Zelda the Movie?

Posted by pushbuttonringer

Does anyone have any information on a possibly Legend of Zelda movie?

I heard it was announced somewhere but can find no information on it.

Thanks!

Posted by Linko_16

Lord, I hope not.

Posted by Slade

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I read that, just substitute Lord for "God".

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Linko_16: Lord, I hope not.

Seconded.

Posted by Klarth

What if it was animated?

...And better than the original animated series?

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Klarth: ...And better than the original animated series?

I like the original series.

I used to think having a Zelda film would be nice, but that was back in, like, 2002. Nowadays, I think it is an awful idea. I don't like the directions they are taking many games to movies. Even if it were to be animated, I don't think it would be a good idea.

Posted by Alucard La croix

There was an original series of zelda movies? or where you talking about the game...either way i dont care i would be interested in a zelda movie...

Posted by Arczu

The original Zelda Series was the one that aired along with the Super Mario Bros Super Show in splits back quite a few years ago. Maybe 13 or more.

I remember watching some of it. The triforce wasn't gold back then, rather it was a glowing 2-Dimensional triangle in a red or blue piece. There was a fairy at Link's side, though I don't know if she was called Navi or not.

In any case, a movie at this point looks like a loss-loss situation. There is a trend to taking games, putting them in a movie and in the process, loosing most of the characteristics that made it such fun to play. If we played a game the way we did, we should see the same character do what we made them do.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Arczu]An animated movie somewhat akin to how Square used FFVII to make Advent Children could be good. Since the Zelda series is no stranger to new beginnings, I can see how another origin story could be done. It would, however, have to be a lot better than the usual "Big bag guy takes over Hyrule, must collect magical items to stop him, and wtf Zelda is actually this girl who you pretty much figured was Zelda all along."

I'd rather it remains wishful thinking, however. Knowing Nintendo's tendency to dance on the line between what's a creative liberty and what's destroying the francise, as well as everyone else's lack of creative design in the first place, I don't trust such a movie to be made just right. Perhaps it's arrogant of me to say that like I'm the all-knowing judge of such things (admittedly, I would be all for it if I had the chance to write the script), but I think I can be so bold as to say I speak for most when I say the issue is best left alone.

EDIT - Oh, I don't really trust anyone with casting for the voice actors, either, especially not game companies. I nearly ralphed when I found in Shadow the Hedgehog that they'd adopted the TV show's "Chao! Chao!" call for the Chaos. Seriously, it's Pokemon all over again.

Posted by Sk2k52

<---- Strongly against a Zelda movie and always has been. No, jsut no =/ No matter how much I love Zelda.

Posted by Xero

Lord I hope there wont be a zelda movie. That would be such a waist of money...

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, that'd have to be at least a 40" waist at least.

(Sorry, I had to say it).

Posted by Xero

Nice avy linko.

Anyways. I'm sure we could all summarize the movie right now.

Link is gonna fight, be good at it, have a bad moment and be sad, will make love to zelda, kiss her and it will end in a good way.

There you go. No need for a movie anymore.

Posted by Fragliche

Quoting Flame ghost: Link is gonna fight, be good at it, have a bad moment and be sad, will make love to zelda, kiss her and it will end in a good way.

There you go. No need for a movie anymore.

If a Zelda Movie were to be made, that would probably be only half right.

I honestly don't want to see them to make a Zelda movie. If they did, I would expect it (like Linko said) to be something new and interesting. Because if they made a movie out of Ganondorf capturing Zelda, Link thus having to save her and become the legend of legends... it would just drag everything out.

Now if they went and did something completely spontaneous like they did with Wind Waker, it wouldn't be half bad. Only, you know, without Ganondorf. d=

Posted by Xero

Ganondorf? Yeah...maybe he would be a good antagonist in that movie. I hope they will add old bosses too if a movie is created eventually. Bosses like twinrova, the ghost (ganon's) etc.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, Ganon would be the only reason I would see the movie. Assuming it was along the lines of Ganondorf from OoT.

Though the idea of adding older bosses sounds fairly dumb, unless it was more of a cameo type of thing. And even then...

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, Ganon would be the only reason I would see the movie. Assuming it was along the lines of Ganondorf from OoT.

Though the idea of adding older bosses sounds fairly dumb, unless it was more of a cameo type of thing. And even then...

Did ganon appear in any other zelda games vampiro?

I think older bosses would be a great idea, cuz then link will have a bit more challenge during the movie. If he just fights against one ennemy during the entire movie, it wont last long...

Posted by Fate

Link with a voice, an actual personality, and an existent liking for the princess sounds like a great idea to me. He had it all in the animated series. Perhaps it could be tweaked a little to be more modern, but I don't see the problem. He had a bit of a personality in WW, and I liked it.

And Ganon would be the most badass ever, if they do make him like the OoT version. Personally, I'd prefer the movie be computer animated.

Posted by nich

Quoting Fate: Link with a voice, an actual personality, and an existent liking for the princess sounds like a great idea to me. He had it all in the animated series. Perhaps it could be tweaked a little to be more modern, but I don't see the problem. He had a bit of a personality in WW, and I liked it.

And Ganon would be the most badass ever, if they do make him like the OoT version. Personally, I'd prefer the movie be computer animated.

I agree with everything you said, but I still don't want a Zelda movie, I know somehow they would ruin it. Maybe in future games link will have more personality I liked WW for that reason.

Quoted post: Did ganon appear in any other zelda games vampiro?

... you haven't played many Zelda games, have you?

He's been in The Legend of Zelda, AoL (cameo, I think), LttP, OoT, OoA/S, WW, and 4S.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: ... you haven't played many Zelda games, have you?

He's been in The Legend of Zelda, AoL (cameo, I think), LttP, OoT, OoA/S, WW, and 4S.

Well I played OoT and MM on N64, but thats all. Dint know he appeared in any other games. Thanx for telling me ;)

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro: AoL (cameo, I think)

Yeah, you only saw him in death. The idea was that the blood of his killer would bring Ganon back, so when you lost all your lives, his shadowy figure appeared and made a laughing sound. The main villian/final boss of that game, however, was Shadow Link.

Posted by Dexter

Anyone remember that old Japanese Zelda commercial back in the Super Nintendo days? It was like Ridley Scott's Legend with additional dance and music.

And Fate's right. That Zelda show totally gave Link some character. He was hilarious.

EDIT: I found the commercial.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3057550654128149687&q=zelda+commercial

ha

Posted by Xero

Lol. That video was funny dexter!

Quoted post: And Fate's right. That Zelda show totally gave Link some character. He was hilarious.

Hilarious in a really cheesy way.