Car Crashing Fun!

Posted by Ant

I crashed the car about 3 hours ago going 60 off an offramp where it's extremely tight turn and said it should be taken at 20 mph. So hold onto the breaks but I just ****ing hydroplane where I can't turn and I only slowed down a little bit to where I think I was going about 30 or so...maybe a bit more. I knew I was going to hit which lead to me yelling "****KKKKKKKKKK....****KKKKKKKKK" and then bashing my hand into the steering wheel(although I didn't feel it until about 10 minutes later.) I then had Derick survey the damage due to inablity to really talk or move. He said it was driveable so I went down a bit to inspect it myself and to mope around for a bit...you know...to compose myself. It could had been worse, but my right hand still hurts when I bashed it against the ****ing steering wheel.

Surprisingly, all my father did was say draw a picture of the accident because of insurence reasons...so I did. And he said he would speak to me about in the morning...which is about 3 hours from now. Joe came in and woke me up after an hour of sleep, which I'm fine with I guess...cause I'm not that tired.

Overall...**** sux. At least I'm still alive and didn't get hurt badly, considering I don't have health insurance. I could have delt with that or what I do now(or nothing at all but it's a little late for that now isn't?).

I don't know if I want to go to work or not. I called in sick this past friday and have been off since then. I'm considering calling in and saying the situation and maybe saying my hand is a bit worse then it really is...but still, I don't think they are that unreasonable.

Anything like this happen to you VGC?! :-D

Posted by mis0

Absolutely, although I didn't wreck it. ;)

I was doing 65mph on NM528 in heavy rain at night. There was next to no traffic, but as I approach a light, it turns yellow. It's far back enough to where I know I gotta stop. I put on the brakes, but at 65mph, I know I was hydroplaning. The wheels lock, and the car starts to slide sideways as I go over a bump through the intersection. With the brights on, I see the guardrail. I look over my left shoulder out the window and lock the steering wheel left, while letting off the brakes. The car thrashes left violently once I make contact with the rough shoulder and away from the guard rail. I floor it purposey so the front wheels loose traction again, and I can put the car back on course.

The only thing that saved me from totalling my car was the understeer that's built in to front wheel drive cars and the fact that I was the only one insane enough to travel in those conditions.

It really sucks that you got in an accident, though, dude. When my friend totalled his car (with me in it) I got some serious whiplash and it still hurts on occassion to this day, three years later. Hopefully you won't get into too much trouble and you'll feel better. Just be glad you didn't get anything worse. :/

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah, it was close to this time last year when three kids from my school were killed in a car crash. Cant say I knew them to well though. It just seems that this transition period between winter and spring is accident prone. Im not sure why you entitled this topic Car Crashing Fun though lol. ;) Hope your hand feels better.

Posted by Ant

I never really mentioned how bad the damage was...The front corner got cut thru, which also messed up the hood apparently and the headlight got dislogged. From what my Father said, depending on what parts need to get replaced...it could cost anywhere from 500-2000 dollors. Hopefully it'll be on the lower end of that.

He also basically told me he's going to get me my own car...which I suppose is good in it's own right...nothing amazing mind you. And I have to pay for the total repairs of his. Which may or may not drain my bank account.

Then again, I could always report this to the insurance company and have 2 points added onto my record and pay a **** load more for the insurance. But at this point, I'm thinking just paying for the repairs itself would be best, in the long run.

Heh, standing in the rain for 10 minutes really clears your mind out. Gets you in sense with the real emo part of your inner self. lol

Posted by The Punisher

The emo part of me grew balls and slit its wrists and dyed so I have no emo part. lol. Well at least you get your own car. Ive gotta work for mine.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Ant: I never really mentioned how bad the damage was...The front corner got cut thru, which also messed up the hood apparently and the headlight got dislogged. From what my Father said, depending on what parts need to get replaced...it could cost anywhere from 500-2000 dollors. Hopefully it'll be on the lower end of that.

He also basically told me he's going to get me my own car...which I suppose is good in it's own right...nothing amazing mind you. And I have to pay for the total repairs of his. Which may or may not drain my bank account.

