Screws?

Posted by Proto Man

Is it possible to get the kind of screws that are used on the regular GB games anywhere? I lost one, and now I can't put the game back together.

Posted by bazariah

arnet they the same as nes carts screws... if so use one from a mario/duck hunt cart :D

Posted by GameMiestro

...what would you be doing taking a game apart? :)

Posted by bazariah

Quoting GameMiestro: ...what would you be doing taking a game apart? :)

dont we all?... gotta do it for cleaning :D

Posted by junior senior

I just blow into it/use an air can.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Junior Senior: I just blow into it

you blow videogames?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting bazariah: arnet they the same as nes carts screws... if so use one from a mario/duck hunt cart :D

lemme check... [COLOR="Red"]*looks at at a copy of Bill and Ted's Excellent Video Adventure that JUST happens to be right there*[/COLOR]

Wait.... YOUR RIGHT! baz, your a genius! He he, I am going to be trading this NES game in anyhow, so no-one will be the wiser if it is missing only one screw. I should just take the middle one out, right?

Quoting GameMiestro: ...what would you be doing taking a game apart? :)

Replacing the battery. I had the game apart, and the screw was in the game case, SAFE. Well, our maids were cleaning in my room and when I got home from school the screw was missing. :( Happily to say, those maids are fired now! (Not for those reasons of course, :p: )

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Protoman: lemme check... [COLOR="Red"]*looks at at a copy of Bill and Ted's Excellent Video Adventure that JUST happens to be right there*[/COLOR]

Wait.... YOUR RIGHT! baz, your a genius! He he, I am going to be trading this NES game in anyhow, so no-one will be the wiser if it is missing only one screw. I should just take the middle one out, right?

yep just take out the middle one, if you go for any of the others the carts open slightly, but it's harder to open it from the middle screw so go for that one :D

Posted by junior senior

But Bill & Ted is such a good game, though. :(

[quote=bazariah]you blow videogames?

... I put them in my mouth sometimes, and I choked once.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting bazariah: yep just take out the middle one, if you go for any of the others the carts open slightly, but it's harder to open it from the middle screw so go for that one :D

ah, ok. Thanks a lot man. Now hopefully I don't booger up the soldering process like I did with LTTP.

Posted by GameMiestro

Hmm. The batteries for my old GameBoy games have yet to run out.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I thought they recharged every time you plugged them in?

My battery-operated games haven't run out, afaik.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: I thought they recharged every time you plugged them in?

My battery-operated games haven't run out, afaik.

No, they run out eventually. After that, then you can't save. :(

I'd better print out my GameBoy Camera pictures, then.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: I'd better print out my GameBoy Camera pictures, then.

Well, I wouldn't panic... just be cautious. If you keep your stuff in good condition and stuff like that, you shouldn't have a problem.

Well, my GB Camera has the last picture of my granddad alive on it, so I Kinda want to keep that.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: Well, my GB Camera has the last picture of my granddad alive on it, so I Kinda want to keep that.

Well yeah, definately print that out.

Posted by Exalbaru

Does anyone know if you can sell broken GBs or GBAs?

Only on eBay - people there are always looking for faulty stuff for repairs.

Posted by junior senior

*Cough* Retro SP.

Whoa, shut up. Besides, I needed working stuff for that.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

The battery can sort of be recharged if you play the game alot. If you don't for a few months or years it drains them and they will have to be charged if you have a gb with a charger cable turn the game on and leave it on for a few hours a week and save the game a few times, maybe try 10-20 times. The batteries inside of those are rechargable CR-2025 or CR-2032 batteries.

Not if they're fully drained.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Wings: Whoa, shut up. Besides, I needed working stuff for that.

Need an SP? Yours for

Note the past tense. Besides, given the internal structure of the Classic, I'd need a Micro screen, and I'm fairly sure those are hard-wired onto the mainboard. Not gonna happen too soon, unfortunately.