Final Fantasy X, who loves this game

Posted by fig roll

When i brought Final Fantasy X, i had never played any Final Fantasy games bofore, i dont remember why i brought it but from the begining i was hooked.
I cant think of a bad thing to say about it, please say what you think.

Posted by Alex_DX

I think FinalFantasy is not sow bad but I recoment the first players of this game is to play Final Fantasy 9

Posted by Klarth

Second-worst FF game next to FFVII.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Klarth]Second-worst FF game next to FFVII.

Seriously? Even worse than FFTA? Whatever...

Posted by Klarth

FFTA was a surprisingly good tactics RPG, but Square have done better.

cough Bahamut Lagoon cough.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I find it hard to imagine that there is a person who is so brain dead that they fail to find a reasonable argument against FFX. But just incase such in inbred moron does actually exist, here are a few that I've come up with.:D

1) Tidus looks EXACTLY like Meg Ryan.
2) Tidus is a whiney *****, who essentially turns the game into a 30 hour linkin park song whining about his daddy not loving him.
3) The characters, in general, have absolutely no personality, and what little conflict there is in the game is both predictable and uninspiring.
4) Chocobos? Nope.
5) ****ING MEG RYAN

Posted by William

[quote]4) Chocobos? Nope.

Chocobos? Yes. There are chocobos in the game, and there are also various mini-games involving the chocobos.

First time I played FFX, I didn't like it at all. I even dubbed it as one of the worst Final Fantasy games to date. However, during my second playthrough, I actually started to enjoy the game. It's not that bad really, if you include all of the various subquests and extra things you can do in the game aside from the linear plot itself.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The chocobo quests were pathetic.

[quote]Second-worst FF game next to FFVII.

Ever played X-2? Thought not.

FFX's ending battle was the most terrible final battle I've ever seen. But other than a few details, I enjoyed FFX.

Posted by Arczu

Holy geez... here I was thinking there were only a FEW things that annoyed me in the game.

But I give this game props to being only of the very few that breaks the limits a usual RPG sets (like 9999 damage).

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, honestly, FFX wasn't a terrible game. For example, I'd rather play FFX than [url=http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/images2/britney_spears_7.jpg]Britney's Dance Beat[/url].

However, I am bothered when I hear that FFX is the first FF that someone played. When it's not FFX, it's FF7. They're always like FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF10.

Seriously, you guys, there were 6 numbered series games before 7 came out. Six of them. Play them and then talk about FF games.

Regarding the FF7 thing. It was a good game, and that can't be denied. I mean, look how successful it was. It was freaking huge. How many games before that had TV commercials? Not too many, around here. And I know, I watched a lot of TV.

I didn't like FF8 (sorry Angelwing). I've tried and tried to play the game, but I just can't get into it. I'd rather be playing it than [url=http://www.torontopics.com/digital/games/britmad.jpg]Britney's Dance Beat[/url], but that's not saying much.

FFTA was good. Not as good as FFT, but not as bad as [url=http://www.pixelpainting.com/free/desktop_wallpaper_3/britney_spears_800.jpg] Britney's Dance Beat[/url].

Posted by Klarth

[quote]Well, honestly, FFX wasn't a terrible game. For example, I'd rather play FFX than Britney's Dance Beat.
"Crucifixion can't be that bad. I'd rather be crucified than raped."

uuuuyyyy

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting William: First time I played FFX, I didn't like it at all. I even dubbed it as one of the worst Final Fantasy games to date. However, during my second playthrough, I actually started to enjoy the game. It's not that bad really, if you include all of the various subquests and extra things you can do in the game aside from the linear plot itself.

Stockholm Syndrom.

Posted by Random

Quoting Klarth: Second-worst FF game next to FFVII.

Poor Klarth you must not have played many FF's.

X-2 was by far the worst followed by CC, then FFTA, and a few others inbetween. X was terrible but not as bad as X-2 or CC.

Posted by Xenos

FFVII was average at best--the graphics were nice in some aspect, ****ty in others. Storyline-wise? Boring and overrated. If it wasn't so praised by the fans, I wouldn't be as bothered, but people act as if it was a novel deemed, "Timeless Classic."

IX was very old-school, I enjoyed/loved it, but apparently not too many people agree with me on that aspect.

VIII, sorry guys, I plain hated.

Posted by Riku

i for one loved this game. at the time i hadnt played many RPGs so this game seemed to have a great story while i was playing it. and in reality its not that bad. it is a little overused, but then again it was made 5 years ago. the graphics are really good even for modern time. the game is long and can be capturing. to me, the charectars did have a personality and i felt like i built a relation with them. some of the bosses were fairly difficult if you didnt sit for hours training so you generally had to have some strategy. overall i give this game 9/10.

and half of america will think im crazy for this, but i actually had alotta fun with x-2. if you overlook everything except the graphic and gameplay, the game was actually fun.

ffta was also alotta fun.
VII was amazing
DoS was ok i just couldnt get hooked
VIII flat out sucked

havent got around to playing the rest.what others are truly worth playing.

