simpsons or futurama

Posted by fig roll

What tv program do you think is better the simpsons or futurama, i think that the simpsons is only just better, but anything by matt graining is good.

Posted by Xero

Obviously the simpsons. Its way more funny the futurama.

I would have gone for family guy if it was in the choices tho...

Posted by Lord of Spam

I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember hearing that Futurama had the highest amount of Ph.D.s writing for it out of all comedies. That being said, the comedy was always an excellent blend of the blatantly obvious jokes (physical humor/slapstick, etc) and more intellectual, subtle jokes.

Posted by Zeta

Futurama. It made me laugh more than the Simpsons, and Zoidberg is one of the best characters ever. I wish Matt Groening would start it up again. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The Simpsons is just lame and yet I still continue to laugh at Futurama's jokes, even after seeing the same episode twelve times or more.

Oh, and what LoS said.

Posted by Axis

Futurama, hands down.

Posted by GameMiestro

Futurama just has too many stupid, unfunny jokes... it's better than the new Simpsons episodes, but they just aren't as funny as the older ones.

Posted by Crazy K

Well whenever I encounter Futurama on my T.V. I tend to always watch it. With the simpsons, It's usually re-runs so I just dont bother. But I like Futurama a lot more.

Quoted post: With the simpsons, It's usually re-runs so I just dont bother.

As opposed to the brand-new Futurama episodes?

Posted by Crazy K

Well I rarely have seen any of the Futurama episodes so whenever I see an episode on I usually watch it. But with The simpsons I just find it old now.

But it would be nice to see new episodes of Futurama.

Quoted post: But it would be nice to see new episodes of Futurama.

That seems to be a possibility. As I believe they are in talks of creating new episodes.

Posted by Arwon

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

If you don't like Futurama, you're wrong.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro: That seems to be a possibility. As I believe they are in talks of creating new episodes.

Oh my god, seriously? That would be at the top of my 'Best things that happened during 06' list...

EDIT: Hey, when did god get uncensored?

Quoted post: Oh my god, seriously? That would be at the top of my 'Best things that happened during 06' list...

Yeah, you can probably google it, but I think I saw it on IGN...

Posted by Linko_16

Actually, I heard about a movie, but it was just another person saying so and I don't know where they heard it. Afterall, there hasn't even been a Simpsons movie yet.

To address the thread topic, Futurama's my show of choice.

Posted by Richaod

Futurama is much better. I've never actually laughed out loud whilst watching a Simpsons episode, but it's impossible not to during Futurama (especially the video game part of the What If? machine episode, being a video game nerd :P)...

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Linko_16: [b]Actually, I heard about a movie]

Futurama.

And I highly doubt they will make a movie, look at the Family Guy movie the episodes are way funnier.

Posted by Arwon

Official word from Billy West and David X Cohen is that they've got 4 straight-to-DVD movies that they'll start recording around July.

Posted by Azusa

They both have their equally funny moments. I wouldn't say either is particularly better than the other.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Zeta]EDIT: Hey, when did god get uncensored?
~November. :P

Can't wait for new Futurama.

Posted by Mystic Hero

To me there is no winner among the two. They are both equally just as funny and not one has made me laugh harder or more frequently than the other. I guess it all comes down to which one you prefer to watch over the other or which one made you laugh more. To me there is no difference. I like watching them both and they both have an equal comical quality to them. Matt Graining does a good job with his cartoons so it's hard for me to decide between some of his works.

Posted by Zeta

The Robot Hell song FTW!

Posted by Fragliche

Quoting Zeta: The Robot Hell song FTW!

I just hope when I go to Hell it's that enjoyable.

Futurama simply because it's so funny. :>

Posted by Azusa

[SIZE=1][quote][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Matt Graining does a good job with his cartoons so it's hard for me to decide between some of his works.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
Not that it matters terribly much, but his name is Matt *Groening. It's sort of a tricky name...not spelled the way it sounds phonetically.

Anyhow, does anyone know if they are still making episodes of the Simpsons? I haven't the slightest clue; I can't remember the last time I watched a substantial amount of t.v. aside from the occasional Adult Swim.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Posted by D.J Cat

They are both great but Simpsons is a bit old these days and Futurama is so clever and fresh.
The whole 1000 years in the future thing is done really well I think, it allows for so many smart and funny references to stuff and yeah.

Posted by Klarth

They're gonna stop making Simspons after season 20, apparently.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Thank god. I consider it amazing that they had managed to stave off sucking as long as they did. Better to walk away gracefully than get kicked off the air.

[quote=Arwon]ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

If you don't like Futurama, you're wrong.

Quoted for supreme truthiness.

Quoted post: They're gonna stop making Simspons after season 20, apparently.

Watch them extend it to the 25th season.

Posted by fig roll

i wonder what they will do for the last episode of the simpsons, are they going to wrap things up by killing them all off or will it just be like any other episode?
They need to make more futurama as well!

Posted by Moogs

They probably won't kill them all off, but hey it's the simpson, they'll do anything.

Posted by fig roll

Ok they can just kill off Flanders!

Posted by femo blaber

i think simpsons is the best

Posted by Colonel

Simpsons

Posted by femo blaber

whos chibi robo?

Quoted post: whos chibi robo?

Get a Gamecube.

Posted by femo blaber