the old sonic games are the best

Posted by fig roll

i loved the old 2d sonic games, the new 3D ones are ok but can not compare to the greatness on the old megadrive games.
what do you think?

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, the oldies are the best, but I also think that the two most recent 3D games are highly underrated. Heck, I really like Shadow the Hedgehog. (The game, not the character. I still think he's so very overrated.)

Nothing will top S3&K. EVER.

Posted by Raptor

I'm fairly certain a majority of Sonic fanatics who started off playing the original games would agree with you. I have not played any of the Sonic games released after Sonic 3D Blast (1996) and have never had the slightest hankering to either. I am positive they would fail to capture my interest and imagination like the original side-scrollers did. When it comes to gaming, though, I am Retro with a capital 'R,' and 95% of the games I play are from the 80's and 90's, so my opinion is automatically biased.

Posted by Klarth

I really dislike the redesigns they slapped onto Sonic and co after 3D blast came out - Most of all, the design for "Eggman" just scares me. And as for dull characters like Shadow and Rogue, just... No.

[quote=Zeta]Nothing will top S2&K. EVER.
fixeded.

Posted by Alex_DX

[SIZE="4"]Yes the old sonic games are more interesting then the 3D games but I think that Shadow the hedgehog is the coolest[/SIZE]

Posted by fig roll

I was shocked when shadow got his own game, whats next! its bad enough they put in all these extra characters to make the games seem better but giving him his own game was wrong.
They should do 3D remakes of the original games, or like the level you can play at the end of sonic adventure 2....... or so i'm told.