Anyone played the N64 lately?

Posted by ExoXile

I just recently go the N64 out of my closet.

Was thinking "Lol, yeah what the heck" so I started playing Goldeneye...

I remembered Goldeneye being laggish when things exploded but MAN!
The FPS've got to be around 5-20 at most! :(

Anyone alse noticed this? :cool2:

Posted by Corrupt

Haha, yeah... I just recently got my N64 back from a friend and I've been playing Goldeneye like a bat out of hell. I'm also going to bust out Conker's Bad Fur Day and the original SSB after I get bored of Goldeneye. And, I could also use some more N64 games... I'll work on getting Banjo-Kazooie again, and also some others. Any recommendations, guys?

Posted by ExoXile

Ocarina of Time on it's original console! ;)

Posted by Hammered On

Oot's awesome. And Super Mario 64, of course.

Here are some of my personal favs:

Top Gear Rally series
Pok

Posted by Screenname

I have the fixings to play Duke Nukem

I'm glad to see your N64 finally came out of the closet, ExoXile.

Posted by ExoXile

I wish i had Perfect Dark :(

Posted by Arczu

Man, I don't care how old the N64 gets, because the games are still awesome. Playeed DKR and that's still fun. I hit up Mario Kart with some friends to go for Block Fort fun, and Sombody goes flying over the wall boundaries? Can you even have that much fun anymore?!

I'm looking for some of those obcure titles like Micheif Makers. That game was a little wiered, but an ok one to play.

Posted by Last Fog

Actually the other day, I randomly felt like playing Diddy kong racing... I don't kno why... but i had an urge to complete that game. I can't beat that dragon boss it was getting me so mad so i quit. But really, I find it hard to go back to N64, at least for replaying games i already played the heck out of, like Mario64... i thought it would be fun to play that again but it really wasnt.

Posted by Shinsei

I played some Goldeneye last night, and it was terrible at the first glance, and well, it took a while to get used to it.. But when you got used to it, it was pretty okay! Sure, standing in an explosion (Yeah, I cheated some, so what?) was awful.. But I do admire the N64 for being able to handle it! But yeah. It was a classic, the funniest game I knew of when I was younger.. I guess it just popped back :P

Posted by Dexter

Last week I defeated Pokemon Snap and the other day I bought Daikatana. I had no idea what it was and it was only 2 dollars. Surprises are virtually always fun. I also recently got Toy Story 2 and I might make that my next adventure following my triumphing over Mario Party 7, which consists of randomly getting all the minigames and earning enough cruise mileage for buying everything in the store.

I don't really stop playing my Nintendo 64. There are still many great games out there that I want to go through.

Posted by GSNForce.com

Last time I played it was on November 21st...to play Perfect Dark

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting Dexter:
I don't really stop playing my Nintendo 64.

Same here.

Although over the last year or so it has slowly been getting less and less play time.
However mid-way through last year I got a new game for the 64 and was nearly as excited about playing it as a cube game. I got heaps of hours with it and stor tof stopped but I know I will go back to it again. It's one of those games you play in phases, where you play it heaps over a period between a few weeks and a few months then you stop and go back...etc.
The game is International Superstar Soccer 2000.

Also, the 64 still kicks tail in multiplayer. I went to a freinds and a few of us played cube games for our multiplayer and had great fun, but next time I am bringing the 64 for more games, equally as fun. It will be great.

Posted by Cronoan

I went back through and beat Banjo Kazooie again about a month ago. XD I guess I went through an emo/retro thing so I played a bunch of my old games. Some just aren't as fun as they were back in the day :(.

Posted by Raptor

I was playing GoldenEye on a daily basis before I finally gave Corrupt back his N64 last month. After many months of continuous playing, I finally reached the point where I could no longer find things to do to entertain myself. One of the last things I did was speed runs through each stage, getting the best times I possibly could. Rupters, see if you can beat my time in Bunker 2, 00 Agent!

I also attempted to get back into Super Mario 64, and even Mario Kart 64, but didn't succeed. It took me ages to get around to mastering SM64 the first time around, and I never felt very inclined to play it over again. Oddly, many SNES games I play (and have been playing throughout the 90's) still seem fresh to me, while most N64 games often seem stale when I try to play them again. It is odd how the older games are, the more enthused I am about picking them up years later and playing through them again.

Posted by William

I play every once in a while, but I only have one game for the N64 since the other ones have been sold already.

Perfect Dark. Amazing game.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

After ready all of the above post, I have a sudden urge to want to go back to the 64.

Posted by NFSMW6

the last game i played on n64 was when i beet paper mario it felt like it was yesterday

Posted by Xero

I played the N64 last week-end. I played SSB as usual, choosing kirby, as usual and also nucking everyone, as usual :P

Posted by Arczu

Aside from the "nucking", I assume you were "sucking", and not SUCKING right? Hee heh heh.

I tried to go back to SSB, but it's harsh. I'm so used to Melee that I keep trying to do side-steps and stuff when you cannot... (so quite a few suicide attemps on my part). But those sound effects were lound and kickin'. Ray Gun sounds like a death gun...

Posted by Big Boss

I played Perfect Dark a week or so before the end of the year. I was reminded of a lot of weapons and features that Zero should've kept from the original, but at the same time I realized just how badly the N64 has aged over the years. The graphics are horrible now, worse than older consoles.

