Romantic?

Posted by KoH

Are you a romantic, yay, nay, or pervert?

Honestly... I am one, yes. :(

Posted by mis0

Despite my caustic behaviour, in a real relationship, I genuinely am, very romantic. I've only experienced one such relationship, though, out of several different dates. Currently the person I'm looking to date has been the object of my admiration for the three years it's been my pleasure to be near. I'm likely going to ask them out around Valentines Day.

It's a mild torment at the same time, though. I'm a bit shy as I don't want to come on to strong, but I know there is at least something more than our casual friendship. Everytime our eyes meet, we send that unspoken message: "I know how you feel; and I feel the same way." What doesn't lie is the how, what should be done; what might be done.

It's a combination of, I'd say, shyness on both our behalfs despite two very bold personalities, and a degree of sexual tension. I think these will come to pass, as even our chance run-ins lead closer to what I think will be a strong embrace of one another.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Despite my caustic behaviour, in a real relationship, I genuinely am, very romantic.

Just switch caustic with something else more fitting and you got my answer.

Posted by mis0

[quote=Vampiro]Despite my INANE AND ANNOYING behaviour, in a real relationship, I genuinely am, very romantic.
Thank me later, m'dear.

k thx

Posted by The Judge

Despite any outward images I might give of being cold, distant, or brooding, I am, unfortunately, a rather helpless romantic, and the fact that I am that way genuinely upsets me. I had gone my entire life "training myself" in a sense not to be a romantic person, but recently that was destroyed, and now I'm simply attempting to work my way back up there.
That's right, ladies and gentlemen, you have the confessions of a man who is not a priest but is non-sexual. Despite my body wanting it, I, myself, do not.

Posted by Cronoan

In contrast, I'm not a hopeless romantic, even though I generally act like I am. I can be romantic, I mean I like roses and long walks on the beach as much as the next chick, but I am not the star-crossed lover type. I'm too practical for it I guess. I have yet to decide whether that's lame or not. :(

Posted by Xenos

Don't believe in true love--so I don't bother, generally.

Quoted post: Don't believe in true love--so I don't bother, generally.

What does true love have to do with being romantic?

Posted by MetalVox~55

i've done the full spectrum from full-blown romantic to full-blown *******.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Vampiro: What does true love have to do with being romantic?

I don't bother commiting myself with it at all to begin with? :dunno: So I don't bother flirting, or enjoy doing the stereotypical things?

Posted by Ant

Romantic, yeah I can be.

Quoted post: I don't bother commiting myself with it at all to begin with? So I don't bother flirting, or enjoy doing the stereotypical things?

But I mean, you can be romantic without being "truly" in-love. Or even believe in that sort of thing. You also don't have to be romantic if you're with your "soul-mate".

Plus, flirting isn't really being romantic...

Posted by Linko_16

I know what I want in a relationship, and the majority of it is not sex.

Call that what you will.

Posted by Fate

Even if a relationship doesn't last forever, love is a good thing.

I think I'm more of a romancer than anything else.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

I'll say I am romantic. Well, I am not a pervert.

Posted by Klarth

I'm a perverse romantic. So sue me.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

funny.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Vampiro: But I mean, you can be romantic without being "truly" in-love. Or even believe in that sort of thing. You also don't have to be romantic if you're with your "soul-mate".

Plus, flirting isn't really being romantic...

Each to their own, I can be, but I just don't want to because I feel as if most "relationships" aren't worth the effort anymore, and erm, being "romantic" to be takes a deal of effort. :p I don't know, I am eccentric. That's probably why the last [and literally the last] issue didn't work out for me, probably.

Quoted post: being "romantic" to be takes a deal of effort.

Good point.

Posted by Xenos

Sarcasm?

No. I meant it.

Posted by KoH

So sex? How much of you guys are up for some of that? :)

Posted by Zeta

A little of romantic.
A lot of pervert.

I have an urge to type 'panty raid' now.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I like the sex.

Posted by Dexter

I am moderately romantic. I suppose I would be far more romantic if I was placed within the proper situation. I could easily become more romantic if certain individuals, locations, auras, or other means pulls it out from within me. The way I occasionally speak can spark romanticism. I am known for speaking passionately about certain subjects or deeply about the way I feel about something, which sometimes amazes people and brings them to the state of holding their breaths. Decent communication is romantic.

Posted by Raptor

When the full moon is shining brightly, and the rain is washing the uninspiring grime of daytime dullness away, and Dr. Bertrum has loaned me her mallet for pounding a plate of gold into a wire stretching 40 kilometres long, paving a golden path for the stick figure angels wearing shoplifted teacozies and playing air harp and repeatedly thrusting fence posts into the soft, wet Mother Earth as if they're poking into a can of olive juice with a toothpick, trying to feel for the last plump, luscious olive, the delicious fruit of their labour soaked in rich, potent olive juice. Oh my god, mmmm.

I guess you could say I am romantic in moderation!

Quoted post: When the full moon

I stopped reading at that part.

Posted by Fate

Lose. I stopped reading at the username.

Touché

Posted by mis0

It's almost like he's a bot. He just repeats the same rubbish over and over, but in a different order each time. Really deep and original, Raptor. RRY!

Posted by The Judge

At least he's not following old habits. [spoiler]keep your filthy paws off my blog[/spoiler]

Posted by mis0

Just what is that supposed to mean, Mr. Judge?

Posted by Raptor

Champagne has been known to stir up a little romance in me as well, but only if it's Cristal. Everything else is just piss!

Posted by LinkTetra

Totally. Then again, I'm a girl, so maybe it comes with the gender. :P

Posted by Shade

I'm not really sure what "being a romantic" is. Is it the moonlit walks on the beach following a romantic dinner at a fancy restaraunt, or simply enjoying the company of the other sex in a 'more-than-just-friends' way?

I'm thinking it's the first one. So no, I'm not. :)

Posted by Fragliche

I'm romantic when I want to be, which is sure as hell rarely. So I just barely fit in that category.

Posted by KoH

To be romantic is to be able to charm and basically 'seduce' someone you love into loving you back. That or just entisfying the love you two already share.

Dictionary.com says...! " Displaying, expressive of, or conducive to love." So sure, if long walks on the beach'll intensify or spur a love relationship, then sure. Seems cheesy and generic to me, but to each his own.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, I certainly don't believe in "true love" or "soulmates" or any of that. I think that two people find each other, help each other out, sacrifice a bit, and make each other happy, most of the time. I don't think there is anything divine or supernatural about it. The ideas of "true love" and "soulmates" work great for selling the new Hugh Grant movie, but the truth of the matter is blindly following love usually results in suffering. You've got to still be rational and reasonable when pursuing a relationship. You've got to ask, "what do I get out of this, and what does s/he get out of this? Is it worth the effort?"

There are many instances when our emotions sway us to do something, and usually, it's a bad idea to go with it. The crack addict is mentally addicted to the cocaine hydrochloride, and the chemicals in that person's brain are also in the brain of anyone who is head-over-heels in love. They're at different levels, sparking different feelings, but either way, following the unbalanced chemicals isn't usually a good idea.

You could argue that love isn't chemical induced like cocaine is. But it is. Love isn't chemicals that you put into your brain, but it's the ones that are already there, just going nuts. You can even become mentally dependant upon another human, just like a drug.

However, I am a romantic, of sorts. I do believe that most people can have a happy, working relationship, if they apply themselves. I strive to make my relationship work everyday, in a practical sense. Not by saying "I love you" or wasting money on flowers and candy. But I do it by showing that I care. I do it by being there for her as often as I can. I do it by doing the dishes and putting them away afterward, because I know how she hates to come home and see a counter full of dishes. You know, things like that. It makes her happy. And I like to see her happy. She does similar things for me that make me happy, so I guess I am a romantic in that sense.

Posted by Speedfreak

And you can't be both...why?

Posted by KoH

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you, Adaaaam, that's you. 8-)

Just assume you can be both with the answer of "Romantic." Why? Because there's not a single heterosexual male without a slight pervert in himself.