Even $2000 is cheap for an accident like the one you described. And yeah, if you report it to the insurance, you're going to get highers rates and points docked/added to your license (however yours works).

Once you get your own car, life will be swell, but it's going to cost you if he makes you pay the insurance, regular service, fuel, etc costs. I'd just make sure you maintain your car properly; it'll save ya in the long run.

Posted by chec

Quoting Ant:
I don't know if I want to go to work or not. I called in sick this past friday and have been off since then. I'm considering calling in and saying the situation and maybe saying my hand is a bit worse then it really is...but still, I don't think they are that unreasonable.

don't be a pussy, ant, minor accidents like that aren't even worth a single day off work. when i was younger my mother got into an accident which flipped the car on the side with me on the bottom end and i needed a series of stitches in my leg. the only reason i missed a day of school was because i was on my way to school when it happened

Posted by billards

Here in California you won't get points takin off your license unless the police were involved and you were ticketed. The only that would happen is that your insurance rates will go up. I will take pics today and upload when I get back home on Sat. Hey atleast you will get a new car out of it;)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Some states and insurance companies require you to report any accidents to the insurance company, or its considered insurance fruad. You might want to check on that.

And the closest I've come to crashing is almost side swiping one of my teachers after hitting a pothole at about a hundred. Fortunately, I didnt, and I think I scared her enough by doing it that she didnt want to bring it up.

Posted by The Judge

Glad I was there to tell you the accident wasn't so bad and take you out of your relatively shocked state. You were just sitting there breathing in gasps because you thought the entire front would be crushed and you'd have to call a tow-truck. Thank God for that, huh?

Also, just to be a jack[COLOR="White"]a[/COLOR]ss, I'm going to say that inspecting the tire in the rain got my suit wet, so thanks, moron. :p:

I'm surprised your dad didn't hit the roof. Unlike you. Man, I've never actually seen you as angry as you were right at the point of impact.

Posted by billards

The only that happened to me in the rain really was almost spinning out my truck in the rain. I was trying to make a left hand turn onto our main street and I running a yellow. I hit the cross-walk lines and my mud terrains didn't like those lines. My tires spung and I fishtailed and I finaly regained control right at the curb. Some little girl walking home was staring at me wide eyed.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I love intentionally fishtailing in the rain. Its like drifting, but without the control.

Posted by mis0

DORIFUTO!!!!!

Posted by sniper

I believe your exact words when I nearly crashed in a similar incident were "What, can't handle a bit of rain?" :mad:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

That sucks. I've never been in an accident (while I was driving, at least) and it's been over three years now. I wonder how much longer that'll last. At least you're all right.

Posted by Ant

Quoting sniper: I believe your exact words when I nearly crashed in a similar incident were "What, can't handle a bit of rain?" :mad:

HEY!...I'm not used to driving in the rain alright buddy?!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Misoxeny: DORIFUTO!!!!!

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/dorfutobanner.png]Worst banner ever.[/url]

Posted by mis0

Hey hey, now. I live the dorifuto. I breathe the dorifuto. Let's not be hating the dorifuto.

Posted by sniper

ドリフト!!!

Posted by KoH

lmao... all I have to say is if I visit any of you: I'm f*cking driving, you crazy *ss b*stards.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Misoxeny: Hey hey, now. I live the dorifuto. I breathe the dorifuto. Let's not be hating the dorifuto.

Dont you drive a front wheel drive Kia? Poser. :P

Quoting KoH: lmao... all I have to say is if I visit any of you: I'm f*cking driving, you crazy *ss b*stards.

You are coming to Florida, and you will let me drive you somewhere in the rain. This is non-negotiable.

Posted by mis0

I drive a Hyundai, thanks (although technically they're the same thing in America - same chassis & powertrain). Obviously you've never gone thrashing a front wheel drive around in reverse. I think it's both horrifying and fun.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1606131131387486778&q=civic]Sounds like fun.:cool:[/url]

Posted by NES Queen

yet another reason why teenage boys shouldnt be allowed to drive. same thing happend to a friend of mine. his younger brothers friend was driving too fast off the offramp and ended up flipping their suv. my friend ended up with a broken back and is now paralyzed from the waist down. his brother was lucky and walked away with just a broken collar bone, and the idiot driver walked away unharmed.

