what is the wierdest thing a video game did while you played it?

Posted by xboxchamp

every time I shot someone everyone else on the map would feel the hit, it was cool

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Let's see...I fell through the floor in Aidyn Chronicles, but I think everyone (all 6 people) who played that game experienced that a few times. Strangely enough, after my character was done falling through empty black space, he just reappeared on the surface again, and I could keep playing the game, so at least I didn't have to reset the game or anything. That's the best one that I can think of off the top of my head.

Posted by Klarth

The same thing regularly happens to me on GTA: San Andreas (and, come to think of it, I think it's happened on a few of the other 3D GTA games, too).

Also, everything non-glitch-related that occurs in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Posted by neonmole

I was playing The Getaway and I walked into a wall and ended up in a world of pure white! There was nothing there, just whiteness, I just walked around in it, but it got boring so I had to restart.

Posted by Dexter

When I first got my Nintendo 64 and was playing Shadows of the Empire, all the sudden I starting turning into the bad guys and was able to control them. It only did that once and later on I discovered secrets on how to turn into the bad guys. That was an odd experience. Fun stuff, too.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]The same thing regularly happens to me on GTA: San Andreas (and, come to think of it, I think it's happened on a few of the other 3D GTA games, too).

Also, everything non-glitch-related that occurs in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Yeah, I used to get that on Body Harvest all the time. Rockstar can't program worth shit.

Posted by GameMiestro

When the entire environment turned invisible in Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Posted by Mystic Hero

While playing Guild Wars I discovered a glitch that let me go back to the past for a breef moment. The game got all screwy for a few minutes when it happened.

While playing Mario Sunshine, Mario suddenly got all distorted for a few minutes and eventually turned completely transparent. It was kind of fun to play with a trasparent Mario for a while, but then soon after my game froze up on me.

Posted by Crazy K

In GTA SA I had this foreclift or something, and I tried to lift a garbage can off the street. And when I lifted the Garbage can I started to fly up in the sky up until the garbage can fell off the foreclift.

Posted by Shinsei

The weirdest thing? Umm.. Well, I remember playing Gun, and when I was going to scalp a guy, I fell through the floor and ended up in a pit of never-ending darkness. It was quite the experience..

Posted by Klarth

Oh, another weird GTA glitch: I went out into the badlands and stole a tractor, and tried towing a Roadtrain with it.

Try it for yourself. It does something quite odd to the game's physics engine.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

The weirdest thing I've ever done is fall through corners in a couple of games, which isn't anything too weird really. However, this happened to my brother and his friend a couple of days ago. They were playing Madden '06 on Playstation 2, and the screen went black for a second. Then when it came back, the football field was nothing more than a black surface, you couldn't see any lines or anything. All you could see was a bright orange line marking where the 1st down was. You could see all the players and stuff, but it was shadowed to the point where you couldn't tell the teams apart. They thought it was pretty neat, so they played out the rest of the game with it like that.

Posted by Arczu

When I was playing SSX3, I was doing a slop style event and with that starting a good run. Then when I landed the trick, I landed in-btween a rock and some snow. Thr trick landed, but a started falling into a giant void that had the mountain backgrond you could always see.

It's nothing new because it can happen in all the SSX games, but in 3 particularily, I've never seen it.

And oh SH, in FF3 awhile ago, I was gaining tons of experience from brontosouruses. I tried to sketch one and missed! But soon after that, some of the graphics started going hay wire and kinda scared me enough to avoid using it. I don't know why that happened, but it did for me.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I GTA: LCS recently, the floor textures got mixed up somehow. I have no idea whether it was linked to the controls, or what, but whenever I'd turn, the floor would turn the opposite way, and half the time I was walking on a weird distorted reflection of buildings and grass. When I completed the mission it went back to normal, but it was weird...

Posted by Dragner

Falling though floors and walking though wall happens to me a lot. But the weirdest thing would have to be when I was playing GunGrave OD I let go of the fire button and it just kept firing and the beat kept going up.

Posted by gOdOfWaR

they need to seriously fix the problems in gta before they make another one..the simpsons:roadrage game was full of them i kept flying and flying and then when it desided to hit something i kept falling and falling then went up to space and falling.lol

Posted by Fate

I was playing Perfect Dark Zero on Live and I died. When you die and depending on the game's settings, you can observe other players. When I had the chance to observe someone, this person was sniping behind a wall. Since the camera defaults to the back of the player's head and proceeds to rotate automatically, the camera would crash against a wall and go right through Jo's character model and I ended up seeing her huge round eyes through the back of her head. It was freaky, to say the least.

Posted by D.J Cat

I remember accidently doing that in Super Mario 64, getting the camera INSIDE Mario's head...

One time some friends and I were watching the intro to Goldeneye 007 and someone accidently bumped the 64 or something and Bond proceeded to do cartwheels before shooting the screen.
Then it froze.

In ISS64 if you pull the cart out slightly on one side it makes all the players turn into weird, weird moving messes of shapes, but you can still move em like normally. Sometimes there head will roll on the ground conneted to some long pole, being their neck. The commentator sounds all garbeled as do the rest of the sounds.
We found it so funny the first few times.

Posted by Alucard La croix

I was playing mario cart 64 and when i crashed some naked women walked across the screen O_o yea it sucked cause my mom walked in saw it and destroyed my system v.v

Alucard, you are hereby prevented from communicating. Ever.

