Suggestions to get me started?

Posted by brownoystercult

Okay, so this time around, I'm thinking of getting a Gamecube. Yes, it's late but I can't pass up the new Zelda that's coming up. Aside from Super Smash Bros. what games should I pick up? What color should I get? And so on.

Posted by Zeta

Metroid Prime and Tales of Symphonia!

Posted by Colonel

I say Wind Waker, and Animal Crossing. i don't know about tales of Symphonia the bosses are a tick hard in my opinion.

Posted by ExoXile

Resident Evil 4.

Posted by bazariah

luigis mansion, wave race: bluestorm, viewtiful joe, super mario sunshine, animal crossing, megaman aniversary collection, sonic adventure 2, sonic mega collection, doshin the giant, smash bros melee, pikmin, mario kart double dash are all essential purchases

Posted by Ant

You mentioned doshin the giant...they don't sell that in the states for some odd reason. Probably due to all the religious **** in it. A little too hardcore for NoA to handle I suppose. Oh well :/

Quoting ExoXile: Resident Evil 4.

I'm playing it for the PS2..

Anyway, I got mine from a friend. Mint condition, two controllers, one memory card and Mario Party 6 for $85.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Roinkz: I'm playing it for the PS2..

You ****ing loser.. :(

How?

I could careless about how the graphics are a hair better on the cube.

Added features for the win.

Posted by ExoXile

RE4 for the GCN = Originality! :o

Same game. They haven't taken away anything. They've added more. Seriously, how is the GCN game better in any way?

Posted by ExoXile

Smoother framerate?

Hardly. Actually from my experience so far, the game hasn't slowed down one bit.

Oh yeah, and like 2 second longer load times on the PS2. Big whoop.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Roinkz:
Oh yeah, and like 2 second longer load times on the PS2. Big whoop.

Indeed, it IS! :o

Jeez, if you're that impatient...

Posted by Random

I have a good suggestion. Don't buy the Gamecube.. Wait for the Revolution. It's less than a year away and god knows when twilight princess will even be released. Plus the Gamecube will drop in price soon. At least hold off or buy a Gamecube bundle. Thats what I suggest. I'm not buying a Cube anytime soon if at all. Probably just play Twilight Princess when I acquire my Revolution.

Posted by ExoXile

So.. now you will but REV?

You're too late, he's bought one already. :cool:

Seriously, can you read SR?

I'm happy I bought my GC for cube. Great for when the friends spend the night.

Posted by Random

Eh sorry I didn't read through the posts. I've become lazy and I just got off of work. Yes I can read but I wasn't reading due to laziness. My apologies. Pick up Mario Strikers. Definately a good game for you and your friends :-P

Posted by Hammered On

I hated Animal Crossing.. fun at first, but it got boring quickly. Too repetitive.

Get a decently big memory card. The original one I got filled up quickly.

I don't know if you already own these, but here's suggestions:

SSX series
Lost Kingdoms
Burnout Series
Wreckless
Mario Kart
Mario Golf

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Okay - Metroid Prime (1 or 2, they're both excellent, but not both as you'll never play one of them). Wind Waker, of course. Smash bros. and Mario Kart are no-brainers.

Other than that, grab a Prince of Persia game if you haven't already. Wonderful games.

I think you might run out of cash at this point.

Posted by GameMiestro

Metal Gear Solid: TTS, of course.

Posted by Random

Well Games I personally would purchase:

1.Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (Playstation 1 remake)
2.Zelda OOT Masterquest (N64 remake)
3.Mario Strikers (My favorite exclusive Gamecube game)
4.Fire Emblem
5.Resident Evil 0-3 (4 just made me sick. idk why it wasn't bloody or gross, just the graphics engine I couldn't bare to look at without throwing up).
6.Mario Baseball

Rentals I suggest:
1.Metroid Prime 1-2 (Isn't really that hard... Kinda gets boring quickly I thought)
2.SSBM (Easy to beat, multiplayer is decent for a couple days tops)

Games you may like that I just absolutely got bored of easily:
1.Tales of Symphonia (I liked the game for the most part but the battle system was horrid)
2.Zelda Windwaker (Parts of the game were fun, the graphics were a little annoying, and about 3/4's of the way through it turned to mesh with it's boringness).
3.Mario Sunshine (I enjoyed this game to be honest. Most people don't care for it but I thought it was a fun game :) )

Eh thats it for now. I can't think of numerous Gamecube titles to suggest or not suggest at the moment.

Quoting SomebodyRandom:
2.Zelda OOT Masterquest (N64 remake)

Boy, I certainly wish I had that game. Where can I get it?! :(

Okay so far I have:
Mario Golf: TT
Mario Kart: DD
Mario Party 6
F-Zero GX
StarFox Adventures
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Posted by Klarth

You could: Get a viper modchip and a modem and just download the games, then stream them from your computer's HD.