Posted by The Judge

I doubt it's an age/gender issue.

Posted by Ant

Oh, it is. That's why we pay more for insurance then girls :cool2:

Posted by The Judge

Cause everyone knows women can't drive. When we see a woman driving, we steer far clear of her to avoid her losng emotional control and crashing into us.

Posted by NES Queen

the gender issue is debatable, however the age issue is not. younger, more inexperienced drivers tend to get into more accidents (fatal ones too) because either

1. they panic and dont react properly when things dont go as expected
2. dont drive properly for the conditions given because they dont think its as big a deal as it is (speeding in the rain, tailgating with ice and snow...)
3. they have friends in the car and either arnt' paying as much attention as they should be, or feel they need to impress their friends somehow. no one is ever labeled as cool or hip by driving safe and slow, and younger people tend to worry more about what their friends think than older people.

Posted by Shade

God, it seems I'm the only one here without a license. :(

Quoting Ant: Oh, it is. That's why we pay more for insurance then girls :cool2:

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?! Equality my *ss.

Posted by The Judge

You give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile.

Posted by mis0

Quoting NES Queen: the gender issue is debatable, however the age issue is not. younger, more inexperienced drivers tend to get into more accidents (fatal ones too) because either

1. they panic and dont react properly when things dont go as expected
2. dont drive properly for the conditions given because they dont think its as big a deal as it is (speeding in the rain, tailgating with ice and snow...)
3. they have friends in the car and either arnt' paying as much attention as they should be, or feel they need to impress their friends somehow. no one is ever labeled as cool or hip by driving safe and slow, and younger people tend to worry more about what their friends think than older people.

I'd say most of them are just idiots. I know how to have fun with my car but I don't do anything more than speed on public roads. Yes, I admit I'm a a bit heavy footed, usually going over the limit everywhere except in residential areas (lots of pedestrians and kids, too risky).

The problem isn't speed, per se. It's the sphere of awareness. The posted speed limit is what most people can safely handle on a road, assuming they have a properly maintained vehicle, are devoting full attention to the road, and are driving with care. Most people, especially teens, have distractions present: radio/CDs, mobile phones, friends, food/drinks/cigs, etc. These are often, in my opinion, considerable factors in accidents. IE: Two weeks ago, a car plowed into the car next to me at an intersection. Cause: Cell phone.

Posted by billards

Quoting Ant: Oh, it is. That's why we pay more for insurance then girls :cool2:

Statically speaking girls/women have more accident than men. It is slowly becoming equal. Many moons ago men had more, but then again women wheren't driving as much. Now that women are driving more and more, the statics show they have more accidents.

I highly doubt it is a age/gender issue. I know more woman around my age who can't drive worth ****! The fishtail I had was because of the tires I had(offroad). The tires weren't meant to handle well in the rain. The accident I had was, involved a 19yo woman who turned infront of me coming out of a driveway.

I always speed, most speed limits are lower than the highest legal speed limit. Like in California if there is a double yellow or an island the maximum speed limit is 55mph, but a majority of the streets are 45 and under.

Posted by Trigger

Ironic, Billards, that you say it's women who are having the most accidents yet you confessed to always speeding. No wonder you were involved in an accident. As for you, Ant, cry me a river - it serves you right for doing 60 on an off-ramp. What, couldn't get where you wanted to go fast enough?

Posted by Ant

...normally that's pretty slow considering the speed limit was 65 on the freeway...It was a sharp turn...had I know it was that tight I would have been driving slower. But thanks for your sympathy :/

And for the record, women suck at driving LOL

Posted by Trigger

Yes, Ant, five less is definitely a lot slower and safer. Besides, the fact that you didn't know what the turn was like proves your even more of an idiot for taking the off-ramp so quickly. As I said, serves you right - your actions don't deserve sympathy of any kind.

Posted by mis0

I hate this sexist crap. Certain members of this forum really suck at driving. These members aren't equal to, but rather, less than, me.

And, it should be noted, speeding doesn't cause accidents. I've never been involved in an accident when I was driving, and I quite often speed. It can be a factor.