Posted by Ch

I consider myself a very great romantic guy. Not cheesy romantic though. I have my own style ;)

Posted by Fei-on Castor

When I see a pretty girl that I want to approach and maybe ask out on a date, I usually go with the old line:

"Did it hurt?"
"What?"
"When you were anally raped by, like, 30 guys, you f*cking whore."

And that almost always works.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I am, and I hate every second of it. Though I tend to do a rather good job of covering up all traces of being a nice guy in real life.:cool:

Quoting Raptor: When the full moon is shining YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF YIFF

Translated for the sane.

Quoting Xenos: Each to their own, I can be, but I just don't want to because I feel as if most "relationships" aren't worth the effort anymore, and erm, being "romantic" to be takes a deal of effort. :p I don't know, I am eccentric. That's probably why the last [and literally the last] issue didn't work out for me, probably.

Not to be rude, but arent you like, 15? RElationships shouldnt be too high a priority for someone that age anyway... and besides, everything looks different in hindsight. The way you feel now is likely to be different from how you feel in the future.

Posted by Chronic

Im a pervert, but I mean Im a teenager arent I supposed to be?

Posted by Linko_16

Hardly an excuse.

Posted by Azusa

Hopelessly romantic. To the point where it became a detriment while I was still dating. No one ever seemed to meet my unreasonably high expectations, before my fiance. He's worse than I am, actually. It never fails to keep me intrigued.

Speaking of which, he gave me a two month early birthday present last weekend that I thought was incredibly romantic. My fiance bought me a cluster of stars from the Star Registry, and named them after characters from my stories that he knew were representations of me; because he knew how much I enjoy both astronomy and writing. It made my mom cry when she found out. I can't wait to see what he does for my actual birthday. :p

Posted by Ant

That's funny.

Quoting Azusa: Hopelessly romantic. To the point where it became a detriment while I was still dating. No one ever seemed to meet my unreasonably high expectations, before my fiance. He's worse than I am, actually. It never fails to keep me intrigued.

Speaking of which, he gave me a two month early birthday present last weekend that I thought was incredibly romantic. My fiance bought me a cluster of stars from the Star Registry, and named them after characters from my stories that he knew were representations of me; because he knew how much I enjoy both astronomy and writing. It made my mom cry when she found out. I can't wait to see what he does for my actual birthday. :p

Obviously. How long have you been dating him?

Posted by Azusa

Long enough.

It's one of those things that you would have to be involved with to fully understand. All VGC knows is that horrid LoS mess.
From that perspective, it seems like a ludicrously short time to have gotten engaged. But to our close friends and family members, it makes perfect sense. Meh.

Posted by Xenos

[spoiler]$[/spoiler]

Aww, how sweet. :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

kekeke

Though officially it isnt anymore than early december. Unless, of course, she'd like to openly admit to cheating on me. :cookie:

Posted by Fate

Holy hell, that's funny.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I would say that I am romantic, in a sense. I wouldn't date girls because of the sex, but more because of affection. Though probably I wouldn't go on fancy dinners and drink wine under the moon, or whatever the hell is considered romantic. I just prefer walks in the park, watching a movie at home and stuff like that.

I guess that sums it up?

Quoting Vampiro: I stopped reading at that part.

Same.

Quoting Fate: Holy hell, that's funny.

Yup, it is. Heh.

Posted by Kamek

What the hell kind of poll is this? Sex all the way? wtf..

Anyway, I'd consider myself a romantic person upon examination. I've done a lot for the girl I love, little things big things, hopping the E train after a day in the city with a friend I grew up with and on the spur of the moment deciding to hop the train to her house walk in the pouring rain just to drop a flower on her lawn so her parents wouldn't be too suspicious and call her at 2AM and know that the enxt morning I'd be in so much trouble wow this is a huge run-on sentence.

One bit of advice I have though...Never go rubbing what you did in someones face, whether it's with little romantic things or with favors...(Remember I did so and so for you). I dunno, I don't think it's cool at all.

Posted by Pit

Romance? Why, I'm only 17. I don't need that bull in my life, it's not like I'm gonna get married.

Sex? Yes, because it happens on a regular basis and it's something that isn't stressful to continue on doing!

Posted by santaclausdude

Yeah, i'd say i was pretty romantic.. but also shy

Posted by Pepper

It doesn't seem like an effort if you care about the person you are being romantic to.

Posted by The Judge

You obviously don't know how much maintenance women require. ;)

Posted by Draxamus

Tetsuo) I say F that ho, Azusa.

Anyway, I guess I'm really a romantic! <3

Posted by Lord of Spam

drax) ITS LoS NOW. CMON MAN. But yeah, thats my view.

judge) and you would?

zing!

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Lord of Spam: judge) and you would?

That was mean. Of course I do. Just because I've never had sex doesn't mean I've never had relationships.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'm no romantic, nor a pervert. I'm in a perfect limbo between states, where I will regularly go back and forth on each and slowly make all the women in my life realize I'm nothing that they're looking for. That, or they'll find I'm simply irresistible, and they live only to serve me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting The Judge: That was mean. Of course I do. Just because I've never had sex doesn't mean I've never had relationships.

joke get

I wasnt serious, it was just a good zing that you left yourseld open to. So dont worry be happy:D

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]Romantic most of the time.
Trying not to be a perv.Trying.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Trying not to be a perv.Trying.

Impossible. It's part of being a male. Embrace it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The goal is to disguise it so that it seems romantic.

May I suggest speaking in french? No matter what you say, moronic american girls think that it sounds pretty.:cool:

Or get an English accent. Either way.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Nah, if you're speaking a language they understand, you have to at least make it witty. I've told girls who found out I know a little french (it always prompts a "oh! say something in french! Its so pretty!") that if they didnt swallow my dong I would kill them. Their response?

"SO PRETTY!"

Morons.

You make a good point. However, you can still get away with quite a bit if you have a really thick accent.

Posted by Lord of Spam

A second language has more uses, and thus is better. PLUS, if you really speak french well, you would be able to throw a french accent onto your english and pass yourself off as French.

I'm not saying an English accent is better, not at all. But it's simpler to master, and that's what really matters.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It maybe easier to pull off, but if you **** it up, you look like a total douchebag, whereas with a foreign langauge, even if you really **** it up the chances are that nobody notices.

Then don't be stupid enough to **** it up.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Another language leaves more room for error is all I'm saying>:0

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting Lord of Spam: Nah, if you're speaking a language they understand, you have to at least make it witty. I've told girls who found out I know a little french (it always prompts a "oh! say something in french! Its so pretty!") that if they didnt swallow my dong I would kill them. Their response?

"SO PRETTY!"

Morons.

Yeah, unless they're like me, and took four years of it. Regardless, I can now mostly only read French (that's when the memory floods back); writing and speaking in it is a completely different matter. Though I do believe that I would pick up on a few words of that sentence, anyway ;)

I'm.. well, I don't know what I am. I haven't really had a major relationship yet, so I haven't had the opportunity to be truly "romantic"; however, I will say that I won't allow the guy to pay unless he physically forces the person at the desk to take his money instead of mine. It just feels wrong to let the guy waste his money on something that's trivial and could better be spent on something like rent or a cell phone bill. :-\

Apart from the money bit, I'd predict that I'm mostly romantic.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Aesthetic]I won't allow the guy to pay unless he physically forces the person at the desk to take his money instead of mine. It just feels wrong to let the guy waste his money on something that's trivial and could better be spent on something like rent or a cell phone bill.
I always feel a little uncomfortable with the guy paying for things when it comes to me; I would always prefer to pay for myself and allow him to spend his money on other things instead. I'm with you on that one, Aesthetic.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'm a starved romantic

Quoted post: I won't allow the guy to pay unless he physically forces the person at the desk to take his money instead of mine. It just feels wrong to let the guy waste his money on something that's trivial and could better be spent on something like rent or a cell phone bill.