Posted by Arczu

Worse? I thought a lot of the early Playstation 1 game's graphics were kinda horrible. I mean, that effect where it looks like the walls jump at you when you got close to them were creeping me out.

The games on the N64 that used the expansion pack was when it was starting to get really nice though.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arczu]
I tried to go back to SSB, but it's harsh. I'm so used to Melee that I keep trying to do side-steps and stuff when you cannot... (so quite a few suicide attemps on my part). But those sound effects were lound and kickin'. Ray Gun sounds like a death gun...[/size]

huh huh...I meant massacre when I said nucking. I dont suck at SSB 64, but maybe I should train more at melee these days...

Posted by Arczu

A joke on Kirby's ability to copy enemies... but more importantly, what is "nucking"? I originally mistook it for a typo, but now I wonder...

Posted by GameMiestro

I played Mario Kart 64 recently. I wanted to see the changes they made in the DS remakes.

Posted by D.J Cat

I've played it nearly every day over the past week.

Mostly Donkey Kong 64, helping a friend get to the end of the game.

Posted by Fragliche

I play the N64 on a weekly basis. Mostly it's Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (while I could do this on the GameCube, I refuse because of the slight bugs. RFEZUE), Donkey Kong 64 and F-ZERO 64.

Banjo Kaz/Tooie will always have a place in my heart because of how it is. The levels are so colourful, full of interesting facts. I mean, I've been playing it since the game came out, and I still am finding things to this day on Banjo-Tooie. And the plot is just so delightfully childish! I always enjoyed the mini-games and how Banjo and Kazooie would constantly be arguing about something whenever they entered a boss fight.

It really is the childish things in life that make it worth wild.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arczu]

Nucking is a word used to say "massacre" ;) Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what I meant.

Posted by Dexter

We've been having fun with the mini-games in Pokemon Stadium lately. The sushi game is especially fun. Also, we've been playing Super Smash occasionally. It is still an enjoyable game, even with the updated version.

After I defeat Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for the Game Cube I'm going to start my adventure through Toy Story 2. By the time I'm done with that game I hope to have accumulated a few other games that I must venture through, namely Banjo-Tooie and Mischief Makers. And I'm really looking forward to going through Yoshi's Story.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting Dexter: We've been having fun with the mini-games in Pokemon Stadium lately. The sushi game is especially fun. Also, we've been playing Super Smash occasionally. It is still an enjoyable game, even with the updated version.

After I defeat Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for the Game Cube I'm going to start my adventure through Toy Story 2. By the time I'm done with that game I hope to have accumulated a few other games that I must venture through, namely Banjo-Tooie and Mischief Makers. And I'm really looking forward to going through Yoshi's Story.

Mischief Makers is definately one of the coolest games ever.

I've been playing my 64 a lot more than my Xbox, PS2 (except for Kingdom Hearts), and Gamecube combined. Banjo Kazooie, Mischief Makers, Ocarina of Time, and South Park 64 have been taking up most of my time lately. I guess I just have an addiction to nostalgia or something.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I actually just earlier today played some smash brothers with some people. Good times.

Posted by Desperado

Recently played a lil bit of Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie.

Posted by Dog

my cousin stole my banjo kazooie and my mario kart :grrr: but i was just playing my cousins paper mario about five minutes ago. (left it at my house...not givin it bacK!)

Posted by naughtydogy

i have a n64 at my group home right now.i just played gauntlet ledgeds.the problem is....i dont have a controller pak to save...

Posted by Azure Wolf

I still play. Normally when my dad is being an *** and I don't wanna be down there, when i'm waiting for something to happen, when i suddenly need my Zelda fix, or a feel I can get it to work for more than a half an hour XD

Posted by Arczu

The New Teris. Hell yeah!

Back to the Ocarina of Time too. And DK64 as well.

I'll always come back to the N64. Even if I'm by myself.

Posted by maian

I don't think I'll ever stop playing my N64. Even if I have periods where I don't play it a lot, it's always hooked up and ready. I always go back to play amazing games such as Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, and Majora's Mask.

Just a week or so ago, a friend lent me Banjo Tooie. (I never got to own it =/) I've been working on that every day. While my friends and I own Battlefront, Smash, and other multiplayer games we love, Perfect Dark always ends up triumphing over them. Nintendo 64 has been the best system yet, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I forgot Diddy Kong racing, too. Way better then MK.

Posted by D.J Cat

I've just recently got into Perfect Dark again.

Combat Simulator is always entertaing and takes up a good amount of time but maybe I'll try and beat Maian SOS and War on Perfect Agent...
Probably won't succeed though.
I just have that wantingness to take someone out with a welll aimed Dragon shot.

Posted by Xero

The perfect dark game is not at home right now. My parents brought it to their school so the students can have fun with it, and I'm a perfect agent too. I'm trying to complete the 20th challenge, but its getting hard. I usually take 8 comps VS me and 2 of hem are on normal mode with farsight. Pretty intense.

I played zelda MM recently. It took me 4 hours to reach the 3rd temple again. I'M getting the 7 eggs.

Posted by Grom

I dont have mine Nintendo 64 anymore so instead of getting a new one i am going to get the revolution and download the games hopefully. I do really miss it and same for my SNES. If i had my nintendo 64 i would be playin Supersmash, Mario, Mario Cart, and other great ones. *sniff*, *thinks* "why did i ever get rid of it?"

