Post Your Hauls

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: Post your latest haul, include the price if you feel necessary.

Yesterday:
Isis - Panopticon (I'm really, really enjoying this one)
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
Akercocke - Choronzon (I'm not enjoying it. At all.)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I finally found a decent metal store in Toronto, so now I can finally toss all those burnt CDs. Span of the past two weeks.

OCCULT - Elegy For The Weak
OCCULT - The Enemy Within
OCCULT - Prepare To Meet Thy Doom
Graveworm - Engraved In Black
Graveworm - Scourge Of Malice
Graveworm - As The Angels Reach The Beauty
Killwhitneydead - Never Good Enough For You
Woods of Ypres - Pursuit of The Sun And Allure Of The Earth
Necrophagist - Epitaph

Posted by sabre

I recently purchased Dream Theater's Live At Budokan, and Jordan Rudess' Rhythm of Time. A little before that I ordered Dali's Dilemma - Manifesto for Futurism, but it still hasn't arrived. >:/

Posted by MetalVox~55

I just got Soilwork's "Natural Born Chaos"

Great cd

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire]
Graveworm - Engraved In Black
Graveworm - Scourge Of Malice
Graveworm - As The Angels Reach The Beauty
Graveworm is so much fun. I'm particularly fond of Scourge of Malice. :cool:

[QUOTE=Sabredog][/color]

The DVD is even more amazing

Posted by Klarth

Wintersun - Wintersun, Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons. They're both stunning, and DT's When Dream and Day Unite is to arrive soon.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Shin-Ra: That's a fine cd, it's amazing that they could pull so many songs off. I'm interested to see what the dvd looks like.

The DVD is amazing. I'd never seen a bass player before, so Myung's playing caught me way off guard. That and Portnoy's amazing drum playing (and drumset) and Petrucci and Rudess' amazing solos were great highlights, not the mention the atmosphere was great, what a crowd.

Anyways, recent purchases for me:

Dream Theater DVDs:
Images and Words: Like in Tokyo
5 Years in a Livetime
Metropolis 2000: New York

As well as the oldest CD, When Dream and Day Unite. Can't wait for it to arrive from Latvia. :cool:

Posted by Klarth

Latvia... Wtf.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Irrelevant: The DVD is amazing. I'd never seen a bass player before, so Myung's playing caught me way off guard. That and Portnoy's amazing drum playing (and drumset) and Petrucci and Rudess' amazing solos were great highlights, not the mention the atmosphere was great, what a crowd.
Amazing.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Abraxas: Latvia... Wtf.

ebay.

Sabredog, I was joking.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

The last cd I bought was Weird Al- Bad Hair Day

Quoted post: The last cd I bought was Weird Al- Bad Hair Day

Excellent purchase.

Anywho I just got back from the mall. I wanted to pick up Apocalyptica's new CD, and picked it up I did. Exellent of course.

Also, I was browsing around and noticed "The Infinite Steve Vai, An Anthology". I was about to pass when I saw the price tag, but then I noticed the marked-down sticker. Fifiteen buck Canadian. Can't go wrong with that.

Posted by Gollum

I bought Dream Theater's Once in a LIVEtime off eBay recently, and within the next 2-3 weeks I'll try to acquire Krux's Krux or Dream Theater's Live at the Marquee, though I don't know if I'll be able to.

Posted by sabre

Once in a LIVEtime is their best live album, in my opinion.

Yesterday I bought all of DT's live DVDs, and today I bought Within Temptation - Mother Earth and If Only - Axion. The latter isn't really my tastes in music, but I know the drummer so I felt compelled. :P

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Last Saturday I bought Crystal Planet by Joe Satriani. :cool:

Posted by Klarth

Rhapsody - Tales From The Emerald Sword Saga. It kicks arse.

:link:

Posted by Klarth

Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite.

Yes, It finally arrived. "The Killing Hand" and "Light Fuse and Get Away" are my favourite songs on it right now.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Abraxas: Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite.

Yes, It finally arrived. "The Killing Hand" and "Light Fuse and Get Away" are my favourite songs on it right now.

Good CD. Everyone said the vocals sucked, but I like them at least. My favourites are Ytse Jam and Fortune in Lies.

Anyways, I was successful in acquiring Dream Theater's Live at the Marquee, but someone outbid me on Krux's CD. I also ordered Live Scenes from New York, but it hasn't arrived yet from the US. And finally, in 1-2 weeks I'll be grabbing Eldritch's Portrait of the Abyss Within from amazon.

Posted by sabre

Two weeks ago, I...

- Ordered Mullmuzzler - Keep It To Yourself
- Ordered Mullmuzzler 2
- Pre-ordered James Labrie - Elements of Persuasion.

So far, only Mullmuzzler 2 has arrived, though I am expecting KITY tomorrow. Unfortunately, MM2 came with a dent in the spine. :mad:

Posted by Shin-Ra

OK! Now for something less Dream Theater related:

Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten / Pierced Frow Within - 2 albums, 1 set
King Diamond - Fatal Portrait / Abigail - 2 albums, 1 set ($7.99, I couldn't resist)
Hammerfall - One Crimson Night - 2 disc live album

I would love to suffocate King Diamond :)

Posted by Klarth

arriving on thursday or friday is ayreon's the human equation. and I'm thinking about ordering into the electric castle, too.

Posted by Gollum

I ordered Eldritch's Portrait of the Abyss Within on amazon.ca yesterday.

Posted by netman

Good job :cool:

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting netman: Good job :cool:

For a second there I thought you'd bought a cd for yourself. Then I clicked and was reminded that you suck.

Good job :(

Posted by Klarth

I bought nightwish's angels fall first and dream theater's live at budokan cd set today. they rocksor.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Morbid Angel - Covenant
Strapping Young Lad - SYL
Vader - The Beast

Bass blasting good times. I should have a review up for tomorrow, yay!

Posted by Gollum

Quoting netman: Good job :cool:

all 4 u netty :angel: :kirby:

He wasted all his money on a traffic ticket. :cool:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

lol

Bought Nightwish: Once and Dream Theatre's Awake from HMV today. I think I'll start buying more cds.

Posted by sabre

Bought...

Angel Dust - Enlighten the Darkness
Angra - Holy Land
Liquid Tension Experiment
Jordan Rudess - Feeding the Wheel

...on Wednesday. Of which, I received EtD and FtW yesterday, and HL today. Still waiting on LTE.

Posted by Klarth

ayreon - the human equation
ayreon - into the electric castle
agalloch - pale folklore
therion - crowning of atlantis
dream theater - fifteen years since dream and day united
dream theater - under the covers
dream theater - master of metallica
dream theater - city of angels

Burzum's complete collection. Though I now have two copies of certain discs it's a neat little package put together by a store manager I know.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Was that actually sold as a package (like the 1992-1997 deal that they have) or all the cds in the discography bought at once?

Yesterday I got ahold of:
Annihilator - Set the World on Fire / In Command (1 set, 2 albums)
Suffocation - Souls to Deny

Annihiltor's incredibly corny but entertaining and that Suffocation cd just sucks, stick with their older stuff if you're interested.

Quoted post: Was that actually sold as a package (like the 1992-1997 deal that they have) or all the cds in the discography bought at once?

Do they even have an offical package? 'Cause that would be cool.

No, it's just something the manage threw together. So its all the CDs in this cool box thing with a bunch of crap thrown in.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah, I just now saw it was limited to 1000 copies but it'd still be pretty neat to have. Here it is: http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=20975

That's pretty cool of them to do that for you. I own Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (such a good album) and I have Burzum/Aske and the first three songs on Filosofem on my computer. I'm really interested in Varg's other cds though, despite his being a raging tit and all. Gah, I'll even admit that I've read many of his writings because they're so interesting and informative even though they're sometimes laced with ideas that I find dispicable.

Hah, I don't know what it is about the guy, but you love to hate him, and you hate to love him.

Though I haven't had a chance to read any of his stuff, it would be interesting to do. I'd like to see what goes on inside his head.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Here's a website that posts many of Varg's articles and even contains two of his full length books, although only one is English: http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/

I recommend the "A Burzum Story", "Paganism" and "The Viking Age and Christianity in Norway" articles towards the bottom of Articles and others section.

On the subject of cds, I'm about to put in a massive order from http://www.theendrecords.com and get their Gorgoroth and Blind Guardian package deals and a few other goodies. Oh, and has anyone had the opportunity to listen to a band called Manegarm? I just found their website today and have been very pleased with the full-length sample tracks they put up. They range from straight black metal to a folk blend of the former. Seriously, check them out if you're interested:
[url=http://www.manegarm.com/shop/evigtid.mp3]I Evig Tid[/url] (folky and sooo awesome)
[url=http://www.manegarm.com/vargaresa.mp3]Vargaresa[/url] (this and the next are bm)
[url=http://www.manegarm.com/daughtersofeve.mp3]Daughters of Eve[/url]

Quoting Shin-Ra: Here's a website that posts many of Varg's articles and even contains two of his full length books, although only one is English: http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/

I recommend the "A Burzum Story", "Paganism" and "The Viking Age and Christianity in Norway" articles towards the bottom of Articles and others section.

Ah, how obvious of a place to find it. ^^ Thanks.

Quoted post:
On the subject of cds, I'm about to put in a massive order from http://www.theendrecords.com and get their Gorgoroth package deal and a few other goodies.

When you get that, tell me how much it cost in total, and how it turned out. I would LOVE to buy that.

Quoted post: Oh, and has anyone had the opportunity to listen to a band called Manegarm? I just found their website today and have been very pleased with the full-length sample tracks they put up. They range from straight black metal to a folk blend of the former. Seriously, check them out if you're interested:
[url=http://www.manegarm.com/shop/evigtid.mp3]I Evig Tid[/url] (folky and sooo awesome)
[url=http://www.manegarm.com/vargaresa.mp3]Vargaresa[/url] (this and the next are bm)
[url=http://www.manegarm.com/daughtersofeve.mp3]Daughters of Eve[/url]

Pretty good stuff. I'm not a big fan of the first... but I love the second and last song. I'm guessing this is their earlier stuff?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: I'm guessing this is their earlier stuff?

Yeah, both are from their first two demos. They recently released a cd that contains both of those demos on one disc, apparently.

[quote]When you get that, tell me how much it cost in total, and how it turned out. I would LOVE to buy that.

The Gorgoroth package costs $37.00 and is made up of Antichrist, Pentagram, and Under The Sign Of Hell. The End has free shipping in America and a dollar shipping fee for Canada. So I doubt it'll cost any more than the price already listed unless I have to pay an additional fee for ordering too much (for shipping weight I suppose), which I doubt will happen.

Alright, I've narrowed it down to these:

Gorgoroth package ($37.00)
Blind Guardian package--Battalions Of Fear, Follow The Blind, The Forgotten Tales ($33.00)
Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising ($13.00)
Ulver - The Madrigal Of Night (as it's listed, isn't it called Nattens Madrigal though?) ($12.00)
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger ($12.00)
Immortal - Pure Holocaust ($13.50)
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var ($14.00)
Antimatter - Saviour ($10.00)
Ulvhedin - Pagan Manifest ($12.50)
Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus ($13.00)
Manegarm - Vargaresa - The Beginning--the two demos ($13.00)
Venom - Black Metal ($13.00)
Sodom - Agent Orange ($12.00)
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams--double disc ($18.00)

Quoted post: The Gorgoroth package costs $37.00 and is made up of Antichrist, Pentagram, and Under The Sign Of Hell. The End has free shipping in America and a dollar shipping fee for Canada. So I doubt it'll cost any more than the price already listed unless I have to pay an additional fee for ordering too much (for shipping weight I suppose), which I doubt will happen.

I already have Antichrist, though that's pretty **** cheap. I might just have to buy it tomorrow.

Pretty good list though (other than the one or two I haven't heard of). If I had that kind of money right now, I'd go on a CD spree.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Post your latest haul, include the price if you feel necessary.

The Essential Simon and Garfunkel (Excellent)
The Romantic Piano, by Chopin (Relaxing)
The Worst Tribute to the Offspring (blasphemously bad)
Smash, by the Offspring (I knew it'd rock, it does. .. again)
The Dance, by Fleetwood Mac (my favorite songs LIVE)
Greatest Hits, Dio (Good stuff, gotta listen to it more)
Images and Words, Dream Theater (Disappointing, I only got it because once in a livetime was so good, but it's not worth the three or four other songs)
Let your dim light shine, Soul Asylum (haven't listened to it yet. It probably sucks, but it was .99)

grand total-67 dollars

Posted by Shin-Ra

No use in having the same thread in two locations. Merged.

Today I bought:

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral Reissue (I had an unhealthy obsession with this cd for the longest time and the remastered material, which is noticable by the way, with the bonus disc will only bring that back. It cost me $30 though... yeah, I'm trying not to think of that)

Apocalyptica - Reflections (It's an ok cd and it was priced at $10.99. The artwork is beautiful)

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: The Essential Simon and Garfunkel (Excellent)
Greatest Hits, Dio (Good stuff, gotta listen to it more)

Those are both excellent compilations, though I haven't given the second much of a spin. My dad has the Simon and Garfunkel cd, but I listen to it far more than he does. I got the Dio cd a while back (along with a Bjork cd. Hey, it's a guilty pleasure) and it's pretty good. I haven't listened to it much, other than "Holy Diver" and "Rainbow in the Dark", but I liked what I did listen to.

Posted by sabre

[font=georgia][color=#ccff00]Angel Dust - Enlighten the Darkness
Angra - Holy Land
Jordan Rudess - Feeding the Wheel
Liquid Tension Experiment

This was quite a while back, now - I should go buy something new soon. The grand total was about

Death - Human and Individual Thought Patterns.
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Kreator - Enemy of ***
Venom - Welcome to Hell.
Meshuggah - Catch 33 (I actually only bought it so I could review it. Unique)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Ulver - Nattens Madrigal (Wow... just wow)
Immortal - Blizzard Beasts (Way different from their newer stuff. I have yet to decide if this is a good thing)
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var (I like it more than 'Burzum/Aske' but less than 'Hvis Lyset Tar Oss', though they're all hardly comparable. Good stuff, and like the Immortal album, this sounds more stereotypical of the Black Metal genre than his other material)
Metal for the Masses Vol.III

The Easter Bunny deserves an intense rimjob this year.