Posted by Xenos

Graphics was good, the gameplay? :chainsaw:

Posted by Ant

I actually thought the battle system was fresh and pretty fun in X-2. It's the storyline that it was lacking in, which is main factor in any Final Fantasy game(or any RPG for that matter).

Posted by Lord of Spam

I refuse to pay Square $40 in order to earn the right to play pretty princess dress me up.

Posted by Twilight Chick

I just recintly bought the game... it's cool. My favorite though has got to be FF9

Posted by Klarth

[quote=SomebodyRandom]Poor Klarth you must not have played many FF's.
Yep, I suppose that FF, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFX, FFX-2, FFT, FFTA, FF:MQ, FFL, FFL2 and FFL3 don't actually count as Final Fantasy games. Silly me!

Posted by Arczu

X-2 = What the hell were they thinking? Sure the fight system was great, but, when you have a story like that in which Yuna, who appeared to by shy in FFX, starts saying crap like "Oh poopie!", you really wonder if they were being serious. But I liked that song 1,000 Words. My prospect changed a bit when I heard that song.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I really hope that people are just kidding when they say that a battle system in which changing your clothes changes what you are capable of is good.

I mean seriously. Wtf.

Posted by LinkTetra

I LOVED the game. I actually bought a PS2 because I wanted to play it. The storyline was AWESOME, and I loved the leveling system. :)

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=LinkTetra]I LOVED the game. I actually bought a PS2 because I wanted to play it.

Dang...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Klarth: Yep, I suppose that FF, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFX, FFX-2, FFT, FFTA, FF:MQ, FFL, FFL2 and FFL3 don't actually count as Final Fantasy games. Silly me!

What did you think of FFVI?

Ahem** No, I did not really like FFX all that much *ahem*

I suppose I just like the old FF style more than this new stuff. FFX was too linear. I mean... Well, it was mostly Cinematic. Like, in FF7, a cinematic sequence was a treat. A reward. Something to marvel about. But FFX was mostly cinematic, with a bit of walking and fighting in between.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Fei-on]What did you think of FFVI?
Second-best in the series next to FFV.

Posted by fig roll

I think the fight mode in FFX is better than in FFX2 and the story in FFX is a lot better!

Posted by pham1295

I wouldnt said any game in the serial is good or bad
It just that i like it or not
I mean come on! These are Asian game it not necessary to suit anyone from differ region . We all have differ background so maybe u guy dont like the game but they crazy with it in Japan for some reason

Posted by Klarth

Quoting pham1295: I wouldnt said any game in the serial is good or bad
I mean come on! These are Asian game it not necessary to suit anyone from differ region . We all have differ background so maybe u guy dont like the game but they crazy with it in Japan for some reason

Speak English or die.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting pham1295: I wouldnt said any game in the serial is good or bad

So, you're saying that because some people like it and some don't, we should just stop discussing it all together?

Posted by Zabuza

Yes. But I still want to say FF9 is cool.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

It may sound pathetic, but I have only played on two Final Fantasy games. The first, FFX. I thought was good because of the aeons. The second game was FFX-2, well it's not as bad as people say but it is no where near as good as the previous game. The battle system was good and everything but it made me wonder if this game was purposly made to attract more female gamers into playing the series or, that the Japs are a bunch of perves and are willing do anything to keep themselves "entertained".I also thought the ending was a bag of ****.A very disappointing game.

Posted by fig roll

That's right, I liked FFX a lot better than FFX2, I mean what was the storyline again, FFX at least made sense, as for the Japs being a bunch of perves, well were have you been the last 300 years, most of the stuff they make is for there own personal pleasure, as for attracting more girls into playing, that could be true because most of the girls I know don’t even know what a Playstation is.
(This is not trying to offend Japanese people or be sexist to girls, sorry if it offends anyone)

Posted by The Prince of Persia

I hope that no one is offended by my post either, because it is not intended to do so.

Posted by Tojis21

actually i love this so much b cuz i was in this contest here in our country

nad actually i was no. 18 on the one who finished it and my cousin is first

place and he win a computer ahh that was along tym ago about FFX releases on 2002 jun 17 honestlt!!!!! if yould as me i will tell everything i know

Posted by Traund

Yes its now official Final Fantasy 13 is to be released on the Xbox 360
Its no Longer Exlusive to the PS3
What are your thoughts?
Is Anyone Angry Im not

Posted by netman

Theres no need to be angry about it. It'll introduce a large audience to Final Fantasy 13, and that can only be good.

PS3 still has Final Fantasy Versus 13 as an exclusive, though.

Posted by Stalolin

The Playstation will probably lose more exclusives along the way, due to the 360's growing popularity. It would only upset PS3 fanboys, as they're the only ones who want something to be purely exclusive to the system.

I've got no problem with 13 being released for it, considering it's the only way I'd be able to play it. I still don't intend to purchase a PS3 anytime soon, and 13 seems like it's going to be a larger hit that 12.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'm pleased because I didn't want to buy a PS3 just to play it.

Posted by Playend09

Im also waited for the europe release of this game, I cant wait to play this game.
Ive so far have noticed two people at my Uni who have imported it in and were playing it during lectures, with both of them saying it was a great game to play.
Cant wait to try it out myself