grandmothers while driving monster trucks. Is that what the film is about? Because it certianly didnt say anything about the plits in the trailers. Don't start that "it's a true reflection of soceity today" because it's not. It's not a film about political statement, or soceity or Iraq. It's a film with tits and spliffs.

I don't know why you keep trying to make some sort of 'political' point that the film has drugs in it. You seem to think I am anti-drug and anti-alchohol. I'm not. So stop coming out with crap like "ALOT OF PEOPLE DO DRUGS SO WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT ITS HAPENNNIGNGND!!21" because fact is I don't hate this film because it USES these things, I hate this film because its the ONLY thing it uses. I like tits but I wouldn't pay to sit through a tried and tired 'American Teen Comedy' (which will all know is thelowest form of film) just because it's an hour and half of jugs swinging around. This is my point about Grandma's Boy. It's not new. It's not original. It's not funny. It's recylicng the same dull boring American humour over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: The trailers I've seen make no mention of this.

Though I disagree with most of Bebop's reasoning, he is right, the trailers I've seen make no mention of that, just that it's crude, very similar to what Wedding Crashers and 40-Year-Old Virgin did with there's.