XBOX 2

Posted by Gamer

What do you thinks of the Xbox 2?

Posted by Night Owl

As long as it will have a halo or atleast a halo like game ill be happy

Posted by Scorpion

Shouldn't this be in the Future systems topic.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Evanc00le0: As long as it will have a halo or atleast a halo like game ill be happy

Duh, of course there will be a halo like game. its called Halo 3 for Xbox. You would know if you actually finished the game. And there will always be 'halo like games'. They're called 'first person shooters'.

Posted by Cloudstud

Well yes this should be in future systems.... And this is a stupid question. Its kinda hard to give your opinion on a system that virtually no one knows anything about. How can we tell what we think of it other than "i relly likes xbox2 cus xbox is my fav systum!!1!"
Come on make a thread that has some sort of relevance.

Posted by Raging Gamer

And thats where its going. *Move*

Posted by gt3 master

champ manager has got 2 be the best eva game for the xbox me n mi m8s spend hours on it.....

Posted by DeathScape

I don't like XBox, so I think it will be stupid.

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I must admit, X-box was one of my favorite systems, but I only hope Microsoft doesn't decide to slack off. Too many companies seem to slack off and try to live off of the respect from their other popular systems.[/COLOR]

Posted by Darkbackward

The xbox 2 is progressing nicely and badly at the same time.

Why? Because I have absolutely no idea about the darn thing.

Posted by thug2777

i hope they better continue halo on with it and any other sequals to be continued on. Anyways if it came out today i would buy it.

Posted by Prince Redon

No, I don't think they should continue Halo on the X-box 2. It will become one of the series like GTA. I get annoyed at how many of those games there are. Halo and Halo 2 were good, but I think that is enough. If they keep making Halo's then it will get a little annoying.

Posted by Nevinyrral

I think they should stop making new consoles(sp?) so quickly. I mean, after 2 or 3 years they make a new console and usualy stop making games for the old one. So you have to go spend $399 on some new one and in another 2 years you buy another one. When Will it end? Still....I suppose I would have to buy it anyway. I mean, I hate paying...but I love Video Games. =|

So yeah, To answer your question. I think there coming up with X-Box 2 to quickly, but I'm buying it anway.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Nevinyrral: When Will it end?

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Not until people stop buying the new systems or the company goes bankrupt, which unless Bill Gates just gets tired of the X-box, which I doubt will happen, it will never go bankrupt.

I always wait for the system, and most of the games, to get cheap. That is when I jump in and buy it. Otherwise, you pay entirely to much.:) When the X-box first came out, where I live, only certain stores sold them. People would take a huge advantage of this, and bought out all the X-boxes from the stores that did sell them, and charged 1,000 dollars a piece. They sold quite a few, but people kept going online and getting them, so thier plan was kind of spoiled.
[/COLOR]

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Prince Redon: No, I don't think they should continue Halo on the X-box 2.

I agree with you, but doing that would be death to the X-box. Do you know any one who doesnt think Halo when they think about X-box, They're like love and marrige [/stupid joke].

As for the X-box 2 , I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know the revolution will "revolutionise" the way we play video games but what will the X-box 2 do?
Better grapphics and speed? Been there, done that. I really hope they have a trick up their hat.

Posted by Random

I've heard rumors that Halo 3 will be the last Halo title for at least a very long time. Other rumors had said that Halo 3 will launch with the Xbox 360 (The name of the next Xbox). Halo is a great multiplayer game but the storyline can't keep going on like it has been. If they just released Multiplayer Bowned Games with the Halo 2 Engine it'll be just about as good.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting TendoAddict: I agree with you, but doing that would be death to the X-box. Do you know any one who doesnt think Halo when they think about X-box, They're like love and marrige [/stupid joke]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
Sad, but true.
[/COLOR]

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I've heard rumors that Halo 3 will be the last Halo title for at least a very long time. Other rumors had said that Halo 3 will launch with the Xbox 360 (The name of the next Xbox). Halo is a great multiplayer game but the storyline can't keep going on like it has been. If they just released Multiplayer Bowned Games with the Halo 2 Engine it'll be just about as good.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
Companies are really planning to far ahead now adays. They havn't even finished the X-box 2, and they are already planning on making a X-box 360?!
[/COLOR]

Posted by Random

Haha no sorry I wasn't clear. The XBox 360 is the name of the next Xbox. So
XBox 2=Xbox 360. Sorry haha. They are planning for the launch of Halo 3 by December. So we'll see how that goes.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Haha no sorry I wasn't clear. The XBox 360 is the name of the next Xbox. So
XBox 2=Xbox 360. Sorry haha. They are planning for the launch of Halo 3 by December. So we'll see how that goes.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Ah, ok that makes much more sense. I havn't seen much about the X-box 2, my subscription ran out on Gamepro, and I havn't had time to look it up on the internet here lately, so I didn't know they had named it.[/COLOR]

Posted by animejunki

I think it's awesome that microsoft is making another xbox. I can't wait to see all the improvements they have made.

