Street Fighter II + Xbox Live Arcade = Big Boss wets his pants

Posted by Big Boss

[quote]...

While no price tag was announced, Capcom has confirmed that Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting (known in the arcades as Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting) will become available over the Xbox Live Marketplace, with a number of new features (including online play) sometime in early 2006. In addition to the Xbox Live standard quick match and optimatch, Hyper Fighting will include a new quarter match option.

Intended to replicate the arcade experience, quarter matches will let two players duke it out while a group of spectators wait for their own chance to dethrone the reigning champ--similar to the online mode of the Xbox 360's only fighting game so far, Dead or Alive 4. Just as in the arcades, onlookers will be able to watch the brawls while they wait their turn, trash-talking the fighters or discussing strategy. Players' "quarters" will be used to represent their spot in line.

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6142004.html"]Full story from GameSpot[/url]

I was sad to find out Street Fighter Anniversary Collection wasn't playable on the 360, but this announcement helps ease the pain. Now, if we could do something about the controller...

Posted by GSNForce.com

The controller is perfect, what is your problem with it?

Maybe the DOA Stick will work with this game too

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting GSNForce.com: The controller is perfect, ...

For a 2D fighter? Not likely. Microsoft surely improved on an already solid model from S, but they didn't make any changes to make the d-pad friendlier for the old school genre.

Posted by Random

I have that on IGN Predicts XBox 360 2006 :-P

Posted by Fate

...Maybe I can actually beat you this time. :mad:

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Fate: ...Maybe I can actually beat you this time. :mad:

Keep playing DOA4. Seriously, you'll be wasting your time trying to get good enough at any Street Fighter to beat me. Unless you've been playing like crazy since SFII first came out way back when, you're just out of my league, babe. :*

Posted by Ant

Huh, interesting. The whole watching part of it, I mean.

Although I don't know why they couldn't do the same for 3rd stirke, considering more people are playing that now...

Posted by Fate

One of these days I'm going to make a huge turnaround and totally own you at SFII. :mad:

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Ant]Although I don't know why they couldn't do the same for 3rd stirke, considering more people are playing that now...

One of these days I'm going to make a huge turnaround and totally own you at SFII. :mad:

You know, you're publicly stating that you will beat me one day, and now you have to hold up to your word. Too bad you won't ever be able to back it up, TinySmalls.