Edit on 4/1:
The Doors - The Doors. Excellent stuff. I'd much rather have gotten L.A. Woman or Strange Days but FYE didn't have it and I'm much too lazy to drive forty-five minutes to get either.

Posted by Gollum

I just bought Strapping Young Lad - Alien on amazon.ca. Good stuff, soon to arrive in the next few days.

Posted by Klarth

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4715741171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:I
****ING YAY. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS HAPPY OVER A SINGLE PIECE OF MUSIC.

Posted by Richaod

I got Metallica's St. Anger single while I was in Japan. The Ramones covers weren't too bad at all. I would've gotten In Flames' Whoracle or something like that, but Japanese import CD racks have absolutely no ordering at all (it's like half of A followed by V followed by the other half of A, then R.E.M. and crap like that), so I really couldn't find anything I wanted.

Posted by Gollum

Yesterday, I bought on eBay:

Draconian - Where Lovers Mourn
Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes single
Candlemass - Live

And it was cheap, too.

Posted by Gollum

Today I bought Dream Theater - Lie single on ebay.

Posted by Klarth

ebay buys:

Waltari - Rare Species
Dream Theater - 1996 Christmas CD

shop-bought:

Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
Dream Theater - Once in a LIVEtime

Posted by MapMan

Supertramp

Breakfast in America

Bought it at a independent music store. Support your local independent
music store.

Posted by Klarth

I just bought Agalloch's "The Grey". Only 1000 copies of it were ever made, and people keep saying it's shit, but it's worth owning in my opinion.

Posted by Shin-Ra

My very first vinyls:

Agalloch - The Mantle (2LP) - Limited to 500 copies with new artwork, etc.
Agalloch/Nest Split - Limited to 1000 copies

I'm really, really excited about these.

Cds:

Ainulindale - The Lay of Leithian (Mostly folk instrumental stuff with occassional spoken lyrics. It all has a very dark ambient feel which reminds me a bit of Nest)
Antimatter - Saviour (Ambient music headed by Duncan Patterson, the ex-bassist and lyricist of Anathema)
Burzum - Filosofem (I'm trying to complete my Burzum discography. Great stuff)
Burzum - Hlidskjalf (Varg's last album. It's supposed to be the best of his Ambient works)
Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields (Very folk inspired)
Ulver - Bergtatt (It's supposed to be the best combination of Folk and Black Metal)

They're all ordered. I'm just waiting for delivery.

Last week:

The Rolling Stones - 40 Licks
Cannibal Corpse - 15 Year Killing Spree (I'm not a huge fan of the band but I figured I'd give this best of a shot. The 89 demo is pretty damn good)
Uriah Heep - Rainbow Demon (Live cd)
Tool - Undertow (I rebought it because my copy was too scratched to play)
Tool - Aenima (" ")

I've been working a lot of hours, so I'm getting bigger paychecks which means more cds. I've got the job for spending money like this and to keep myself occupied, so I suppose it works out.

Posted by sabre

Two days ago, I pre/ordered...

Dream Theater - Octavarium
Rush - 2112
Liquid Tension Experiment 2
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Blind Guardian - Imaginations Through the Looking Glass (DVD)

And yesterday, I ordered Derek Sherinian - Mythology.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Shin-Ra]I'm really, really excited about these.

Holy shat, where did you find those? I've been all over the net searching for them, and there's no results no matter what I do... How much did they cost you?

[quote]Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields (Very folk inspired)

You WILL be keelhauled if you don't send me that. ^_^

Posted by Shin-Ra

Today I got Behemoth's Demi*** album. It's absolutely wonderful and I plan on getting more of their material in the near future. I also got a record player, so that'll help with my other orders. Now, I didn't have any records laying around to test on my new equipment so I went to Goodwill and picked up The Sound of Music Soundtrack, a Merle Haggard single, a Devo single and some performance of the Boston Symphony Orchestra that had neat cover art.

Quoting Majesty: Holy shat, where did you find those?

I've promoted the site a lot, but here it is again: [url=http://shopping.theendrecords.com/]The End Records[/url]. I order almost all of my music there since it's primarily ambient, folk and metal related stuff. Plus, it's the label that Agalloch's on (if you want an exclusive album by a band it's best to check their record label's store) as well as Ulver and a few other bands I enjoy. Plus, it's all very inexpensive. My entire order cost but a mere $100.50, actually. The Agalloch stuff can be located here:

[url=http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc.10/category.22/it.A/id.9296/.f]The Mantle[/url]
[url=http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/sc.10/category.2025/it.A/id.6865/.f]Agalloch/Nest split[/url]

Shipping is free in the US, it's an extra dollar for Canada and I'm not sure about England.

Quoting Majesty:
You WILL be keelhauled if you don't send me that. ^_^

Surely, I love sharing music. Anything else you want? In other words, pm please. ;)

I need to bring the cd exchange game back.

Edit on April 22:

Cd:
Peccatum - Strangling From Within

Vinyl:
Black Sabbath - Live at Last
Merle Haggard - High on a Hilltop

Posted by Klarth

Star One - Space Metal. I'm really excited about this one, simply because it has a song based on Frank Herbert's Dune, and a cover of the Bowie song Space Oddity.

Posted by Klarth

Ayreon - Day Eleven: Love
Ayreon - Day Sixteen: Loser

I'm looking forward to the alternate versions of these songs and those other bonus tracks. Yay for singles.

Posted by Shin-Ra

The Doors - L.A. Woman (It hasn't left my car stereo. I can see this being one of my favorite cds of all time)

Decapitated - The Negation (Good technical death metal with some nice thrash elements. I'm liking this Polish death metal stuff more and more)

Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond (Slay them thar dragons)

Posted by Klarth

I just bought both Liquid Tension Experiment albums on an impulse, and it seems to have been a very worthwhile impulse indeed.

mmm technical

Posted by Gollum

I bought Dream Theater - Octavarium yesterday.

I also bought Explorer's Club - Age of Impact because it was cheap.

Posted by Klarth

I just got Ayreon's Day Eleven: Love single in the mail. It's great... But I'm trying to find downloads for the material that you can't get off ayreon.com anymore. ...anyone?

Posted by Shin-Ra

One post per purchase, thanks.

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth - Well... there's one decent song on here. I'll probably sell this back to FYE. I never thought I'd say that about NIN, but this cd is bad.

Strapping Young Lad - Alien - Make way for breeding!

Johnny Cash - Love, God, Murder - Wonderful three cd box set. "Folsom Prison Blues", "Delia's Gone" and "Don't Take Your Guns to Town" are my favorites, conveniently all on the Murder cd.

Music related:
Tickets to see Behemoth, Nile, King Diamond and Black Dahlia Murder on the 18th.

Posted by Richaod

I last got Two Shoes and Sly (the single) by The Cat Empire. The album is similar enough to their debut, but almost completely lacks the energy of their previous songs. Sly and The Car Song are great, but everything else is subpar. There are more keyboard solos though, which is fun.

Where do you under-working-age Brits get all your money, anyway?

Posted by sabre

Actually, 15 is working age over here...not that I've got a job yet. Looking for one, though.

I do have a generous grandfather, parents who put

Posted by Klarth

I go into town to buy food for people, I sell my tube travelcards for half price at the end of the day whenever I'm in london, I inherited

Posted by Klarth

Ayreon - The Final Experiment
It arrived yesterday, and I forgot to mention it. It's very, very medieval and folky.

Dream Theatre ~ Metropolis PT 2: Scenes From a Memory - Pretty decent, if I do say.

Nightwish ~ Wishmaster - Simply LOVE it.

Apocalyptica ~ Inquisition Symphony - I enjoy most songs performed by them.

Posted by Klarth

Mercenary - 11 Dreams

Supremacy V2 0 is a good song, so the whole album should be, too... I hope.

Posted by sabre

Frameshift - Unweaving the Rainbow
I only bought this because it featured James LaBrie and I'd heard comments to the effect of "it's good, worth buying", but having checked the website for more info on it, I'm -really- anticipating its arrival, more than any of the other albums.

Rush - Different Stages (box set)
hi Khaos ;] I'm still just getting into the band, but 2112 was awesome, so I've got high hopes for this one.

Helloween - The Dark Ride
I've heard it reputed as one of their best studio albums yet, and I have a shirt with its cover art on, so I decided it was about time.

Winter Rose - Winter Rose
Don't have any clue how this'll be, except a single track downloaded from a p2p. The track rocked, but it'll definitely be pretty different in comparison to the rest of my collection.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Opeth - Lamenations

i'm watching it now. good lord i love Opeth...

Posted by Shin-Ra

I went on a cd benge this week when I went to see Behemoth, Nile, Black Dahlia Murder and King Diamond in concert. At the show I purchased a ton of Behemoth cds and the like. Also, Nergal of Behemoth happened to be standing at the back of the small place of the show and happily talked to people (myself included) and even signed a few of the cds I had bought/brought with me. Later that night my friends spotted a couple of guys from Nile (Karl Sanders included) standing outside of the place and I once again had the oppportunity to talk a bit with them and get them to sign some stuff I brought with me. It was all pretty fun and the show itself was fantastic, though I did find it rather hard to hear until the next morning.

New albums:
Behemoth - Conjuration (signed by Nergal)
Behemoth - Zios Kia Cultus
Sodom - Agent Orange
Cattle Decapitation - Humanure
Samael - Reign of Light
Samael - Ceremony of Opposites / Rebellion
1349 - Beyond the Apocalypse
Bathory - Bathory
Suffocation - Despise the Sun
Behemoth - Thelema.6 (vinyl signed by all the band members)
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Led Zeppelin - Zeppelin III

I got these cds that I already own signed as well:
Behemoth - Demi***
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka

Posted by Hyper

Dream Theater:

The Silent Man
Through Her Eyes (Japanese Import)
The Majesty Demos
When Dream and Day Reunite (DVD)

Ayreon:

The Human Equation

Quoted post: I got these cds that I already own signed as well:
Behemoth - Demi***
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka

... what?!

How was Nile by the way? Amazing?

Anyways, I haven't had the chance to buy any new CDs in the last while other than Moi dix Mois - Dix Infernal and Dir en Grey - Withering to Death.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: Opeth - Lamenations

i'm watching it now. good lord i love Opeth...

I got it in China for a few bucks (:D) and I liked it, although playing all of ****ation wasn't exactly the best idea (see: Weakness). I didn't actually enjoy Deliverance much, although I do like everything from Orchid to Blackwater Park, so it didn't appeal much to me.

Not that I don't like ****ation, because I love it; it's just not exactly the album a band would play for their first DVD release...

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro:
How was Nile by the way? Amazing?

Nile was excellent. The guitars were a bit too shrill, honestly, but everything else was dead on. They ended the show with a spectacular performance of "Black Seeds of Vengeance" that included Nergal jumping up on stage to sing the last part (the one where they say Black Seeds of Vengeance over and over). Suprisingly, I enjoyed King Diamond's theatrics far more than anything that Nile or Black Dahlia Murder had (yeah, I missed Behemoth's set). Even Diamond's vocals were tolerable, and even quite enjoyable, live because it went so well with his onstage presence.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I bought a "The Corrs" album, Marvin Gaye- What's Goin On? A Genesis album, and a Collective Soul album, Heart's Greatest Hits (the band is called Heart). I don't remember some of the names. Cost me like 20 bucks total. . . a total steal.

Posted by Richaod

The Silent Enigma - Anathema, and The Quiet Place - In Flames

The former was a bit of an impulsive buy, and it seems decent so far. Although I could've bought Dark Tranquillity's Lost To Apathy EP and some random Metallica bootleg with The Quiet Place for the same price... :(

I would've bought Judgement if it was there.

Posted by f_inal_link

Manowar ~ Battle Hyms
Slayer ~ Diabolus in musicia
Iron Maiden ~ Number of the beast
Pantera ~ Great southern Trendkill

Posted by NegativeTrend

Camel:
Camel
Mirage
The Snow Goose
Moonmadness
Rain Dances
Breathless
I Can See Your House From Here
Nude
On The Road (Live)
The Single Factor
Stationary Traveller
Dust And Dreams
Harbour Of Tears
Rajaz

Caravan:
Caravan

Roger Walters:
Radio K.A.O.S.

Brian Eno
Music For Airports
Days Of Radiance (with Laraaji)

Well it turns out I'm a huge Camel fan, Caravan's CD version has both Mono and Stereo versions of thier songs, Roger Walters side projects stink, and Brian Eno is awesome. Anyone who likes trippy instrumental music check out Camel - The Snow Goose. Absolutely great.

Posted by Shin-Ra

My copy of Cerberus' Chapters of Blackness came in today. It's exactly how I expected it to be, wonderful. The music video that comes with it is just plain awful though.

Just ordered today:
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail
Taake - Vinyl boxset which has: Nattestid Ser Porten Vid, Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik, Helnorsk Svartmetall, and a shirt; limited to 888 copies. [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/taake.jpg]Picture![/url]

Posted by Klarth

I like his wrist guards.

My copy of Arcturus' The Sham Mirrors came in today, and for some reason I now have a second copy of DT's Octavarium. I'll have to give it to someone / sell it... O well.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I went to Half Price Books today and found some good stuff:

Rob Dougan - Furious Angels (Holy hell this is good! Reminds me older Anathema if they were from an entirely different genre)
Blackmore's Night - Fires at Midnight (I've only listened to "I Still Remember" so far, but I like it)
Various Artists - Scandinavian Metal Attack II (issued by Black Mark productions, the late Quorthon's records label. I haven't heard of any of the non-Bathory bands on this album)

Vinyl:
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin (Classic metal)
I don't know if it's the name of the band or the album, but I also got Olias of Sunhillow. I haven't listened to it yet, but it doesn't matter anyway. I bought the vinyl because it was cheap and had some of the best artwork I've ever seen on any cover/booklet.