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Flame ghost: I'm a perfect agent too.

I need prove on this, for as far as I know, I am the only perfect agent here at VGC. I'd like to keep it that way. Nobody becomes a perfect agent without defeating all the challenges first, k? That goes against the agent's code. If you can't beat them, you don't deserve the rank of being perfect. :p:

I'm looking forward to my Toy Story 2 adventure that I should be starting up a little after the end of the month or whenever I finish defeating Dragon Warrior 2 or Oblivion, whichever comes first.

Posted by Xero

Where do you live? Me and my superdragon will shot your arse ;)

Posted by Dexter

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/Nintendo/DexRank.jpg[/IMG]

Beat that, you vile pile of fetid ectoplasm. :cool:

Posted by Sasuke76

hell yes! i play it every day. Mortal kombat trilogy, perfect dark, and Conker are the only games i could find at that time

Posted by Azure Wolf

Aye. Why, just 2 or 3 nights ago I helped my sister's friend's mother get through the Forest Temple in Zelda OoT. *** I hate that temple...**** ghost took my name...

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/Nintendo/DexRank.jpg[/IMG]

Beat that, you vile pile of fetid ectoplasm. :cool:

Ok I dint play that much and I dont have that many awards (starz) I'll beat you soon tho ;)

Posted by Dexter

So you lied about being a perfect agent? :(

Posted by Xero

Well the 13th title is called perfect agent. It starts as 20: beginner and I went down to the title 13 thats called perfect agent. I wasen't lying dude, trust me.

Posted by binpwnsu

My sister and I played Perfect Dark a little while ago. It was cool but it lags if you use too many bots

P.S. She kicked my *** 25-7

Posted by Dexter

Quoting binpwnsu: but it lags if you use too many bots

I don't even notice that. I find that the game is far too fast when played on regular speed mode, especially when there are bots and other players, so we virtually always play it with slow-motion turned on. Playing Goldeneye doesn't feel that fast, yet people say they are the same. I've played them both plentifully, though, and I believe they are set at different speeds.

Posted by D.J Cat

Having a Perfect Ranking in Perfect Dark doesn't prove anything about ones skill.

Especially when you get the ranking from not actually playing a competitive game against any bots or people.

I am still at the rank of Lethal: 5 and its still a long way to go but I won't get any kills against an idle opponenent nor get my distance or hours up by pulling the controller out and leaving it on all night.
Chances are I won't ever reach the rank of Perfect but thats ok with me.

Oh yeah, I've been rather addicted to this game lately. :cool:

Playing it with another person is nice but I had to put the game speed on "fast movement" when we had 6 bots on, to make it a little less dodgy.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting D.J Cat: Having a Perfect Ranking in Perfect Dark doesn't prove anything about ones skill.

True, but it might say something about one's dedication. In the summer of 2004, I made it one of my goals to become a perfect ranking. Almost every time I did home work (I was taking summer classes) I would be playing this game. I gradually grew higher in statistics until I finally reached perfect one night. I was thoroughly satisfied with my victory.

Posted by neofreak91

I play yesterday Star Soldier Vanishing Earth 64 {Shooters game}

Posted by Nickd009

Do emulators count? Cause i was playing cokers bad fur dday on it yesterday

Posted by talents

ive been playing mario 64 lol.

Posted by Saruman

I have been playing Nba hangtime everyday on my lunch break at work. :) great game!

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I just bought a new copy of Mario 64 recently. My old copy dissapeared...

Posted by Nintendo Girl

I've been playing 007 golden eye... love that game...

Posted by Madame Flurrie

As a matter of fact, I recently finished replaying The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. What a beautiful game... :)

Posted by Xero

Quoting D.J Cat: Having a Perfect Ranking in Perfect Dark doesn't prove anything about ones skill.

Especially when you get the ranking from not actually playing a competitive game against any bots or people.

That I must agree with. Bots are usually easy unless they are at the perfect level where they aim perfectly. Thats skillfull.

Posted by Dexter

I usually try to set the game difficulty so that I will most likely lose. If I make the challenge exceed my own skills, I tend to have more fun and get more involved with playing, not wanting to give up until I master them and am content enough to walk away. And still, it does take a certain amount of skill to get all those head shot and accuracy medals. Surviving and killing medals aren't too difficult, though.

I good way, I find, to make it challenging is to give myself buddies who are basically unskilled and of low difficulty. That way, I have to protect them and score more to add up for their deaths. I have fun having amateurish companions. Lots of "Nooooo!" and "Whyyyyyy?" and revenge seeking.

Posted by Arczu

That was great fun with Perfect Dark. Putting a whole bunch of simulants, then 4 players. Tons of fun to be had.

Posted by Xero

Defenatly. Once the simulants are at normal and you give them farsights, they rarely miss you. Its fun.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I constantly play my 64... mostly Diddy Kong Racing. ***, I'm addicted to that game.

Posted by bunny*chick

I've been playing super mario 64 and if any of yall have played it and are good i have a question to ask

Posted by Xero

Quoting SapphireRose: I constantly play my 64... mostly Diddy Kong Racing. ***, I'm addicted to that game.

Yeah its fun. I completed that game. only once. Took me a while, but it was fun.

Posted by D.J Cat

Perfect Dark has been getting some good quality time lately, with some 3 players + simulants deathmatch. The last macth we played today my friend got the winning kill with 10 seconds to go, its was hot.

