ipod problem

Posted by loony636

Okay...So my ipod is now outside its warranty and has now stopped working. Its gonna cost me $70 JUST TO FIND OUT what the problem is and I really don't want to do that. What happens is:

I turn it on
And nothing happens; no menu, no nothing.

Can anyone help me? This is really annoying.

Posted by The Punisher

Does the back light come on?

Posted by loony636

Yes.

Posted by Richaod

wtf, you don't even have an iPod. Is it your cousin's?

Hold down Play and Menu for 10 seconds, and if that doesn't work try Menu and the middle button (I can never remember which combination it is). Regardless, it shouldn't cost you any money just to take it to an iPod store and get them to "diagnose" it.

Posted by Trigger

Hopefully [URL="http://playlistmag.com/help/2004/09/trubipod/index.php"]this website[/URL] will help you troubleshooting your iPod, Loony. I don't own an iPod and anyone that I know who has one hasn't had this issue, so I'm not sure if the website will be of much help for you.

Posted by loony636

You're right, it was my cousins, for the ease of the conversation I was just going to let it be 'mine'.

I'll tell her to do that and see what happens.

Posted by mis0

Throw it on the ground, and stomp on it. Repeat as necessary.

Honestly, iPods are kinda fragile so with mine I've tried to keep them in pristine condition with all the original packaging, so I can take it to Wal*mart and say "I got this as a gift and it doesn't work." They've exchanged one for me, and one for my friend, thusfar. :cool:

Posted by misogenie

[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Cyan"]Very few, tiny power surges sound like popcorn crackling and can be recorded when downloading songs from internet to ipod. When using the house mains and if no expensive power surge protector is used, the ipod can be a player with popcorn sound effects.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by loony636

Well, I told her to do everything that everyone said, and nothing worked...Oh well...she'll have to fix it herself.

Posted by Xeal

Warning this will delete all of the data stored on the iPod
Connect the ipod to your computer, open the iPod updater and restore it.

See if it will work.

Posted by GameMiestro

I advise not restoring it...

Posted by Hyper

I advise getting a Cowon iAudio or a Creative Zen :)

Posted by mis0

I won't advise you to try my scam but it totally works.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Hyper]I advise getting a Cowon iAudio or a Creative Zen :)

I HAVE THE COWON. IT'S AWESOME. GET IT. YEAH. wait, woops. I meant... YEEAAAH.

Posted by Xeal

Quoting GameMiestro: I advise not restoring it...

Why not? Is there something I do not know of? o_O

Posted by Xeal

Quoting GameMiestro: I advise not restoring it...

Why not? Is there something I do not know of? o_O

Posted by Richaod

Honestly, restoring it probably is a good idea.

When mine failed, it wasn't even being detected by the computer... :(