Quoting Majesty: for some reason I now have a second copy of DT's Octavarium. I'll have to give it to someone / sell it... O well.

Send it to me! See, I'm interested in the cd but not enough to buy it. I'll make you a few mixed cds in exchange if you wish. That or you can just sell it to some silly brit, your decision.

Posted by Klarth

...Sure, I don't see why not. PM or AIM me your address and I'll send as soon as I can afford the postage (in like three days or so). I'd prefer MP3 cd's what with the higher capacity and shat. :D

I think someone ordered it for me because they thought I wasn't capable of picking it up myself on its release date. Again, oh well.

Posted by Poco

Gorillaz-Demon Days
Gorillaz-G-Sides (the super rare limited edition one)

Anywho, i'm looking for a decent metal place near phoenix (arizona), the only one I know of carries only death metal, like Korn, Slipknot, etc,. Nothing good.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm making this order on Tuesday:

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora (Less extreme NSBM with ambient elements and a definite 'natural' feel to the music)

Vinterriket - Winterschatten (Dark Ambient with black metal elements and themes of nature. Pattern?)

Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times (Black Metal/Folk. One of my favorite cds, I'm glad I have the chance to actually own it)

Taake - Bjoergvin (Black Metal. This album's supposed to be pretty interesting from what Vampiro has told me. I actually haven't heard anything by them but I somehow wound up with the entire discography. One vinyl boxset and this cd will do it, I suppose.)

Bloodaxe - Raping the Ancient (Raw Viking Metal, so basically Black Metal about Vikings. It's supposed to have somewhat of an ambient/drone quality, which is something that I like a great deal. It fits with this sort of music extremely well, in my opinion. I've only heard a couple of mp3s from this band and they were fairly good.)

When I make an order I like to get at least one album that's different from what I've heard, or something that I haven't heard period. This time around I ended up with four cds instead of one that are like this. I'm looking forward to their arrival.

Posted by Richaod

Octavarium by Dream Theater. Just as soon as it comes in two weeks from my order. :( At a local store. :( And the release date was already two weeks after the U.S. :(

Posted by Raptor

Today I purchased Wider Angle by Hybrid at HMV and This is Trance 1 at Best Buy. They were $22.99 and $18.99 respectively (both prices are in Canadian dollars).

I'm going to wait for a nice, quiet time free of distractions to listen to either of them... I'll probably do so while making the long drive back across the states. I drove from Vancouver, BC to Jasper, AB through the middle of the evening, listening to splendid music the entire way, while watching heavy rain fall most of the time and navigating through unfamiliar landscapes in the black of the night... what an incredibly surreal experience. I am looking forward to experiencing both of these albums.

Posted by Hyper

I'm thinking of getting James LaBrie's Elements of Persuasion, Angel Dust's Enlighten the Darkness, and maybe Nevermore's Enemies of Reality soon.

Posted by sabre

Blind Guardian - Follow The Blind
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth
Geddy Lee - My Favourite Headache
Rush - Roll The Bones
Rush - Rush in Rio (DVD)

Posted by Shin-Ra

This is my one big order for the summer:

Taake - Doedskvad
Beherit - Drawing Down The Moon
In Flames - Lunar Strain (reissue + bonus) (for Scooter)
Hagalaz' Runedance - Frigga's web
Hagalaz' Runedance- Volven / Urd - That Which Was
Ulver - Blood Inside

And if all else goes well, tomorrow I'm getting:

Drudkh - Lebedynyy Shlyakh (The Swan Road)
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark (red vinyl)
Gorgoroth - Pentagram
Gorgoroth - Antichrist
Gorgoroth - Under the Sign of Hell
Satyricon - The Shadowthrone
V/A - Flowers Made Of Snow (2CD dark ambient compilation)
Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising

Posted by Dexter

Eternity by Freedom Call
Velvet Darkness They Fear by Theatre of Tragedy
Invisible Circles by After Forever
Almost Pure Instrument by After Crying
Sung Tongs by Animal Collective
Angels Cry by Angra
Heathenreel by Elvenking
Grime vs. Grandeur by Falconer

Those are some of the newer albums I've gotten that I can think of at this moment. I don't have much to say about any of them, really. I don't find any of them exceptionally gratifying or worth recommending, although each album seems to have a few special songs. Animal Collective is fun.

My last haul:

Bathory:

Blood Fire Death
Blood on Ice
Destroyer of Worlds
Hammerheart
Norland I
Norland II
Octagon
The Return
Twilight of the ***s
Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Requiem
Jubileum Vol. I, II, and II

Burzum:

Blast from the Ancient Past
Burzum and Gorgoroth

Posted by Shin-Ra

^ Good man!

I just bought:
Nevermore - This Goddless Endeavour
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

I haven't listened to the Nevermore release yet, but I have listened to the Porcupine Tree cd. Deadwing is far more accessible and harder, more straight forward rock than anything else they've put out. Still, it's a wonderful release and a definite recommendation for all fans of rock music.

I've also been downloading a lot lately, and plan on continuing this. So my posts in this thread happen very seldomly from now on, unless I find a deal on a bunch of vinyls.

Posted by Dexter

Be by Pain of Salvation
The Secrets of an Island by Six Magics
Wyrd by Elvenking
Atlantis Ascendant by Bal-Sagoth
The Memory of Trees by Enya
Shadow of the Moon by Blackmore's Night

Are there any fans of Pain of Salvation? If so, what other album of theirs might be worth getting? Is this their best one? It is the only one I've heard and I like plenty of it. I expect they may have some great older material that I should look into, but I'm not exactly sure where the best place (album) is to look.

From what I've heard of Wyrd, it seems much better and culturally inspired than Elvenking's previous release Heathenreel. I'm looking forward to going through some of these albums later on today when I take my 6+ hour drive.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Dexter: Are there any fans of Pain of Salvation? If so, what other album of theirs might be worth getting? Is this their best one? It is the only one I've heard and I like plenty of it. I expect they may have some great older material that I should look into, but I'm not exactly sure where the best place (album) is to look.

The only other Pain of Salvation album I have is The Perfect Element pt. 1, which isn't too bad. However, I'm sure netman could help you more.

Posted by Richaod

I just yesterday bought The Mind's I [Deluxe Edition] by Dark Tranquillity. I expected it to be more folkish and similar to The Gallery, but this was not so.

Still pretty good. Insanity's Crescendo is a brilliant song.

Posted by Hyper

Ayreon - The Final Experiment

Bought it almost a week ago and it just shipped today, apparently.

edit: Just got the following as well:

Divercia - Modus Operandi
Nightwish - Once

edit 2:

and this:

Symphony X - The Odyssey

Posted by sabre

Quoting Dexter: Are there any fans of Pain of Salvation? If so, what other album of theirs might be worth getting?

The Perfect Element (Part 1)! [edit: oh. hyper already said that. well, there's two recommendations!]

My last haul was last Friday.

Rush - Hemispheres *
Rush - Moving Pictures
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Frameshift - An Absence of Empathy *
Mullmuzzler - Keep It To Yourself *

The ones with stars have arrived already - enjoyed them all a lot so far, Hemispheres especially.

Posted by Hyper

[quote=Chaod]Richaod agrees: V: The New Mythology Suite > The Odyssey. Oh, and just where do you get your infinite sources of money? :(

I'm going to get V. next most likely.

Where do I get my money? Web design, though I don't see any more money coming in for a few weeks from it, so I'll be lucky if I can afford another in that time. I've got $4 left in my Paypal account :(

I purchased Enya ~ 'Only Time' a few days ago for a VERY reasonable price. I really enjoy listening to her, and the overall music is calming, even beautiful.

Posted by Hyper

The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits

And three out of four of my last haul arrived. All that's left is Symphony X - The Odyssey, which should arrive this week.

edit: The Odyssey arrived. Great album so far.

Posted by Richaod

Just bought The Divine Wings of Tragedy, by Symphony X. Should've bought Exposures: In Retrospect And Denial by Dark Tranquillity, but meh.

It's a pretty decent CD so far, a bit more minimalistic than V: The New Mythology Suite or The Odyssey. The 20-minute title track really has nothing on The Odyssey though.

Posted by MetalVox~55

John Petrucci - Suspended Animation
John Petrucci's Wild Stringdom guitar book
Wing Stop BBQ wings and fries :)

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Mike Portnoys liquid drum theater drum dvd. No more listening to cds and trying to figure it out by ear :D Now i've got the man himself to show me how to do his playing step by step.

Posted by sabre

Bought three in HMV yesterday, all of which have broken jewel cases, because HMV are satan.

Demons & Wizards - Touched By The Crimson King
Rush - Vapor Trails

D&W was good but maybe slightly samey all through, Porcupine Tree was an impulse buy (because I've heard a lot of good things about the band) and didn't disappoint, and Rush was extremely different to their old stuff (sounded more like Geddy Lee's solo album), but nonetheless enjoyable.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Shin_Akuma: Mike Portnoys liquid drum theater drum dvd. No more listening to cds and trying to figure it out by ear :D Now i've got the man himself to show me how to do his playing step by step.

Cool. I bought his anthology book today. Right now I'm working on Metropolis Pt. 1, but there's a few parts during the solos where the parts get so **** hard. I've got the tom lick from just before the first verse down really well though.

Oh yeah, and if you want to learn things from DT's 3 latest albums, buy his dvds from the site. I hear they're good learning tools. I can't afford any right now, sadly.

I haven't bought a CD in a very long time. Mostly because I'm saving up for drum stuff.

Posted by Shin-Ra

****ing repost.

Ancient - Eerily Howling Winds - The Antediluvian Tapes
Kataxu - Hunger of Elements
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Nokturnal Mortum - To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire
Opeth - Ghost Reveries (vinyl, coming out in mid-September)

Eh, The End Records was having a sale. $53 isn't too bad for all this.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Sabredog: Bought three in HMV yesterday, all of which have broken jewel cases, because HMV are satan.

Demons & Wizards - Touched By The Crimson King
Rush - Vapor Trails

D&W was good but maybe slightly samey all through, Porcupine Tree was an impulse buy (because I've heard a lot of good things about the band) and didn't disappoint, and Rush was extremely different to their old stuff (sounded more like Geddy Lee's solo album), but nonetheless enjoyable.

You're lucky your HMVs even have all of that, I'd need to order all of it in. :(

Repost: Once In A Livetime, Dream Theater.

Posted by Klarth

today i bought:

Devin Townsend - Terria

tomorrow i buy:

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia / Constellation / My Angel

Posted by Richaod

Just bought Images And Words by Dream Theater, because it only cost $10. Sanity actually sold a decent CD at a decent price, and put it at the front of the store!

Cowboys From Hell by Pantera was $15, but I only like the title track and Cemetery Gates from that album, so I really couldn't be bothered.

Posted by Klarth

Today I bought:

Pain of Salvation - Be

yaaaaaaaaa

Posted by Klarth

Ulver - Perdition City

...soooo good.

Posted by Klarth

Helloween - Mrs. g0d (Single)
Leaves' Eyes - Vinland Saga
Queensryche - Greatest Hits

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

The Mikey Show - We Are The Show (this is a San Diego only CD released by the local rock station's hilarious morning show - lots of inside jokes that nobody else here would get with the exception of Corrupt)

Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk (awesome black metal CD, highly recommended)

Got them both yesterday. I'm going to look for Finntrolls' "Midhattens Widunder" next.

Posted by Corrupt

"UltraTrance '05 (mixed by The Riddler)"
Sasha - "Global Underground Ibiza"
"This Is Rave 6.0 (From Dusk 'Til Dawn)" - 3 CDs for $16.99, fantastic deal

I picked all of these up recently, the first one being Sasha's compilation. I really enjoyed that, and I like what I'm hearing of "UltraTrance '05" so far. I haven't gotten the chance to listen to "This Is Rave" yet, as I just got it. I'm sure it'll turn out to be a worthwhile purchase, though.

If burns count, I got "Classical Mushroom" by Infected Mushroom a week ago from Ruptybby.

Posted by Klarth

They don't.

I bought Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution SE yesterday. I have to re-rip it because the last two songs screwed up.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Opeth - Ghost Reveries on vinyl. You can really notice the difference with this album's wonderfully crisp sound. If you buy it, get it on vinyl.

Posted by Richaod

*bump*

Just got a copy of Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears album (signed by Bob Daisley) for $15, which is half the price you'd expect in Australia for that album at a regular CD store, unsigned. Awesome.

I'm listening to Mr. Tinkertrain now. :)

Posted by Shin-Ra

^ Good song.

Records:
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Burzum - Filosofem
The Doors - LA Woman
Merle Haggard - The Roots of My Raisin'
Johnny Cash - some best of thing that had the wrong record inside

CD
Gjallarhorn - Nordheim
I Misery Demo
Exhumed - Gore Metal
Exhumed - Garbage Days Re Regurgitated

DVD
Enslaved - Yggdrasill

Posted by Hyper

No new CDs in a long time, but I got an Ernie Ball/Musicman John Petrucci signature model guitar :)

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Hyper: No new CDs in a long time, but I got an Ernie Ball/Musicman John Petrucci signature model guitar :)

Truth. Now you gotta learn how to play it, or i'm going to steal it from you.

Ordered an Ernie Ball Volume Pedal today.

Posted by Hyper

you and james won't ever pass up a single opportunity to do that, will you? :(

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Hyper: you and james won't ever pass up a single opportunity to do that, will you? :(

we have a joint custody agreement.

Posted by Apathetic

Just got Children Of Bodom Hatecrew Deathroll :).
Yay.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Apathetic: Just got Children Of Bodom Hatecrew Deathroll :).
Yay.