Just for fun we gave some old games a go like Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Clayfighter and NBA Hangtime.
Hangtime wasn't to bad for the entertainment factor.

Posted by Majician

My favorite game was Super Smash Bros. Me and my friends used to play that game for hourse.... Aaahhh... memories

Posted by Inferno

I just blew off the dust and fired up my 64 to play Ocarina of Time the other day. I beat a rented copy way back in the day so now I have to go through everything again on my own cartridge. Fun times.

Posted by ~vampire~

I'm still playing perfect dark. Its always fun, but comps are getting boring. I need challenges. When I play comps, I'm always the "killmaster" "survivor" I'm not as good with accuracy because they keep moving, but I still have one of 60% so thats great.

Posted by Dexter

Try working towards being a perfect #1. It takes more dedication and patience than skill and aim, but I'd still consider that a challenge worth owning.

Did you ever get to play Perfect Dark Zero for the 360? Definitely not as enjoyable.

Posted by ~vampire~

No I dint. I'M not into 360. I tried it at my friend's first and I honestly dint have that much fun. Probably cuz I was starting.

As for PD: I'm currently a 13:special agent. Getting to 1:perfect will probably take me really long. I dont play too often, cuz, like I said, comps are getting boring. I played 175 games so far. You played 3500. I dont think I'll ever get up there...or maybe in 10 years, lol.

Posted by Dexter

I was around where you are now when I finally deciding to become a perfect #1. I made it one of my goals for summer of 2004 and I had it defeated before the summer was over. Every time I did home work I would play the game. Read a page, play a game, read another page, then play another game, write a paragraph, play another game, etc. By the time finals came around, I was a perfect #1!!!

Perfect Dark Zero was incredibly disappointing. I've been playing it online a little lately, so that's been kinda fun, But the game is nothing like I hoped it would be. I wish Rare was still making games for Nintendo.

Posted by ~vampire~

Thats a funny way to study and accomplish your VG goals :P yeah I could try to play a lot until I reach the 1st rank, but Its hard to gi hardcore on the game now. I need friends to play with. Yesterday I was about to start a game and I just closed the system, cuz I cant stand comps. They are too easy or too hard. Easy and normal sims are freaking pathetic but the hard sim barely misses and walks all the time without stopping a sec. Real players are more like IT. Anyways thats what I prefere. Same for SSB.

Its too bad for perfect dark zero. I was excited about getting it. PDZ would have probably been THE reason for me to get a 360, imagine, but I used good sense and tried it before spending 1000$.

Anyways, I'll try to get to the first rank, but its gonna take a while. I dont think I'Ll play all summer long and during my Exam period.

Posted by Dexter

It is impossible to get a perfect #1 rank without having friends to play with. Luckily I had my nephews who loved playing the game with me and would never tire of it. You need other players to get the accuracy and head shots medals, as well as making the experience more enjoyable. Set the game time to something short, like 5 minutes. I think it has to be at least above 3 minutes for the medal system to work properly, otherwise you won't get medals at the end of the game.

TimeSplitters 2 for Game Cube is another game I've been meaning to work on. I still don't have all the platinum medals. :(

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Dexter: It is impossible to get a perfect #1 rank without having friends to play with. Luckily I had my nephews who loved playing the game with me and would never tire of it. You need other players to get the accuracy and head shots medals, as well as making the experience more enjoyable. Set the game time to something short, like 5 minutes. I think it has to be at least above 3 minutes for the medal system to work properly, otherwise you won't get medals at the end of the game.

TimeSplitters 2 for Game Cube is another game I've been meaning to work on. I still don't have all the platinum medals. :(

I know there needs to be 3 mins for a medal. Head shots is no problem with comps. The real one is the accuracy. I got 23 medals of accuracy while as I have between 30-40 for head shots and survivor and killmaster, well thats easy. My biggest problem is, as you know, friends. They dont really want to come over to play some old school N64 game (thats how they speak of N64 games :() I guess I'Ll have to give the controller to my sister :rolleyes:

Posted by Arczu

I really couldn't rack up those metals as much as everyone else could. It was strange how I'd get accurancy when I died a lot, but headshots awards when I killed a lot (but not getting the killmaster award). Still, Perfect Dark is really good times.

I kinda wish I bought it when I saw it as a 2-in-1 with Goldeneye.

Posted by Ant

The Judge recently hooked my system to play some games of his(Pilotwings and Chamelion Twist[sp]). So while it was hooked I decided to play a bit of Zelda 64. I was just ****ing around on my completed file go to various places, playing the ocarina, and then finished it off by beating Ganon. I was very rusty while fighting Gannondorf though :(

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Arczu: I really couldn't rack up those metals as much as everyone else could. It was strange how I'd get accurancy when I died a lot, .

Dying a lot does not prevent you from getting an accruracy medal. It just prevents you from getting the medal of survivor (the blue one) as long as you dont shoot the wall its fine.

Quoting Arczu: but headshots awards when I killed a lot (but not getting the killmaster award). Still, Perfect Dark is really good times.

Thats understandable. You might make all your kills with headshots yet not killing as much, it did happen to me as well in my very first games. I kept wasting time aiming with R or L and make headshots.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting ~vampire~: I know there needs to be 3 mins for a medal. Head shots is no problem with comps. The real one is the accuracy. I got 23 medals of accuracy while as I have between 30-40 for head shots and survivor and killmaster, well thats easy. My biggest problem is, as you know, friends. They dont really want to come over to play some old school N64 game (thats how they speak of N64 games :() I guess I'Ll have to give the controller to my sister :rolleyes:

I didn't think you could actually get the head shot and accuracy medals in single player. It always seemed like their needed to be human players in order to get those.