I've dated someone like that before. It turns out they're just saying that. She still wanted me to pay for everything, and if I didn't I'd eventually hear about it =/

That seems to be the case for a lot of things.

Posted by Lord of Spam

My love for Trigger and Aesthetic jsut doubled.

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting Vampiro: I've dated someone like that before. It turns out they're just saying that. She still wanted me to pay for everything, and if I didn't I'd eventually hear about it =/

That seems to be the case for a lot of things.

Are you calling me a liar? :mad: Honestly, I'm like that. Ask my ex, he'd tell you. I just don't like it when the guy pays.

Not you personally, just the majority of women.

Posted by Dexter

Indeed. There are many girls who prefer to pay for themselves these days. This took me sometime to grow accustomed to with a particular friend back a few years ago. She wasn't even my girlfriend, but I still felt conditioned to pay for her whenever we went places together. I have no problem paying for girls and they are usually comfortable with the idea.

I've learned a few secrets in regard to this during the last year that I feel the boys here outta know. I figured that I would buy a gift card for a restaurant that I had future plans to go to with someone so that before we even go, I simply bring up the fact that I do have a gift card for this place and that I was looking for an opportunity to use it before it expired. That means that we don't have to discuss where to eat or who's going to pay. We can get right to it. She wouldn't want the card to go to waste, would she? You can keep this up for a few dinners, but after awhile she's going to truly question where all those gift cards are coming from. What you need to do here is already have her conditioned not to pay or possibly not even think about paying. You don't want her to feel bad for not paying but you also don't want her to pay. You must eradicate the worry of costs altogether. Trust me, guys, you want to be the one paying. I don't want to and can't reveal why because there are ladies here and we need to keep some secrets to ourselves and I have to get myself to Target before nightfalls upon me.

Dexter > Frank T.J. Mackey > Dr. Phil

Posted by Aesthetic

Haha, that was a nice one. So slick, you are. You're not supposed to be this good at understanding girls, Dexter; stop it. But if the girl eventually caught on, and if she was as uncomfortable having guys pay for dinners as some girls are, she'd find a way to pay the guy back. Somehow, there is always a way.

I'd get more into detail, but if guys are allowed to keep secrets, so can girls. ;)

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Aesthetic]You're not supposed to be this good at understanding girls, Dexter:

Blame my 7 expressively driven sisters and the absence of my own emotional repression.

Quoting Aesthetic: [color=lemonchiffon]But if the girl eventually caught on, and if she was as uncomfortable having guys pay for dinners as some girls are, she'd find a way to pay the guy back. Somehow, there is always a way.

Once you've actually started the relationship and are not newbie daters, paying each other back becomes a bad idea. If I was in a serious relationship and my girlfriend approached me with cash in her paws and told me "Yeah, I owe you this for our first couple dates," I would probably laugh uproariously and tell her to get back in the kitchen. I don't think I could take her seriously because I don't know any girl who would be that extreme. You don't pay back your boyfriends for some dinners you had on your first date, even if you did find out he was secretly buying his own gift cards to help you fret about costs less. Think about how much more you'd be in love with him if you learned he was doing such things for you? That is so sweet. Manly manipulations are so romantic.

Quoted post: and tell her to get back in the kitchen

Just so the easily offended New York girls who don't realize when I'm playing know, I am only playing.

Posted by Ant

That was really...really...funny.

But in any case, it's all just customs. If you don't feel you want too, and if you're partner donesn't want you to pay for them...it only means that you probably are more meant for each other. Dance the dance of life!

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Dexter]Once you've actually started the relationship and are not newbie daters, paying each other back becomes a bad idea. If I was in a serious relationship and my girlfriend approached me with cash in her paws and told me "Yeah, I owe you this for our first couple dates," I would probably laugh uproariously and tell her to get back in the kitchen.

Oh, you're implying that we would make it obvious. No, see, if the guy went to that much of an extreme to cover up the fact that he had thought it out well in advance, the girl would do the same. We wouldn't come right out and say, "So here's the $10 for the movies last Saturday, and this is the $30 for dinner we had a while back; this...," etc. Girls can be manipulative, too.

[quote=Dexter]I don't think I could take her seriously because I don't know any girl who would be that extreme. You don't pay back your boyfriends for some dinners you had on your first date, even if you did find out he was secretly buying his own gift cards to help you fret about costs less.

Is it such a bad thing that some girls want to treat their guys the same as they're brought up to treat girls? Most guys only pay for their girlfriends because that's what they were always told to do - it was just being polite and courteous. I haven't met many who actually do it because they prefer to; even so, I still think that girls have just as much of a reason to pay for the guy as he does for her.

[quote=Dexter]Think about how much more you'd be in love with him if you learned he was doing such things for you? That is so sweet. Manly manipulations are so romantic.

I don't know if that could affect my actual love for him. Adoration, yes; respect, of course; but if I loved the guy, it would be because of the many facets of his personality - how romantic he is would just be a bonus (a very sweet one at that).

Posted by Fate

I don't mind when the guy pays, so long as he knows that I could pay for it myself sometimes.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Aesthetic: Girls can be manipulative, too.

I'm well aware of that fact:(

I really dont mind paying for dates and what not every now and then. I enjoy doing things for the girl I care about.:cool2:

Quoted post: Girls can be manipulative, too.

No kidding. I think that goes without saying.

Quoted post:
I really dont mind paying for dates and what not every now and then. I enjoy doing things for the girl I care about.

True, but it's annoying when they say they'll pay, or they want to, then make no effort or just complain about it later. That's not cool :(

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Aesthetic]Oh, you're implying that we would make it obvious. No, see, if the guy went to that much of an extreme to cover up the fact that he had thought it out well in advance, the girl would do the same. We wouldn't come right out and say, "So here's the $10 for the movies last Saturday, and this is the $30 for dinner we had a while back:

Girls can most certainly be manipulative in highly effective, proficient, and intriguing ways, but I'm not sure how easily they could slip past me. I've had years of experience dealing with girls and I can easily notice what their motives are, especially when I care about them and scrutinize them intimately. Also, I've noticed that it is difficult for girls to keep such secrets. If the lady was to learn of her boy's clever gift card performances, I'm sure she would have a difficult time keeping it to herself and would rush to her boy, hug him, and tell him how much he means to her, then proceed to explain how she came upon the information. Then again, I suppose it depends on the girl. I can't imagine the girl ever finding out about my little manipulation secrets unless she frequented VGC where they are shared and discussed. It would be exceptionally romantic if the couple were both manipulating each other in a game of paying for their activities in any way possible.

Quoting Aesthetic][color=lemonchiffon]Is it such a bad thing that some girls want to treat their guys the same as they're brought up to treat girls? Most guys only pay for their girlfriends because that's what they were always told to do - it was just being polite and courteous. I haven't met many who actually do it because they prefer to:

Let's pretend for a moment that we were dating. I approached, told you the characteristics you possess that I fancy, such as your compassion and vitality, and have asked you out for dinner next Friday night. You, of course, accept my invitation and come Friday I am taking you out to dinner. Dexter and Sammy are out on a date, looking forward to an informative, stimulating conversation. Now, you might expect something simple like Apple Bees or Sizzler or some generic place like that, but I, being the Dexterous guy I am, have a different idea of where to eat. Rarely do I take girls out to such simple places on first dates. I'm not 16 anymore and my taste and financial resources have improved significantly. I would take you to a much more expensive place, preferably in the city. I'd make the experience as unfamiliar to you as I possibly can, as well. Now, the dinner will be expensive, at least more so than Apple Bees. You have me, a guy who makes more money than he knows what to do with. I have my own lovely home, two decent cars, dresses nice, and lots of expensive gadgets. It is evident when meeting and getting to know me in person that I am superbly financially secure and am fairly indifferent to costs. I want to be ostentatious with my money, to show that I am secure, that I can support a healthy, enjoyable lifestyle. You, on the other paw, would probably be working a low paying job. I'm not even sure if you work at all. You might be the type of girl just starting off on her own in life, perhaps still trying to get out on your own or with a friend. You might even be the type who has parents who won't allow you to take your own money out of the bank for they fear that you would do something dreadful with it, such as paying for a date that someone else requested. In this situation, Sammy needs money and Dexter needs to prove to her that he's got it. Sammy needs to save her money so she can get out on her own and get her life in active motion... and buy her own computer. I'd be so bold as to say that Sammy would be a fool to pay for this date. Let it go. Let the guy who asked you out on the date pay for the date. It was his idea anyway. He is perfectly capable of paying for it and it would be completely silly to object, not to mention inappropriate and rude.