My favourite album of theirs is actually Something Wild. I'll leave the whole "downhill" thing for others to say though.

In England, I bought:

Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways (Remastered)
Turisas - Battle Metal

Posted by Hyper

DVD's I've bought so far with Christmas money:

[LIST]
[*]Iron Maiden: Rock in Rio
[*]Rush: Rush in Rio
[/LIST]

Posted by Shade

Symphony X ~ The Odyssey

Finally bought after passing it up for about 2 months. Awesome.

Posted by Richaod

I've just ordered in the 2 CD version of Mabool by Orphaned Land from what is, quote, "your average teenie-bopper music store". Good times.

Posted by chec

well i finally got the album guero by beck yesterday, sorry if it doesn't jive with you metalfags :)

Posted by Hyper

Ugh, do you really think we care, chec?

Anyway, I bought a new Stagg acoustic guitar yesterday and I have two guitar effect pedals in the mail which should arrive tomorrow: Boss MT-2 Distortion and Boss DD-3 Delay, I think.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting chec: well i finally got the album guero by beck yesterday, sorry if it doesn't jive with you metalfags

You're such a fucking idiot. You little rebel, you.

I bought Starless and Bible Black by King Crimson the other day. Very odd, but good album.

Posted by sabre

Was surprised to see Mostly Autumn - Storms Over Still Water in HMV, so I got it. Gonna be my first Mostly Autumn experience, but I know Heather Findlay is a wonderful vocalist, and I believe their keyboardist won an award.

Posted by Klarth

Today there was a record fair in town and I bought Skyclad - A Semblance of Normality for £6. Tasty!

Posted by Shin-Ra

Doesn't count as a haul, but I went to see Nile, Decapitated, and Hypocrisy last night for only $10. Out of all the bands, Hypocrisy was by far the best, which completely surprised me. Nile (especially) and Decapitated were excellent too. The guy from Decapitated was especially happy and (literally) bouncy.

Anyway, I got a "Best of Collective Soul" album, called something like The Seven Year Itch.

I got the Queen Greatest Hits I, II and III last week. Only twenty bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro: I got the Queen Greatest Hits I, II and III last week. Only twenty bucks. Couldn't pass it up.

I only like a four or five Queen songs, but good buy anyway. :D

Quoted post: I only like a four or five Queen songs, but good buy anyway.

that was the same for me. Then again, I never really got to hear many of their songs. Turns out, there's only a couple I mildly dislike. I'm not a big fan of the last disc though. It's all covers. Not that they're bad, but Freddie was an amazing vocalist, so anyone else kinda pales in comparison.

Posted by scylla

Got any new cd's lately? I did. Including papa roach's new album "getting away with murder" & meteora by linkin park

Posted by Klarth

Meteora's a really deep CD. I recommend listening to track 23, "I'm Grounded", first. It's over a minute long, though, so don't get bored.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: Meteora's a really deep CD. I recommend listening to track 23, "I'm Grounded", first. It's over a minute long, though, so don't get bored.

Session all the way.

Just got the single-CD North American version (unfortunately) of Marbles, by Marillion. So far it seems fairly interesting; much more subtle and less Rush than I expected. The four Marbles tracks aren't very interesting though.

Posted by Hyper

Oh, I got the Rush - R30 DVD/CD pack awhile back. Good stuff.

Posted by Stalolin

360 with harddrive and Perfect Dark Zero.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I bought Buckethead's "Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell." It's weird as ****, and I figured out where Meshuggah got their idea from.

Posted by PaintItBlack

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike!

My latest. I resisted the urge to spend more. Both great albums.

Posted by Klarth

Soon I will be receiving:

Vintersorg - Visions From The Spiral Generator
Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye

I've got most of Cosmic Genesis, so I'm expecting to like the Vintersorg, but I've not listened to Kayo Dot yet - It's nice to be surprised.

Posted by sabre

Ordered Mostly Autumn - Passengers.

I think MA have grown on me in a slightly unhealthy way. I've had the SOSW CD for a week, maybe less, and I'm already seeing them live in April and have went to their message board to ask for recommendations of what to buy next - though I do intend to eventually get the entire discography. :/

Posted by Killer Jordo

Big Sugar - Brothers and Sisters are ya ready?

Posted by Fragliche

Today I wasted my money which I work so hard for.

Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Bruce Dickinson - Accident of Birth
Dead Kennedys - Frankenchrist

I regret wasting my money on Nile, unlike Bruce and Deadkeys.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth:
Vintersorg - Visions From The Spiral Generator

I've got most of Cosmic Genesis, so I'm expecting to like the Vintersorg, but I've not listened to Kayo Dot yet - It's nice to be surprised.

You'll love it, guaranteed. It's the only album of his that I've heard (apart from some Borknagar), and it's brilliant.

I just bought On Parole by Motorhead. For some reason it was selling for $5 at the world's most consistently overpriced music store (Sanity).

Posted by Apathetic

Collective soul - 7even year itch A very good purchase I think.

Posted by Hyper

Megadeth - The System Has Failed

and

The Electric Joe Satriani - An Anthology

Posted by Shade

I fixed my iPod toda and celebrated by buying Opeth ~ Blackwater Park on iTunes.

Yellowcard ~ Lights and Sounds
Opeth ~ Ghost Reveries
Porcupine Tree ~ In Absentia

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm spending a lot of money on the wooden Pale Folklore boxset tomorrow. There were only 60 of them made and the stuff that comes with it is just amazing, so this will surely be the most valuable thing I'll have in my growing record collection. It's amazing how much money you save when you completely quit smoking.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/251174739_l.jpg[/IMG]

****it, maybe that's not so affordable :(. Too bad, I'd LOVE to own that.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Here's the specs:

Wooden box edition limited to only 60 hand-numbered (by Agalloch mastermind
John Haughm) copies. The details for the special vinyl edition are as follows:

- Wooden jackets are made of fresh fine pine wood
- 30 Wooden jackets are personally stained with Olde Maple Gloss
- 30 personally stained with traditional Classic Oak Gloss
- The “Pale Folklore” insignia laser-etched in lavish Fette Fraktur font on the
front of the wooden case
- Double LP presented in a limited white vinyl with a wintery-blue splatter (as
opposed to the regular blue vinyl released early November)
- Six original and authentically developed photo prints chosen by John Haughm
himself. Each photo represents a song on the album, is personally labelled, and
is paired up in two’s and presented in different print sizes (5 x 7, 4 x 6, and
4 x 12 panoramic format)

Posted by Klarth

I am sooo amazingly jealous, you bastard. :( Be sure to post pics when it arrives.

In the meantime, I have my sights set on [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Agalloch-From-which-of-this-Oak-DEMO-ulver-opeth-RARE_W0QQitemZ4844303117QQcategoryZ1600QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]this[/url].

Posted by MetalVox~55

Carvin V3 100Watt amp :)
I like it. I like it alot.

[IMG]http://venus.walagata.com/w/metalvox/RackHead.JPG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://venus.walagata.com/w/metalvox/halfstack_rig.JPG[/IMG]

Posted by Shade

Falconer ~ Grime vs. Grandeur

I love it, 'twas good use of my store credit.

Posted by Demonblade

Last two CD's i bought were Shinedown and Seethers new cds. Saw them both in concert in 2003 i think, and i talked to the lead singer of Shinedown for quite some time...he was actually a really cool guy. As for now, who knows how fame and fortune changed him.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Oh, I also ordered:
Ildjarn - Forest Poetry
Deathspell Omega - Kenose

Oh yeah, here's the photos the guy sent me:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/ed2d0ca9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/c0ce4ead.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/92ead081.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/e4337de9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/ebbf3886.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/b3073f71.jpg
It all checks out, so I went on ahead and ordered it. I'll take better pictures when it all comes in.

Posted by Klarth

ohhhhh

I came. :( Can I buy your other Pale Folklore LP? :D

Posted by gamerz

Linkin Park - Meteora
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Both albums burned onto one cd. (thanks to mininova.org for the free music)

Posted by MetalVox~55

ISP Decimator ProRackG Noise Reduction box-of-love :) (shipped today, pics for when it gets here)

Posted by Poco

Just got:

Behemoth~ Demigod
Some Vadar CD, the one with the fist on it!
Nightwish~Century Child
Nightwish~Over the Hills and Far Away
Nightwish~Wishmaster
Blind Guardian~Night at the Opera
Blind Guardian~ Nightfall in Middle-Earth
Symphony X~ The Oddesey

Thank you Sam Goody for going out of business and having a giant sale!

Posted by Hyper

Quoting gamerz: Linkin Park - Meteora
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Both albums burned onto one cd. (thanks to mininova.org for the free music)

doesn't count.

Probot - Probot
Megadeth - Rude Awakening (DVD)

and I'm eyeing a couple more DVDs right now, namely one from Evergrey and one from Pain of Salvation.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Ibanez JEM7VWH. No ****.

Since some douche bag keeps deleting my posts, I'll list it again, from a few days ago.

Nightwish - Once

Posted by Klarth

No deletion; the boards were reset to a three-day-old backup...

Oh. No wonder my avatar's gone...

Posted by sabre

On Saturday... Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways, which I'm really, really loving, and An Evening With John Petrucci And Jordan Rudess, which I've barely listened to.

Phantom: Had you listened to anything off that album before or was it just an impulse? If you hadn't how are you finding it?

Posted by Shade

Devin Townsend ~ Synchestra
Evergrey ~ A Night to Remember
Shaddow Gallery ~ Room V

Surprised to find all of these at Best Buy.

Posted by sabre

Mostly Autumn - The Spirit of Autumn Past. At the concert on [edit: Friday. My bad]. Other musical buys include a Mostly Autumn "On Tour" t-shirt, and a sweatshirt with the MA logo on.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I know I said I'd never buy another In Flames album, but I got Come Clarity anyway. It didn't strike me as good or bad, so I guess it just didn't strike me. Same goes for Devin Townsend's latest effort. I'm not liking 2006 thus far.

2006 has been one of the best years in awhile for me :)

Oh, and I thought Synchestra was a fantastic album.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Vampiro: Oh, and I thought Synchestra was a fantastic album.

+1. What's not to like?

Posted by Shade

Eh, Synchestra's alright. I was expecting a lot better, though. :(

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Shade: Eh, Synchestra's alright. I was expecting a lot better, though. :(

My thoughts exactly.

Two of the three local cd stores have shutdown (both were Sam Goody) and I'm left with only one FYE. It's actually a challenge to buy more popular stuff now, such as Danzig, without driving two hours to Houston or ordering from internet sites. This FYE doesn't help that all too much. To get a feel for how they do orders, I got them to rush the new Katatonia album and I'm still waiting on it. Maybe it's the record label, american distribution problems, or something else, but I'm less than impressed with them.

Oh, hey Vamp, nekro-t-shirts.com has a Leviathan and Judas Iscariot shirts and a Nargaroth backpatch right now. I just ordered all the above, minus the backpatch, I got a Deathspell Omega one instead. Get paypal and order the bootleg ****.

Quoted post: Oh, hey Vamp, nekro-t-shirts.com has a Leviathan and Judas Iscariot shirts and a Nargaroth backpatch right now. I just ordered all the above, minus the backpatch, I got a Deathspell Omega one instead. Get paypal and order the bootleg ****.

****ing awesome. I've been looking for a shirt of both. Thank ye, sir.

Posted by Richaod

Just bought In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed And Cambria. It was only $10, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I was surprised at how short A Favor House Atlantic was though.

Posted by sabre

Bought it a while ago, but Mostly Autumn - Music Inspired By Lord Of The Rings finally arrived today. Five down, one to go.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Ordered from The End Records:
In the Woods - Heart of Ages
In the Woods - A Return To The Isle Of Men
In the Woods - Strange In Stereo
In the Woods - Live At The Caledonien Hall (3CD)

And from the local FYE:
The Sword - Age of Winters
Amorphis - Eclipse

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Richaod: Just bought In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed And Cambria. It was only $10, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I was surprised at how short A Favor House Atlantic was though.

***, apart from 2113, I HATED that CD. Second Stage and Good Apollo were so much better.

Quoted post: Ordered from The End Records:
In the Woods - Heart of Ages
In the Woods - A Return To The Isle Of Men
In the Woods - Strange In Stereo
In the Woods - Live At The Caledonien Hall (3CD)

You lack Omnio. That's probably the best album, in my opinion. Though HoA and SS are pretty fantastic.

Posted by Dreadnought

Hollenthon- Domus Mundi
Hollenthon- With Vilest of Worms to Dwell
Killing Joke- Hosannas from the Basements of Hell
Led Zeppelin- Remasters 1 (just for the comedy value of watching my mother headbang/air-guitar)

Venom- Metal Black (NEEDS MORE MANTAS)

My local music store sucks, so I couldn't find Behemoth's "Demi***", which will be my next purchase.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: You lack Omnio. That's probably the best album, in my opinion. Though HoA and SS are pretty fantastic.

Yeah, The End didn't have it, BUT I did download it a few months ago. I have to agree, it's an excellent album. I would buy it at a reasonable price from a reliable store, but those are hard to find.

Edit: I just got Torture Killer's The Swarm. I think I finally have a reason to love Chris Barnes again. Anyway, forget everything I've said about 2006. New: Old Man's Child, Agalloch (the released song is great), Dragonlord, Torture Killer, The Sword, Amorphis, Katatonia, and Decapitated are great. I can't wait to hear the new Leviathan, Xasthur (hopefully), Drudkh, and Tool, among others of course.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: ***, apart from 2113, I HATED that CD. Second Stage and Good Apollo were so much better.

I loved the title track, maybe I'm just judging it on that. Haven't heard anything before it, including Second Stage though.

If you haven't heard any, I should send you some Mars Volta. I keep thinking about them while listening to C&C.

Posted by Klarth

I hate Mars Volta passionately, sry. :( Listen to "Delirium Trigger", "Neverender" and "Godsend Conspirator" off Second Stage, though.

