Romance?

Posted by Noir

Miyamoto and [other guy] seem to have been aiming for a more adult Zelda in TP, and have acheived that-in violence. But I have been wondering for some time, if there would be something...more. I mean, who knows what might happen in the 100 hours of gameplay (yes, you heard me right-he said 100 hours!), espeacially when there is a sexy beast and a well-endowed princess.
Hmmm........

Posted by Linko_16

I wouldn't mind seeing it. Zelda games, however, have recently been throwing plenty of young women around Link's age at him, and it may upset fans to see the story have him choose one instead of another. Plus, this would be a violation of their tradition of leaving Link devoid of personality... he's supposed to be defined purly by your actions.

The solution to both of these problems would be simple. I'd like to see the same sort of thing they did in Final Fantasy VII (and probably other games I'm not thinking of) where you can sort of sway your feelings towards one woman inparticular. This would be hitting both birds with one stone, letting you guide Link as always and allowing him to join the girl a fan likes best.

Posted by GameMiestro

The core majority of Zelda players could care less about romance in the games. If it isn't necessary, Nintendo, don't add it.

Posted by Zeta

I vote for hawt KoumeXTingleXKotake action.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Linko_16]This would be hitting both birds with one stone
Or alternatively, hitting ON two birds with one stone!

I vote for hot coffee.

Posted by Fate

Quoting GameMiestro: The core majority of Zelda players could care less about romance in the games. If it isn't necessary, Nintendo, don't add it.

It's not about necessity, but rather a fun little option.

Posted by maian

Well, I seriously doubt anything of the sort will be happening in TP. For Link to have romance, or feel love, he'd require a personality. I believe if Link talked or had a personality in TP, we'd all know by now. The Final Fantasy-esque thing doesn't sound too bad though..

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fate: It's not about necessity, but rather a fun little option.

Agreed... if you left only the "necessities" in many of today's games, most of them would be about half as good. Techinically, it's not necessary to play at all.

Posted by Slade

It's be fun if you could choose who to flirt with, or even fall in love with, but I'd personally hate being free to do anything I wanted in that game, then suddenly getting a woman thrown on me.

I sincerely hope they don't make it too much of "saving the girl" and not enough "saving the world".

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, leave girl-saving for sub-events. It'd be a perfect way to gain romance points from one of the ladies to save her from a burning barn or something.

Posted by Noir

Quoting maian: Well, I seriously doubt anything of the sort will be happening in TP. For Link to have romance, or feel love, he'd require a personality. I believe if Link talked or had a personality in TP, we'd all know by now. The Final Fantasy-esque thing doesn't sound too bad though..

From what I've seen of the game (that is to say, very little), he seems to have more personality than say...OoT. Windwaker, he was a lot more expressive. You could sense the love he had for his sister, so why not another lady?
Though, I would much prefer if that lady would be the one in the green who he meets in the farm. Not Zelda. I'm sick of Zelda.