Games To Look For

Posted by inequity

If I were to go out hunting for rare games, what games would I want to look out for? I have a feeling I passed up the opportunity to buy many valuable game because I didnt know at the time which games were worth something.

So, what games should I keep an eye out for and buy it the second I see it?

Posted by Dexter

I have a list printed out of NES games and their rarity grades. Whenever I come home after hunting down a couple, I look up a few of the games that I left behind that I recall to see if I should quickly return later, perhaps the very next day to retrieve them. I find myself trying to get the rarer games over anything else, typically.

http://www.geocities.com/video_game_collector/nesraritylist.htm

That is the rarity list I go by. I have gotten many A- and B+ lately and I know many other games that fall within such rarity grading so when I see them around I'll recognize them. I find it very helpful to have this list printed out for my advantage.

Games that are coloured differently usually have higher rarity, but not always. When I saw the blue cartridged Captain Comic I was sure I had something in the A rarity grade, but it was only a B. I never used to think much of blue or silver cartridges until recently, when I discovered that many of the rarer games are such colours. Wisdom Tree, which are the Christian games, and such are good to get if you see them around. Also, if you look in the newest NES possessions thread, you'll see we usually put the rarity grade next to the games we get, and that might help you in some ways.

If you ever see Bubble Bath Babes, get it!

Posted by Tyler Durden

Simple humans, always living and grading things according to the all-mighty dollar ($). I select NES carts to purchase, based upon the integrity of the gameplay value, and it's promising replay value. Certain individual "fun-factors" like these assure me that I have the collection that fits me best. But when it comes to a game I feel would benefit me through new-ventures in that title, and it just so happens to be a rare cart. I don't mind shelling out the extra funds out-of pocket to get it. Isn't that what being a "gamer" used to be about. Enjoying games for their inovative gameplay, rather than how rare they could be? Stop living by the list, and live your 8-bit life to the fullest.

Posted by Landon

OK, there are A LOT of dynamics at play with NES games, just as there is with the buying and selling of anything else. The most important are-Desirability and Rarity

First off, the one point that needs serious emphasis is that when it comes to selling and actual prices realized is that [SIZE=6]RARITY DOESN'T ALWAYS EQUAL MORE MONEY.[/SIZE]
Money and end-prices come from

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Man, Landon, controversy just seems to follow you. Hehehe, J/K.

Feion