Insomnia

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make.

I can't bloody sleep.

I've been awake for two hours, looking at the celing and twiddling my thumbs. Now, it's not true insomnia, to be fair, as I've been able to sleep erratically, but I'm pretty much buggered as far as my sleeping pattern goes. I'll probably go and get some valerian root tomorrow, but I just thought I'd come and give the word out, see if anyone has some advice.

Posted by mis0

Insomnia sucks ***. I remember a while back I just couldn't plain sleep, so I just did everything I could think of until I was completely burnt out, and, well, I slept pretty well. Good luck with this, though. It's a fairly individual problem and what works for one may not for another.

Yeah, the problem is that I'm doing that, and ending up staying up until early morning. Then, of course, I fall asleep at 11am, wake up at 4pm, and I'm pretty much buggered all over again.

Posted by Killer Jordo

YEah that happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Right before xmas. It happens to me about 5 times a year. Once I only slept 30 minutes one night. Buggered my sleeping routines up.

Posted by Slade

I agree, insomnia is the pits. I had a little of it last week when I was really stressed out and getting sick, and the lack of sleep gave me a massive headache and screwed up my schedule. I just took regular Tylenol PM and that helped me get some sleep after two nights of nil.

Quoting Slade: regular Tylenol PM

That makes a lot of sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that first, instead of ****y herbal remedies.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I can concur, I absolutely can never sleep. I just can't. I'm up until 3AM every single night, then wake up at 7. Life drags.

Posted by Kodachi

There's always masturbation.
NyQuil works, too, especially with a glass of ice water.

The former doesn't tire me out any more (EVER SINCE I BECAME A PR0N STAR).

The latter is, yeah. Something I will try tomorrow.

The big problem is, of course, that nowhere is open at night to sell it. Irony is dead. Long live irony.

Posted by Richaod

I very rarely have insomnia, if ever.

It seems that a lot of VGC suffers from it though. Seriously, I once saw about 10 of the American VGCers all on MSN/AIM while it was around 3 a.m. US time.

Posted by Kodachi

I wasn't really talking about tiring yourself out.

The ice water makes me feel all cold inside(that sounds terribly goth/emo/otherstupidtrend) and it's rather relaxing. The NyQuil is just an extra.

And it fights cold symptoms!

Richaod: Given the amount of members on VGC, that's not exactly against the odds.

Kodachi: What the **** were you talking about, then? If anything, it'll just raise my endorphin levels, keeping me awake.

Posted by Kodachi

****, I was hoping this wouldn't turn into a masturbation conversation.
What was I thinking?

Anyway, isn't it relaxing afterwards? I certainly don't feel like moving after I'm done, and it feels like it would be very easy to just pass out right there.

That's what I mean by 'tiring me out'.

Posted by Kodachi

I think of it more as relaxing than tiring. I suppose you have to do more work.

I'm going to take that as a rather candid compliment. Either that, or shove the phrase 'than most guys' on the end to make it more obvious.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I haven't had it for awhile. Not since grade ten anyways...

The only thing I suffer from is just a bad sleep-cycle. Often I'll be up all night, work, go to bed, repeat. Pain in the ***.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Kodachi: The ice water makes me feel all cold inside(that sounds terribly goth/emo/otherstupidtrend) and it's rather relaxing. The NyQuil is just an extra.

I get ya perfectly. In the stiffling heat of the desert days, I find it necessary to down a glass or so before I hit the sack.Nyquil probably helps because it has a little alcohol in it, which remarkably, does the trick.

Oh. alcohol! Yay! Get that bottle of Jack and a few shots of the Goose to chase it down, and I'd imagine you'd be out for the count. Or just feel like ****.

Some other ideas: Moving vehicles might make you tired. I guess it's more of an expensive venture where you live, but going off/on buses from the warm, bright environment inside to the cold, dark outside always makes me tired. Sometimes I'll also just drive around because it's soothing and somehow the change in light, direction, etc, wears me down.

Posted by Linko_16

I've had non-medical insomnia my whole life. Kind of a pain in the side sometimes, but it is somewhat enjoyable to be given a whole night to read or do something of that sort when you're not given the choice to sleep.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Killer Jordo: YEah that happened to me about 3 weeks ago. Right before xmas. It happens to me about 5 times a year. Once I only slept 30 minutes one night. Buggered my sleeping routines up.

Oh that happened to me about 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday, literally 30 minutes of sleep. Went to school Thursday and I was not tired.

Posted by Klarth

I've been awake for four days straight in the past. I didn't actually feel sleepy until the fourth day. 16 hours of sleep later and I was fine.

Oh, yeah, I've done similar things before. But I've always been able to shake myself out of it - this time, no dice.

I got myself some over-the-counter sleeping pills today. This should help.