Custom sounds

Posted by GameMiestro

What if we had, in addition to our avatar, a sound clip that other people could click on and listen to? It just seems like the next logical step in customizing our profiles.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

No.

Posted by GameMiestro

Why the heck not? You wouldn't have to listen to them if you didn't want to.

Posted by Klarth

Just... No.

Posted by Ant

Heh, I think it would be kinda neat. But if 34 kbs is a lot for an avatar...I don't see the sound part going over to well.

Have you seen this on other forums?

Posted by GameMiestro

No, I haven't, but what's wrong with being a trend setter?

Posted by Linko_16

I recall a site (one of hyper's, I think) where you could upload or link to an midi that played while someone was viewing your profile. Frankly, I don't see why not, if it's just something as weenie as an midi.

Posted by Ant

My wacko...it might even be...fun!?

Posted by mis0

Because a userpage, shoutbox, custom avatar, custom user fields, etc, aren't enough, right? Jesse has one of the most lenient boards I've ever used and I don't think we need to pester him for more.

Posted by Iris

Misonexy's right. Members are unique enough without 8-bit piano music in their profile. ;)

Posted by Jesse Smith

It's called making your own link to music in ur signature!!! :D er we need to add that RPG hack, and da store hack!!! :D:D:D:D

define:lenient
[quote]
indulgent: tolerant or lenient; "indulgent parents risk spoiling their children"; "too soft on the children"; "they are soft on crime"
easy: not strict; "an easy teacher"; "easy standards"; "lenient rules"; "an easy penalty"
characterized by tolerance and mercy
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

# lenient in treatment or punishment, often too lenient

What the!!! er I not strict enough!!!! :D Don't I edit too many of ur titles/posts/signatures!!! :D

Posted by GameMiestro

For that, you'd need a website. And a link, which nobody will click.

Posted by Iris

[quote=GameMiestro]For that, you'd need a website. And a link, which nobody will click.
While we're on the subject, do you think anyone will click your profile? ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Iris]While we're on the subject, do you think anyone will click your profile? ;)

I know Klarth would. ;)

Posted by mis0

Quoting Iris: Misonexy's right. Members are unique enough without 8-bit piano music in their profile. ;)

In reference to the rep: I'm pretty well aware it was he who was doing it. Still, I tend to hold to my opinions and regardless of circumstances. This applies here.

'Cause as far as getting past security goes, I tend to support that, actually. I just don't proactively do it myself. edit: (anymore)

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Misoxeny]In reference to the rep: I'm pretty well aware it was he who was doing it. Still, I tend to hold to my opinions and regardless of circumstances. This applies here.

'Cause as far as getting past security goes, I tend to support that, actually. I just don't proactively do it myself. edit: (anymore)

I'm not talking about that at all. I just know he's the only one that would complain that I mispelled a word in my profile.

Posted by mis0

What? That was directed at Iris.

Posted by GameMiestro

Seriously, though, VgChat is going to have to make some technological advancements eventually- to me, adding sound seems the next best choice.

And about the rpg stats, that's not a good comparison, it was just a gimmick to make huge posters feel more important than they already were.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Misoxeny]What? That was directed at Iris.
Well, no one's actually sure who it was, but it's a possibility worth commenting on. ;D

Posted by Poison

First of all, I have no clue how to add a sound to my avatar. Second of all, if we had sounds, then all I would hear in the forums is fart sounds and the versions of the word "****." Lastly, It’s a stupid idea to begin with.

Posted by Ant

Nothing is as stupid as the screenname Poison, except maybe the person beyond it.

Posted by mis0

Shave your neckbeard, and maybe I'll take ya srsly, Ant.

Posted by Ant

I'll do it later. Or was that just making fun of the way I look? Either way, later. (Although I have once since then, IT KEEPS COMING BACK AHHHH!)

It's not like I'm being a dick on purpose either........well I am, but I'm just kidding. ****.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting GameMiestro: For that, you'd need a website. And a link, which nobody will click.

Exactly. Noone will click the link, because noone cares about what's your favorite song nor does anyone want to hear the midi rendition of the Final Fantasy 7 battle music.

We have our own music. Thank you very much. But if you feel like doing so, just put a link. Anyone who DOES care, though will click it, I'm sure.

Posted by mis0

Which is like nobody, but, I digress.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Linko_16: I recall a site (one of hyper's, I think) where you could upload or link to an midi that played while someone was viewing your profile. Frankly, I don't see why not, if it's just something as weenie as an midi.

We had that over at NGC too.

Posted by DBZKid10

Tight