Should the Simpsons get a time skip?

Posted by brownoystercult

I think it'd be pretty cool. As of late the show has been pretty dead, and finally having Bart go through puberty and Lisa maybe becoming a professional musician could be nice. A fresh twist..

Or they should just stop making seasons as a whole. They've been becoming way too redundant lately, and if they're going to keep this up; they'll go more downhill.

Thoughts? Should the Simpsons keep going? Should they have it occur in another period of time? Or should they stop making seasons?

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah I think the series should give up for awile, then make an apperance every holiday (such as Halloween, Christmas, etc.) and Maybe some new episodes once in a long wile.

Posted by Moogs

Well, Family Guy made the Stewie Griffin DVD and it had a time skip in it I don't see why Simpsons can't do it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yes, but at the heart of The Untold Story was the idea that actually, Stewie was still a baby.

The Simpsons have done something similar (Lisa getting married to Hugh, for example), but always as the same thing - at the end, everything goes back to normal for the purposes of the show.

The reason The Simpsons went downhill was because Matt Groening left to work on Futurama. Now he's back, I've noticed them picking up again.

Posted by Killer Jordo

This is what is going to happen. The Simpsons are going to have a few more seasons. The nthey will have their final blow out. A movie. IT has been roumered that the movie is already in production. So yeah, for those of you who hate it, you can say "good ridance". For me since I love it I'm saying "I'll miss ya"

Posted by Crazy K

I personally dont hate the show. I do watch it some times here and there, but I just dont find it as good as it used to be. But A movie does sound like a cool idea.

Posted by bazariah

rumour has it that episode 500 will be the movie.... and since we are at like 340/350 or so it'll be a long way off

anyways... on topic:

i think they should just leave it as it is now, look at what happened when they made the time-skip version of rugrats (all grownup) it sucked in comparison to the original show, if they made a permanent grown up version of the simpsons it would just lose all of it's appeal

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting bazariah:
i think they should just leave it as it is now, look at what happened when they made the time-skip version of rugrats (all grownup) it sucked in comparison to the original show, if they made a permanent grown up version of the simpsons it would just lose all of it's appeal

But you see..the Rugrats has always sucked.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Roinkz: But you see..the Rugrats has always sucked.

cant argue with that, but then the original is so much better than the spin-off... :D

Posted by ZipCrash

I just recently became a simpsons fan, but yea 17 season of everybody being the same age is enough. I would like to see some kind of thing, maybe like a spin off where they are older. Much like rugrats grown up, expect of course good and not childish. lol

Posted by Klarth

Futurama-Simpsons crossover, please.

Posted by Lord of Spam

How about they just start making more episodes of Futurama and jsut stoip the simpsons all together.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Lord of Spam: How about they just start making more episodes of Futurama and jsut stoip the simpsons all together.

I'd read somewhere that they'd confirmed it for a new series and a straight-to-dvd movie.

Posted by fig roll

I love the simpsons, but the first five series were the best, now the series is too sereal, even more so than it used to be, i liked it the way it was a few years ago, i do think they need a change, but a time-skip, i don't know.
I herd they were making a movie, but theres been nothing about it on the telly. if anyone knows when or even if they are making a movie, please tell me.

Posted by mis0

I never liked the Simpsons so I think they should just stop, 'cause they're worse now than they were back in the day.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I hate to say that the Simpsons should just stop, because I absolutely love the Simpsons. But then again, the show has gotten stagnant, and it probably ought to come to an end. Perhaps this time-skip idea might pep it up a bit, for a season or two, but after that, go ahead and kill it.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I like the Simpsons, but if they did the timeskip, it'd freshen things up.

Posted by Arczu

I really don't have too many qualms with the show. It's still funny to me, but sometimes, I do feel that the episode I just watched is indeed missing something that made it so great.

Simpsons need something fresh to do, but a time-skip isn't going to solve the problem. What tends to happen is that what made a character so great, isn't there anymore. For example: Bart = mischevious boy. If you replaced the right side with "lazy old man (with relatively few wisecracks)", you have lost the character.