Treo 600

Posted by Killer Jordo

Ok, so I recently got a treo 600. However the serial number on the back is rubbed off. I was wondering if anyone has a treo 600 and if they can give me their seriel number, or the desktop software for the treo 600.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Palmone.com]Treo 600

The serial number is on the back of the device. It is the bottom-most number below the bar codes. It is NOT the ESN Dec, ESN Hex or IMEI code. Serial number rubbed off or missing from back? On Treo 600, the serial number is also stored in ROM. You can look it up on your handheld. Press . Then press . From the Options menu, select Phone Info. The item labeled HS SN is your serial number.

It's amazing what you can [URL="http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(978)#treo600"]find[/URL] when you aren't lazy and do a little bit of Google searching. ;)

Posted by Killer Jordo

Well originally I found the number on the back pic. And its rubbed off so I cant get to it. But thanks trigger.[COLOR="dimGray"]Did I just thank trigger?[/COLOR]

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Killer Jordo]Well originally I found the number on the back pic. And its rubbed off so I cant get to it.
Did you even read the text that I quoted? It mentions how to find the serial code that has been stored in the software. What, did you think the company was stupid enough to believe their sticker is rub-resistent? They always store the information inside the device itself as well as externally, on the sticker.

Posted by brownoystercult

It's like talking to a rock. So don't bother.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Roinkz: It's like talking to a rock. So don't bother.

WRONG!

It's like talking to the average teenager!

ANYWAY! I got it all right and everything.

Posted by Trigger

Plenty of other members here are teens, Killer Jordo and they all grasp simple posts and instructions quite easily. Better than you, at least...