Now, if you asked me out on the date, it would be a different story. You'd be the one in control, the one who requested this little get together. You'd pick the place and time. I wouldn't totally expect you to pay for it and would be ready to pay for dinner just in case, but I wouldn't be so persistent in paying either. After all, you're the one who wanted the dinner. However, I doubt you'll be the one asking me out, even if you wanted to, simply because that isn't traditional for you and you have been conditioned in another way. Tell me, though, have you ever asked a boy out before? There's something amusing about imagining you coming to pick me up for a date. Although I have been asked out by the opposite sex before, it is generally going to be a boy ask girl out deal.

Quoting Aesthetic][color=lemonchiffon]Most guys only pay for their girlfriends because that's what they were always told to do - it was just being polite and courteous. I haven't met many who actually do it because they prefer to

I do prefer to pay, truly. It is polite and courteous of me, but it is also an opportunity for me to grab the dominance and to show my infatuation with you is worth the costs. I like you and I want this night to go according to plan. You, Sam, are a future prospect for a wife and I must show you that I can support our family while you take care and bring up our children at home. Do your part to help this infatuation reach the point of ardent love. Dress nice, look gorgeous, be alert, be talkative, informative, charming, etc. Just shut up about who's going to pay for our dinner and don't forget to kiss me right before our goodnights are said.

[QUOTE=Aesthetic][color=lemonchiffon]I don't know if that could affect my actual love for him. Adoration, yes:

But my manipulation methods are part of my personality, so get to the loving already. :love:

By the way, you free tonight? I hear Bon Jovi's playing at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland. Tickets for two will costs about 320 dollars, so you better get your parents to give you your 500 dollars. :p:

Posted by Azure Wolf

Bluh. I try...but thats probobly why i'm not *cry*

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting Dexter: Also, I've noticed that it is difficult for girls to keep such secrets. If the lady was to learn of her boy's clever gift card performances, I'm sure she would have a difficult time keeping it to herself and would rush to her boy, hug him, and tell him how much he means to her, then proceed to explain how she came upon the information.

It would be incredibly difficult to keep it to herself, but like you said:

[quote=Dexter]It would be exceptionally romantic if the couple were both manipulating each other in a game of paying for their activities in any way possible.

And so, because of how romantic (and fun) that would be, the girl would most likely keep it up until one of the two couldn't keep it to him or herself anymore (cue the rushing and hugging).

[quote=Dexter]Let's pretend for a moment that we were dating. I approached, told you the characteristics you possess that I fancy, such as your compassion and vitality, and have asked you out for dinner next Friday night. You, of course, accept my invitation and come Friday I am taking you out to dinner. Dexter and Sammy are out on a date, looking forward to an informative, stimulating conversation. Now, you might expect something simple like Apple Bees or Sizzler or some generic place like that, but I, being the Dexterous guy I am, have a different idea of where to eat. Rarely do I take girls out to such simple places on first dates. I'm not 16 anymore and my taste and financial resources have improved significantly. I would take you to a much more expensive place, preferably in the city. I'd make the experience as unfamiliar to you as I possibly can, as well. Now, the dinner will be expensive, at least more so than Apple Bees. You have me, a guy who makes more money than he knows what to do with. I have my own lovely home, two decent cars, dresses nice, and lots of expensive gadgets. It is evident when meeting and getting to know me in person that I am superbly financially secure and am fairly indifferent to costs. I want to be ostentatious with my money, to show that I am secure, that I can support a healthy, enjoyable lifestyle. You, on the other paw, would probably be working a low paying job. I'm not even sure if you work at all. You might be the type of girl just starting off on her own in life, perhaps still trying to get out on your own or with a friend. You might even be the type who has parents who won't allow you to take your own money out of the bank for they fear that you would do something dreadful with it, such as paying for a date that someone else requested. In this situation, Sammy needs money and Dexter needs to prove to her that he's got it. Sammy needs to save her money so she can get out on her own and get her life in active motion... and buy her own computer. I'd be so bold as to say that Sammy would be a fool to pay for this date. Let it go. Let the guy who asked you out on the date pay for the date. It was his idea anyway. He is perfectly capable of paying for it and it would be completely silly to object, not to mention inappropriate and rude.

As for making the experience as unfamiliar to me as you can, that could be done by taking me to a beautiful wooded area that you had some familiarity with, somewhere that we could sit and eat something that you could've made and brought along. It would be simple and inexpensive, yes, but it would hold more beauty that any expensive restaurant could offer. Plus, since I would know already that you make a lot of money, I wouldn't want you to think that you'd have to "prove" anything. Maybe other girls like the fact that you have money, but to me, the only good thing about having that much money is that you can support yourself, many animals and that you have the ability to travel when you need to - for example, if you wanted to see your family, or certain friends who live in other states. As long as it makes you happy, I'm happy. That's how it should be, yes? The only part of this that I'll give to you is that you're right - I suppose that it can be deemed as rude if the girl refuses to let the guy pay (if it was his idea). I didn't think about that.. still, I would offer, just because I'm stubborn. And again, about how I shouldn't spend money that I technically don't have on an expensive meal, I wouldn't expect the date to be expensive in the first place.

[quote=Dexter]Now, if you asked me out on the date, it would be a different story. You'd be the one in control, the one who requested this little get together. You'd pick the place and time. I wouldn't totally expect you to pay for it and would be ready to pay for dinner just in case, but I wouldn't be so persistent in paying either. After all, you're the one who wanted the dinner. However, I doubt you'll be the one asking me out, even if you wanted to, simply because that isn't traditional for you and you have been conditioned in another way. Tell me, though, have you ever asked a boy out before? There's something amusing about imagining you coming to pick me up for a date. Although I have been asked out by the opposite sex before, it is generally going to be a boy ask girl out deal.

Yes, I have asked a boy out before. Multiple times, in fact. If I like the guy, and think that there's a strong possibility that a relationship could form, I will usually approach the guy myself. Then again, most guys I've known and liked have been too shy to ask a girl out in the first place (and have admitted this after the fact), so I'm not sure what would happen if the guy was the dominant one. It would be different, to say the least.

[quote=Dexter]I do prefer to pay, truly. It is polite and courteous of me, but it is also an opportunity for me to grab the dominance and to show my infatuation with you is worth the costs. I like you and I want this night to go according to plan. You, Sam, are a future prospect for a wife and I must show you that I can support our family while you take care and bring up our children at home. Do your part to help this infatuation reach the point of ardent love. Dress nice, look gorgeous, be alert, be talkative, informative, charming, etc. Just shut up about who's going to pay for our dinner and don't forget to kiss me right before our goodnights are said.

But.. I, well.. all right :(

[quote=Dexter]But my manipulation methods are part of my personality, so get to the loving already. :love:

If you insist. :-*

[quote=Dexter]By the way, you free tonight? I hear Bon Jovi's playing at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland. Tickets for two will costs about 320 dollars, so you better get your parents to give you your 500 dollars. :p:

Ahaha, hah. Actually, it was $600, and they did, so let's go. :p:

Posted by Sadinymph

[quote=Dexter]You, Sam, are a future prospect for a wife and I must show you that I can support our family while you take care and bring up our children at home.

Talking about prospective marriage material in a hypothetical dating situation? You move fast, Señor Dexterity.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sadinymph: Talking about prospective marriage material in a hypothetical dating situation?