But, regardless, it looks like only dudes have wrecked it here, and we have quite a few women drivers on this forum. Makes your arguement look weak.

Posted by The Judge

Fun fact: You're less likely to get hit from driving like a maniac than you'd actually think! It's been proven that drivers who are aware of you will do their best to avoid an accident by swerving out of your way! So kids, drive against oncoming traffic! It's fun and helps build your reaction time!

The more you know!

Posted by Ant

Trigger, I'm just going to call you a ***** and we'll call it even.

I was driving with the flow of traffic. And had it not been raining I wouldn't have had any accident. I hydroplaned. Had I known the turn was so sharp, yes, I would have gone slower. But I didn't, thus, ACCIDENT. I guess that makes me a ****ing idiot though, dur hur.

Posted by mis0

Aww, Someones pride is hurt. How cute!

Posted by sniper

[quote]Ironic, Billards, that you say it's women who are having the most accidents yet you confessed to always speeding. No wonder you were involved in an accident. As for you, Ant, cry me a river - it serves you right for doing 60 on an off-ramp. What, couldn't get where you wanted to go fast enough?
This post is just SOAKING in penis envy!

Posted by Ant

Quoting Misoxeny: Aww, Someones pride is hurt. How cute!

My internet pride...?

I could care less. I have much more to worry about IRL then internet wise. .......yup.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Ant: Trigger, I'm just going to call you a ***** and we'll call it even.

I was driving with the flow of traffic. And had it not been raining I wouldn't have had any accident. I hydroplaned. Had I known the turn was so sharp, yes, I would have gone slower. But I didn't, thus, ACCIDENT. I guess that makes me a ****ing idiot though, dur hur.

DUDE, since when? 60mph through a "tight" offramp and a posted speed limit of 20mph still would have ='d crash. Like, where did you get your license, and explain how you would have pulled off that maneuver, 'cause that'd be a stretch even with performance tyres, skill, and a car set up for that sort of thing.

Posted by Ant

I saw the sign right when the turn began, thus, not enough time for me to react under the conditions(rain).

Posted by Shade

Seems logical to me.

Now, it may just be me, but it seems that Trigger always has to take the offensive and attack anybody no matter what happened. Seriously, stop being such a bitch and try being nice once in a while.

Posted by mis0

Actually, most people with common sense would know what Ant is suggesting to do is likely to cause an accident even in perfect conditions unless you're a skilled driver with a proper sports car. I support the Trigger; Ant is wrong.

Posted by Azusa

I'm glad you weren't hurt, Anty. Things should turn out fine, just try not to freak out over the whole situation; it makes things so much worse. I certainly know how you feel, though.

Posted by NES Queen

from everything you've said ant, the cause of the accident was you not driving safely. it was raining, and not only were you going on an off ramp (that alone should have made you start to slow down significantly), but it was one you weren't familiar with. so all in all, consider yourself lucky that you guys didnt get hurt.

trigger's right in the fact that you sorta had it coming to you. however, her lack of compassion and the inference that she's almost bitter you weren't injured is what makes her a ****

Posted by Ant

I know it was my fault. Otherwise none of this would have happened :p

And yeah, that's sorta what ticked me off...the whole bitter thing. Probably just a misunderstanding though, so all is well.

Posted by Random

Eh I was in a wreck if that counts. It was me driving but I didn't wreck into someone, they wrecked into me. I was going probably about 60 MPH or so and a deer jumped out. My lightning fast reflexes (Which are rather fast) managed to slow down go on the shoulder of the road and stop before any sort of contact with the Deer. However the guy behind me realizing that he doesn't have fast reactions didn't even seem to bother to stop. He was probably 6 seconds or so behind me and didn't stop in time. Wrecked right into my car. It sucked horribly. Actually it was my moms car. Japanese piece of crap... and his Chevy truck wasn't damaged at all.. my Moms Rice Burner was completely destroyed from the trunk into mid way of the backseat. I also almost went into a pond..

