...My L button doesn't work.

Posted by maian

I tell it how it is. But, yeah, it hasn't been working. Every once in a while, It works, but not very much lately. I'm wondering if this is something fixable (That's where you come in :mad: ) or if I have to refund it =/ Which, I don't think i can do, as I've had it for more then a year.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Send it back to Nintendo

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

My L button stopped working ony GBA. My advice? Get a tri-wing security screwdriver off eBay and crack the thing open. See if the springs are broken, or what, and fix it. If you can't see what's wrong, put it back together and send it off to our boys at the big N - there's no way to tell that it's been opened, so warranty works.

Posted by GameMiestro

Try pushing the button very fast for a minute or two. Also, cleaning the inside can sometimes help.

Posted by Colonel

No do what Vampiro said, call Nintendo and tell then whats wronge then they'll send you a new one by mail, and you send your old one back to them. That what i did with my Gamecube.

Posted by Ant

Speaking of things wrong with the DS. Mine seems to turn off sometimes randomly...and sometimes I wou't be able to turn it on unless I try to turn if on a bunch of times, then afterwards I'll have to redo all the settings like the date and etc. Same goes with when I plug it in to charge, the light will turn on for a second and then go off to where it's not charging.

Heh, and if I send it in, does it matter if it's a Japanese one or not? I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Posted by CS Ryan

The L Button on my DS dosen't work either. And the L Button on my GBA is super-sensitive.

Quoting Ant: Speaking of things wrong with the DS. Mine seems to turn off sometimes randomly...and sometimes I wou't be able to turn it on unless I try to turn if on a bunch of times, then afterwards I'll have to redo all the settings like the date and etc. Same goes with when I plug it in to charge, the light will turn on for a second and then go off to where it's not charging.

Heh, and if I send it in, does it matter if it's a Japanese one or not? I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Yeah, just send it in. You should get an identical DS in return. So if it's a Japanese version, you should get another one.

Posted by GameMiestro

The clicking sounds for my buttons mysteriously died. They still function... but they're noticably quieter now.

Too quiet.

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting Ant: Speaking of things wrong with the DS. Mine seems to turn off sometimes randomly...and sometimes I wou't be able to turn it on unless I try to turn if on a bunch of times, then afterwards I'll have to redo all the settings like the date and etc. Same goes with when I plug it in to charge, the light will turn on for a second and then go off to where it's not charging.

i'd say just buy a new battery, because i heard they wear out after hundreds of charges

That wouldn't solve the L button problem, though.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yes, but that was Maian's problem. For Ant's problem, I would probably say that replacing the battery is the second best idea (the first being sending it to Nintendo).

Oh. I thought both were the OP's problem. Oops.

Posted by Ant

Quoting GameMiestro: Yes, but that was Maian's problem. For Ant's problem, I would probably say that replacing the battery is the second best idea (the first being sending it to Nintendo).

I've like, charaged it fully like 5-10 times at most.

Posted by GlobalWarming

Quoting Ant: I've like, farted on it fully like 5-10 times at most.

thats just WRONG

Posted by Axis

Quoting GlobalWarming: thats just WRONG

Hey! An unfunny joke!

Posted by cool gamer dad

I also need to send my DS in! The speaker isn't working like it used to. It's nothing game-changing, but just really annoying. Everything else is still there.

Posted by Nightscare

i have the same prob with the speaker, it makes a staticy sound while playing. i hear this most while playing golden sun

Posted by Bebop

I had the same problem with my R button. After carrying on gameplay as norma it eventually returned to its correct working condtion. My advice: try to ignore it and use it like you would normally and it should fix itself.

Posted by Sweegy

Quoting Bebop: I had the same problem with my R button. After carrying on gameplay as norma it eventually returned to its correct working condtion. My advice: try to ignore it and use it like you would normally and it should fix itself.

How long do you have to wait? And how much does it cost? Mine's already 4 months old. AndI don't wanna ruin my AC town.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Mine is perfectly fine. But that's because I use it once a month.

Yeah maian, I'd send it back to Nintendo.

Posted by streak101

I'd would say just to send it to nintendo. They should give you a new one identical. By the By my DS kept turning on and off by itself, i thnk its possessed. Any suggestions? I had to get a new one, but it would be nice to fix the old one.

Quoted post: By the By my DS kept turning on and off by itself, i thnk its possessed. Any suggestions? I had to get a new one, but it would be nice to fix the old one.

Eh, probably something that you'll have to open it up to fix. And I'd suggest you DON'T do that. It might void the warranty, and if you can't fix it, you might not be able to send it back.

It sounds like there's a dodgy connection with the capacitor that makes the on/off button function on a timer. And that would be a bugger to fix, especially if it's a replacement job.

Send it off. It's less than a year since you got it, right?

Posted by Zeta

My R button stopped working a while ago. It recently started working again, though. =P I was so relieved when the Item Info screen popped up when I accidentaly pressed R while playing Riviera!

Posted by Colonel

Everything is going peachy with my Red DS exept i lost all my stylus' and resulted in a tooth pick, but what i didnt know it that the hole were you put the stylus isnt inclosed so i put the tooth pick in there so now its inside my DS lol.

I didn't know the stylus hole was open like that, either. Genius planning there - keeping the cost down, recycling better, etc.

I'm wondering if dust can get to the electronics, though?

Posted by Colonel

No if you keep a stylus in it, dust wont enter alot. Man oh man they should put bells on those friggin' stylus'

Lol, why do you have it out of your DS if you aren't using it? That just screams 'lose me!' I still have both of mine. :)

But when you are using it, surely it's open to the elements?

Yeah, I still have my original styluses. I tend not to lose things easily.

Quoted post: But when you are using it, surely it's open to the elements?

Eh, it's a pretty small hole. Not much to worry aobut.

Quoting Vampiro: Eh, it's a pretty small hole. Not much to worry aobut.

Dust.

Anybody? No?

Dust.

Posted by Zeta

[quote=Vamp]Yeah, I still have my original styluses. I tend not to lose things easily.
Didn't you lose Metroid Prime Pinball?

[quote]Dust.
Nothing a quick blow won't take care of.

Quoted post: Didn't you lose Metroid Prime Pinball?

No, like I said, it's in my room somewhere. So technically, it's not lost. I just can't find it.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Wings: Lol, why do you have it out of your DS if you aren't using it??

I was in my house and i was carring it upside down and it slipped out somewhere. OOPS