And hey, playing with your sister isn't so bad. My sister used to play with me frequently and she was actually really good, especially at Goldeneye, a game she's played more than any other game. She's actually one of the best Goldeneye challenges I've ever had. You just need t train them young and keep them interested. I would suggest teaming up with her and making it incredibly difficult, which will bring on the challenge of protecting her.

My next goal for the 64 is finishing getting all the stars in Super Mario 64.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Dexter: I didn't think you could actually get the head shot and accuracy medals in single player. It always seemed like their needed to be human players in order to get those. .

No I do happen to get shoot those comps pretty well on good days. For head shots, I take the map Area 52 and allow snipers. I just hide in a tied place and head shot them. Its fun, but the comps have to be easy or normal.

Quoting Dexter: And hey, playing with your sister isn't so bad. My sister used to play with me frequently and she was actually really good, especially at Goldeneye, a game she's played more than any other game. She's actually one of the best Goldeneye challenges I've ever had. You just need t train them young and keep them interested. I would suggest teaming up with her and making it incredibly difficult, which will bring on the challenge of protecting her. .

Well my sis is 6 years old and loves barbies. Switching her mind to a shooting game will probably fail or take a while. I have good reflexes. I'll have to give her chances. As for the challenges, I've completed them except the 21th and 16th. I just cant do it for some reason. Her in a game wont change much since they add a comp. Protecting her is a good train indeed, but I prefere playing agressive, not defensive.

Quoting Dexter: My next goal for the 64 is finishing getting all the stars in Super Mario 64.

Did that already. Its hard, but a fun challenge ;)

Posted by Dexter

Quoting ~vampire~: Protecting her is a good train indeed, but I prefere playing agressive, not defensive.

Interesting. I'm much more defensive with my FPS behaviorisms. That's probably why I like playing survivor mode whenever possible. I'd prefer staying alive with few lives to running around killing as many enemies as possible for the highest score. There is something more intense, eerie, thrilling, and sneaky about playing that way.

I also like protecting the newbie players. I remember back in the Goldeneye days, I would always protect the newbies. It added further difficulty for me and helped them enjoy themselves. I sometimes give myself computer buddies and set their difficulty really low in order to increase the challenge.

Posted by ~vampire~

Well I'm not defensive. When I play, I need to run around looking for comps and shoot them. If I have a team, I'm letting them on their own while as I go contribute for the team points cuz knowing comps, they shoot you a lot. I like runing around. staying alive for long still works for me. I have good reflexes, so I shoot all the opponents pretty fast and guns usually point directly on the opponents.

Posted by D.J Cat

Ah, the ever present problem of having and wanting to play Perfect Dark more but not having anyone to play against.

I am pretty lucky to have a decent 3-4 players regularly available and some really good players every now and then.

Training them up is a challenge in itself, but can be quite rewarding when they become the skilled.
I have had some great fun with Perfect Dark over the last 5 years and also just recently as well, thanks to a little revival in interest.

In Deathmatch mode I go full out attack, I do not value my life, because you have an infinite amount and its about causing as much damage as possible.
Single player is where trying to survive comes into it.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting D.J Cat: Ah, the ever present problem of having and wanting to play Perfect Dark more but not having anyone to play against..

eh...

Quoting D.J Cat: I am pretty lucky to have a decent 3-4 players regularly available and some really good players every now and then..

Yeah lucky you...

Quoting D.J Cat: Training them up is a challenge in itself, but can be quite rewarding when they become the skilled.
I have had some great fun with Perfect Dark over the last 5 years and also just recently as well, thanks to a little revival in interest..

Fun games always get revival. 5 years? Insane. I've been playing this game during the first month it came out, then I bought it again. Its been 10 months.

Quoting D.J Cat: In Deathmatch mode I go full out attack, I do not value my life, because you have an infinite amount and its about causing as much damage as possible.
Single player is where trying to survive comes into it.

Deathmatch? You mean one-hit kills? I hate that. Even when its not one-hit, We still die easily. Usually takes 4-5 bullets to die. I dont use shields either. I'm not trying to survive on single players. I go around trying to kill as much. The more I kill, the more I have chances of getting the survivor medal anyway.

Posted by D.J Cat

I guess I used the term Deathmatch from Unreal Tournament, but what I really mean is just a standard combat match, wher ethe most kills win.

By single player i mean the missions. :cool:

Posted by ~vampire~

Oh well in single player as missions, your life lasts for long except for bombs. I dint have trouble beating the missions for the first level, but the special agent level got really hard. I still dint complete all 9 missions on the special agent level.

I finally reached the 12th title. Its 12:expert yay :)

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Yeah, Goldeneye, Bio-Freaks. Yesterday I played MK trilogy on it.

Posted by ~vampire~

Goldeneye was fun, but perfect dark is better. In my opinion.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting ~vampire~: Goldeneye was fun, but perfect dark is better. In my opinion.

I respect your opinion, not value, but respect :)

Posted by ~vampire~

:) what is it that you like about goldeneye?

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting ~vampire~: :) what is it that you like about goldeneye?