Posted by Dreadnought

Torture Killer= secks. I especially love the song 'Cannibal Gluttony'.

I ordered some Kadenzza about a week ago. Probably won't arrive until some time next week. But I'm definitely looking forward to finally owning something by them.

Posted by sabre

Porcupine Tree - On The Sunday Of Life
Porcupine Tree - Up The Downstair

Up The Downstair is in **** condition, and I'm thinking of trying to get it replaced. The corner (and it's a digipack) is totally crumpled, which is really irritating. Either way, surprised to find them at all. Now I only need Stupid Dream and I'll have all the albums.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro: I ordered some Kadenzza about a week ago. Probably won't arrive until some time next week. But I'm definitely looking forward to finally owning something by them.

*Him

Quoted post: *Him

Same difference.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Dreadnought: Torture Killer= secks. I especially love the song 'Cannibal Gluttony'.

Hell yes. "Sadistic" is my favorite track off the record, mainly for the lyrics and catchy-ass death metal groove.

Posted by Hyper

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime II. Still haven't given it a complete proper listen, though.

Posted by Shade

Opeth ~ Orchid

Still can't get used to the different vocal style, but the guitars sound f*cking awesome.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I guess you can call this somewhat of a haul:

I'm going to see Collective Soul tonight; Sothis and a bunch of Houston bands next Sunday; Behemoth, Krisiun, and Morbid Angel the day after; and Ministry and the Revolting Cocks the Saturday after that. I also have finals in between the Morbid Angel and Ministry shows, so that's going to be interesting.

Posted by Klarth

Behemoth, hah. Jar's gonna be jealous. **** you for seeing Ministry though. :(

Thinking of picking up Kayo Dot's Dowsing Anenome With Copper Tongue.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I needed to invest my money in some form of music because that Behemoth, Krisiun, Morbid Angel show is sold out. So I ordered these:

Drudkh - Blood in Our Wells
Deathspell Omega/Clandestine Blaze Split
Sapthuran - To The Edge Of Land
Pantheist - Amartia
Thergothon - Stream From the Heavens

Since I don't have an internet connection on my computer, and therefore can't download cds before I buy them, I haven't heard any of these albums before. So hopefully they're good. I also don't know a thing about Funeral Doom, so I thought I'd check out Pantheist and Thergothon (assuming the description I saw was accurate). Regardless, I heard the song "Pride" by Pantheist and thought it to be pretty badass, so I'm pretty optimistic about them.

Oh yeah, Collective Soul was great. Ticket prices were a bit steep ($30, hey I'm a cheap bastard), but their stage performance was entertaining. I have to say though, that is one hell of a "sassy" singer.

Quoted post: I haven't heard any of these albums before.

It's funny because that means I've heard the new Drudkh album before you :)

Quoted post: I also don't know a thing about Funeral Doom, so I thought I'd check out Pantheist and Thergothon (assuming the description I saw was accurate).

Thergothon is pretty much the leading band in FD. So you chose well.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: It's funny because that means I've heard the new Drudkh album before you

Cunt. :(
I've been patiently waiting for that album to be distributed in America for the longest time now. Is it any good?

Quite possibly the best yet.

Oh, and I order John Zorn's Naked City a few days ago.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Pantheist - O Solitude
Until Death Overtakes Me - Symphony III: Monolith
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet
Tool - 10,000 Days
Filter - Title of Record
Oppressor - Agony

Posted by Hyper

Cowon IAudio x5 20GB mp3+vid player

Posted by Shin-Ra

I went and saw Ministry and the Revolting Cocks last night. I must say, if they're playing anywhere near you, GO SEE THEM. For the first half of the show Ministry played a lot of material from the new album, but they went back to the older stuff towards the end. I had to leave about three quarters of the way through Ministry's set because I was getting cotton mouth from the second hand smoke, and I could no longer hear from my right ear (which I still can't) because of the retarded sound crew. Great show though, Revolting Cocks also put on an excellent performance.

Posted by Shade

Bought Opeth ~ ****ation, yesterday. I like Windowpane.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance (much better than Viva Emptiness)
Nocternity - Onyx vinyl ($7.00 on eBay)
Ministry - Rio Grande Blood (listen to the first song, it's GREAT!)
Behemoth - Slaves Shall Serve ep

And I'm probably going to see Vader on June 14th as a belated birthday present to myself. I'm also going to see Bowling For Soup play because I work at the venue they're performing at... joy. I'm going to request the Jimmy Neutron theme song.

Posted by Shin-Ra

More musics!

The local music store had a copy of Ihsahn's The Adversary, so I bought it immediately.

Posted by Hyper

Porcupine Tree - Up The Downstair
Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream

Went on a little PT spree a couple weeks ago and they've all arrived now. I absolutely love Stupid Dream.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Alright, here's another decent sized order.

Xasthur - The Funeral of Being
Shining - IV - The Eerie Cold
Leviathan - Tenth Sublevel of Suicide poster
Sculptured - The Spear Of The Lily Is Aureoled
Amon Amarth - Wrath Of The Norsemen (3DVD)
Empyrium - A Wintersunset...
Empyrium - Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays

Posted by Gollum

Just bought a ticket to go see Necrophagist, Arsis, Alarum, and Ion Dissonance in concert. I really only bought it for Necrophagist, but does anyone know if the other three are any good?

Ion Dissonance is so ****ing amazing live. I mean, their albums are good, but they put on one hell of a brutal show. They play technical metal/hardcore so you know it'll be fun. Oh, and Arsis is also really good. Haven't seem them live, but if their studio recordings have anything to say, you should really enjoy them.

But yeah, that's one great line-up. Should be fun as hell.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Irrelevant: Just bought a ticket to go see Necrophagist, Arsis, Alarum, and Ion Dissonance in concert. I really only bought it for Necrophagist, but does anyone know if the other three are any good?

Don't know of Ion Dissonance. Arsis are absolutely brilliant prog/melodic (albeit much heavier and more Carcass-influenced than usual) death, and Alarum are an Australian jazz-fusion influenced prog band, with some extreme sections.

It sounds really good. Too bad I can't go to Queensryche here. :( **** age limit.

Edit: Just bought Symphony Of Enchanted Lands II by Rhapsody. Music doesn't get more orgasmic than that.

Posted by Klarth

Picked up In Flames - Clayman for £10 today.

Posted by Shade

Bought the Wintersun album and Green Carnation ~ A Blessing in Disguise.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Katatonia - Dance of December Souls
Zyklon - Disintegrate
Emperor - Emperial Live Ceremony dvd (birthday present)
Mutiilation shirt

Posted by Klarth

Just bought In Flames - Lunar Strain.

Also just bought two Rush vinyls - Power Windows and A Farewell To Kings.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I bought the In Memory of Quorthon boxset the other day. Now I just have to wait for delivery. Waiting for music to be delivered is worse than spending the money for the item, I swear.

Posted by Klarth

Mmm, I'm thinking of ordering that too. Is it just a generic "best of", or does it have remastered/unreleased material?

Posted by Hyper

Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Muse - Absolution

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: Mmm, I'm thinking of ordering that too. Is it just a generic "best of", or does it have remastered/unreleased material?

It's a 3 cd set put together by Boss, covering all eras of Quorthon's career, Bathory or his solo material. Also included in the tracklisting is Jenie Tebler's (is that her name?) EP, and the box comes with a poster of Quorthon spitting fire and a massive booklet giving the history of Bathory. I bought this mainly to help complete my collection and have as an "ultimate" compilation of Quorthon's stuff.

If you want unreleased/compilation material, check out the Jubileums.

Posted by ad_man63

It's been about a month now since I've bought any new music (I live an hour away from the closest record store :( ), but the last two CDs I got were:

The Doors - The Best of the Doors
Radiohead - My Iron Lung EP

Looking to buy a LOT of stuff this summer.

Posted by Hyper

Bought 2 Muse tickets for July 22nd.

Posted by Moogs

Define the Great Line-underOATH. FINALLY!! They are going away from ther Emo ways!!! Going back hardcore!!! I must say though Track 8 is sort of Emo.But the rest rocks.

Posted by Apathetic

Dream Theater - Once in a livetime
They didnt have black water park to get as well :(

Posted by Shade

Redemption ~ The Fullness of Time arrived today. Awesome stuff.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I bought:
Tickets to Warped Tour (the only good thing about that was punching the hordes of people who wouldn't get out of my way when I was trying to leave the front area during AFI)
AND
Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead - Great death metal album! Before this, all I'd ever heard was their old stuff, which was extremely bland and just... well... BAD. This, on the other hand, is wonderful. I have to love any cd that starts off with a Planet of the Apes soundclip and has a Hot Shots 2 soundclip on the next song (War, it's fantastic).

Posted by Apathetic

I really was going to get some rap today, but instead
Muse - Absolution
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Ayreon - The Human Equation
And somehow, I dont feel bad about not getting rap today :cool:

Posted by Hyper

^ All excellent purchases, some of my favorites.

Opeth - Lamentations DVD
Gigantour DVD (Preordered)

Posted by Richaod

In the last few weeks or so:

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
Deep Purple - Concerto For Group And Orchestra
Steve Vai - Real Illusions: Reflections
The Butterfly Effect - A Slow Descent

All pretty decent. Singles really should sell for less though.

Posted by Hyper

Took you that long to get Real Illusions: Reflections?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Hyper: Took you that long to get Real Illusions: Reflections?

It took that long for it to get down to $10 (Australian of course).

Posted by Shin-Ra

I went to Sounds of the Underground yesterday and saw GWAR, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, and In Flames (in order of badassery). It was a great show, but it sucks that all their sets were cut so short.

The sets were as follows:

Behemoth - "Antichristian Phenomenon", "As Above, So Below", "Conquer All", "Before the ∆ons Came" (I think), and "Chant For Eschaton 2000" (great song live). I dunno if this is 100% right because Nergal's microphone was turned down a lot, I was really into the show, and Nergal has suuuuch a heavy accent. Still, the first and last songs dominated.

Cannibal Corpse - "Unleashing the Bloodthirsty", "****ed With a Knife", "Devoured by Vermin", "Hammer Smashed Face", "Stripped Raped and Strangled"

In Flames - "Pinball Map", "Trigger", "Cloud Connected", "Take This Life", "Graveland", "Quiet Place", "Leeches", and one more song that I can't remember

Gwar - No idea, but:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/000_0194.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/000_0199.jpg

I also bought a Behemoth tour shirt and patch at the show.

I ordered/bought this stuff seperately:
Burzum - Burzum/Aske Double Gatefold LP (lim. 2000)
Sunn O))) - Flight of the Behemoth
Place of Skulls - The Black is Never Far
Anathema - A Moment in Time (dvd)
My Dying Bride - Songs of Darkness Words of Light on vinyl (lim. 1000)

Hahaha, GWAR puts on the best show known to concert-going man. It must have been a blast.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah, they reeeally should've been headlining that show. I will never, under any circumstances miss a Gwar show from this point forward.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain - Deluxe wood box edition, limited to 500 copies. Contains 3 postcards, special packaging, a cd, and a shirt. All for $32.00.

Esoteric - Subconscious Dissolution Into

Darkthrone - Panzerfaust

Edit: Saturday after, I bought The Gathering - Home at Best Buy.

Posted by Hyper

Muse - Black Holes & Revalations

And a Muse shirt when I went to their concert last weekend.

Posted by Apathetic

Syphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Eric Clapton - 20th Century Masters
In Flames - Come Clarity
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Ayreon - Universal Migrator

Posted by Hyper

2 Gigantour pit tickets and 2 dozen Jazz III Stubby guitar picks.

Posted by Apathetic

2 red hot chili peppers jackets and 1 shirt. Yaw, saw them in oakland :cool:

Concert tickets count, right? Because I got Iron Maiden tickets for October sixteenth. IT SHALL BE GRAND. Even though I was playing to go to the NY show, because it would be cool to meet up with Pit, but I couldn't get anyone to drive that far out with me.

Posted by Hyper

Guess I should mention that I bought Megadeth - Youthanasia last week, as well as Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction the week before.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Veil - Dolor
Tenebrae In Perpetuum - Onori Funebri Rituali
Marblebog - Forestheart
Elysian Blaze - Levitating the Carnal
Urfaust/ Circle of Ouroborus Split
Vargsang - Throne of the Forgotten
Sons of North - Eagle Gaze

Last week - Deicide - Stench of Redemption

Posted by Apathetic

Sublime - Sublime (?)
Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

Quoted post: Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

That's actually a really geat album.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Elysian Blaze - Levitating the Carnal

Amazing album.

Posted by Shade

Bought Nevermore - This ***less Endeavor off of iTunes. Good album.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Nortt - Ligfaerd (picture vinyl) Limited to 500 copies

Such a fantastic album, I'm glad I finally have a chance to own a copy.

Posted by Richaod

For $20 altogether:
The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
John Williams - Star Wars: Episode III Revenge Of The Sith OST (with bonus DVD)

Probably should've bought De-loused in the Comatorium instead of FTM. Oh well. Still good stuff.

Should be buying G3 tickets tonight. :D

Posted by Klarth

Just pre-ordered OSI's re:Free EP.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Todestrieb Records:
Nyktalgia - Nyktalgia
Gheestenland - Volkerenmoord (Comes with a goat bone and blood smeared all over the tape - Limited to 99 copies)
Exorial - Reflektionen Auf Leben Und Tod (Limited to 500 copies, or something like that. The description's confusing)
Hekatomb - [I]Ingl

Quoted post: Gheestenland - Volkerenmoord (Comes with a goat bone and blood smeared all over the tape - Limited to 99 copies)

That's some grim **** right there.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro: That's some grim **** right there.

You know, I'm buying that tape just because it has that **** in there. I don't even care if it's good, because that's just cool. I just hope it doesn't have AIDS because it's not said who or what's blood that is.

