TELEPORTATION OR SUPER SPEED?!

Posted by KoH

CHOOSE YOUR POWER.

I shall reveal the mystery answer after there are, in my own opinion, enough answers.

PS: It's like, the ultimate power. So choose it.

Posted by Richaod

Sounds gimmicky.

um, wouldn't teleportation render super speed completely redundant anyway?

Posted by mis0

Teleportation could be just as fast as "super speed", y'know. Like, faster than the speed opf light (which technically would actually benefitial to the user: longer life)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: um, wouldn't teleportation render super speed completely redundant anyway?

No, depending on the speed you travel at, you can technically "stop time". It also depends on how noticeable the teleportation is.

Posted by KoH

... picky picky picky... it's not good enough to just say "teleportation or speed" you must know how fast the speed is... if you'll hurl after using each power... jesus... alright, lol

Super speed: You would move as fast as Superman and/or the Flash.

Teleportation: Could be used as Nightcrawler would use it. Only teleport to where you can see.

Quoted post: Only teleport to where you can see.

CAN see, or HAVE seen?

Posted by KoH

CAN see.

**** that

Posted by KoH

NIGHTCRAWLER DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT.

He can also be a massive fag, too.

Super speed for me, then.

Posted by mis0

SSJ GOKU FOR TELEPRAT PLX!

Posted by Linko_16

There's also the ability to stop time, which can seem like teleportation. omg chaos control.

But of the two, super speed. You could use that for other fun stuff besides just getting from one far-off place to another.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Teleport.

You can tele up and down and left and right. When you can only run left and right.

Quoted post: You can tele up and down and left and right. When you can only run left and right.

... like a crab?

Posted by The Judge

Teleportation.

I'd also prefer that when I teleport, I explode into nails that fly out in all directions.

Posted by KoH

Whatever. That's enough posts for me. THE MYSTERY ANSWER: TO BE REVEALED IN TOMORROW'S EXCITING EPISODE.

Screw it: TO BE A LONG HAIRED BRUNETTE.

Figure it all out for yourselves, I'm too lazy to try and make sense of this mess.

Is the brunette hot?

Posted by KoH

If you are, then yes. If you're ugly as sin, then no. And you have really attractive teeth either way.

Can I teleport into women?

Posted by The Judge

Don't get into that discussion again.

It'll just be like the first matrix.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'll chose the "mystery power".

[quote=KoH]NIGHTCRAWLER DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT.

He teleported through that wall, didn't he? :)

Posted by scylla

screw trying to get to work & blowing off stacks of paper off of peoples desk with super speed, I'd rather just teleport there (and save myself some work)

Posted by KoH

Okay, that woman thing... not sure... Excellent question though.

MYSTERY POWERS COMBINED. He may have teleported through the wall, but that was luck. And hey, if you want to risk exploring the unknown of a woman's bush by teleporting into it, you're welcome to risk having your dick fuse together with her body. Disgusting? Absolutely. Possibility if you try and teleport into a woman? Probability.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Teleportations. MAAAN.

Posted by The Judge

Bump of old thread to the max

Posted by Lord of Spam

Speed is more usefull. Since your limbs would move faster, they would have more kinetic energy, which means that if you hit someone, you transfer more energy to their body, which results in a harder hit.

With teleportation, you get to move fast. With super speed, you get to move fast AND hit harder. Hence, super speed is strictly superior.

Posted by GameMiestro

With teleportation, you dont have to move.

Posted by Lord of Spam

yeah, but you dont get super hard hits.

Plus, with super speed, you could be the best at every sport known to man. Just dial youself back so that it seems reasonable and you'll be king of every sport known to man.

Posted by The Judge

Nevermind the fact that when you bash into somebody at 800 mph you end up hurting the hell out of your fist, that's what makes it cool!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Never mind the fact that I never said so it at 800 mph or anything like that.

Just crank the speed up enough to make it worth it. And since you'd have to have super reflexes to go with super speed (unlike teleportation), you wouldnt be able to be hit. So not only can you smash peoples fashes, but they can never hit you.

