Under the Knife

Posted by scylla

Trauma Center: Under the Knife is badass. That's basically the best way to put it. If you own a Nintendo DS, get this game. It is the best use of the touch screen I've seen to date.

You've got 10 tools available to you during surgery, and you'll need to master each and every one. Every operation requires your full concentration. One wrong move and someone dies.

The big thing you'll need to realize is that, though it's a game about surgery, you're not just doing boring old surgery. This is Japanese, anime-style surgery. There's not just one tumor in the small intestine, there's 4. And 6 more appear out of nowhere. Blood vessels are going to burst. Shards of glass the size of a small animal are lodged in people's hearts. You have to operate in a storm. On an airplane. And there's lots of turbulence. The game is intense.

As you continue in the game, you're actually contending with Parasites in the patients' bodies, and they want people to BLEED. A LOT. You'll think you're safe, then all of a sudden... Blood everywhere. And then death.

The story is well done, and as always with an Atlus title, the localization is top-notch. The music and sound effects quality are pretty high up there, and I've been enjoying them thoroughly. On top of all that, the game is challenging, but not so much so that it's impossible. As you play you'll get better, stronger, faster. You'll be able to slice open a man's chest in a single stroke of the stylus. You'll burn away parasites with your laser like some kind of... laser... master... guy.

Totally. Freaking. Sweet.

Posted by GameMiestro

So... what do you want us to say?

Posted by Bebop

Move this to correct board please. Looks like a good game though

Posted by Colonel

I want this game alot but i can never find it anywhere.

Posted by casperbird

Hey scylla. It sounds like you're the director of this game and you're putting out advertisements on it lol. I have a pretty good idea of what the game's about now, however, I've never seen it in the shops. Actually, I've never heard of it before until now. Hasn't it come out yet? Have you got the game?