Fun Multiplayer, sweet weapons, great story, lots of characters and modes for mutliplayer, fun multiplayer, cool gadgets, fun multiplayer, controls that weren't assbackwards (yes that is a shot at PD) :)

Posted by PuggyBuddy

Well, Not Long ago I played Pape Mario.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting PWND_U_IN_MK: Fun Multiplayer, sweet weapons, great story, lots of characters and modes for mutliplayer, fun multiplayer, cool gadgets, fun multiplayer, controls that weren't assbackwards (yes that is a shot at PD) :)

Well PD has a fun multiplayer too, it has sweet weapons, a couple of modes for the multiplayer, I dunno about gadgets and the controls aren't complicated.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting ~vampire~: Well PD has a fun multiplayer too, it has sweet weapons, a couple of modes for the multiplayer, I dunno about gadgets and the controls aren't complicated.

No, they weren't complicated, they were arsebackwards. Meaning you were stuck inverted, which I hate. :)

Posted by ~vampire~

Rly? I dint have that somehow...

Posted by D.J Cat

NO game can compare to Perfect Dark and Goldeneye when being played with against good people who are also a decent competition.

The N64 got a run like you wouldn't believe the othe rnight, even though there was only 3 of us we were kept ammused the whole time.
Goldeneye absolutley rules for competitve matches, due to the feel of the guns and just the classicness of it.
Liscense to Kill in the basement with pistols? YES!
Proximity Mines, Bunker. YES!
Rocket Launchers, Archives. YES!
Facility, Golden Gun. Oh yes.

And then for that feeling of teamwork and killing together, not against each other, Perfect Dark is wonderful, a work of art as a friend of mine said.

In other news, Killer Instinct Gold, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, bomberman 64 and NBA Hangtime have also been getting some solid playing.

Posted by Arcadios

I recently played Star Fox 64 until it froze on me then I played Diddy Kong Racing it took me down memory lane since it was my first game I played for the N64 and it's the first game I ever bought used.

Posted by Xero

Quoting D.J Cat: NO game can compare to Perfect Dark and Goldeneye when being played with against good people who are also a decent competition.

I agree. It also goes with the game type. You cant really compare a RPG game to a First person shooter. Totally different :)

Posted by Arcadios

It was a sunny day after obtaining 2,000 post I plug in my Nintendo 64 picked up a random game from my box of games and played Mario Kart 64 ilast time I played it, it was 2 years ago then I put it away then picked up another game and played Worms Armageddon and then I played Mario Golf.

Posted by D.J Cat

In NBA Hangtime, during half time there is a rap by M Doc.

Now we had no idea who M Doc is so we did a little research.
Now, pretty much because he did some work on Hangtime, I have purchased one of his albums.

Posted by RedEyesDragon

I play my N64 weekly, the old SSB is still magical. ^_^

Anyway, I've been playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy, SSB, and Flying Dragon. Hellz yeh.

Posted by Xero

I'm sure most of the people that have a N64 at home still play SSB. Always fun, but when you have friends to play with.

Posted by sunsetjenn

i always play fifa on my n64. N64 is still my fav.

Posted by Xero

Same here. I'm thinking of buying another N64 game. Anybody has any suggestions? SSB and perfect dark are getting kinda boring (I have nobody to play with, so alone ends up lame with all these comps after a while.)

Posted by ad_man63

Banjo-Tooie. It's an awesome game, it'll take you a while to beat, and even longer to find everything in the game. Easily one of my favorites on the system.

Anyway, last time I played N64 was a few weeks ago at my younger cousin's house. Played a bit of Waverace, Mario Kart, and Pokemon Stadium (which I still completely own at :p).

Posted by D.J Cat

Mario Party 1 and 2 during lunch time at school.
Absolute magic.
I prefer how the turns go quicker and it justs seems quicker, simpler and more fun.

Hangtime got a good run last week, its awesome with 2 or 4 players.

Posted by Arcadios

I've recently obtain some used N64 games.
I bought Ocarina of time, Paper Mario, and SuperMario 64.

I've been playing Paper Mario cause it like it more then Paper Mario 2 and it brings back memories.
Then I switch over to Super Mario 64 and collect some stars.
If my friends come over we play Mario Kart 64 and I always school them.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Last 64 game I played was Mario Tennis. I still say it's one of the best games the 64 ever had.

Posted by D.J Cat

I've also been playing Mario Tennis on the weekends in multiplayer.

I was quite good but my last 2 matches I outsyked my self and lost the match via my own mind games.

Today I gave Wave Race a run and for me it STILL holds that magic feeling and amazing control that it had 9 years ago. Brought back some great memories.

Posted by Viccica

My personal favorites are the Zelda games and MarioKart. N64 still shines in my eyes. It's my personal favorite game system. =p

Posted by Xero

I recently played diddy kong racing. It was fun. I got to adventure II, but I stopped while doing world Dino Domain.

Posted by Megatron

I popped in Blast Corps today but I still can't get the hang of that little dune buggie car.

Posted by MrQuicksilver

Legend Of Zelda OOT is exelent

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I just bought Hexen so I was giving that a run through. I was fine until I tried looking up... the poor rendering made me ill, so I looked down again, but it was too late. So I switched to Flying Dragon.:D

Posted by Abendigo

i still play mine every week! lately ive been playing donkey kong 64

Posted by Creedence

I play Worms: Armegedon with my brother every day. I don't know why its so fun, just the thought of worms blowing eachother up isn't very appealing, but this game is just all around awesome.