It is evident that that hypothetical post was the most romantic contribution this thread has currently received. I think I deserve a kiss... or at least a hug. :love:

Quoting Sadinymph: You move fast, Señor Dexterity.

We'll see about this. Sometimes I feel like I'm not moving fast enough or the pace around me is in a hurry. I'm not sure if I should pace myself with it or try to encourage it to slow down and take it suitably, easily, and gradually. Sometimes I need someone to come along and hold my paw because I'm often dreadfully ignorant to the pace of the world or certain individuals. I'll become too relaxed in calm currents when I should be moving swiftly downstream. Both methods, fast and slow, serve their potential dangers. Too fast and you miss out on the beauty and fun of the beginning progress, which holds some of the most original, getting to know romanticisms. The first kiss, for instance, should be made relatively special and should be approached slowly, especially if you are serious about the one you are kissing. Remember that you may have a life-long relationship with your kissing partner and you want to be able to look back 20 years from the kissing moment and remember how great it was, not how fast and easily forgettable it was. Then again, if you move too slowly, you may lose the interest of the other, who is in a hurry to get the relationship in motion. She may take your slowness as being uncertain of your devotion towards her.

grr. I have more to say, but I'm currently in my biology class and should pay attention. What do you think, though? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Posted by Sadinymph

Quoting Dexter]It is evident that that hypothetical post was the most romantic contribution this thread has currently received. I think I deserve a kiss... or at least a hug. :love:

You deserve a kiss or hug from whom may I ask? I as you know can give you neither. I will however give you a thumbs up. How you take it is your business. : We'll see about this. Sometimes I feel like I'm not moving fast enough or the pace around me is in a hurry. I'm not sure if I should pace myself with it or try to encourage it to slow down and take it suitably, easily, and gradually. Sometimes I need someone to come along and hold my paw because I'm often dreadfully ignorant to the pace of the world or certain individuals. I'll become too relaxed in calm currents when I should be moving swiftly downstream. Both methods, fast and slow, serve their potential dangers. Too fast and you miss out on the beauty and fun of the beginning progress, which holds some of the most original, getting to know romanticisms. The first kiss, for instance, should be made relatively special and should be approached slowly, especially if you are serious about the one you are kissing. Remember that you may have a life-long relationship with your kissing partner and you want to be able to look back 20 years from the kissing moment and remember how great it was, not how fast and easily forgettable it was. Then again, if you move too slowly, you may lose the interest of the other, who is in a hurry to get the relationship in motion. She may take your slowness as being uncertain of your devotion towards her.

grr. I have more to say, but I'm currently in my biology class and should pay attention. What do you think, though? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

The pace of a relationship, as you should understand, is not let strictly up to the man. What if, Sam, for example, decided that you were moving too slow. If, lets say, you came out here for a couple of weeks, and was afraid on intruding and sending the wrong idea, so you stayed in a hotel. It is possible that Sam could take offense to that and become confused and confuddled as to your true intentions. The pace of a relationship needs to be decided by both people mutually, to make sure that it goes smoothly, and is memorable. Over analyzing things, and thus hesitating, can ruin the momentum, and strain the relationship, causing the current friendship to be an obligation and not an exciting stomach flipping event.

As for your biology class, For Shame! :p:

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sadinymph]You deserve a kiss or hug from whom may I ask? I as you know can give you neither. I will however give you a thumbs up. How you take it is your business. :

Put that thump down. I don't want a kiss from you, newbie. You need to at least have 500 posts and have been a member for over a year.

[QUOTE]The pace of a relationship, as you should understand, is not let strictly up to the man. What if, Sam, for example, decided that you were moving too slow. If, lets say, you came out here for a couple of weeks, and was afraid on intruding and sending the wrong idea, so you stayed in a hotel. It is possible that Sam could take offense to that and become confused and confuddled as to your true intentions. The pace of a relationship needs to be decided by both people mutually, to make sure that it goes smoothly, and is memorable. Over analyzing things, and thus hesitating, can ruin the momentum, and strain the relationship, causing the current friendship to be an obligation and not an exciting stomach flipping event.

I see. Of course, I didn't mean to come off as sounding like I thought the speed was entirely up to Dexter. Both Same and Dexter have control over the speed, naturally. If both speeds are different, one fast and one slow, then someone is going to have to compromise their procedure and reorganize their strategy. I doubt either wants to be a hindrance, so I'm sure the slower one, being Dexter, would be willing to pick up his pace to match the quickness and effectiveness of Sam's paces.

Hypothetically, if I was to come out there and visit for about a week, staying in a hotel seems like a perfectly respectable approach. Of course, this could easily be altered and strategies could once again be compromised in order to make the romance strengthen adequately. One would want to lessen confusion and express their true intentions as well as possible through communication methods. However, hypothetically, since this would be Dexter's and Sam's first encounter, Dexter staying with Sam on the first night might be seem as moving way too fast. Both individuals have a different speeds, but Dexter's speed is noticeably slower than Sam's speed. Sam couldn't possibly or at least shouldn

Quoted post: Put that thump down. I don't want a kiss from you, newbie. You need to at least have 500 posts and have been a member for over a year.

Pucker up, bby.

Posted by Sadinymph

[QUOTE=Dexter]Put that thump down. I don't want a kiss from you, newbie. You need to at least have 500 posts and have been a member for over a year.

Thump? Ok, I will keep my thump down. You mock me for being a newbie, yet you are rushing through your replies making all sorts of mistakes. Should I be flattered, or should hypothetical Sam be flattered? :-*

[quote=Dexter]I see. Of course, I didn't mean to come off as sounding like I thought the speed was entirely up to Dexter. Both Same and Dexter have control over the speed, naturally. If both speeds are different, one fast and one slow, then someone is going to have to compromise their procedure and reorganize their strategy. I doubt either wants to be a hindrance, so I'm sure the slower one, being Dexter, would be willing to pick up his pace to match the quickness and effectiveness of Sam's paces.

Procedures? You make it sound like surgery. But you would think that the woman would be the one making the effectiveness, being as how, she is more likley to be offended by your lack of motivation. Even though most girls would rather let the men do the talking, some women feel more comfortable taking charge and setting their own pace.

[quote=Dexter]Hypothetically, if I was to come out there and visit for about a week, staying in a hotel seems like a perfectly respectable approach. Of course, this could easily be altered and strategies could once again be compromised in order to make the romance strengthen adequately. One would want to lessen confusion and express their true intentions as well as possible through communication methods. However, hypothetically, since this would be Dexter's and Sam's first encounter, Dexter staying with Sam on the first night might be seem as moving way too fast. Both individuals have a different speeds, but Dexter's speed is noticeably slower than Sam's speed. Sam couldn't possibly or at least shouldn

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Sadinymph]What if, Sam, for example, decided that you were moving too slow.

[quote=Dexter]Sam couldn't possibly or at least shouldn’t get too offended when Dexter decides not to stay with her for the night on their first encounter.

[quote=Sadinymph]some women feel more comfortable taking charge and setting their own pace.

The hypothetical me is such an impatient ho :(

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sadinymph]That way you can get used to each other, or at least start to.

I honestly think I am used to her already. I believe she might be as well. I have little to no worries about meeting her in person. I feel that it would only add to our relationship and strengthen the bonds between us. I am comfortable talking to her and I believe that it would be even better in person. I know it will. I suppose I'm just used to staying at hotels. I'm actually quite fond of staying at hotels: she is more likley to be offended by your lack of motivation

It really isn't a lack of motivation, really. I am a motivated guy, virtually always looking for the action and ready to put myself in motion. My enthusiastic motivation is truly noticeable in person. I'm careful, though, and incredibly patient, which might come off as being less devoted and motivated. I just want things to be done properly and to enjoy them in the process.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The hypothetical Matt sees the hypothetical Dex spending gobs of cash and time trying to impress the hypthetical sam and just lol's at it.

