Son of the Mask

Posted by Mixhael

I'll just assume that the people in America who gave Son of the Mask $9,100,115 were forced at gun point. Seriously. How did this thing land in the top 5 movies over the weekend?? That talking baby and spunky dog must have been too much to ignore.

Hotel Rwanda was released 9 weeks ago, millions of critics gave it 5-star reviews, and its only made $17 mil. In just one weekend, this sorry excuse for a sequel made more than half that. Limited release, yes I know, but stilllll. Please think about this

Posted by Bebop

It does look terrible. I would preferred it more if they ignored where the mask came from:Loki. I would have also liked it more if it was a true sequel.

Posted by Corrupt

I remember seeing the previews for the first time, and I immediately thought: "Oh, no... they wouldn't." And apparently they did... but at least I can say that I won't ever fork over nine bucks or so to see that piece of trash. It's really sad how all the "eye-popping" special effects movies get a lot of the attention nowadays...

Posted by Axis

[Color=Black]

I dont know why producers of that of that movie would think it would sell well. Maybe because of kids...oh wait thats right, even my 8 year old cousin thought it looked dumb :)

[/color]

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Inzo: [Color=Black]I dont know why producers of that of that movie would think it would sell well.[/color]

Erica and Scott probably trust what Lawrence Guterman will do with this project, since Cats & Dogs did so well. Hotel Rwanda would be a much better experience.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting los angeles: I'll just assume that the people in America who gave Son of the Mask $9,100,115 were forced at gun point.

it cost $100 million to make and the studio stands to lose something like $50 million on it (i'm liberally assuming that it'll make around $50 million when you factor the rest of it's run, overseas ticket sales, and the inevitable dvd sales), so i'm happy.

edit: note [url=http://imdb.com/chart/bottom]this[/url].

Posted by Night Owl

I think by making the son of the mask there making Jim Carrey look bad,shame shame shame

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Inzo: [Color=Black]

I dont know why producers of that of that movie would think it would sell well. Maybe because of kids...oh wait thats right, even my 8 year old cousin thought it looked dumb :)

[/color]

How could the sequel to a highly successful film not fail? That's how it works in theory and sometimes in practice. Not in this case of course. I mean, whoa, that film looks crappy.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting rivercitytecmo:
edit: note [url=http://imdb.com/chart/bottom]this[/url].

Why is The Wild World of Batwoman on that list!? :bowser:

Posted by Axis

Quoting Dexter: Hotel Rwanda would be a much better experience.

I saw the movie and was really really good. I highly recommend for you to go watch it.

Posted by Dexter

I look forward to seeing it, but I doubt I'll see it in theaters, assuming it is still playing in them. Million Dollar Baby was the most recent film I saw in theaters, but that was a special occasion for Hilary. I wouldn't be surprise if I don't go to a film theater again until Batman Begins is in there. I am much more comfortable watching films in the warmth of my own den, naturally.

Posted by Pacifico

I would not mind the presence of this movie in theaters, if it was not a sequel to the first mask with Jim Carrey. Oh it angers me...

Posted by Mystic Hero

I myself thought it was stupid. Just by viewing the commercial I could tell it would be a waist of time and money. I much enjoyed the first one, but this second one just seemed unnecesary. This is another one of those films that I think just don't need a part 2 to come out. The Mask is one that should have been left alone after the first came out, a second one is just over doing it.

Now I think why it got into the top 5 is because it attracts the younger generation of children. It's got a little dog(almost all little kids love dogs right?), it's got a little baby that does wild things which attrats kids to the movie to see what the baby is going to do and what role the dog has in it. But since most of us here are older, it may not appeal to our liking.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Dexter: Why is The Wild World of Batwoman on that list!? :bowser:

their best and worst lists are compiled as a result of people voting, meaning there are fanboys and anti-fanboys (people who, for some reason, dedicate themselves to ****ing on certain things). take a look at the "[url=http://imdb.com/chart/top]top 250[/url] (it used to be worse; all three LOTR movies used to be in the top five).

Posted by Burrito

A lot of times the popularity of the first movie can get a lot of people to watch the second, even though it's crap. These guys should be shot for making a mask movie without Jim Carrey. The Mask probably wouldn't have been half as good without Jim Carrey.

Posted by Bebop

They probably asked Jim Carrey but after he said no, and the demand for a Mask sequel grew that had no other alternative. Well, they could have not made one but this is Hollywood movie producers we're talking about here.

Posted by Xero

Yeah...Jim carrey is my favorite comedy actor. I was sad to learn that he was not going to play in this movie. This is probably why I wont go see that movie!!!

Posted by Ch

I saw the previews. Looked terrible. Even the name is so..... unoriginal."Son of The Mask?" The effects are really corny, and I just don't like Jaimie Kennedy. And I don't think we'll ever hear about it again until a few months later when it's already on DVD and VHS.

Posted by Xero

Also, the baby does not have to put the mask to do funny stuff, witch kinda breaks the story apart...

Posted by Scorpion

Also, if it is, "The Son of the Mask" doesn't that mean Jamie Kennedy's wife had an affair with Loki...?! WTF!? Also I think, as it has been said, that Jim Carrey should have been in it. They should have had something where the mask came back to him and he couldn't resist the temptation of it and put it on and when Loki came to get the mask he found Stanley(jim carey) with the mask on and he kinda had to have an on-going battle with the masked Stanely to get it back. I think that would be good.

P.S. Did anyone notice the dog in Son of the Mask is the same breed as the dog in the first Mask?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Also, if it is, "The Son of the Mask" doesn't that mean Jamie Kennedy's wife had an affair with Loki...?! WTF!?

...no. Kenndy finds the mask like Jim Carey did, puts it on and while in Mask form he has sex with his wife. Thus, the baby is born with super powers.