Posted by Megatron

I tired to play San Fransico Rush but it wouldn't work. :mad: Not sure why it doesn't work and everything else does.

But anyway, I popped in GoldenEye and played a few death matches.

Posted by DarkSkai

I've been playing perfect dark and goldeneye but the 64 bit graphics hurts after all my hours playing my 360

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah, I played Pokemon Puzzle League yesterday, I'm finally getting a nag of it, its top stuff.
I'm getting used to the 3d mode and have beaten very hard on story mode (or 1 player, whatever).

I'm still not good enough to compete with my hard-out Kiwi friend though.

Posted by Xero

Quoting D.J Cat: Yeah, I played Pokemon Puzzle League yesterday, I'm finally getting a nag of it, its top stuff.

Oh wow. I use to love that game. I was quite fast, but sometimes, the computers get really hard and it's nearly impossible to beat them. Making those X10 combos is something I was never able to do. Best combo I did was a X4 because I broke one of those giant bars given by the opponent.

I still really enjoyed it.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

yea i just bought me an N64 yesterday, i went in and asked how much they were (i had $20 cash and $12 store credit) she goes "$35." and i was getting all sad and about to leave and she goes "but theres one over there, the reset buttons broke on it, its $15" and i was like HEECCKKK YEESSS, i'll take that one, even had nuff to buy res2. (didnt know that was on the N64)

Posted by D.J Cat

Wow that much off the price just because you have to flick a switch backwards and forwards instead of in....
Mines been jammed for about 8 years now...

Also I've been playing plenty of N64 lately.
Road Rash, Bomberman 64, Iggy's Reckin Balls, Killer Instinct Gold.
All fun.

Posted by Dexter

Road Rush? Good times with old Sugar Ray material.

Posted by neofreak91

I play now resident evil 2 n64

Posted by Corrupt

My N64 has been getting all the attention recently, what with Raptor and I playing games like Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Banjo-Kazooie. I also would really love to get my hands on copies of Starfox 64, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Tooie, Killer Instinct Gold, Mischief Makers, and some other assorted titles. Oh ***, that would make for so much late night fun.

Posted by Xero

Totally. I envy you :(

Posted by Dexter

Hey Corrupt, PM me your address and I'll send you my extra copy of Blast Corps. A kid gave me his 64 and all his games, including Blast Corps, so I have no need for it.

I haven't been playing my 64 lately and whenever I do I simply play Goldeneye, and end up being addicted to it for awhile. My usual moods keep me playing the oldies, whether they be old games I never played before or old games that I enjoy, but recently I've been playing a lot of the newer games I missed out on or brand new titles, such as Pokemon Pearl that was just released. I'd like to get my paws on a copy of Mischief Makers.

Posted by Creedence

Dude, I play Star Fox 64 all the time. I got the medal on all the missions, so fox wears sun glasses, and on multiplayer you can just be a dude that runs around with a blaster pistol. I have taken every course possible throughout the game and beat it. Also I got Worms Armeggedon. Hadn't beet it, but seriously, who plays worms for the missions. I unlocked super bannana bomb and then it was like, screw this. Yoshis Story, not as good as Yoshis Island, but I've still pwned it multiple times.

Posted by Dexter

I have a Star Fox 64 record listed in an old issue of Nintendo Power. I won a t-shirt or something. :cool:

Posted by TMNT Freak

Quoting Dexter: I have a Star Fox 64 record listed in an old issue of Nintendo Power. I won a t-shirt or something. :cool:

No way man.. I have a whole box full of Nintendo Power back at my house. I might have to check that out..

Well, when I had my N64 here at college, I was playing Mario Tennis and Pokemon Puzzle League. I know, when I go home, and I dont take my Game Cube, I sit for hours on that Pokemon Puzzle League. Its one of those games where I just cant stop playing no matter how hard I try.

Posted by Dexter

Pokemon Puzzle League is certainly addicting. Great challenge that makes it difficult to stop until you truly conquer it, which you never really do because the difficulty is quite endless. Multiplayer is fantastic, as long as you have someone who enjoys the game, which is rare, and offers some decent competition. If NES Queen was as good at Pokemon Puzzle League as she was at Dr. Mario, there'd be days of fun to be had.

I have tons of records in old Nintendo Power issues. Star Fox, Banjo, Diddy Kong, Goldneye, a bunch of first placers in San Francisco Rush, etc. I won so much Nintendo stuff.

Posted by TMNT Freak

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I do find it rather hard to find anyone that plays any of the games that I play... no one is as hardcore of a gamer as I am around these parts. I play Pokemon Puzzle League on the hardest level, and my goal is to get through it using at least 2 continues, until I get my game up some more. I always seem to make it to Tracey, and then He always defeats me. He is the only one I really have trouble with.

Well, I guess I have alot of looking up to do through my stockpile of gaming delights.

Sometimes we play Mario Party here at college, whenever my friend Frank asks me to do so. Thats a fun game that tires my hand out rather quickly. I always like being Princess Peach and rubbing it in everyone's faces and letting them know that they were just beaten (virtually, that is) by a girl.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Poco

Quoting Dexter: Hey Corrupt, PM me your address and I'll send you my extra copy of Blast Corps. A kid gave me his 64 and all his games, including Blast Corps, so I have no need for it.