Hypothetical Matt then makes a date with Sam for the next weekend. He uses his knoweldge of her likes and dislikes to plan an excursion that is weird. An adventure in dating, almost. He takes her to fun places that wouldnt seem like date spots. Possibly a local music show at a small, atmosphere filled club crowded with history and funny stories of adventures past. He shows Sam that he is a fun guy, who doesnt need to throw around cash to impress women. He shows her, through jokes and making the night fun, that he is a fun guy, who doesnt just settle into normal routines. Does she geta little thrown off? Maybe. She might not even enjoy it as much as the date she had with Dex. But there is one important difference: Matt remains a question mark. She knows only that he is an odd guy, with much more to learn. It is this desire to get to know the guy that will gaurantee Matt a second date, and it will be his fun, adventure loving nature that will land him subsequent dates. :cool:

lol internet duel, its on dex:link:

Posted by Aesthetic

The hypothetical Sam is overwhelmed with how many hypothetical situations she's getting herself into.

Still, the hypothetical popcorn is ready and awaiting the hypothetical duel. :cool:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Hypothetical Matt reconsiders and decides that he is above fighting for a womans approval.:cool: If she doesnt want him, its, hypothetically speaking, her fault.

Posted by Aesthetic

Hypothetical Sam laughs at the hypothetical Matt for thinking that she would hypothetically date him while he has a girlfriend at the (hypothetical) moment. ;)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Thats what the hypothetical is for;)

Posted by Sadinymph

Hypothetical Ray feels hypothetically left out.

Posted by NES Queen

I'm a hopeless romantic,
you're just hopeless

..... that is all

Posted by Sadinymph

**Drops pin** CLANK!

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Yes. I am.

Posted by Lord of Spam

How is everything going, if you dont mind sharing?

Posted by Sadinymph

Who are you talking to, LoS?

Posted by Dexter

He was talking to Velvet Nightmare. Vel was going through some relationship issues the other week. Last I heard all was properly resolved and the relationship actually strengthened.

Here's more information on that episode.

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=11487

Posted by JonMB

I love romance and intimacy. It's much more enjoyable to 'make love' than it is to just 'have sex' or 'fu*k'.

Dexter, are you cheating on me?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting JonMB: I love romance and intimacy. It's much more enjoyable to 'make love' than it is to just 'have sex' or 'fu*k'.

depends on how hot the girl is :cool: [spoiler]nah jk[/spoiler]

Posted by JonMB

Haha. What I mean is that having sex casually with someone you don't care much about is different than having sex with someone you love.

Quite true. But I wouldn't say one was more enjoyable than the other...

Posted by JonMB

I would. Physically they're the same, but emotionally/spiritually they're quite different.

Just my feelings about it though. Different strokes for different folks.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting JonMB: Different strokes for different folks.

Wait, if we're talking about having sex where did fapping come in?

Also, hidden text ftw. I agree with jon here.

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting JonMB: I would. Physically they're the same, but emotionally/spiritually they're quite different.

You're such a girl!

<3

Quoted post: I would. Physically they're the same, but emotionally/spiritually they're quite different.

never said they weren't different, but I did say that one wasn't better than the other. I've "****ed" someone and had it feel better than "making love", and vice versa. It all depends on the person and the connection between the two of you. With some people, "making love" just doesn't feel good at all since they aren't that type of person.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Vampiro: I've "****ed" someone and had it feel better than "making love", and vice versa.

Then I would think you were not truly 'making love' but rather just thought you were. Or perhaps you were, but not your partner.

I just don't see how ****ing a random girl is the same as having it with someone I want to spend my life with. But than again, I am a romantic, heh.

Of course, "better" is a matter of opinion and personal preference. Some people may want to have a spiritual connection, whereas other people don't care.

Quoted post: Then I would think you were not truly 'making love' but rather just thought you were. Or perhaps you were, but not your partner.

I just don't see how ****ing a random girl is the same as having it with someone I want to spend my life with. But than again, I am a romantic, heh.

Quoted post: It all depends on the person

yeah.

Posted by JonMB

I love you Vamp.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Vampiro: never said they weren't different, but I did say that one wasn't better than the other. I've "****ed" someone and had it feel better than "making love", and vice versa. It all depends on the person and the connection between the two of you. With some people, "making love" just doesn't feel good at all since they aren't that type of person.

the whole point to making love to someone is to establish a connection with them on more than just the physical level. mentally, emotionally, spiritually.... any possible way you can connect. the physical act of penis + vagina = big O is just a (for lack of a better word, vocabulary is not my forte) by-product of that connection. if the main thing you're coming away with after it is said and done is strictly a physical feeling of good or not so good, then you're missing the big picture and the whole point.

simply having sex or fuking is purely a physical act. little to no emotions are involved and the main point is to reach that O. if you're with someone who isn't a total pig, they'll be kind enough to ensure you have one too. whereas with making love, regardless of whether it happens or not you should be coming away from it feeling happy, "good", or fulfilled in more ways than one. and those feelings are much stronger and will always be "better" than just the physical O, even if your name is lexington steele.

... basically, I have to feel whatever else feels? Cool. 'Cause, you know, for a minute there, I almost thought I was allowed to enjoy whatever I felt like. Guess I don't know this whole confusing "sex" thing people keep talking about as well as I first thought I did.

:rolleyes:

Posted by JonMB

Hmm. I need to find me a girl like NES Queen.

Posted by Dexter

Sex for me would be quite emotional, as well as physical, I'm sure. I have been holding off on having sex my whole life and I imagine the person I end up having sex with will mean the world to me. I actually believe it would be far more emotional for me than physical.

What if the girl wants the light off so you can't look into her eyes? It seems to me that that would be taking some of the emotional part away. :(

Quoted post: Hmm. I need to find me a girl like NES Queen.

New York is where the best of them seem to dwell.

Posted by JonMB

You can usually have it dark enough to be dark, but still have enough light to see eachother's eyes. Just light a candle or two. Sometimes moonlight is enough.

Posted by Dexter

Ah. Sex by candlelight sounds like a delightful idea, but I still feel I wouldn't be able to see some of the expressions in her eyes that way. If she is more comfortable with the lights off, that is fine, but after giving a speech on how emotional it should be, it seems a little out of character for her to do. But since it would be the first time for us both, we might be a little nervous. I'm sure I will be. :(

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Vampiro: ... basically, I have to feel whatever else feels? Cool. 'Cause, you know, for a minute there, I almost thought I was allowed to enjoy whatever I felt like. Guess I don't know this whole confusing "sex" thing people keep talking about as well as I first thought I did.

dont know where you were trying to go with that one due to the sarcasmal diahrea.... but if you enjoy simply having sex then more power to you.

all im trying to say is that given the choice of being able to have incredible mind blowing sex with 5,000 different people or only being able to make love to one, i would personally choose the latter for the aforementioned reasons.

[quote]New York is where the best of them seem to dwell.
indeed

Posted by JonMB

[quote]but after giving a speech on how emotional it should be, it seems a little out of character for her to do.
So you guys were talking about it, but she said she wanted the lights off?

My ex-fiancee and I were both very nervous, but we both knew we were because we talked about it. Our first time was actually during the day so we saw everything. After a few minutes the nervousness goes away and it's all good though.

[quote]Sex by candlelight sounds like a delightful idea
Sex on TV is also a good idea, but don't fall off.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting JonMB: So you guys were talking about it, but she said she wanted the lights off?

Yeah, first she told me about how it was supposed to be emotional as well as physical, and I was initially like "huh?", but then she went on to say that she would prefer the lights to be off. I suppose now that I think about it it would probably work fine that way. I'm a little scared of hurting her, though, because she is a little thing. Maybe I could use the noises as in indicator?

Quoted post: dont know where you were trying to go with that one due to the sarcasmal diahrea....

Should be pretty obvious :cookie:

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Dexter: Maybe I could use the noises as in indicator?

Better to just talk, I think. There's no rule that says you can't talk during sex. And noises aren't always a good indicator of anything, especially if she's nervous, she might be withholding any noises out of fear of sounding like a whore or something. You'll both probably naturally WANT to talk during it the first time.