Oh, and that order from Todestrieb only cost $58.00 (each individual tape was $6.66 without shipping). Everything I ordered is on cassette, but it's still cheap as hell and some damn fine black metal at that.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Shin-Ra:
Gheestenland - Volkerenmoord (Comes with a goat bone and blood smeared all over the tape - Limited to 99 copies)

Wow I love it. Some bands will send sheet music or bumper stickers with their music. And these guys send a goat bone.

Posted by Klarth

Agalloch's new vinyl release comes with bone fragments and a bag of ashes. :D I'm considering ordering it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: Agalloch's new vinyl release comes with bone fragments and a bag of ashes. I'm considering ordering it.

Where did you hear vinyl? What I have is the pre-order wooden box for the CD that came with 3 post cards, a bag of ash (some came with bone), the cd, a sticker, and a t-shirt. Only 500 were made and they're currently selling on eBay for about $100+ (original cost was $30).
([url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Agalloch-Ashes-Against-The-Grain-WOODEN-BOX-1-500-OOP_W0QQitemZ230033278588QQihZ013QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Example on eBay[/url])
([url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/Pictures%20of%20me/000_0251.jpg]Mine's at the bottom right[/url]

Posted by Apathetic

Cradle Of Filth - From The Cradle To Enslave*
Ima Robot
The Streets - Original Pirate Material
*=First purchase from the black metal section.
Oh yeah, and Ima Robot is like one of my new favorites :cool:

Posted by Dreadnought

I'm on a download binge, so I'll just post tonights directory as a jpeg:

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9627/bingejr1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Not pictured:

Anaal Nathrakh - Eschaton
Eternity - Bringer of the Fall
Antaeus - Blood Libels
Entombed Part II
Zyklon - Disintegrate

Posted by Shade

Falconer ~ Northwind

Not sure what to think about Matthias Blad's return, the other guy was pretty d*mn good. Still a sweet CD.

Posted by Gollum

Bought two drum pedals. Axis-X Longboards. Can't wait till they come in the mail.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Tickets for Celtic Frost last week
A Celtic Frost shirt at the show
Darkspace - I
Darkspace - II

I can't wait for the Paysage D'Hiver 5 disc digipack to come out. I really respect the hell out of that guy's work.

Quoted post: I can't wait for the Paysage D'Hiver 5 disc digipack to come out. I really respect the hell out of that guy's work.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah man, all the previously cassette only demos are being rereleased. :cool:

Posted by Hyper

Tickets to Trans-Siberian Orchestra

and a Tenacious D wristband.

Quoted post: Yeah man, all the previously cassette only demos are being rereleased.

You'll have to hook me up with that if I can't find a decent torrent.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I saw Suicide Girls yesterday and it was AMAZING. My friend has been obsessed with Reagan Suicide for like 3 years now and she was paying him a lot of attention during the show. At the end of the show Nixon got on the mic, pointed at my friend and said that Reagan will trade him her panties for his Burzum shirt. They did and it was awesome. Pathetic, I know, but I'm happy for my friend. I got a lot of attention from some asian chick with a mohawk (it sounds so much better in real life than on here) so that was cool I guess especially since she was the hottest one there, second being Nixon. It sucks I got beer poured all over me and smelled like *** for the rest of the night, but it was nice because I was totally in the front row.

Oh and I saw some hawt bewbs and got some new music:

Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne
Sunn O))) - Black One
Katharsis - VVorldVVithoutEnd

Posted by Hyper

Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part I
Dream Theater - Score 3CD
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Kamelot - One Cold Winter's Night 2DVD

Posted by Richaod

Just got White Pony by Deftones, for only a meager $10. Whoo.

Posted by Dreadnought

Just bought the new Celtic Frost album, Monotheist. So far it kicks an unbelievable amount of ***.

Also saw Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide in HMV. I may ask them to hold it for me till I can buy it, because it differs from the version I got from Vamp.

Edit:

+ The Legion - Revocation
+ Vader - Impressions in Blood
+ Bestial Mockery vs. Unholy Massacre - Night of the Bestial Massacre

Quoted post: Also saw Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide in HMV. I may ask them to hold it for me till I can buy it, because it differs from the version I got from Vamp.

The one you saw was the official release. The one I sent, I think, was the CD-R unreleased version. They're basically completely different.

Posted by CynicalBastard

Recently I (re) bought Borknagar's Empiricism (I previously lost it). Needless to say, it kicks *** (although paying for it twice sucked).

I also got the Arcturus CD set, Aspera Hymns Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel. I already had all the music on it, and just got it because it was selling for $ .99.

In addition I bought Amon Amarth's "With Oden on Our Side," and haven't listened to it yet.

My friend also burned me Ihsahn's "The Adversary" and Arcturus' "Sham Mirrors." He was also going to burn me a sort of 'best of' of Windir, but accidentally put on the wrong songs. Anyways, both The Adversary and Sham Mirrors are quite good.

Posted by Raptor

Hybrid - I Choose Noise
Goth Industrial Club Anthems (3-CD set)

Posted by Klarth

Quoting CynicalBastard: Recently I (re) bought Borknagar's Empiricism (I previously lost it). Needless to say, it kicks *** (although paying for it twice sucked).

I also got the Arcturus CD set, Aspera Hymns Symfonia/Constellation/My Angel. I already had all the music on it, and just got it because it was selling for $ .99.

In addition I bought Amon Amarth's "With Oden on Our Side," and haven't listened to it yet.

My friend also burned me Ihsahn's "The Adversary" and Arcturus' "Sham Mirrors." He was also going to burn me a sort of 'best of' of Windir, but accidentally put on the wrong songs. Anyways, both The Adversary and Sham Mirrors are quite good.

All excellent releases except for the Amon Amarth because I've never heard it. :) Also, while The Sham Mirrors is pretty good, you ought to avoid Sideshow Symphonies - It's really, really week. Vortex can't sing for ****.

Vortex was pretty good in Borknagar :(

Oh, and "With Oden..." is actually pretty **** good. Exactly what you'd expect and want from AA.

Posted by CynicalBastard

I just started listening to "With Oden on Our Side", and you're right, it is a good album. Or at least, the first three tracks are top notch.

On a side note, I heard something about a new Borknagar CD, but it being an acoustic album or something. Is it worth the money or no?

Posted by Hyper

My With Oden copy is messed up, which is unfortunate because I really liked what played correctly. If someone can rip it proper in 320kbps and upload it in the upload thread, I'd <3 them forever :)

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah, it's a **** good release. I'm usually not that into Amon Amarth because the releases sound so damn similar, but this release doesn't really follow that like I thought it would. "Valhall Awaits Me", "Asator" and "Prediction of Warfare" pretty much did it for me.

Posted by CynicalBastard

Sorry, I'm a computer idiot, Hyper, but I would if I could. I think you can find some audio/video clips at their website, however.

Quoted post: On a side note, I heard something about a new Borknagar CD, but it being an acoustic album or something. Is it worth the money or no?

Origin. It's in line with what Manegarm and a few other black metal bands have done this year. It's straight folk and completely clean. If you like classic folk vocals, especially Vintersorg's, then you should love this.

Also, if you like that release, check out Otyg. It's Contemporary Folk (metal) with Vintersorg on vocals, Mattiias on guitars

AND if you like that, check out Storm. It's like Otyg, but with Viking influences. Oh, and it features Fenriz on vocals an Satry on guitars (etc). Check them both out.

Quoted post: My With Oden copy is messed up, which is unfortunate because I really liked what played correctly. If someone can rip it proper in 320kbps and upload it in the upload thread, I'd <3 them forever

You lucky dick. I just do happen to have a perfect 320 copy. I'll upload it tomorrow for you.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You lucky dick. I just do happen to have a perfect 320 copy. I'll upload it tomorrow for you.

I found out after posting about it that I all ready have a good 320 copy. My mistake :( Thanks anyway, though.

Good thing I didn't start uploading it.

Posted by CynicalBastard

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Origin. It's in line with what Manegarm and a few other black metal bands have done this year. It's straight folk and completely clean. If you like classic folk vocals, especially Vintersorg's, then you should love this.

Also, if you like that release, check out Otyg. It's Contemporary Folk (metal) with Vintersorg on vocals, Mattiias on guitars

AND if you like that, check out Storm. It's like Otyg, but with Viking influences. Oh, and it features Fenriz on vocals an Satry on guitars (etc). Check them both out.

I had previously heard of Otyg (and somewhat liked it). I'll check out Storm, however. And the new Borknagar. Thanks.

Posted by Apathetic

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
Dj Tiesto - parade of the athletes
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain

Posted by WackoHater2

The other day I bought the following CDs:

Tim McGraw - Greatest Hits
Rascal Flatts - Me and My Gang

Posted by Shin-Ra

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
Dead Can Dance - Spiritchaser
Vinterriket - Landschaften Ewiger Einsamkeit (ltd. ed. CD in DVD case)

I'm fucking satisfied. Fun note: the first two cds were bought at a grocery store that also carries a Necrophagist cd.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Shin-Ra:
Vinterriket - Landschaften Ewiger Einsamkeit

I lost all my Vinterriket stuff when the DVD I burnt of it stopped working. Where did you download his stuff from?

Quoted post: I lost all my Vinterriket stuff when the DVD I burnt of it stopped working. Where did you download his stuff from?

Torrents and uploads. Though I can hook you up. I've had his stuff for ages.

Posted by WackoHater2

My whole CD collection:

Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Eminem - Encore Disc 1
Eminem - Encore Disc 2
Eminem - Curtain Call: The Hits
Various Artists - 8 Mile Soundtrack
Various Artists - The Shady/Aftermath Sampler
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Tryin'
50 Cent - The Massacre
50 Cent - The New Breed Bonus CD
DaCav5 Sampler
DaCav5 - The Most Popular Group You Never Heard of
City High - City High
Usher - Confessions
Lil' Bow Wow - Beware of Dog
Lil' Bow Wow - Doggy Bag
Various Artists - WWF the Music, Vol. 3
Various Artists - WWF the Music, Vol. 4
Jeff Foxworthy - The Redneck Test
Jeff Foxworthy - Sold Out
Tim McGraw - Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors
Tim McGraw - Greatest Hits
Rascal Flatts - Me and My Gang
Atreyu - Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses
Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
Panic! at the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
H.I.M. (His Infernal Majesty) - Greatest Lovesongs, Vol. 666
Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
Fall Out Boy - Take This to Your Grave
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
John Cena - You Can't See Me
JoJo - JoJo
Evanescence - The Open Door
Slipknot - Slipknot
Slipknot - Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses
2Pac - Greatest Hits Disc 1
2Pac - Greatest Hits Disc 2
Simple Plan - No Pads, No Helmets...Just Balls
Simple Plan - Still Not Getting Any
Trace Adkins - Songs About Me
Limp Bizkit - Results May Vary
Master P - Tru Homies
Ruff Ryders Compilation - Ryde or Die, Vol. II
19 mixed CDs

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Irrelevant: I lost all my Vinterriket stuff when the DVD I burnt of it stopped working. Where did you download his stuff from?

I haven't ever downloaded a Vinterriket album. I buy them from The End Records when they get them. If you're interested, the album's [url=http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/it.A/id.13946/.f]here[/url] and they have a couple more different Vinterriket albums listed towards the bottom.

Posted by CynicalBastard

Borknagar - Origin - Very good, actually.
Finntroll - Nattfodd - Fun to listen to. Quite catchy.
Immortal - Pure Holocaust - Doesn't sound like their more recent ones, but still good.
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina - I had always rather ignored this band; pretty good.
King Krimson - Red - I actually quite enjoy this.

(Panic: no offense, but I don't think I like a single one of those CDs you listed. the reason I say this is that it just struck me how different my musical tastes are, assuming that many of those are somewhat mainstream. Ah well. *goes and listens to "La Masquerade Infernale".*)

Edit: I'm checking out Vinterriket right now (never heard of it). Any other good bands that I probably haven't heard of (remember I'm relatively new to metal)?

Posted by WackoHater2

[QUOTE=CynicalBastard](Panic: no offense, but I don't think I like a single one of those CDs you listed. the reason I say this is that it just struck me how different my musical tastes are, assuming that many of those are somewhat mainstream. Ah well. *goes and listens to "La Masquerade Infernal".*)

I listen to stuff that isn't mainstream, but I only really buy mainstream CDs. On those 19 mixes I have (now 20, I made another today) I have some not so mainstream stuff. Dream Theater, Mercenary, Combichrist, etc. The only place I can really buy CDs that aren't mainstream around here is online, and I don't have a credit card to do so.

Quoted post: Edit: I'm checking out Vinterriket right now (never heard of it). Any other good bands that I probably haven't heard of (remember I'm relatively new to metal)?

I can list at least 700 bands you've never heard of/listened to. I just added you to AIM, so I'll send you some stuff when you get online.

Posted by Apathetic

Dj Tiesto - In Search of Sunrise 5
Eyedea & Abilities - E&A
Good stuff :cool:

Posted by CynicalBastard

Most recent CD - Emperor - Prometheus; The Discipline of Fire and Demise

Had to get it, just to complete my Emperor collection.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I can list at least 700 bands you've never heard of/listened to. I just added you to AIM, so I'll send you some stuff when you get online.

I'll try to get online more.

Two new ones, thanks to Corrupt...

Crotchduster - Big Fat Box of Shit
Air - Moon Safari

Posted by WackoHater2

Carrie Underwood - Some Hearts

Tickets to "Black Xmas" which I'm really only going for Woods of Ypres

Posted by Hyper

Tickets to the Children of Bodom/Amon Amarth/Sanctity/Gojira concert on Wednesday.

Posted by Raptor

Last night:

Trance European Edition: The Vocal Session, obtained at Borders. 2 CD-set featuring the likes of Kyau vs. Albert, Fragma, Paffendorf, Nalin & Kane, Fox Force Five, etc. Can't wait to listen to it.

