Newest Wild Arms

Posted by heyimhappy

does anybody here like the wild arms series? i haven't had a chance to play the older games yet, but I got to demo the Wild Arms 4 game the other day at work. it's pretty cool. there is this "HEX" battelsystem that is new to this game. not quite sure how it differs from the older games, but i like it. the battles are random, so it keeps the game more interesting. its cool cuz you can kill all of the opponents that are on a single hex since its area based instead of character based. anyways, i think i might go pick up the older games, too. what do you guys think about those?

Posted by Xenos

Eh, I like the first one--the second one was a little boring and the third didn't really appeal to me.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Oh, I didn't realize that he had created multiple threads, otherwise I would have just deleted this one.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=10267

Posted by pushbuttonringer

Hey, after reading several good things about Wild Arms 4 I bought it on Wednesday. I've been playing it since. I really really like it.
I like the game play and the graffics. I like the personalities of the different characters. (I hate when there is a game that I like to play but am annoyed by the characters)
Im glad I am playing it now because I heard they just announced Wild Arms 5.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=pushbuttonringer]graffics
lahahahahaha

This is probably a game to check out when I get around to buying a PS2. What's the plot like?

Posted by ohyeahh

check out the website for more info on the plot:
wild arms 4 dot com

also, check out the new HEX battleform. it is really cool!

Posted by Dark Link

WA4 is pretty good! The Hex Battle System is confusing at first, but you get it and become used to it very quickly. I've only played WA3 (Friend owns), besides WA4, so I'm still a little new to the whole series.
I just beat it today and just to let you know...there's one boss that has a counterattack that does 9999 Damage! She can only be hurt by Magic and by only certain conditions as well...She was a pain in the ***!

[quote=pushbuttonringer]Hey, after reading several good things about Wild Arms 4 I bought it on Wednesday. I've been playing it since. I really really like it.
I like the game play and the graffics. I like the personalities of the different characters. (I hate when there is a game that I like to play but am annoyed by the characters)
Im glad I am playing it now because I heard they just announced Wild Arms 5.

Well WA5 has been announced for some time now. It's not new, but it's recently been confirmed at least.

[quote=Klarth]lahahahahaha

This is probably a game to check out when I get around to buying a PS2. What's the plot like?

Well the plot is: Jude (Your Main Character) is trying to stop some war that's happening in his town and ends up spreading across the land. (I think it's a World War or something) So you end up trying to stop the war from starting...Jude only wants peace and stuff, No war (Cheesy I know =P).

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Dark Link: Just to let you know...there's one boss that has a counterattack that does 9999 Damage! She can only be hurt by Magic and by only certain conditions as well...She was a pain in the ***!

Oh no... a boss with a killer gimick! I actually liked Wild Arms 3 (Not done yet), so I'm definately gonna get this one.

Posted by Black_Wolf

The original Wild ARMs was the first game I got for my PSOne and I loved it. The anime intro with the whistle song is still one of my favorite vgame songs. The characters were pretty cool. Had a couple cool twists, one about the main character were you're just like "Whoa, no way!". I have the 2nd and 3rd ones, but I've never played em. I find it hard to commit the time necessary to finish any RPG, but I think I'll check out the new ARMs. The first three were all developed by SONY I think, but the new one isn't I know. Who does the new one? Same people doing the 5th one?