Heck, sometimes laughter is a part of sex. I was away from my ex for a few months years ago when we were still together, and when we finally got to see eachother again we were quickly in the bedroom and giggling the whole time out of excitement and happiness. Good times...

Posted by Dexter

Of course. I don't think I'll be able to stop laughing. Having sex with her is going to be hilarious. I giggle just thinking about it.

I also think we would communicate really well. The problem is, since it is her first time, she could be getting hurt or something and think that that is the way it is supposed to be and not say anything at all. That's sort of why I want to be able to see her expressions, because I feel I'll be able to tell more about how she's doing than she will knows herself, you know?

Posted by JonMB

Yeah, it's most likely going to hurt for her, unless she's already got friendly with some vibrators.

This is a good site to check out: http://www.avert.org/firsttime2.htm

Basically, I think it's best to just go slow and easy the first time. No matter how awkward it is, many people feel their first time was the best because it's so exciting and new, so enjoy it for sure. :D

I'd love to experience being a virgin again.

Posted by Sadinymph

Hypothetically?

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Sadinymph: Hypothetically?

What?

Posted by Sadinymph

You really had to have read the entire thread to understand.

Posted by JonMB

Hmm, I guess I'll do that then. :)

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Dexter: The problem is, since it is her first time, she could be getting hurt....

from what i've learned about you Dex, you're a pretty intuitive and sensitive guy. i'm sure you'll be able to pick up on any cues she gives you indicating that she's feeling either pain or simply not comfortable anymore. Even if she's too embarassed to speak up and say so, or the lights are off and you can't see her facial expressions, you'll feel the change in her whole body cause she'll tense up and not be relaxed and enjoying it. If you sense that (or even better get her to be comfortable enough with you where she can just tell you), then slow down, or flat out stop. Just because you guys decide you're ready to finally take that step, doesn't mean you have to completely go through with it that very instant.

my first time was more along the lines of 3-4 first times. eventualy it got to a point where it was uncomfortable, my bf didnt want to hurt me (since this was, afterall, supposed to be a good pleasant experience for the both of us), so he stopped. took a few tries like that before it finally felt alright. again, the point is to not rush it. if its someone you love and care for (which it sounds like you do), theres no sense of pushing it just for the sake of having done it.

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Dexter]What if the girl wants the light off so you can't look into her eyes? It seems to me that that would be taking some of the emotional part away. :(

You don't have to see everything to feel what's going on and what the other person is feeling. If the two people move together, in a sort of rhythm, you should have no trouble feeling your way, which just makes it that much more sensual.

[quote]Ah. Sex by candlelight sounds like a delightful idea, but I still feel I wouldn't be able to see some of the expressions in her eyes that way.

You wouldn't like the idea of the light creating a soft atmosphere, dancing on the walls and lightly illuminating the room just enough to see the other and their movements, expressions? Being that close to someone, you wouldn't have to see everything perfectly to know what's going on. Light is not the only thing that can assist in letting you know what the other is feeling.

[quote] If she is more comfortable with the lights off, that is fine, but after giving a speech on how emotional it should be, it seems a little out of character for her to do.

Sometimes, having it seem like nighttime seems more natural (like Jon said, with the moonlight shining through). Again, it wouldn't be pitch black - the reason for wanting the lights off is not because she wouldn't want to see you, or vice versa. For some girls, that is their reason; but like I mentioned above, it can add more sensuality to the actual "making love" bit.

[quote]Yeah, first she told me about how it was supposed to be emotional as well as physical, and I was initially like "huh?", but then she went on to say that she would prefer the lights to be off. I suppose now that I think about it it would probably work fine that way. I'm a little scared of hurting her, though, because she is a little thing. Maybe I could use the noises as in indicator?

Most girls hurt during sex their first time, and usually, are aware that it will. If it doesn't, then you're incredibly lucky - but it's not like it would ruin the moment. You have to get past the initial pain (if it occurs) to ever be able to enjoy it (and it's well worth it), so you shouldn't be worrying this much about it. Again, like Jon said, it's good to listen to the person. Unless they're just completely stubborn and don't want to show that they're experiencing pain, the girl will tell you what to do in order to make it less painful for her. Communication is always good, especially during sex.

[quote]Of course. I don't think I'll be able to stop laughing. Having sex with her is going to be hilarious. I giggle just thinking about it.

Oh, that's comforting. ;)

[quote]I also think we would communicate really well. The problem is, since it is her first time, she could be getting hurt or something and think that that is the way it is supposed to be and not say anything at all. That's sort of why I want to be able to see her expressions, because I feel I'll be able to tell more about how she's doing than she will knows herself, you know?

Just because girls know that it's "how it's supposed to be" doesn't mean that they won't voice when it hurts, and what you should do to lessen the pain. And like I said before, it won't be pitch black - with the combination of facial expressions, talking and feeling your way, you'll be able to make the first time as enjoyable as possible. Stop worrying. :)

[quote=NES Queen]from what i've learned about you Dex, you're a pretty intuitive and sensitive guy. i'm sure you'll be able to pick up on any cues she gives you indicating that she's feeling either pain or simply not comfortable anymore. Even if she's too embarassed to speak up and say so, or the lights are off and you can't see her facial expressions, you'll feel the change in her whole body cause she'll tense up and not be relaxed and enjoying it. If you sense that (or even better get her to be comfortable enough with you where she can just tell you), then slow down, or flat out stop. Just because you guys decide you're ready to finally take that step, doesn't mean you have to completely go through with it that very instant.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by Xenos

I call for SexEd 1A.

What is the best way to make love?

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Xenos: What is the best way to make love?

Repeatedly.

Posted by Xenos

Doggy style?

Posted by Sadinymph

Oh, my little girl is growing up!

I think that everyone is kind of making a big deal about the lighting. Let us not forget about foreplay. You can always decide, before you get down to the actual bump and grind, how you want the lighting. As for laughing during sex, I would watch for that, because that can make situations either happy, and carefree, or self conscious. I think that when it is your first time, feel your way through it. You will always be able to tell what each other is feeling, if you care about each other. You can sit next to someone on a bus, and if you care about them (without looking at them) be able to feel if they are excited about seeing a cute puppy on the sidewalk.

I think that sex is something beautiful if it is with someone you care about and love. Over analyzing it is a waste of time, because you can't plan romance.

Quoting Xenos: What is the best way to make love?

Any other than anal.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Xenos: Doggy style?

Woo.. man.. that always made me cum quick. That position is tooooo sensitive.

Posted by Sadinymph

Waaay too much information for me.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Xenos: I call for SexEd 1A.

What is the best way to make love?

When I find out, I'll let you know. I have some things I want to try out, some imaginative arrangements that expresses and explores my inner amenable dexterity and gentle, dutiful agility.

I took Human Sexuality last term. There was more giggling in that class than one could find at a Japenese cosplay convention.

Posted by Sadinymph

[quote=Dexter]When I find out, I'll let you know.

Yes, because you know that we all want to know what Sexy Dexy's favorite position is. ;)

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Sadinymph]Yes, because you know that we all want to know what Sexy Dexy's favorite position is. :
I do...

>.>

<.<

[QUOTE=Sadinymph]Waaay too much information for me.

I do that, you should get used to it now. ;)

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: Yes, because you know that we all want to know what Sexy Dexy's favorite position is.

Totally. I'm getting into sex more than ever. I've never thought about it as much as I have these last couple days. You taught me to be open about it and if your friend is going to share everything about her sexual experience with you, I don't see what the problem is with me sharing it with my buddies here at VGC. ^_-

Posted by JonMB

That's right, Dexter! We want all the drippy details!

I apologize. (I joke I joke, I kid I kid)

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Sadinymph: Waaay too much information for me.

Very informative for future uses though!

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Sadinymph]Oh, my little girl is growing up!