I also almost got into a wreck the other day where a jerkoff didn't yield and he was nice enough to flip me off because he failed to yield and he also followed me and complained to me.. Funny because he didn't yield and it's his **** fault.. Oh well *Shrugs*

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've been known to regularly hit triple digits on highways. To this date, I have been involved in one accident. A woman on a cell phone with her kids in her car backed into me as I was leaving a mall parking lot.

Oh, wait, obviously it was my fault since I have a penis LOL

Also, I challenge Khaos to a super mad drift/race.

Posted by mis0

I'll have to rent a rear-wheel drive of some sort. My mod of choice: BALD TYRES LOL!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Actaully, front whell drive cars can drift with proper modifications, so I've been told. Not having a front wheel drive car, I havet tried this, but maybe you'll want to.

Go to a fat food place, and steal about 10 of those plastic serving trays. Make sure that they are the completely flat kind, though. As in, no compartment walls or anything. Then, go home, and tie them five apeice under the rear wheels of your car. I'm not sure what is best to use here, because the person that tod me about this wasnt that specific, but it shouldnt matter as long as they're held on well. Then, just start your car up, drive about 10 feet to get some momentum, and then turn. Your back tires will have about zero grip due to the plastic, and the rear will slide out accordingly.

If you try this, let me know if it works/take pics/video. Just be warned that the trays tend to get shredded by the ground rather quickly. I think its something like one or two turns per tray before it wears comepetely through (hence using more than on tray).

Edit: This doesnt really bolster the "gender plays no role" arguement very well, now, does it.:(

Posted by mis0

That so fun that I'm tempted to use my parents 4,500lb behemoth van to do it. We're getting rid of it soon in favour of a Saab 9-3 Aero with, yup, TURBOZ!!1

I can't wait although I'll probably be forbidden from using. Not that I blame them, though.

Edit: Not the wagon, they said it's just the sedan I think. Whatever.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The van's extra weight might cause the trays to get eaten up much faster. The guy I know who did this did it with a little civic hatch.:X

Posted by mis0

Well, if it's just about creating zero friction, then why not cut some orange barrels in half, and then stick them over the wheels (and maybe mount them with with those steel cables they use in winter) so it'd roll and only loose friction in turns.

Posted by billards

Quoting Trigger: Ironic, Billards, that you say it's women who are having the most accidents yet you confessed to always speeding. No wonder you were involved in an accident. As for you, Ant, cry me a river - it serves you right for doing 60 on an off-ramp. What, couldn't get where you wanted to go fast enough?

My accident had nothing to do with speed. As I said the woman made an illegal left hand turn in front of me. She recieved a ticket for failure to yeild right of way. I was doing roughly 15-20mph in a 25mph zone. Its called reading comprention. I confessed to speeding, speed isn't always a factor. Woman have more distractions when driving. I have been driving for 3 1/2 years and my only accident wasn't my fault. I get to know my car and what she can do, how she handles. Woman generally don't do that.

The only other time I almost got in a accident was, when I almost spun out. My offroad tires slipped on the cross-walk paint and spun the right rear tire. As I was making the left hand turn my right turn spun, making my truck make a sharp turn to the right. I quickly regained control of my truck and off I went. I drove a lot in the rain with my offroad tires and that was the only time I really had a problem. Mud Terrain tires aren't designed to handle well in the rain, and I never expected that. I drove 3 years with those tires, and that was my only problem.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Billards]As I said the woman made an illegal left hand turn in front of me.
Actually, what you said was that a nineteen year old woman turned out in front of you whilst coming out of a driveway. I suggest you check the details you've already stated before telling me that I was wrong. I based my comment on the information you gave, which now differs from what you're currently stating. :cookie:

[quote=Ant]Had I known the turn was so sharp, yes, I would have gone slower. But I didn't, thus, ACCIDENT.
Thus my claim that you had it coming to you for not taking the proper precautions on an off-ramp that you were clearly unfamiliar with. You can continue to try and defend yourself about making the turn that you weren't familiar with, but by your own claim, it was raining on that day; that alone should have made you cautious about doing 60 on an off-ramp specified to be 20. I stand by my statement and if you want to think I am a bitch or bitter, both of which I feel are false, you can be my guest to think it. I would much rather be claimed bitter and a bitch than stupid enough to drive so wrecklessly in the rain.

