What was your first song of 2006?

Posted by sabre

Stolen from another website because I'm original like that.

I was listening to Therion - Voyage of Gurdjieff as the year turned, but Geddy Lee - My Favorite Headache is the first one I listened to that was in 2006 in its entirity.

[edit: For anyone who doesn't see this thread until later on tomorrow and so can't remember, winamp users can find a list of the most recently played songs (and their times) by going into Media Library -> Local Media -> Recently Played.]

Posted by MetalVox~55

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/metalvox/NewYearSong.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by The Punisher

Well, ATP, my band, were playing at a friends. It was cold as ****, but it kicked ***. So I think we were in the middle of our song Disciples.

Posted by Stalolin

The Captain Planet theme song in German.

Which would be more understandable if I was drunk.

Posted by The Punisher

Quoting Stalolin: The Captain Planet theme song in German.

Which would be more understandable if I was drunk.

:) HaHa. Captin Planet he's a hero, gona take polution down to zero!
Captin Planet, der er ein Held ist, nimmt gona polution zu null hinunter!

Posted by Arwon

Whatever the **** was playing on the stereo at the party I was at, at 1 minute past midnight last night, I guess.

Posted by Philsdad

http://www.steamboats.org/audio/bol-calliope-4.mp3

This song here was the first complete song I listened to in 2006. Not sure what the name of the song is. It rules though, whatever it is.

Posted by Richaod

I listened to Black Sabbath, by Black Sabbath. On purpose. For some weird metal symbolism.

Posted by gOdOfWaR

i listend to the great KAT 6:00pm until 6:00am over and over and over

Posted by Shin-Ra

My buddy was playing some Primus at midnight and then we listened to a band with a name like Wargore.

Posted by Axis

Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter ~ Iron Maiden. So evil, but such a catchy tune. :(

Posted by Pit

I put on Hallowed be thy Name at soon as the clock hit midnight.

Posted by The Punisher

Quoted post: then we listened to a band with a name like Wargore

Haha, That sir, is one of the most underground bands Ive ever listend to. Seriously, the only place I think to get their album is from the record lables website. I think that the bands official website is on a .tk url, and they just shut the service down. Realy funny stuff.

Posted by s0ul

Something by Hillary Duff, she was on TV while we toasted!

Posted by mis0

I think it was probably Atom's "White Car."

I don't really remember though because everything from the last 2 days has been a hazy blur.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The Punisher: Well, ATP, my band

As in an adenosine-derived nucleotide, C10H16N5O13P3, that contains high-energy phosphate bonds and is used to transport energy to cells for biochemical processes, including muscle contraction and enzymatic metabolism, through its hydrolysis to ADP?

Inferno (Unleash the Fire) ~ Symphony X

Posted by The Punisher

Actually, close enough. Nah, the name is stupidly long, and just stupid. Auschwitz Thunder Pig. =)

Posted by Creature

Rush 2112

Posted by brownoystercult

Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Posted by Kamek

I think it was "And she said" - Lucas Prada, because I was djing.

Posted by Trigger

Steve Vai, that's all I can remember; from "Real Illusions: Reflections," definitely.

Posted by Corrupt

John B. - "We Like the Music"

Nice, relaxing song with a very tropical feel to it. I originally heard it on the "Chilled kittens" video on rathergood.com. Good times.

In fact, I was browsing that website a few hours after the new year. Hah.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Rosanna by Toto. Heh.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

arch enemy-we will rise.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting The Punisher: Actually, close enough. Nah, the name is stupidly long, and just stupid. Auschwitz Thunder Pig. =)

dude, im sorry, but that is the worst name i've ever heard :(

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: dude, im sorry, but that is the worst name i've ever heard :(

That's the point.

Apothic Sinfonia just sounds... obscure, and misspelled. But if it works for you...

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Sweet Home Alabama, by some random cover band at a bar.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Richaod: That's the point.

Apothic Sinfonia just sounds... obscure, and misspelled. But if it works for you...

Aphotic*

Typo. Shut up, nobody likes you.

Posted by The Punisher

It doesnt matter, I dont think everything should have a lable thats like wow that name makes me sick or wow that name inspires me, its just Auschwitz Thunder Pig. If we wanted too, im sure we could have came up with something better. Although, we dont care much, its a fun name and a fun band.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I honestly like the name, even if it's not as glorious as Sonic Death Monkey. It's obviously, like Punisher said, a 'fun' band, and that couldn't be complete without a ridiculous name.

Posted by Fate

The first song I listened to was that Gold Digger song by Kanye West. I really like that song. It's pretty catchy and it's nice to dance to.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Nevermore- The Final Product

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: Aphotic*

That makes it sound even more obscure and misspelled. >_>

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Richaod: That makes it sound even more obscure and misspelled. >_>

a·pho·tic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-ftk)
adj.
Having no light.
Of or relating to the region of a body of water that is not reached by sunlight and in which photosynthesis is unable to occur.

sin·fo·ni·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sn-fn-)
n.
An instrumental composition serving as an overture, as to an opera or cantata, especially in the 18th century.
A symphonic composition.

Rough translation:
Dark Symphonic Piece of Music

Confused now?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Take it to private messages if this argument is really that important. All posts relating to that subject will be deleted from here on out.

Posted by chec

beck - girl

Posted by Lord of Spam

The first song I remember hearing (and drunkenly singing to) was Tribute by Tenacious D, but there had to have been others before it, since that wasnt the first song on the cd.

Posted by Klarth

Iron Maiden - "Out of the Silent Planet"

Decided to get the record deck working just so I could listen to the b-tracks, and yeah.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Shade: As in an adenosine-derived nucleotide, C10H16N5O13P3, that contains high-energy phosphate bonds and is used to transport energy to cells for biochemical processes, including muscle contraction and enzymatic metabolism, through its hydrolysis to ADP?

Inferno (Unleash the Fire) ~ Symphony X

Dude, you could have just said Adenosine Tri-Phosphate. =/

Hmm, I think my first song was Pain of Salvation - Chain Sling. I was at my Dad's house on that day with no way to listen to music and I had been playing the tune to that song on my guitar that whole weekend, so it's most probably what I started.

Posted by netman

Quoting Richaod: That's the point.

Kind of like your name, Richaod!!!

Oh and my first song of 2006 was save me my eldritch!

Posted by Azusa

Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins.

Posted by Dragner

Well there was two

Song: Watch Me Die
Band: SMB

Song: *****es
Band: CWA(My friends band)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Apparently it was "Kami no Furumeki" by Onmyouza.

Posted by Raptor

"Darkness and Hope" by Moonspell. I think we played it my friend's jeep when we went out the following day.

Posted by Moogs

Memphis Will be Laid to Waste by Norma Jean

Posted by Shade

How do you remember?

Posted by Moogs

Because I was listening to it on my I Pod when They were counting down the ball. I have a good memory. Plus, it's one of my favorite songs.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I think it was "Big Sugar - Cop a Plea" I know it was from Big Sugar, and I know it was from the album "HEated"