Long distance travel is the only benefit that teleportation has, and even that is minimal.

Posted by Shade

I just think it'd be funny to punch somebody and then teleport. Just to see their reaction of "wtf where'd he go!?"

Also, I can see a plane in the skie.

I'm on that plane.

Teleportation >

Posted by Lord of Spam

You cant see into the plane, so you have no way to know whether or not you are going to fuse with something inside it. Have fun being dead when you merge with some *******es suitcase. Not to mention that since the plane is moving at several hundred of miles per hour, and you wont be when you end up inside it, you'll be slammed against the back of it rather violently.

Teleportation is basically only fun if you dont think about any of the reprecussions.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Speed for me. Unlike teleportation, speed can let you do other fantastic thigns like running on water and creating giant gusts of wind. :cool:

Quoted post: Speed is more usefull. Since your limbs would move faster, they would have more kinetic energy, which means that if you hit someone, you transfer more energy to their body, which results in a harder hit.

The stress on your body would be insane with super speed. Chances are, your muscles would wear out in a matter of days depending out the usage.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Lord of Spam: You cant see into the plane, so you have no way to know whether or not you are going to fuse with something inside it. Have fun being dead when you merge with some *******es suitcase. Not to mention that since the plane is moving at several hundred of miles per hour, and you wont be when you end up inside it, you'll be slammed against the back of it rather violently.

Teleportation is basically only fun if you dont think about any of the reprecussions.

I can see the plane, so I go on it. At which point I can look through a window and get inside.

AND! Teleportation can help you escape from jail.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Assuming that there were no added supernatural durability it would wear the body down. BUT, since you would have to have added muscle to initiate the movement, there would added natural durability.

Let, for the moment, assume that both powers are in there most advanateous iterations though. It would be safe to assume that the teleportation power would allow one to move instantly to any point, anywhere. Granted, they would have to be able to see where they were jumping to make sure that they didnt merge with something, but lets be SUPER generous and say that they can tell before they try a jump if it will end in such a "collision." Lets also let them match their speed to a certain frame of reference (so that if they were to teleport into a plane, for instance, they would not be flattened against the back wall.) What you are left with is the ability to cover very long distances very quickly with practically zero error.

Now, let us consider the most advantageous form of super speed. To be able to maintain your course whie avoiding colisions, you would have to have super fast reflexes as well. Furthermore, as has been brought up, one would need added durability. Also, to initiate and sustain such high velocities one would need immense energy stores. Let us suppose then that the body has reached its full potential in terms of digestion, and so can store great deals of energy (though obvious limits would still exist on sustained movement). What we are then left with is the ability to cover limited distances quickly, and to essentially kill anyone that you fight with one hit.

It all comes down to how you want to solve your arguments. Would you rather teleport away like a pussy, or just smash face?

[quote=someone who completely missed the point]I can see the plane, so I go on it. At which point I can look through a window and get inside.

You can get nexted to the plane, but can you fly? Nope. So what is your plan, hold onto the wing? Not to mention that unless you did it at take off, the plane would be too high for you to breath, which means that you black out and fall to the ground, and since you're unconscious, you cant teleport. Even if you did somehow manage to stay next to the plane long enough to get a good look inside, when you teleport into it, you are still going to wind up stationary in an object moving at several hundred miles per hour. The end result is that the back wall will approach you at the planes speed, which will most likely kill you.

Quoted post: AND! Teleportation can help you escape from jail.

Assuming you can go mind-boggling fast, your molecules could probably vibrate quick enough to allow you to pass through solid objects. Or you could just punch your way through the walls.

or something.

LoS: tl;dr. I'll come back to it later.

Posted by Shade

LoS, what was your point about getting into the plane? That whole black wall bit went right through my ea- eyes.

And Vamp, you just teleport outside the bars, then when people try and capture you, you teleport past them, and so on.