I haven't been playing my 64 lately and whenever I do I simply play Goldeneye, and end up being addicted to it for awhile. My usual moods keep me playing the oldies, whether they be old games I never played before or old games that I enjoy, but recently I've been playing a lot of the newer games I missed out on or brand new titles, such as Pokemon Pearl that was just released. I'd like to get my paws on a copy of Mischief Makers.

paws. paws. paws.

Jesus christ you just gayed up mischief makers for me, you **** furry.

Get it. That game needs all the love you can give it. It's a great platformer/action game, and it's about 6 bux on ebay. It's well worth the money.

Posted by D.J Cat

@Mario Party: I loved how just about anyone could enjoy and have fun with that game.
So random and fun, as long as your not playing with people who go off their nutter when they lose or over nothing, then you can have hours of fun.
So exciting!

@Pokemon Puzzle League: I have a good opponent, but the problem is, hes just TOO good.
He used to own it and play it so much, and as such is such a Hard-OUt, that i've never beaten him.
One day....

Posted by Creedence

The other day I was playing Mega Man 64. It was fun.

Posted by metroidhunter9292

I have an N64 at my Grandmothers house, which I go over to play every other saturday, when i see my mother. (my parents are divorced) Anyway, I have super smash bros, banjo tooie, banjo kazooie, pokemon stadium, pokemon puzzle league, and a whole plethora of others. My personal favorite is Star Wars rogue squadron. second to that is Ocarina of time, and third is Majoras Mask. Wow, I guess i really did NOT notice how many N64 games i had and how often I played them...

Posted by G-Sides

i regret never finishing banjo tooie :( once i get a better system i'm totally gonna rom that ****... and i never beat banjo kazooie i don't think! idk.

it's been so long since i've seen either of those cartridges, or even my system.

Posted by TMNT Freak

i saw those Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie when I last opened my drawer at home.

My friend borrowed one of my N64's and my mom told me he was over the other day and took more of my games, I wonder what he took, because If it is anything remotely fun, that I can remember, I might end up challenging him.

Posted by karateteen14

Yesterday, I plugged up my N64 and played perfect dark and conkers bad fur day. i love conker he is the man.

Posted by The Pain

Last night my old N64 was looking rather dusty just sitting there on the floor so I took it for a ride down memory lane with Bomberman 64. I have to say that is possibly one of the best 64 games I had.
I still wish I had Blast Corps. When I was little I played it often, but i never understood the story, or exactly what i was doing... I did love crushing things with a giant robot though! I think it was about a nuke... im gunna go looking for that thing...

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

yea, i took a break from res2 for a long time...now i want to play it again but i cant remember what im supposed to do, xD. oh well...i'll figure it out eventually

Posted by MikaFeldy

My N64 itself has not been getting much attention lately seeing as I wasn't a big gamer at that time and only have 4 games for it. However my emulator is getting alot of action, with over 30 roms!

Posted by D.J Cat

emulators...lame....

Anyway so what have I been playing in the last month:

Goldeneye:
So I went on a long drive down south to see friends and go to a Smash Melee tournament.
So, I got to play some really good people in Goldeneye along the way. Great times.
Its really good to play people that you have never played before with different styles and whatnot. And they were really good! I won nearly every game but it was great to be pushed to my best for the first time in 4 years.
Oh we had some intense 3 way Golden Gun battles! With final scores of 15 - 13 - 12.
I can't wait to play more good people n the future. Holding a tournament would be sweet.

Killer Instinct Gold:
Back were I used to live me and my friend would play this most weekends, just for 10-15 minutes though cause my friend would get sore fingers from mashing the buttons so hard.
And we both improved at pretty much the same level and got very good at it.
Well, even after not playing for 9 months we were still equal and has some awesome battles.
Also I played against a guy who could do all these Hard-Out moves with Sabrewulf, like stunning them from a fair and these insane combos.
Shame the tournament mode kinda sucks, it just means whoever wins plays on. Doesn't really work well for a tourny.

Road Rash 64:
This was the game we had the most fun with.
Simple whacking each other down the highway fun.
2 players with his game, and just the winner plays on (until they beat everyone).
Great stuff.

Perfect Dark:
Still stands up as a great game, 7 years later.
The old Humans vs Simulants slaughter fest is fun as always, but we make sure to chuck in some hards and whatnot to make it a good struggle.

Posted by TagginDragin

I recently started playing my n64 as well
My dog chewed through the wires some years back, so that took a little bit of handiwork, but once I got it back up and running, it was all good from there.
My favorite games on N64 are
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros.
Zelda and The Ocarina Of Time
Gauntlet Legends
and Super Mario 64
I didn't have many games o.0

Posted by UncleYaris

i actually plugged in my n64 and super nes a couple of weeks ago out of sheer boredom. I spend at least half the day playing Crono Trigger, and the other half Paper Mario.

and on top of it, both of my systems are in mint condition after like 10 years of use for the SNES and like 6 for the N64

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

My wife and I play Mario Kart 64 daily. We thought the dog destroyed the system when he peed on it, and for about 2 weeks, it was out of commission. But we finally decided to give it one last shot, so now, the Mario Kart addiction is back in full force, and the system is stinky but working well.

Posted by JPolito830

I play WWF No Mercy at least 4 times a week...That game will never get old.