Quickly!! Can my comp run Guild Wars?

Posted by psp

In about an hour or so, my friend and i are going to go to frys to purchase guild wars for the pc. I need some help with it though. Do you think my comp can run it? Here is what my comp has:

32mb Integrated Nvidia Geforce 2 Graphics Card
480mb Ram
Over 2 gb free space on hard drive
Direct X 9.0

Here is the link to the system requirements:

[URL="http://manual.guildwars.com/other/system-requirements.html"]http://manual.guildwars.com/other/system-requirements.html[/URL]

Posted by KoH

1. GO FRY'S! YOUR BEST BUYS ARE ALWAYS AT FRY'S!

2. lmao wow, upgrade your computer plz

3. Yes. But very very very poorly... Heeeey... this was responded to in less than 5 minutes! Good job KoH!

BTW: I'm assuming you're running like.. what? A 2.0 ghz proc? In which case you're fine and dandy. Tell me if your processor's less than that.

Posted by brownoystercult

Actually, no, I don't think it can run. EVEN IF it can, it'll be so bad you'll want to return the game, or get a new pc.

Posted by KoH

I'd have to disagree about whether or not it'll run. It will, min. specs shows that it will. But yeah, like I said...

[quote=Like I said]
[COLOR=#000011]
3. Yes. But very very very poorly[/COLOR]

Posted by Xeal

Hell, the game runs like **** on my computer:
nVida FX5500
Ram:512
P4 3.2 HT

so answer: nein

Posted by KoH

Um... that's really unbelievable Xeal... A computer that, in some aspects, goes above and beyond what even the recommended specs list and still runs like sh*t is just very weird... You might want your computer looked at or cleaned of spyware cause you should be able to run it fine without a hitch.

Then again, what would be your definition of "sh*t?"

Posted by Xeal

Quoting KoH: Um... that's really unbelievable Xeal... A computer that, in some aspects, goes above and beyond what even the recommended specs list and still runs like sh*t is just very weird... You might want your computer looked at or cleaned of spyware cause you should be able to run it fine without a hitch.

No spyware or viruses, yet it lags like hell. nothing wrong with my connection either (15/1 mbps)

Quoting KoH:

Then again, what would be your definition of "sh*t?"

Very VERY bad

Posted by KoH

I gotta say man, that is very very weird. Try a defrag. Although that never seems to help me much. lol But I can honestly say that it's abnormal how the game runs so sh*ttily on a decent computer like that. Bizzaro.