No, I wouldn't want you severely injured or dead for your actions but I do feel that you shouldn't receive my sympathy. So you hurt your wrist, boo-hoo, it's all your own fault; stop feeling sorry for yourself and suck it up, Ant.

Posted by The Judge

INTERNET BATTLE!

Posted by Ant

Quoting Trigger: No, I wouldn't want you severely injured or dead for your actions but I do feel that you shouldn't receive my sympathy. So you hurt your wrist, boo-hoo, it's all your own fault; stop feeling sorry for yourself and suck it up, Ant.

Didn't you read my other post...? :( I know it's my fault silly.

And my hand is all better now!

Posted by The Judge

It doesn't matter if you admit your mistakes on this board!

People will still insult you for it!

LEARN THAT!

Posted by billards

Quoting Trigger: Actually, what you said was that a nineteen year old woman turned out in front of you whilst coming out of a driveway. I suggest you check the details you've already stated before telling me that I was wrong. I based my comment on the information you gave, which now differs from what you're currently stating. :cookie:

Sorry to assume. Saying she turned infront of me implies she was at fault, because it is I believe a law across the states that says that someone making a left hand turn must yield to other drivers. I don't know it would have been my fault any way I look at it. Even if I was speeding at the time, she still would have exicuted an unsafe turn. To exicute a left hand turn it must be safe.

People who have made left hand turns on a yellow or red(when in an intersection like you should) have been found at fault when they were hit. Even though the other person ran the light. You have know you make the turn without the other person hitting them.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Billards]Saying she turned infront of me implies she was at fault, because it is I believe a law across the states that says that someone making a left hand turn must yield to other drivers.
Yes, but as I said, all you had mentioned at the time was that the nineteen-year-old turned out in front of you from a driveway. It wasn't until later, in your defense that speeding doesn't cause accidents, that you began to mention that it was a left hand turn and what speed you were doing. By the way, I obviously do not live in the same country as you, so the laws that apply to yeilding right-of-way aren't as obvious to me as they may be to you.

As for "reading comprention", well... :cookie:

Posted by NES Queen

stop being so anal trigger. he was just making a comment in passing trying to simply provide an example of a situation where a girl was at fault for an accident. its common practice to provide specific examples (first hand accounts, such as his, are even better) to back up ones claims. it wasn't about speeding and its impact on causing accidents, it was simply a gender issue comment. if you want him to provide a 3 page essay on the specifics proving speed had nothing to do with this woman causing his accident, i'm sure he would be happy to oblige.

billiards, what were you thinking? how dare you make a comment without providing every single minute detail, leading others to make incorrect assumptions and not feel as though they were there with you at the time of the incident? next time you mention any kind of accidents, be sure to include the color of both vehicles, the position of the sun, type of asphalt you were driving on, and the distance to the nearest 7-11.

back on topic: ant, so whats the outcome? how much damage to the car? any plans on taking a defensive driving class to help with your soon to be increasing insurance costs and so you'll learn not to role play as speed racer anymore?

Posted by mis0

Quoting NES Queen: any plans on taking a defensive driving class to help with your soon to be increasing insurance costs and so you'll learn not to role play as speed racer anymore?

The accelerator pedal isn't mans best friend. :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Blasphemous heathen >:o

Posted by Ant

Idk the cost yet :/ I'll find out probably next week or sometime within then.

In other news, I got a ****ty 1993 Dodge Intreped, it's not that amazing, but it's okay. It was a mere $2000.

Heh, and no, I don't plan on taking driving school ;o

Posted by The Judge

Hey, Anthony, let's go driving really fast again! It's not raining, but I sure would be impressed if you were to drive extremely fast for no reason! [spoiler]XBOX[/spoiler]

Posted by Ant

Alright, I'll be sliting my wrists though...

Posted by The Judge

Don't worry, I just got 4 new CD's of Linkin Park!

That's like 30 minutes of music!

Posted by sniper

Going the speed limit seems like such a waste of time, though. Even though going 45 in a 35 will only save about 8%. <_>

Posted by mis0

It's not magic, it's a radar jammer!