If not, then get Tales of Symphonia, Timesplitters: Future Perfect and Super Smash Bros pls.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting Roinkz: Boy, I certainly wish I had that game. Where can I get it?! :(

You can't buy that game. :( Unless you ordered it from eBay if you really wanted it. :cool:

Another suggestion is Viewtiful Joe. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/legendofzeldaoot/index.html?q=Ocarina%20of%20Time

Yeah, a pre-order item from Wind Waker. ****. Best pre-order item EVER.

It shows up in preowned bins pretty often in the UK.

Buy one, and send it to me. And I send you money?

Wouldn't work on your GameCube.

Posted by ExoXile

I have it! :cool:

Yeah, so do I. But I got it with my copy of Wind Waker, so I don't know if it counts.

Posted by Dexter

Starfox Adventures is a beautifully crafted game. The graphics are gorgeous and the characters are simply rad. Tales of Symphonia is a wonderful RPG game with a marvelously structured story. If you like good stories that explores many issues and makes you think about them, then this would certainly be a good choice. For multiplayer enjoyment, Super Smash Bros and Mario Party 7 are good choices. My friends and I have been having a fantastic time with all the Mario Party mini-games.

Posted by sergio11

i would not say take this advise because i most likely like different things compared to you (which is not a bad thing). i would say pick a game of each type. because some times ok most times i have friends round they are different to other friends i have, so i have one of each type of game so if they want a first person shooter i have that (same with any other type of game). if you do not have friends (i am sure you do) i would say you should get games you like (like say you like racing) look at pictures and gameplay on the internet and graphics and all that. i would say avoid reviews because no matter what they will be biased (even if it is not by much it is still biased) and a review is what people think and we all think differently. but like i said at the start you do not have to take this advise this is just my opinion.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, Windwaker and SSBM are pretty much a must... ANIMAL CROSSING. Tales of Symphonia's supposed to be good too. ANIMAL CROSSING. Battalion Wars is pretty sweet. ANIMAL CROSSING.

lol subliminal messaging

Posted by Klarth

One thing I noticed about ANIMAL CROSSING is that it gets MOTHER****ING BORING after TWO MONTHS of play.

I reiterate: Tales of Symphonia.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Klarth: One thing I noticed about ANIMAL CROSSING is that it gets MOTHER****ING BORING after TWO MONTHS of play.

QFT!

Rent Shadow the Hedgehog; it's not as bad as everyone says. Hell, it's probably my favorite 3D Sonic game, despite the fact that I hate that black hedgehog.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Klarth: One thing I noticed about ANIMAL CROSSING is that it gets MOTHER****ING BORING after TWO MONTHS of play.

Or never.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Zeta: QFT!

Rent Shadow the Hedgehog; it's not as bad as everyone says. Hell, it's probably my favorite 3D Sonic game, despite the fact that I hate that black hedgehog.

I hate it. Best? Are you serious? It sucks. Bad. And I love the Sonic Series! I honestly can't believe Sonic Team would allow that game to be released. They had to realize what a pile of **** they had on their hands. Maybe if they worked on the level design of the game a bit, it would be acceptable at least, but no, it's sh[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]t.

As for Animal Crossing, it's boring.

Posted by Shade

As for Ant, he's a gay.

Posted by Shade

Power abuse! Power abuse!

Oh, and Baten Kaitos is supposed to be good.

Posted by Zeta

Meh, I suppose the fact that Shadow concentrates on one character instead of 6-12 is what did it for me. I honestly don't know why I like the game, I just do.

And despite the horror of Vector's VA, I must say that Cosmic Fall is one of the best 3D Sonic levels ever.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Pikmin 1 and 2, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Animal Crossing are all excellent. :)

Posted by holy_flare

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is good.

Posted by ExoXile

If... You have 3 buddies with GBA's.

Posted by Dexter

Which nobody does. I've never met anyone who went through four player Final Fantasy. I've never even seen anyone play four player on anything using four Game Boy Advances along with the four hook ups that one would need. That set up is ridiculous. I don't understand why they couldn't just use the Game Cube's controllers. FF:CC definitely needed more single player support, too. There are certainly better RPGs on the Cube, such as Baiten Kaitos. Now there's a terrific adventure.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Which nobody does. I've never met anyone who went through four player Final Fantasy. I've never even seen anyone play four player on anything using four Game Boy Advances along with the four hook ups that one would need. That set up is ridiculous.

and that's why nintendo abandonded it. They really should have thought it through.

Posted by ExoXile

I've played it with one friend, and since one of us has to carry the chalice it wasn't all that fun, at all.

I did however enjoy the singleplayer, it wasn't all that bad.
Still there are better ones out there.
Tales of Symphonia! :)

Posted by devil slayr

Quoting ExoXile: Resident Evil 4.

The best game for the game cube. AMEN!!!!

Posted by holy_flare

[quote=ExoXile]

I did however enjoy the singleplayer, it wasn't all that bad.
Still there are better ones out there.
Tales of Symphonia! :)

True. It wasn't that bad. And Tales of Symphonia is better!:-D

Posted by ASUKA

Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Kart, RESIDENT EVIL 4, and any of the Harvest Moon games.

Posted by GameMiestro

Seeing how he posted this nearly 5 months ago, we're probably not doing him much good.