Metropolis 2006 (Hot Topic). I have the collections from the past three years, and it's only $5.99 for a CD full of good EBM, so I decided to grab it.

Posted by Phantasma2

Dainihon itan geishateki nomiso kaiten zekkyo ongenshu - the Gazette

LONG TITLE IS LONG

Posted by Shin-Ra

Empyrium - A Retrospective... 6 cd (digipack and specially reissued) boxset limited to 500 copies

Includes:

...der wie ein Blitz vom Himmel fiel... (Demo)
A Wintersunset...
Songs of Moors and Misty Fields
Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays
Weiland
A Retrospective... (Compilation)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/Shin-Ra/138500.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Raptor

Since I last posted:

This is Trance! Vol. 4
Clubber's Guide to... Drum & Bass (3 CD)
Solarstone - Destinations/V1 (2 CD)

Posted by WackoHater2

Eminem - Eminem Presents the Re-Up
Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits
Marilyn Manson - Lest We Forget: The Best of Marilyn Manson
Pitbull - El Mariel
Green Day - American Idiot
Korn - See You on the Other Side
Nickelback - All the Right Reasons
Hinder - Extreme Behavior
My Chemical Romance - I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love
Rascal Flatts - Feels Like Today

Posted by Corrupt

Making Orange Things by Venetian Snares & Speedranch
Bedrock Breaks by DJ Hyper
And the one I was the most excited about, Tango N' Vectif (2001 Remastered Edition) by µ-Ziq.

They've all turned out to be fantastic thus far. :D

Posted by Shade

Devin Townsend ~ Accelerated Evolution
Green Carnation ~ The Quiet Offspring
Frameshift ~ An Absence of Empathy
Mercenary ~ The Hours that Remain
Agalloch ~ Ashes Against the Grain

Put my iTunes gift card to good use. :)

Posted by Apathetic

Dragonlord - rapture
Devin Townsend - Physicist
Devin Townsend - Terria
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
The Streets - the hardest way to make an easy living
Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
In Flames - colony
Crossfade - Falling Away
TSOL- TSOL
yummy :)

Posted by Shade

How is Terria?

Posted by Hyper

Amon Amarth - Wrath of the Norsemen DVD
In Flames - Used & Abused(?) DVD
Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny - Came with a pick, tarot cards, and of course the CD. <3

oh, and Guitar Hero II lol

Posted by Corrupt

Tunnel Trance Force America, Vol. 2
Breakbeat Science Exercise 4
Meast by Kid Spatula
and The Best of The Future Sound of London - Teachings from the Electronic Brain

I'm hyped.

Posted by Shade

lol thread revive

Therion ~ Gothic Kabbalah

and it's ****ing amazing so far.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Frightmare - Bring Back the Bloodshed
Ghoul - We Came for the Dead
Lord Gore - The Autophagous Orgy
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain vinyl

And some other random, unmemorable crap like last year's largely forgettable Bolt Thrower release and the new Therion album which I'd gladly sell for five bucks. You know, for the amount of money I've spent on cds, I could have probably gotten my computer fixed and gotten the music for free.

Posted by Hyper

I've gotten a lot lately I don't feel like remembering so I'll just say I got G3 tickets and be done with it.

Quoted post: and the new Therion album which I'd gladly sell for five bucks.

What the ****?

Posted by Shade

srsly

Red Hot Chili Peppers ~ Californication
I'm diggin' it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Watain - Sworn to the Dark (limited to 500 copies - vinyl)
Wyrd - Huldrafolk (with new artwork and pictures - vinyl)
Shat - Cuntree
Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding *
Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone *
Internal Bleeding - Driven to Conquer *

* - With my discount at work I got these for a mere 21 dollars total. Great success!

I'm also going to buy the new Paul Wall when the new UGK album comes out and get that as well. Hey, it's music from this area. Gotta represent PA yo.

Posted by Shade

Lucky. Every band from my area is screamo. Look up "This Emergency" on MySpace. Yeah, they're not even the WORST.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Look up the lyrics to any Port Arthur or Houston area rapper and their description of this area, then think who's lucky. Plus, other than those rappers, we have a lot of popular country singers. On the more local club level we have nothing but hardcore, metalcore, pop-punk, and screamo stuff with the occassional post-rock or real punk band. This is a terrible, terrible place to live in if you're into metal. But hey, at least I've gotten an appreciation for all those other genres excluding the core stuff, it's nothing but a bastardized version of what hardcore used to be and is nowadays closer to rap influenced nu-metal than anything else.

On the bright side, at least Alexisonfire isn't from here.

Posted by Shade

Pretty much every suburban place is horrible to live in if you're in to metal.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Which is weird because it's mostly suburban kids who enjoy metal haha.

Posted by Shade

No, they cling to all music played on 89x.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Are you kidding me? The stereotype of a metalhead is a lazy loser with long hair, living with his parents and hating the world within the confines of his nice little suburban home. Seriously, look it up.

Quoted post: On the bright side, at least Alexisonfire isn't from here.

But they're from here, lol!

Posted by Shade

New Blackfield just arrived in the mail. **** yes.

[quote]Are you kidding me? The stereotype of a metalhead is a lazy loser with long hair, living with his parents and hating the world within the confines of his nice little suburban home. Seriously, look it up.

I must be living in a paradox, then.

It's awesome because I fit the stereotype.

Oh, and my last "haul" was tickets to G3 which was last night. Fun times.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's awesome because I fit the stereotype.

As do I and every other metalhead I've ever known.

Shat's Cuntree album just came in and will be uploaded today. It's hilarious.

Quoted post: As do I and every other metalhead I've ever known.

You lack the hair now. Which I guess is alright, since you took it to the next extreme of being a skinhead.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade32: New Blackfield just arrived in the mail. **** yes.

I must be living in a paradox, then.

How do you like that Blackfield? if you say you like it, I'm going to have to disown you.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice (it's about damn time)
Svartidaudi - The Temple of Deformation demo

Posted by Omni

Quoting Hyper: How do you like that Blackfield? if you say you like it, I'm going to have to disown you.

He wouldn't shut up about it on AIM and he sent me one of the songs. I didn't care for it.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Last albums I bought are:

Evoken - Quietus(EXCELLENT BAND and album!)

Dream Theater - Images & Words

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons

And that about completes my Dream Theater collection

Posted by Raptor

Secret Chiefs 3 - Book M

Just happened to be amongst the slim electronica pickings in a local music shop. The art in the liner notes is glorious.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Circle of Ouroborus - Streams
Enemite - Wuyuan
Hills of Sefiroth - Fly High the Hated Black Flag
Mourning Dawn - Mourning Dawn
Omitir - Old Temple of Depression
Valhom - Desolation
Vrolok - Resurgence: Decent Through the Abyss
Vrolok - Resurgence II: Where the Dying Meet the Dead
Vrolok - Resurgence III: Order of the Sphere
For $47.00 including shipping.

Also:
Elysian Blaze - Beneath Silent Faces
Mgla - Mdłości EP

Quoted post: Vrolok - Resurgence: Decent Through the Abyss
Vrolok - Resurgence II: Where the Dying Meet the Dead

Upload these please. Vrolok's latest release was amazing.

Posted by Shade

Got Redemption ~ "The Origins of Ruin" yesterday. It's great.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yesterday from work:
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
Hypocrisy - Into the Abyss

Just now from eBay:
Paysage d'Hiver - Die Festung
Paysage d'Hiver - Schattengang
Amesoeurs - Ruines Humaines

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Bought the new Dark Tranquillity last night, along with a few other CD's. Definitely a good album.

The Red Army Choir - The Best of the Red Army Choir: The Definitive Collection

I had a few songs for quite awhile that I never really bothered with, then I saw this collection in a store and decided to pick it up. Kinda forgot how ****ing amazing it is.

Posted by Hyper

Yesterday I preordered Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater and Ghost Opera by Kamelot.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Upload these please. Vrolok's latest release was amazing.

Have you heard Soul Amputation yet? If not, i'll upload it.

Also, Shin-Ra: What site(s) do you order CD's from?

Nope. So yeah, upload it please, I'd appreciate it.

And apparently Vrolok is coming out with another album this year. Good news.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Yeah, I just read about it. Supposedly, it was recorded in 2005. And i'll try to get Soul Amputation up tonight, if not sooner.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Grave Wisdom: Also, Shin-Ra: What site(s) do you order CD's from?

Well, I'm the manager at a cd store and get 30% off all music, so the more mainstream stuff comes from there.

My favorite site by far is: http://www.theendrecords.com - great prices and free shipping in the US.

Also try:
http://www.todestrieb.co.uk/distro/
http://www.todeskult.com/start.php?m=mailorder
http://www.redstream.org/

Protip: Always, ALWAYS check with the record label or band directly, especially if the label has an eBay account like [url=http://stores.ebay.com/Rusty-Axe-Records]Rusty Axe Records[/url].

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Thanks, but which place did you order the Vrolok etc. from? Those prices looked awesome.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Rusty Axe Records, that eBay store I linked. Also, the Circle of Ouroborus cd is only 2 dollars if they still have it.

Also, if you're looking for cheap stuff, I highly recommend Todestrieb. Their tapes are like five dollars a piece and many of the bands are high quality.

Quoted post: Also, the Circle of Ouroborus cd is only 2 dollars if they still have it.

Which is so under-priced.

Posted by Shade

Picked up Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet. And dear *** it's so good.

Posted by Omni

Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape [Japanese Import]
Syny Severa - Syny Severa
Syny Severa - Orlinyj Vzor

More stuff arriving by mail. I'm still looking for Sigh's Ghastly Funeral Theatre and Syny Severa's The Death Of White Race.

Posted by Corrupt

I pre-ordered Armin Van Buuren's A State of Trance 2007 about ten minutes ago. I'll also probably follow up by purchasing the new Ferry Corsten and George Acosta albums. I need my summer trance fix. :o

Aside from that, my recent album purchases were (in order) Refried Food by DJ Food, In a Space, Outta Sound by Nightmares on Wax, and Who Still Kill Sound? by Kid 606. Refried Food featured a bunch of remixes by prominent IDM producers such as AFX, Squarepusher, Autechre, and Wagon Christ, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Who Still Kill Sound? was yet another fun, eardrum-blasting noise/rave/breakcore mess, and I wasn't disappointed (though my ears had to recover afterwards). In a Space, Outta Sound, however, was mediocre at best. There were one or two standout jewels in the rough, but really, the rest was just generic house/grime and didn't catch my interest at all. Good thing it only cost seven bucks!

Posted by WackoHater2

Gym Class Heroes - For the Kids
Gym Class Heroes - The Papercut Chronicles
Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel as School Children

Posted by Shin-Ra

Mgla - Presence
AND
Crushing the Holy Trinity 3 LP (vinyl)

I win. I've had such a hard time getting both of those, especially the vinyl set.

Posted by Corrupt

Voodoo-U by Lords of Acid over at the local Music Trader. For five bucks. That's twelve songs, five of which I'm already familiar with and love. :cool: Not to mention the album art is pretty ****ing badical, too.

Posted by WackoHater2

Fergie - The Dutchess. Downloaded it for my girlfriend, but I'll enjoy it as well.

Posted by Shade

IS IT FERGIELICIOUS!?

Posted by Omni

Fergalicious does not equal good.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

On Saturday I bought:

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas used for $6.99

Death - Symbolic for $6.99 used

Medeski, Martin, and Wood(Jazz band) - Shack Man for $7.99 used

and U2 - Joshua Tree(shut up, I like 80's U2!) for $7.99 used, but I got it for free.At my local CD store, you get a free used CD after buying 10 new or used CD's. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. My copy of N.I.L -self-titled is due in tommorow.

Posted by Omni

Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide

The insert is really cool. He thanks a lot of people, including Wrest of Leviathan, and it has this message:

"Fuck off and curses to those who tried getting in my way, you know who you are, it hasn't worked and you're still a loser."

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Omni: Fergalicious does not equal good.

It equals supreme faggotry

np: Queens of the Stone Age- Era Vulgaris

It's a really good album and I am enjoying it very much

Posted by WackoHater2

Naruto Original Soundtrack
Naruto Original Soundtrack II
Naruto Original Soundtrack III
Naruto the Movie: Snow Princess' Book of Ninja Arts Soundtrack
Naruto the Movie 2: The Illusionary Ruins at the Depths of the Earth Soundtrack

Posted by Hyper

Did you buy it all or just download it? Downloads aren't hauls. And that isn't a worthy haul either way!

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Hyper: Did you buy it all or just download it? Downloads aren't hauls. And that isn't a worthy haul either way!

I quit downloading, I purchase now.

Queens of the Stone- Self Titled Album

Another very good album.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Bought 4 CD's tonight:

N.I.L. - N.I.L. for $13.99 new
The Gathering - Nightime Birds for $4.99 used
The Gathering - if_then_else for $4.99 used
The Gathering - Souvenirs for $4.99 used

Oh yeah, and I got one of the $4.99 CD's for free

AND I ordered Twilight's self-titled album, and Esoteric - Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum

Both are due on Friday.

Mmm, esoteric. I actually haven't listened to them for awhile. I should change that.

Posted by Richaod

Dead Letter Circus - Dead Letter Circus

Hour-long EP by an Australian prog-metal band, and it only costs $10 AU by mail-order. Sweet.

Posted by Shade

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Just arrived, and I'm popping it into the stereo right now. It's gonna be epic.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Well... the Twilight album came tonight($14.99 new), but Esoteric's on backorder :(

Also I ordered Xasthur's Subliminal Genocide, and Summoning's Oathbound. Both are due this coming tuesday.

Posted by Omni

Syny Severa - The Death Of White Race

Posted by Shade

Symphony X ~ Paradise Lost

After all the delays on this album, I expect it to be ****ing amazing.

It's nothing fantastic.

