Should I get an Xbox 360?

Posted by fish2222

Ok guys, I am new here, as you can probably tell. I have a PS, a PS2, a GC, and an XBox. I dont really play any of them right now (have a 2 year old son), but want to see what everyone think. I know the 360 games are like $50 a piece, and I can get just about any title for the other 3 platforms for $10 or less from half.com or gamestop. I am a racing game fan, but I like the Resident Evil type games too (if I have time to play them). I just got a new live subscription (my old one ran out last year and they wouldnt let me have my old tag back!!!) and have started to play PGR2 again. I am working on getting a free 360 (or at least it costs a $1 if you do it right) and am wondering if I should even bother. And for those of you that think I cant get one for a $1, you are wrong. I got my original XBox from the same company over 2 years ago, though it cost me about $90 the way they did it then. What do you guys think? I hate having to buy the $50 games even if I do get the console basically free. I did buy a new HD 47" TV for Christmas though, and if I saw it playing there, I might change my mind. I know the original Xbox looks good on it, even without HD support on some of the games. Oh well, enough of my rant. Feedback? Oh, and if you want to see the details on the free 360, look at my sig. I still need 6 more guys to sign up! Thanks guys!

Posted by Axis

Well you say you like Racing games and games like Resident Evil. Right now you can get Project Gotham Racing 3 which is an awesome racing game or NFS if you're an EA guy. Microsoft also has the Forza franchise which many say is better than the Grand Turismo series. As for the Resident Evil type games, I think that you would like Condemned: Criminal Origins alot, I have the game and highly enjoyed it. Also, Xbox 360 will be getting Resident Evil 5. I say go for it.

Posted by fish2222

Thanks for the info. I have been debating about getting Forza for the original Xbox, but it hasnt been cheap enough yet. I think another problem I have is the difference in controllers. I have had PS's forever, but the Xbox and GC controllers throw me off. I just bought an adapter though for the Xbox so I can use my PS controller with it, and that has helped a ton. I think if I can get it set up so I can use the same controllers across all 3 platforms (360 will probably be different too I am guessing) I will probably enjoy it more...

Posted by Random

I think you should. I'm not telling you what to do but i'm very satisfied with mine and I haven't even tasted games that have yet to come out. So many promising titles in the future not to mention in time you'll be able to play all your Xbox games on the 360. It's a great upgrade =D

If you plan on having your son play games then I'd keep the GC. It has a lot of Family type games that your son i'm sure would enjoy. When I have kids in a few years I plan on growing them up on Nintendo and later on move them onto violence but less violence for them at first. Break them in gradually.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting fish2222: I just bought an adapter though for the Xbox so I can use my PS controller with it, and that has helped a ton.

Did you buy it a long time ago? Because I need one for Street Fighter Anniversary Collection and can only find it at obscure sites. But to answer your query, you seem to be concerned with the price of games and systems, so I suggest waiting for the PS3 or Nintendo Revolution to come out before making a choice. PS3 will have Resident Evil 5, Gran Turismo 5, and the equal support from EA, so I suggest waiting for all three systems to be available. However, if you're getting them all anyway then by all means get a 360. It has taken over my living room.

Posted by fish2222

Quoting Big Boss]