1990 nintendo championship cartridge

Posted by tommyc

My wife picked up a cartridge at the goodwill with the above title. I found a list of rare nintendo games online. This particular game is not listed. It has four switches on it. It looks kind of funky. The label looks cheap-black and white ect... Is this something that nintendo made, or is it some kind of after market item? Thanks.

Posted by neofreak91

pm send

Posted by Proto Man

HOLY COW!!!!

Dude... you don't know what you have. That is like.... THE HOLY GRAIL in the NES world. The 1990 Championship Cartridge is what it says. It was a prize given in the 1990 Nintendo World Championships. You lucky dog, there are about 90 gray carts that were made, and only a 26 gold carts.

Can we see some pictures or scans?

Posted by GameMiestro

Dang... I've played one of those cartriges before, but I could never actually own one.

Who would leave it in a Goodwill?

Posted by tommyc

Are you serious? I have a picture, but I don't know how to post it. Please send directions. Thanks.

Is it worth a lot? Don't take me wrong, I'm wanting to put together a nice collection. However, money is what it takes to gain a nice collection.

Posted by Klarth

Directions: [url]www.imageshack.us[/url] - Upload the image there, and post it.

By the way: Those guys are lying. It's not rare at all.

Sell it to me? I'll give you £10.

Posted by bazariah

im willing to work out a trade for a bunch of carts... and when i say a bunch i mean a whole bunch....

or possibly cash and carts

seriosly let me know if we can work something out :D

Posted by Lord of Spam

BEWARE THE SCAMMERZ

Do independant research before you let it out of your possesion. Look around online. Now that you have a slightly better idea of what you have a hold of, you'll be better equiped to look for yourself.

Posted by tommyc

I don't know how to post picture. I uploaded it on the page you took me to, but where do I go from there? I'm very new to this kind of thing. Sorry so green. Thanks.

I tried to post here, but received this message.

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 10 posts or more.

Posted by tommyc

I just tried Ebay. I typed in "1990 nintendo championship nes" and nothing came up. There must not be any copies for sell. I've never seen one like it before. My concern is if it is real. It is very simple looking. Black and White, 4 small switches, not much to look at...

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth:
By the way: Those guys are lying. It's not rare at all.

Sell it to me? I'll give you £10.

LOL dude shut up.

tommy: check you pm's.

Also you will not find this on ebay, as it IS very rare, and it is rare that you would find such on ebay.

EDIT: wow... guys I am shaking. Since tommy can't post the pictue, I am posting it for him.... THIS IS THE REAL DEAL:

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/Protodude/championSmall.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, this story is incredible. Why would anyone want to give this to Good Will, unless they didn't know what it was.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting bazariah: im willing to work out a trade for a bunch of carts... and when i say a bunch i mean a whole bunch....

or possibly cash and carts

He he, you would have to. If this is the real deal, it's worth a lot. Even the Gray ones are worth a lot.

Posted by tommyc

A special thanks to protoman. It is good to know someone willing to lend a hand. Really nice to talk to as well. Hope you stick around, as I'm sure I'll need to call on you again. I'm not all that experienced with this kind of stuff.

Posted by bazariah

dude do NOT i repeat DO NOT let this cart go for any less than $1,500.. on a bad day you'd get around that minimum.. on a good $2,000 plus

you should put it on ebay, with pictures... cart pics, game playing etc.. i swear that you'll get the amount i said :D

Posted by Klarth

At least.

****, why do good things always happen to people who aren't me? :(

Posted by GameMiestro

There was a person who sold the shattered remains of one of those cartridges on EBay for a penny. I would have bought it if I knew...

Posted by Momentum

This is big. Oh my gosh.

I'll give you [i][b]