Posted by Omni

Sigh - Scenario IV: Dread Dreams (For real this time.)
Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve
Velvet Cacoon - Dextronaut
Peste Noire - Folkfuck Folie
Peste Noire - La Sanie des si

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Never posted my last CD purchases:

Last friday, I got:

Xasthur: Subliminal Genocide( new $13.99)
Summoning - Oath Bound( new $16.99)
At The Gates/Grotesque split CD - Gardens Of Grief/In The Embrace Of Evil($4.99 used)
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast 2006($4.99 used)
Dimmu Borgir - Spiritual Black Dimensions($6.99 used)

The Summoning case was cracked, fuck that! At least I have spare cases I could use.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's nothing fantastic.

Oh, I quite disagree.

Posted by Omni

You would disagree. It was okay, but it wasn't as good as the other albums I heard from them.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, not their best, but still very, very good. I'd put it at second behind The Odyssey.

Quoted post: Oh, I quite disagree.

If you seriously think it's fantastic you have terrible taste in progressive metal.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

He worships every last turd that Dream Theater ever shat out. Doesn't that say enough?

And for the record... I LIKE DT, I just don't worship every single thing they've done, like it's a miracle from above.

Posted by Hyper

We should make another thread specifically for Dream Theater, sticky it like we did before, and watch Shade post in it like you'd watch an ape at the zoo.

edit: big haul. big for me anyway.

Agalloch - The Mantle
Angel Dust - Enlighten the Darkness
Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Eldritch - Portrait of the Abyss Within
Orphaned Land - Mabool

All stuff I'd have purchased by now if sold locally. $61.48. <3 free shipping from the end records

Posted by Hyper

Bought Steve Vai's new CD Sound Theories a couple days ago. Good stuff.

Posted by Apathetic

880 South - Beware

Pre-ordered Deathspell Omega - "Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum" and bought "Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice" and "K

Posted by Hyper

Where did you buy the Peste Noire and Alcest albums? I can't find them.

My buddy owns an album store and I got them through him. Not entirely sure where you can buy them on the internet though, but I think Omni got them on eBay.

Posted by Omni

Try one of the bigger online black metal distros, they're easy to find, and pre-ordering Souvenirs. The new Peste Noire album is probably on eBay right now, but the old one is limited to 2,000 copies, so have fun tracking one down.

EDIT: Actually, there's one on eBay right now, but you gotta hope to outbid everyone else.

Posted by Omni

I Shalt Become - Wanderings

Posted by Grave Wisdom

I forgot to post this earlier. On Sunday, I bought the following:

Esoteric - Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum($14.99 new)

Nile - Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka($6.99 used)

Gwar - War Party ($4.99 used)

Meat Beat Manifesto - Original Fire E.P ($4.99 used)

Danzig - Circle Of Snakes ($6.99 used)

The Danzig I got for free, because I was up to my free CD. Esoteric I had ordered about a month ago, but it was on back-order.

Posted by MuSHRooMKiNG

The last time I bought a CD was when All That Remains released The Fall of Ideals. It's been a while. I also picked up Behind Silence and Solitude while I was there. Cool band.

Posted by Omni

Sigh - Hangman's Hymn: Musikalische Exequien (I got the Japanese import.)

And not CDs:

80GB black iPod video
New headphones (Which are so much better than my old ones.)

Posted by Hyper

Third Eye Blind - A Collection
Ministry - Rio Grande Dub

lol

Posted by Hyper

In Flames - Colony
In Flames - Reroute To Remain

Posted by Omni

Amesoeurs - Ruines Humaines
Xasthur - Suicide In Dark Serenity

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get a copy of Le Secret.

[QUOTE]Pre-ordered Deathspell Omega - "Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum" and bought "Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice" and "K

Posted by Omni

Various Artists - From The Entrails To The Dirt (Digi-CD)

Displeased Records actually has a really good selection of rare material.

Posted by Apathetic

Long Beach Dub All stars - Wonders of the World
Hieroglyphics - Full Circle
Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama

Posted by Hyper

Peste Noire - La Sanie des si

Posted by Omni

Procer Veneficus - Summerhaze Array Box Set (Includes Lunar Transit and Duskworlds)

Hammock - Stranded Under Endless Sky [EP]
Hammock - Kenotic
Hammock - Raising Your Voice... Trying To Stop An Echo

Posted by Hyper

KATATONIA - The Great Cold Distance (ltd. ed. box)

Posted by Omni

V/A - Crushing The Holy Trinity
Deathspell Omega - Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum
Nest - Trail Of The Unwary
Agalloch - The Mantle

Posted by Hyper

ALCEST - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde (digi)
Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony
Various Artists - Gigantour CD

Posted by Omni

Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion

EDIT:
Mika - Relax, Take It Easy
Mika - Grace Kelly
Mika - Love Today
Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

LOL singles

Posted by Hyper

Receiving End Of Sirens : Between The Heart And The Synapse
Children Of Bodom : Are You Dead Yet?
Nevermore : Dreaming Neon Black
Porcupine Tree : In Absentia
Wintersun : Wintersun
Threshold : Dead Reckoning

mmm...$80

Posted by Shade

It took you this long to buy In Absentia? >_>

Posted by Hyper

Considering I have Deadwing, Up The Downstair, The Sky Moves Sideways, Arriving Somewhere, and Stupid Dream... yeah.

Posted by Gollum

Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark shirt

I've been listening to Hammerheart non-stop, though... I can't help but sing along to it.

Posted by Omni

Mournful Congregation - The Monad Of Creation
Vomit Orchestra - Bridges Burnt

I'll upload that Vomit Orchestra album when I get it in the mail.

Posted by Omni

Drudkh - Forgotten Legends
Drudkh - Songs Of Grief And Solitude
Procer Veneficus - The Cold Gloaming
Mournful Congregation - The Dawning Of Mournful Hymns

other people need to buy **** more ****it

Posted by Hyper

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight [greatest hits]
Pink Floyd - Animals
Slayer - South of Heaven

Posted by Klarth

Bought Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos regular edition.

I don't really care for the SE extras.

Posted by Shade

I enjoy watching the DVD.

Posted by Klarth

Already downloaded it.

Posted by Omni

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

Posted by Hyper

Fracture Point - Hatred Set Free EP

Posted by Omni

Cryostasium - Cryostasium
World's End Girlfriend - Hurtbreak Wonderland

The first one was 6 dollars with free shipping and I'm buying it directly from Strep Cunt, which is the guy who recorded it, since the only user who seems to have it on Soulseek decided to ban me as soon as it started downloading and I want to hear it. The second one is just the only time I've actually ever seen a World's End Girlfriend album for sale at a reasonable price, and I want it.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Bought 4 albums yesterday:

Sixouxsie And The Banshees - Twice Upon A Time for $7.99 used

Tangerine Dream - Ricochet for $6.99 used

Venom - Black Metal(2002 reissue with 9 bonus tracks) for $6.99 used

Mogwai - Ten Rapid for $6.99 used

Total came to just under $31 with tax.

Oh yeah, and I placed a preorder on Defective Epitaph.

most of those suck. Except they're all classics in their own right, so awesome haul.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Thanks! And I already wrote reviews for 2 of them, so 2 more left to go.

Posted by Klarth

Bought on Saturday:

ISIS - Oceanic
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy (first-print vinyl)

Posted by Omni

I just wanted to say that I managed to win the auction for a sealed copy of Alcest's Le Secret EP, but I don't want to say how much I spent on it, because it's sorta emabrassing that I'd pay so much for a CD that has 2 songs on it. It's something that I've wanted for a while, so it was totally worth it to me, though.

Posted by Omni

Ulver - Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden

Xasthur - Defective Epitaph

Posted by Hyper

Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage + logo patch (less than $7? why not!)
Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider
Node - Sterilized

Posted by Klarth

[quote]Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage + logo patch (less than $7? why not!)
Because dragonforce is ****ing awful.

Posted by Omni

My copy of Bergtatt was the same price as your DragonForce album. I definitely got a deal.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting netman: Because dragonforce is ****ing awful.

hells yes they are, but still, only $7. :(

Dethklok - The Dethalbum
Xasthur - Deceptive Epitaph

Posted by Klarth

Nine Inch Nails - Capital G 9" vinyl

Posted by Omni

Ca

Posted by Klarth

Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Ulver - Shadows of the Sun

Justice - Cross

Posted by Omni

Weeping Birth - A Paint Of Raven And Rape

Procer Veneficus - Through Ash And Mountains
Procer Veneficus - The Cold Gloaming: Special Edition

Posted by Omni

Ulver - Kveldssanger

Posted by Omni

Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters

Darkspace - Dark Space I
Darkspace - Dark Space II

Melencolia Estatica - Melencolia Estatica

Chaos Moon - Origin Of Apparition
Chaos Moon - Languor Into Echoes, Beyond

Posted by Omni

Vomit Orchestra - Antecrux

The Doors - The Doors
The Doors - Strange Days
The Doors - Waiting For The Sun
The Doors - Morrison Hotel
The Doors - L.A. Woman

Awesome.

Posted by I Want A Sandwich

Just bought the 2 DVD set of the Grateful Dead's New Year's Eve concert for the closing of Winterland in 1979. Video quality is crap, but that's not exactly what I bought it for.

Posted by Hyper

Evergrey - The Inner Circle
Redemption - The Fullness of Time

a couple I've been meaning to buy for ages.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I bought a whole bunch of punk and psychobilly recently, but I can't remember what all it was, so eh.

I just got:
Anuna - Deep Dead Blue
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars (vinyl)
Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve (vinyl)

I had ordered those before I quit my previous job at a cd store and didn't know that they came in until today.

Posted by Panic!

Bullet for My Valentine - The Poison [Deluxe CD/DVD]

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Bought a lot of CD's the past few months, but I finally got my copy of Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life today for $13.99

Posted by Dreadnought

Things I've purchased since visiting VCGCVG last:

Akercocke - 'Antichrist'
Deathspell Omega - 'Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum'
Earth - 'The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull'
Arkhon Infaustus - 'Orthodoxyn'
Lockup - 'Violent Reprisal'
The Legion - 'Revocation'
Nadja - 'Bliss Torn From Emptiness'
Buried Inside - 'Chronoclast: Selected Essays on Time-Reckoning and Auto-Cannibalism '
Circle of Dead Children - 'Zero Comfort Margin'
Nocturno Culto's 'The Misanthrope'
Mayhem - 'Ordo ad Chao'
Altar of Plagues - 'SoL'
Blut Aus Nord - 'Odinist'
Killing Joke - 'Extremities, Dirt, and Various Repressed Emotions'

Can't remember anything else.

Posted by Omni

Paysage d'Hiver - Schattengang
Paysage d'Hiver - Die Festung
Paysage d'Hiver - Paysage d'Hiver

Kroda/Velimor - By a Hammer of Spirit and Identity of Blood

Posted by Gollum

Bump.

Bought a few CDs on ebay. First ones I've bought in about 3 years or so.

Nocturnal Depression - Nostalgia: Fragments of a Broken Past
The Axis of Perdition - Deleted Scenes From the Transition Hospital
Behexen - Rituale Satanum

I would kill to own a copy of Wormphlegm's tape or LP. I want those badly.

Posted by Panic!

I just got Paramore's All We Know is Falling album in the mail today.

Posted by Apathetic

The Offspring - Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia
Blink 182 - Enema of the State - Take off your pants and jacket
Daft Punk - Alive 2007
:)

My buddy gave me his copy of Sleeping Village's Mourning Persists. I was quite pleased to get a hold of it.

Posted by Panic!

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

Just got it in the mail from Amazon.[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/boogie.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Shade

Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Primordial - A Journey's End
Primordial - Dark Romanticism... Sorrows Bitter Harvest...

Guy was about to sell these to FYE, so I stopped him and offered him five bux each and the deal was done. Good day.

Posted by Panic!

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Posted by Omni

Nazxul - Iconoclast
Slayer - Reign in Blood

The Slayer CD is an original, which makes it older than me.

Posted by recsin

Xasthur - Deceptive Epitaph
Dethklok - The Dethalbum

Posted by Omni

Iconoclast is actually fairly disappointing. It's far too modern and slick for my liking. It totally lacks the feeling of Nazxul's older music, and the vocals are typical modern religious black metal style instead of those cool occult vocals in the old stuff.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Ok, so that means I have to download their other albums then? Because I got Iconoclast and thought it was pretty mediocre. I'm also slow to warm up to most of the more symphonic, well produced black metal bands though.

Posted by Omni

The first album and EP aren't so keyboard dominated and had a definite guitar focus. I wouldn't call them symphonic. Think old Abigor and Lunar Aurora. The vocals are also ridiculously awesome.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Velvet Cacoon - Atropine

I didn't think it'd be coming out anytime soon or that it'd be a dark ambient release. VC is full of surprises I suppose.

Posted by Omni

Sun of the Blind - Skullreader

Posted by Panic!

Got Slipknot's self-titled 10th anniversary edition album about a month ago and Fiona Apple's Tidal maybe 2 weeks ago.

Posted by Richaod

Found Prince's [url=http://www.simonandschuster.com/specials/prince-21-nights/]21 Nights[/url] book/live album discounted for $13 AU...

Ridiculously cheap, and possibly the second-most pretentious coffee table book of all time - half of it is just him sitting in his hotel room with hot twin room service chicks, but you gotta love it.

Posted by Omni

Slayer - Show No Mercy
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Slayer - South of Heaven

Now I just need Haunting the Chapel in order to own all the good Slayer releases.

Posted by Panic!

Atreyu - Congregation of the Damned
Foo Fighters - Greatest Hits

Posted by Omni

I also wanted to get the box set of the Dio Sabbath albums, The Rules of Hell, but I ultimately decided that I spent too much money today already.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I got the newest Koffin Kats cd, which I'm not too crazy about. I also grabbed the new Agalloch dvd last week and haven't watched it yet because of Modern Warfare 2. Other than that, I haven't bought anything in a few weeks, when I got Gza's Liquid Swords, Tom Wait's Rain Dogs, and NoFx's Coaster - all of which I already knew I liked.