I was weirded out when, on the trophy room in SSBM, you can zoom in to a Ganondorf model and see his tongue. This is because it uses the actual model, rather than a static render. Not a glitch per se, but I enjoyed it.

Posted by Nightscare

i severly doubt alucard is telling the truth. mine would be when in tony hawk's underground, i crashed while on a fence in the hawaii level and when he got up he was standing on the fence, and couldnt move. then i fell into an endless white room

Posted by Slade

A cool glitch was in Tony Hawk's 2 on the downhill racing level(..Arizona??) there was a place up on the wall where you could get stuck in midair and do as many combos as you wanted. The fun part was finally figuring out how to escape the wall and land a multi-million point combo.

Yeah, Downhill Jam. Man, I loved that level. Competitions on that were just sick.

Posted by Xeal

Quoting Klarth: Oh, another weird GTA glitch: I went out into the badlands and stole a tractor, and tried towing a Roadtrain with it.

Try it for yourself. It does something quite odd to the game's physics engine.

I did that, Lifted a tanker together with a trailer attached to it.
I went out in the streets and decided to make a 180 turn.

8 Citizens died, including me.

the tractor also died. ;__;

I just remembered - installed Painkiller on a machine with 256 RAM, GeForce 2 - it loaded everything except the level textures. I could still see the enemies, but through invisible walls - and, oddly, they could 'see' me. It took me a while to navigate around, but ended up shooting every enemy with minimum effort (including one guy who was in mid-air, apparently on top of a pyramid of something). Then I feel into a canal that I didn't know was there, and died.

Posted by Boner

Quoting xboxchamp: what is the wierdest thing a video game did while you played it?

Gave me an erection.

Posted by Azusa

I bought a copy of Ico once that was missing all of the bombs you need to progress through the levels. That's about it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Drakan: The Ancient's Gates has loads of glitches - getting caught in walls, falling through the floor, camera issues etc. Also, years and years ago, while I was playing Soul Reaver, I happened to get behind a wall, and everything went white. I was able to move all around, and eventually got back to the other side.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Fate: I was playing Perfect Dark Zero on Live and I died. When you die and depending on the game's settings, you can observe other players. When I had the chance to observe someone, this person was sniping behind a wall. Since the camera defaults to the back of the player's head and proceeds to rotate automatically, the camera would crash against a wall and go right through Jo's character model and I ended up seeing her huge round eyes through the back of her head. It was freaky, to say the least.

hey fate whats your gamer tag? i will add you i got pdz too and xbox live.
man tons of wierd things happend most of them are halarious i used to think alot of funny things happend on ps2 then when i got xbox 2 funny things would happen everyday, and it hasn't stopped. the latest funny thing that happend, was when i was at my cousins house he wanted me to beat halo 2 campain for him, well i get mad at the computer well sgt johnson was running away from me and i was trying to get his sniper rifle and he kept running away and i finally got it and i said give me it retard, and he actually answered but he was saying it to the covenent and he goes i heard that jack *** it sounded funny because of what i just said me and my cousin started laughing like crazy.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Opeth: Gave me an erection.

was it dead or alive beach volly ball?

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Fate: I was playing Perfect Dark Zero on Live and I died. When you die and depending on the game's settings, you can observe other players. When I had the chance to observe someone, this person was sniping behind a wall. Since the camera defaults to the back of the player's head and proceeds to rotate automatically, the camera would crash against a wall and go right through Jo's character model and I ended up seeing her huge round eyes through the back of her head. It was freaky, to say the least.

hey you got PDZ? whats your gamer tag. i got it too and xbox live

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting VerachiIsPimP: hey you got PDZ? whats your gamer tag. i got it too and xbox live

She doesn't. If she's ever on Live she'll likely be playing DoA4.

Let's see... this just happened yesterday. I was playing Resident Evil 4 on the GCN, and Ashley got stuck trying to walk over a body while trying to follow me. I turned around and just stared at Ashley as she was running straight at me without actually advancing. The problem was I stood directly in the middle coordinate away from the body, so as long as I stayed in that range, it didn't matter how far I got away from Ashley. She would just try to follow by running towards an invisible wall. I'm assuming she centers on Leon to track him, which is why she got stuck, and somehow the programming team did not pathfind her A.I. for that specific portion like they did for all other obstacles in the game. It was funny and sad at the same time. I tried to repeat the trick a second time, but it wouldn’t work, so I guess I got lucky when that happened. Very hidden bug.

I also remember a part in King Kong for the Xbox 360 where I had to drop Ann so she could go up and help me get through. I picked her up as she was climbing up the stairs however, as I didn't want her to get hurt while I was fighting. After killing all the enemies, I dropped her down so she could go back and climb the ladder again. Sadly, her A.I. state was already set to act as if she had already climbed the wall, so she'd run to a corner of the screen instead of going after the ladder, because that's where she had to be in the x (or z, whatever config they used)-axis had she gone up in the first place. Also, every time I pressed the B button while I was hanging from the wall, a group of Skull natives would come out. It did not matter that I was climbing the wall, but just that I pressed B while doing it. There was nothing I could do but restart the scene.

Posted by GameMiestro

Could you press B a bunch of times, and make a huge amount of natives appear?