Nintendo Dismisses Twilight Princess Speculation

Posted by scylla

Recently, a number of websites have reported that Nintendo's upcoming Gamecube title, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, will be playable with the unique motion sensitive controller for the next generation Revolution console. The original source of the story was the UK-based NGC Magazine.

However, Nintendo has spoken with Eurogamer and has refuted such talk. In speaking to the website, the company said, "The article in the January edition of NGC Magazine is pure speculation. Nintendo have [sic] made no new announcements regarding The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."

The company also confirmed that the game is still on track for release in 2006. It has previously been stated that the game will see a simultaneous launch across regions, but since its delay into 2006, the company has not announced when it will be released.

Source: http://rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2006/010606a.html

Posted by Ant

Anyone who believed that is an idiot.

Posted by GameMiestro

I didn't know there was any speculation of this. If it was true, you might as well sell your Gamecube now.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=scylla] "The article in the January edition of NGC Magazine is pure speculation. Nintendo have [sic] made no new announcements regarding The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."

This is not them dismisses it. All nintendo have done is simply say "They have made an educated guess. We will neither confirm nor deny if it's true."

Everyone knew this was speculation anyway. All Nintendo has done is confirm "Yes. We are not commenting on this".

Posted by Linko_16

I'm glad. I think we need one more good Zelda game in the classic, OoT style before another new kind comes out.

Though I hadn't heard of this, either, and probably wouldn't have believed it.

Posted by Bebop

Err.. has anyone actually read it? They're not dismissing it at all.

Posted by Linko_16

They're saying it's speculation. Since they're not just out-right refusing to comment, I'd guess it's their way of saying "no." Nintendo never really confirms or dismisses anything... all the more to fuel hype, isn't it?

Posted by Speedfreak

They've labelled things as "speculation" that have been true before. They're refusing to comment either way. They're basically saying they didn't announce it.

I don't think the controller support is very likely, but I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Posted by Bebop

Funny, when Gamespot tried to speak to Nintendo, they recieved their catchprhase "Nintendo does not comment on rumours or speculation"

[quote=Link_16]They're saying it's speculation.
That's becuase it is. It's an educated guess.
[quote]Since they're not just out-right refusing to comment, I'd guess it's their way of saying "no."
"No comment" doesn't always mean no.
[quote]Nintendo never really confirms or dismisses anything... all the more to fuel hype, isn't it?
Not really. Unless someone saying "no comment" gets you creaming your pants.