[quote]It all comes down to how you want to solve your arguments. Would you rather teleport away like a pussy, or just smash face?

You could keep teleporting around the guy and hitting him.

Quoted post: And Vamp, you just teleport outside the bars, then when people try and capture you, you teleport past them, and so on.

Same effect really.

Either way, we all know teleportation is better than super speed.

This is true.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Lies. Its less usefull in abstract, and just isnt as cool in execution.

Quoted post: Lies. Its less usefull in abstract, and just isnt as cool in execution.

How is NOT cool? You're ****ing TELEPORTING.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Ooooo. Big deal, you're a one trick pony. Speed has NUMEROUS uses though.

Quoted post: Ooooo. Big deal, you're a one trick pony. Speed has NUMEROUS uses though.

Yeah, like go really fast! WEEEEEEEEE

Posted by Lord of Spam

NOT ONLY can you go really fast WEEEE, you can also hit super hard, AND make it seem like you're teleporting short distances by moving faster than the eye can track.

So super speed is better:P

Yeah, but I'm lazy. I don't want to have to run anywhere. Hell, I don't even want to walk! Plus, you can teleport around the guy while punching him, like someone in this thread said.

Or you can teleport to Japan, steal some Ninja's katana, teleport back, and chop the guys head off.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Teleporting doesnt increase hitting strength though, so your punch still wont hurt as much as the super speed guy. Besides, he'll just be able to hit you anyway if you get near him.

Speed wins.

Quoted post: Teleporting doesnt increase hitting strength though, so your punch still wont hurt as much as the super speed guy. Besides, he'll just be able to hit you anyway if you get near him.

Speed wins.

Wait, why am I even hitting the guy? Chances are, my punches are going to kill him anyways, so why not teleport somewhere I can grab a knife and stab him?

And like I said, it requires me to run. I can't enjoy that. Shmeh for opinions.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Super speed also lets you just sit there and dodge every hit he throws at you, which not only is badass as all hell, but embarasses the hell out of him.

... why can't I just teleport to the left or right? Or just behind him? I don't get it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Because thats not as stylish, and you dont nessecarily have the reflexes for it. Its more embarrasing if you dodge every hit without moving your feet anyway.

**** style. I'd rather not have to expend physical energy just to make someone look like an a[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]s. And, really, they'd only look like one because you have super powers. Which wouldn't be fair and make you look like a baby because you can't stand and fight like a real man. But whatever. Like I said, it's all just opinion.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Using teleportation to get away just makes it seem like you have to use your super powers to run away. And if I'm going to get made fun of for using super powers, I'd rather it be "You're powers make you too strong and its not fair" than "lol ur a pussy"

Besides, I'm not as lazy as you, so for me its worth it.

Quoted post: Using teleportation to get away just makes it seem like you have to use your super powers to run away.

Technically, I said I'd use teleportation to teleport around him and continuously punch him. So what you just said would also apply to super speed, since it would seem like you'd have to use your super powers to beat the guy.

Quoted post:
And if I'm going to get made fun of for using super powers, I'd rather it be "You're powers make you too strong and its not fair" than "lol ur a pussy"

How is that any better? It's like picking a character in a fighting game because you KNOW he's over powered. It's unfair, and makes you seem like a fag who can't win unless you have some stupid advantage. In other words, you're a pussy who needs the upper-hand in a fight (read: super speed) to beat up some random idiot. Therefore, neither insult is better than the other, thus making neither preferable.

Quoted post: Besides, I'm not as lazy as you, so for me its worth it.

... exactly.

Posted by sniper

Teleportation. Since if you only had superspeed, hitting crap would sort of shatter bones. Plus, superspeed can't get you through barricaded areas.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Super speed would come in handy so much more often. There are doubtlessly dozens of moments each day when it would pay to bhe just a hre faster, where as when was the last time that you needed to get past a barricaded area?

Wouldn't it be faster to teleport?

Posted by Trigger

Ask me how the Queen is.

She's fine.