Posted by Thingy

i know i cant wait. i wonder if it will go live?

Posted by Random

I'm sure it will go Live. Microsoft has also been hiring japanese game developers from Square Enix and Capcom to make Games. So i'm thinking they're going to go Crazy and make some awesome RPG's. It should be great!

Posted by Exolia1212

i herd xbox2 is called xeon and ill by it if it has halo3 if it comes out or counter strike

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

"Xenon"

Posted by Hyper

[quote]2 types of Xbox Live:
Xbox Live Silver (no subscription required)
Xbox Live Gold (subscription benefits)

Features for Gold service
* Also for Silver
# Also for Offline

- Seamless transition to Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360
- Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply) *
- Free Xbox Live weekends *
- Multiplayer online gameplay
- Motto for gamer profile * #
- Personalized look for Xbox System Guide * #
- Offline achievments * #
- Online achievements *
- Access to other players

Updated FAQs on everything known: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/608/608394p1.html

Posted by xboxchamp

IF it isn't out it should be by law if not it would be the best idea since...ah...like ...xbox 1 duh......

Posted by xboxchamp

Quoting xboxchamp: IF it isn't out it should be by law if not it would be the best idea since...ah...like ...xbox 1 duh......

I rock ha ha ha ha ha ha

Posted by Last Fog

I was never really the slightest bit excited for Xbox 360. But, after seeing [URL=http://xbinsider.com/videos/TheColony_v2_300k.wmv]this video[/URL].... I'm still not.

This really did alot to turn me off.

Oh wow! This time the focus is on the gamer, rather than the machine! *oscar* Seriously, that is the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

The entire development team is a bunch of computer nerds that don't know a **** thing about video games. All they talked about was all that technology jargon. Nobody cares. Doesn't matter how powerful the hardware is without good software to be used on it.

But what really got me is when that dip****'s first words was the intuitive new design. It can be layed flat or stand upright! Wow! Where have I seen that before? ***, can't they have any creativity?

Oh well, I'll just have to wait until it's released along with some games to judge.

Quoted post: All they talked about was all that technology jargon. Nobody cares. Doesn't matter how powerful the hardware is without good software to be used on it.

That's incredibly important actually. Plus, there's not much to know about the software yet, hence they focus on what they know. Not to mention there is no software without the guts of the machine. People actually do care.

Quoted post: But what really got me is when that dip****'s first words was the intuitive new design. It can be layed flat or stand upright! Wow! Where have I seen that before? ***, can't they have any creativity?

The concept of lying something on the side or it's bottom is new for Microsoft and the Xbox. Even if the PS2 has already done it, the XB has not.

Posted by Hyper

I haven't seen much discussion on the name itself.

I believe they are calling it the 360 instead of the Xenon or Xbox 2 because of the following:

1. Xbox 2 sounds inferior to the Playstation 3.

2. 360 degrees is one revolution, competing with Nintendo's codename.

If this has already been mentioned or discussed, point me in the right direction.

Quoted post: If this has already been mentioned or discussed, point me in the right direction.

A thread started that discussed it, though it was locked.

Anyways, it's called 360 because we are in the middle, thus the focus is on us rather than the machine. That's what microsoft says anyways.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Comparisons between the Xbox 360 and the Dreamcast have already begun on the internet. I'm not saying anything yet, but the Dreamcast was also a white uninterestingly designed game console that came out before competitors Sony and Nintendo, and we all know how that turned out.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Comparisons between the Xbox 360 and the Dreamcast have already begun on the internet. I'm not saying anything yet, but the Dreamcast was also a white uninterestingly designed game console that came out before competitors Sony and Nintendo, and we all know how that turned out.

Bull**** comparison with barely any basis.

But who knows.

Posted by nich

the xbox 360 is like the dreamcast in that it's white and uninteresting and that it came out before its competitors. but the last point was in fact it's downfall. dream cast was superior but only for a little while because new systems came out shortly after it and ate it alive. xbox has pretty much the same power as its competitors, and the ps3 is coming out around the same time (apparently). but xbox is only popular in north america, while nintendo and sony are popular eveywhere. so the fate of the xbox is yet to be seen. microsoft has a hell of alot of money though.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Comparisons between the Xbox 360 and the Dreamcast have already begun on the internet. I'm not saying anything yet, but the Dreamcast was also a white uninterestingly designed game console that came out before competitors Sony and Nintendo, and we all know how that turned out.[/COLOR]

I agree with Vampiro, it's a pretty bull**** comparison. One thing that everyone seems to forget is the money comparison between the two companies.