IGN Predicts 2006 Pt 1 Xbox 360

Posted by Random

Here's the Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

It basically talks about them saying they believe Microsoft is making deals with Rockstar games to have the GTA series released on the 360 the same time as the PS3. Also talks about KOTOR 3 in developement. Which is ironic because it talks about both games believed to be 2007 releases and yet the article talks about 2006 predictions.

My Xbox 360 predictions:

-It'll sell better than the Xbox (Which sold 21 Million Units, 2nd place overall in the console war).
-Huge sales with titles like: Kotor 3, Halo 3, Fable 2, GTA 4 (If thats the title), Resident Evil 5, Gundam, etc..
-Xbox Live will grow and have around 4-15 million online subscribers
-Steal more of Sonys thunder but yet may not gain the lead
-Gains Japanese support in time. It'll take time but with more Japanese titles being released, it'll gain more support in due time.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: -Gains Japanese support in time. It'll take time but with more Japanese titles being released, it'll gain more support in due time.

Due time as in probably not in the 360's period, some of the new Japanese RPG's being released may bring in Japan a little, but I doubt it's gonna be anything really significant in the 360's life, possible, yes, but I just don't see it happening.

Posted by Random

It may though.. Theres a japanese developer developing games for the 360 that is thought of as a gaming God in japan. So who knows? Depends on how the games turn out.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: It may though.. Theres a japanese developer developing games for the 360 that is thought of as a gaming God in japan. So who knows? Depends on how the games turn out.

Thought of as a God, do you realize what kinda of statement that even is?

Anyway, Japanese company's and developers have developed for Microsoft before, believe it or not, it's not that new, but one or two games just won't sell a whole console when all the others just aren't appealing or on another console with more appealing titles, it's that simple.

Posted by Random

All i'm saying is all it takes is some titles that the Japanese want and the 360 will start selling. Granted Sony seems to be #1 in most of the Japanese eyes, I think the 360 will improve in Japan.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: All i'm saying is all it takes is some titles that the Japanese want and the 360 will start selling. Granted Sony seems to be #1 in most of the Japanese eyes, I think the 360 will improve in Japan.

Oh, yes, I believe it will too, but if it doesn't to a certain point over the original Xbox I can honestly say Microsoft should just stop wasting time and money and pull outta Japan.

Posted by Random

Now I don't know this to be true. And to be honest I can't find the source. However I saw a decent source that believed to have Final Fantasy XIII (Which XII isn't even out yet) and Dragon Quest VIII should be out for the 360. If this happens it'll also gain more japanese support. Especially if the PS3 costs too much and the better PS3 titles are on the 360.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Now I don't know this to be true. And to be honest I can't find the source. However I saw a decent source that believed to have Final Fantasy XIII (Which XII isn't even out yet) and Dragon Quest VIII should be out for the 360. If this happens it'll also gain more japanese support. Especially if the PS3 costs too much and the better PS3 titles are on the 360.

Considering how you have no source except promises of a 'decent source' and the fact I have not heard one thing about this being fact except wishful thinking, I doubt it.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Now I don't know this to be true. And to be honest I can't find the source. However I saw a decent source that believed to have Final Fantasy XIII (Which XII isn't even out yet) and Dragon Quest VIII should be out for the 360. If this happens it'll also gain more japanese support. Especially if the PS3 costs too much and the better PS3 titles are on the 360.

That's a lot of questionable rumors you've been reading, and I'm not talking about this post alone. A lot of crazy things are found online, even from "decent sources," especially when the newest generation of gaming slowly arrives.

To use the IGN prediction of GTA coming out for the 360 as soon as the PS3 version simply because Microsoft and Rockstar are "in talks", there are constant talks among developers at all times. There're a million deals on the table at every turn, so saying a company will choose one over the other is nothing but a wild guess as we won't know what's being offered until the deal is done. People were surprised when Factor 5 "left" Nintendo to concentrate on developing for Sony's PS3, but the truth later came out that the praised developer was in talks with Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft, and it was Sony's willingness to allow F5 to make its own original properties that persuaded them into PS3's camp. And I can't imagine anyone questioning their reasons either, since we can all imagine Microsoft couldn't have been cheap with its monetary offers.

In other words, don't even bother with rumors, and certainly don't use them as a foothold for predicting one console's success.