Posted by Zeta

I forget what that's from.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Vampiro: Same effect really.

Either way, we all know teleportation is better than super speed.

Super speed > teleportation at such a limited level of only teleporting where you can see.

Super speed = stronger punches, faster reaction time, and the ability to finish all my homework in 5 mintues instead of 5 days :D

I'd also love to be able to defy all forms of physics and move at such speed yet not lift off the earth or create a super strong wind! :D!

And Zeta, that's from family guy.

Quoted post: I'd also love to be able to defy all forms of physics

And teleportation DOESN'T do that?

Quoted post: and the ability to finish all my homework in 5 mintues instead of 5 days

The friction would probably set your homework ablaze.

Quoted post: Super speed > teleportation at such a limited level of only teleporting where you can see.

Wait, where did this come from?

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Vampiro:
The friction would probably set your homework ablaze.

Nah it wouldnt cuz for some reason super speed defies all forms of physics and only works in the right way :) (look at superman, he does things all the time which should royally f' up things around him, yet doesnt even geenrate wind ^^) If we wanted to get realistic in the means, if you teleport and there's a strong wind, after dematerializing, your matter may be blown away and you'd be lost forever, but since we in the super man/night crawler way, its all good :D

As for the teleport thing, the topic creators second post.

Quoting KoH:
Teleportation: Could be used as Nightcrawler would use it. Only teleport to where you can see.

So ha, in this form, super speed is easily > than teleporting :D

Quoted post: So ha, in this form, super speed is easily > than teleporting

Nightcrawler's teleportation allow him to teleport to anywhere he's seen, not just anywhere he CAN see. his powers also give him "spatial awareness" or whatever, which allows him to avoid being teleported into solid objects. So that's pretty moot.

Quoted post: Nah it wouldnt cuz for some reason super speed defies all forms of physics and only works in the right way (look at superman, he does things all the time which should royally f' up things around him, yet doesnt even geenrate wind ^^)

There's instances where superman has burned the ground beneath him when using super speed. Also, he has created tornadoes before by running around in circles. So it does create wind, and can cause massive friction.

Quoted post: If we wanted to get realistic in the means, if you teleport and there's a strong wind, after dematerializing, your matter may be blown away and you'd be lost forever, but since we in the super man/night crawler way, its all good

Nightcrawler pops in and out of dimensions, rather than completely dematerializing.

Posted by KoH

And there was the race between Flash and Superman where they both were trapped in ice and Superman used heatvision to get out of the ice and the Flash simply vibrated fast enough within the ice that he managed to create enough friction that it melted the ice. So uh, yes to the friction thing. Just like, for reassurance.

That just proves that the Flash is smarter than Superman.

Posted by Xero

I go for teleportation. Faster and no crashes.

Quoted post: That just proves that the Flash is smarter than Superman.

That doesn't make sense...

Superman could also have vibrated really fast and done the same thing (although admittedly, not as quickly). But he chose the slower method of heat vision.

Quoted post: Superman could also have vibrated really fast and done the same thing (although admittedly, not as quickly). But he chose the slower method of heat vision.

He didn't vibrate because he HAS heat vision. Also, how is heat vision slower? All he needs to do is get a little wiggleroom and bust out.

Yeah, but what the hell? If he's frozen in there, all he can do is look forwards and burn a hole in front of his face.

Quoted post: Yeah, but what the hell? If he's frozen in there, all he can do is look forwards and burn a hole in front of his face.

Right, which will give him enough room to turn his head and melt the rest.

The point is, that's A LOT easier than physically vibrating fast enough to completely melt the ice surrounding you.

Posted by Dreadnought

We all know that BOTH powers are super ghey.

WTF did nobody mention *absolute* and instant control over all ordered structures of matter? Does nobody else have a *** complex?

Quoted post: WTF did nobody mention *absolute* and instant control over all ordered structures of matter? Does nobody else have a *** complex?

Any power that makes you too powerful is boring as hell. Those characters usually don't make it past the second comic.