Oh, shush. :mad:

[quote=Dexter]You taught me to be open about it and if your friend is going to share everything about her sexual experience with you, I don't see what the problem is with me sharing it with my buddies here at VGC. ^_-

Oh, revenge, is it? Nicely done, boy. :p:

Posted by Dexter

No, not revenge. I think I got more comfortable with the idea of sharing about it. I didn't think it would bother. Maybe you see how I felt now... perhaps?

There's something about keeping it personal that I do like, but some people aren't on the same boat as me, so I have to modify my style according to the current and go with the flow. :cool:

Posted by JonMB

I have no problems discussing my sex life with people, but if my partner wanted to keep it quiet, then I would. But I would encourage her to be perverted like I am.

Posted by Dexter

I wanted to keep it quiet and fursonal, but it was made clear that that wasn't the way it was going to happen. :(

Posted by Sadinymph

In order to make a relationship a workable relationship, both people have to be involved in all the decisions.

Posted by Dexter

I was seriously under the impression that we were to be open. Is there a decision I made without her that you're trying to hint to me?

I think I need to have more boyfriend experience under my belt because you're making me feel as though I suck at it. :(

Posted by Sadinymph

You need to learn to be a good boyfriend/girlfriend. It definitley doesn't come naturally, because every relationship is different to begin with. The only thing I can say at this time is: Pick your battles, and be forgiving. Learn as you go, and don't ever give up. Every relationship has potential to be everlasting, especially some. :)

Communication is teh most important!

Posted by JonMB

I agree. Something I always did was keep in the front of my mind the fact that I truly love this person. So when we would disagree, it made it much easier to not get in an actual fight as long as we both remembered that we loved eachother and respected eachother.

Posted by Sadinymph

Respect is the number one thing in a relationship. No respect, the relationship is going to fail. It is an absolute.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sadinymph: Communication is the most important!

Is that why I'm talking to you and not her? :(

Posted by Sadinymph

No, that is why you are talking, and not keeping everything to yourself.

Posted by JonMB

So, I have a question for you that I posed to some other friends of mine. The answers were pretty split.

Do you be completely honest with your spouse? And I mean, completely. Don't lie about anything.

Girls, if you ask your guy how an outfit looks, what response do you want? Do you want his honest opinion on that particular outfit, or do you want him to say you look perfect every time?

If you're late to a place where you meet your wife, guys, do you tell her that you just left late and you apologize? Or do you say you got caught in traffic?

Posted by Sadinymph

Who are you asking?

Posted by JonMB

Everyone. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Posted by Sadinymph

Personally, I think that it really depends on what type of relationship you are looking for, and the type of person that you are with. If your partner doesn't need to have everything be out in the open all the time, then you don't, but if it is the type of relationship where you masterbate, as well as have sex, it would probably be a good idea to stay secretive. Yet if your spouse is the type who wants to be informed, then you shouldn't lie, or hide anything, because when it gets found out, it will surely be a problem in relationship.

For example, I am very jealous. If my fiancé decides that he is going to start talking to an old female friend, and doesn't tell me, it would infuriate me. But if I wasn't the jealous type, then it probably wouldn't bother me at all.

Does that help at all?

Posted by JonMB

Right, that makes sense and I agree.

But what do you personally prefer? Do you want an out in the open relationship? Or do you not care if your partner keeps little secrets that he thinks you don't need to know?

Posted by Sadinymph

I want it all out in the open. My fiancé plays Socom 3 online, and he sometimes enters a random room with girls in it. I almost demand that he tells me every time there is a girl in the room, and what she is saying. I have been cheated one, and used to many times to trust my own gender.

I would definitley rather be informed. I guess you could say that I am a jealous *****.

And as for him telling me if I look fat in a dress or something, I think its healthier if there is truth all the way, no matter what, as long as you are nice about it. Being a jerk never helps anyone.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Sadinymph: And as for him telling me if I look fat in a dress or something, I think its healthier if there is truth all the way, no matter what, as long as you are nice about it. Being a jerk never helps anyone.

Yeah, I agree. There's different ways of saying it.

Nice: Well, I think I'd like you more in that dress.
Jerk: ****, that is uugggggggly!

Besides, when you are in love and attracted to someone, you always think they're beautiful anyway, but that doesn't mean you can't help them choose an outfit that you both like.

Anyhow, I'm like you too. I like things out in the open. I feel that a relationship is stronger that way.

Posted by Sadinymph

I think that honesty is the only way to be. Besides if I went out in public, and he let me wear something that had a stain or something, I think I just might blame him. If he wants me to look the best, then he needs to make sure that I look the best.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[QUOTE=Sadinymph]I almost demand that he tells me every time there is a girl in the room, and what she is saying.

Jesus, control freak much? If you keep **** like that up, chances are he's going to get tired of it.

[quote=jon]Woo.. man.. that always made me cum quick. That position is tooooo sensitive.

Weird, exact opposite for me. Huh.

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=teh matt]Jesus, control freak much? If you keep **** like that up, chances are he's going to get tired of it.

That must be why they're getting married. ;)

Posted by NES Queen

ahh... but engagements don't always end in a marriage.

*speaking from experience on this one*

Posted by Aesthetic

Oh, I know that; I saw my sister's engagement fall apart. Doesn't mean that all are pre-destined to fail, though. I was just trying to point out to Matt that if something so trivial would've been a problem in the first place, they wouldn't have gotten engaged.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If someone tried that with me, instant relationship end.

Regardless of what you think about women, if you dont trust the guy enough to even be on a freakin' video game where there might be women, then the relationship isnt that strong.

Posted by Aesthetic

With people who've been cheated on before, it takes much longer to build trust back up. Plus, it's not that she doesn't trust him - she doesn't trust the girls. There are reasons as to why she's so suspicious of the girls he plays with; it's not like she's basing her jealousy off of nothing. I'll explain in AIM. Still, she was just explaining a bit in order to make an example. Not everyone's like you, Matt. Don't judge people (or their actions) before knowing all of the circumstances surrounding the situation.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The point remains, if she doesnt trust him, then the relationship isnt that sturddy.

And saying that its the girls she distrusts isnt a valid excuse. If she trusted him, then there wouldnt be any risk of him cheating, and hence no issue of it. The fact that she feels the need to oversee just proves that even if she wont admit it, she isnt ready to trust someone.

Posted by Aesthetic

She's not afraid of him trying something with a girl, she's afraid of a girl going to all these lengths to try something with him. It's happened before, and she doesn't want that type of a conflict again. She knows that he would never do anything with anyone else, but that doesn't rule out the fact that they would try. I'm sure her jealousy will subside a bit as time goes on, but different relationships call for different issues to be worked on. Their relationship is progressing because of this, and believe it or not, he actually likes the fact that she's protective over him. He has some security issues, so everything goes hand in hand. Again, not everyone thinks like you do when it comes to those types of things.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If she trusts him then nothing could happen (assuming the trust is justified, which I'll assume it is.) Which means that theres no need to follow up on him.:/

I'm not saying anything about their relationship i specific (or at least not trying to, if I had previously phrased it as such). I'm just saying that "I trust you but am going to watch you like a hawk" is illogical at best.

Posted by Aesthetic

Girls aren't the only ones who can be cornered in certain situations. I do understand where you're coming from, but like I said before, you are only seeing one side of this. They're both working on their problems, and thus making their relationship better than ever. Sometimes, problems like these can lead to a better future, if dealt with correctly.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Lord of Spam: Weird, exact opposite for me. Huh.

Everyone's different. I can go forever in Missionary.

Quoting NES Queen: ahh... but engagements don't always end in a marriage.

That's for sure. I was engaged for about 3 years and it fell apart.

Quoting Aesthetic: She's not afraid of him trying something with a girl, she's afraid of a girl going to all these lengths to try something with him.

If he is truly trustworthy, then she would not need to worry, because he would tell any advancing girl to **** off and that he's taken. That doesn't mean she won't worry, I'm just saying she doesn't need to.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Aesthetic]...she'd find a way to pay the guy back. Somehow, there is always a way.
I have two words for you: blow job.