Could U Help Me?

Posted by tailslover666

Hi, I'm new around here and I could do with a little help with Sonic 3 for the PS2. (Mega Collection) ...

On Carnival Night Zone Act 2, when playing as Tails alone, you get to a section where you are blocked in a room by a barrier and the only way out (apparently) is to jump up and down on one of those red and white cylindrical shaped things that spin. I, and several of my friends have spent hours attempting to do this and find it impossible. Does anyone know how I get past it-or is there another way around? Please help because it is REALLY frustrating me!

Thanks for your time.

Posted by Arczu

Oh right... that pillar that comes with no explaination... man that was fun!

Jump on top of the object. You have to press up and down as it moves to make it shift. When it finally gets low enough, jump off to the lower left and proceed.

I really don't know what Sega was thinking about that one lol. The thousands of people who threw their hands up at that ones was enormous.

Posted by tailslover666

Seriously though, it seems like I have tried EVERYTHING to get past that bit but I just cant make it get low enough to jump off! Could you tell me when you are meant to jump, press down, up etc coz I swear it is driving me insane! I even tried timing my jumps but I still can't get it. I've completed all the other Sonic games and it's just that one I can't do-it's bugged me since I was a little girl with a SEGA...and I'm 18 now! lol. Thanks!

Posted by Arczu

Don't jump on it repetitively, that doesn't work. Stand ON TOP OF IT so that your character is rotating with it. Press down, then when it comes up, press UP. You repeat the process over and over. It's like a swing, you have to push momentum untill it goes up and down (down far enough for you to jump out the bottom left).

Posted by Zeta

I remember that. I wonder how many people DIDN'T get stuck on that?

Posted by Linko_16

Who else learned to HATE that zone's music while they were stuck on that part?

Posted by Zeta

It only took me about two minutes to figure it out, so the music didn't bug me too much. Accidentally turning into Super Sonic, though... I hate the tune that plays. It's so repetitive!

Posted by Alex_DX

I don't belive it I beated the game fore 10 times and I didn't had much dificulty there