Castlevania LOI (Elisabetha and Lisa, the same?)

Posted by Jman

LOI states that Mathias (who is to become Dracula) was bedridden when his wife/love Elisabetha was killed. Many people say that this woman is not the same as Lisa from SOTN, but I beg to differ.
If you look at the art in the booklet, the 2 women look strikingly similar and in SOTN's booklet it says that Lisa was the only woman the count has ever loved.
Now why would he be bedridden and get angry to reject god if he didn't love Elisabetha? He wouldn't really. I've also read somewhere that the name Lisa is short for E"LISA"betha.
Plus his wife was burned for being accused of being a witch, which fits into the fact that Mathia/Dracula couldnt save her because he was fighting in the crusades.
However there is one problem... ALucard is estimated to be born 400 years before the events of SOTN which is set in the late 1790's (which means he would have been born around the late 1300's), where as Dracula is estimated to be 800 years old which means he would have been born around the late 900's.
LOI is based closer to when Dracula is estimated to be born, so there a a few questions...
1) Is the estimate of Alucard's birth in the SOTN booklet wrong? ie was he Elisabetha's child? or ..
2) Is Lisa an entirely different woman to Elisabetha that Dracula fell in love with 400 years later?
3) If you believe that (2) is correct, why does the SOTN booklet state that Dracula has only ever loved one woman

In regard to (3), Dracula may have only loved one woman since he became a Vampire, but I think Konami's intentions were that the only woman he ever loved was killed which is why he turned to the dark side and obtained the Crimson stone and became the lord of the vampires. This makes more sense than him falling in love with another mortal 400 years later and having a child. Plus 'Castlevania Legends' is based in the 1400's which is very close to Alucard's approximate date of birth.
So maybe the estimate was just a very broad estimate and it was wrong. However, if this is true, wouldnt Mathias and Elisabetha have had a mortal child and not a Hybrid (Human/Vampire). I was under the impression that Alucard was born half human and half vampire, so unless Mathias turned his own son into a vampire this theory would not work. And if Mathias bit him, wouldn't he be a vampire and not a half vampire? Although it never says that Alucard is half human, when the booklet states "son of the Count Dracula and a human mother", it seems to be very much implied here.

ALthough I believe that of more games are released there could be an explanation as to how Elisabetha and Lisa are the same woman, for now I'm goign to have to lean further toward the side of Dracula having been in love with 2 mortal women. This is also due to the fact that LOI mentions nothing about Mathias having a son. I mean, the 2 women he loved could have easily been killed... The first (Elisabetha) could have been killed in many ways, and the 2nd (Lisa) could have easily been (and was most likely) killed between the Counts various ressurections, which explains his growing hate for humanity and not just god.

For now I'm stumped, if any one has any questions/comments go right ahead.