Do you have a band and what is it called

Posted by xboxchamp

I don't have a band

Posted by Porcupine

I have a band, it's called The Syndicate, we formed a couple months ago now and we dabble in various types of music ranging from Traditional Folk to Heavy Metal.

There are four of us and we don't really have consistent roles. It was originally supposed to be guitar/vox, guitar, bass (that's me), drums, but we decided to incoporate more instruments, swap around a lot, etc. Influences include Iron Maiden, Streelight Manifesto, Deep Purple and some emo bands I don't bother to listen to. :cool:

Posted by MetalVox~55

Yes I do.

Aphotic Sinfonia
Progressive/Melodic-Death Metal

3 members, 2 others in tryouts, and in search of a vocalist.

Posted by Richaod

Would you guys be able to link to any samples you have? That'd probably make this thread a bit more interesting...

Posted by The Punisher

Well as some people know I’m the vocalist in Auschwitz Thunder Pig. We now have a drummer and a bassist, use to be just guitars and vocals. You can check some early stuff out on http://AuschwitzThunderPig.metalhordes.com The quality on the recording is really bad, so if you listen to it, don’t judge our whole performance on it. =) It was made back in October, and before we record again we want enough material to put out a five song demo, then we will hit some studio or something decent.

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting Richaod: Would you guys be able to link to any samples you have? That'd probably make this thread a bit more interesting...

We had a recording session last week, I might post the tracks from then when I get them back. Depends how they came out.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Yes, my band is called Crepitation. We are Progressive Thrash Metal. As of right now we are in search of a bassist and a vocalist, we already have rhythm and lead guitar, and drums *me*. Sorry I don't have any links, all of our stuff is recorded on tape right now.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Richaod: Would you guys be able to link to any samples you have? That'd probably make this thread a bit more interesting...

second'd

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The quality on the recording is really bad,

Needs more black metal. Then, and only then, would the quality be acceptable.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've worked with several musicians, but honestly, I'm too much of a control freak.

When I write a song, I write the whole song. Guitars, bass, drums, and anything else in it. So I find a drummer, and we jam for a bit, and I play the song on the drums for him, and ask him to do it just like that. But he doesn't. Other musicians always try to put their own spin on my songs, and I can't deal with that. It's my song that is expressing a feeling of mine. How can they write parts for a song if they didn't experience the song's origin? If the drummer wrote a song and asked me to play guitar a certain way, I would do exactly as he wanted HIS song to sound.

Having said that, I did record some solo stuff where I just play all the instruments. You can hear a few tracks [url=http://www.myspace.com/feion]Here[/url], if you'd like.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting Fei-on: I've worked with several musicians, but honestly, I'm too much of a control freak.

When I write a song, I write the whole song. Guitars, bass, drums, and anything else in it. So I find a drummer, and we jam for a bit, and I play the song on the drums for him, and ask him to do it just like that. But he doesn't. Other musicians always try to put their own spin on my songs, and I can't deal with that. It's my song that is expressing a feeling of mine. How can they write parts for a song if they didn't experience the song's origin? If the drummer wrote a song and asked me to play guitar a certain way, I would do exactly as he wanted HIS song to sound.

Having said that, I did record some solo stuff where I just play all the instruments. You can hear a few tracks [url=http://www.myspace.com/feion]Here[/url], if you'd like.

You've got Dave Mustaine syndrome.

Posted by Fragliche

[quote=Shin_Akuma]You've got Dave Mustaine syndrome
Known to lead to a life of fast music, fast women and fast lawsuits.

I used to be in a band called Forgotten Sinners, a Speed/ Thrash Metal band. I was the bassist and vocalist and wrote most of the lyrics and music. We didn't bother with any demos or any thing because it was just a summer project, and I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Fei-on: I've worked with several musicians, but honestly, I'm too much of a control freak.

Yeah, but I'm sure someone who is actually a drummer will change your parts so that they fit better with the song. I'm sure a real drummer would know how to make a song good on drums, because you know, they're actually drummers.

Posted by Dragner

Well I'm in a band but its not mine. Its called CWS But I forgot what it stands for. But it doesnt matter all I do is make the loops and programing.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Irrelevant: Yeah, but I'm sure someone who is actually a drummer will change your parts so that they fit better with the song. I'm sure a real drummer would know how to make a song good on drums, because you know, they're actually drummers.

How can someone write a better part for my song? When I write the song, I hear the whole song in my head, and play each instrument, exactly as I hear it. It's my song, a representation of my thoughts. No one can write something that fits better because whatever they wrote isn't what I heard in my head when thought up the song. I'm open to suggestion, but I don't like my song to be changed. Of course, I don't care if they use different fills than I would on the drums, or maybe add some open high hat where I would've done it closed, but I'm talking when they try to change it too much.

If that drummer wrote a guitar or bass or vocal part, and told me how they wanted it done, I'd offer suggestion, but ultimately, I'd let them shape their song the way they heard it in their head, instead of twisting it around myself.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Fei-on: How can someone write a better part for my song? When I write the song, I hear the whole song in my head, and play each instrument, exactly as I hear it. It's my song, a representation of my thoughts. No one can write something that fits better because whatever they wrote isn't what I heard in my head when thought up the song. I'm open to suggestion, but I don't like my song to be changed. Of course, I don't care if they use different fills than I would on the drums, or maybe add some open high hat where I would've done it closed, but I'm talking when they try to change it too much.

If that drummer wrote a guitar or bass or vocal part, and told me how they wanted it done, I'd offer suggestion, but ultimately, I'd let them shape their song the way they heard it in their head, instead of twisting it around myself.

That may be so, but as far I as know, you are not a real drummer, so you probably don 't know a lot of things about drumming. That said, do you think you can express your emotions better than someone who actually knows how to play drums? Additionally, I don't see how a drummer could do that much massacre to your songs. The drums sound pretty simple to me. I hope your jamming drummer didn't add something too complicated to your songs!!!

Also, drums are completely different than guitar parts. Anybody can put bass-snare-bass-snare into almost any song. However, a drummer can write different parts so that the song sounds better. It isn't about them twisting it to make it more to their liking, it's about taking your song and making it better.

Because they're better than you at it. :)