Sonic Rush

Posted by Arczu

People were saying this game was short. Well... they were right.

But holy hell, what a ride! I really don't know about everybody else, but the music just simply kicked arsenal in this game. I was surprised when I saw Hideki in the credits, which is why the music was great. Some nice upbeat stuff that really goes with the fast pace of the game.

Only 2 characters this time. Sonic and Blaze (who is almost like Sonic). She doesn't run as fast as Sonic, but has more agility and can skip lots of parts in a level when done right.

Gameplay... well, running to the right is one thing, but some parts just require you know when to stop a bit or else you just die. All the stuff from other recent Sonic games have been placed in here. It's very nice. Just that I wish they would warn you before you fall into the bottomless pits...

I'm satisfed with it though. I've been playing this game in-between places for quite awhile now. I've yet to experience the 2-player mode. Anybody want to trow in some more cents here?

Posted by Ant

So wait, you beat it? How long did it take you?

Also, would you say this is basically just another Sonic Advance type of Sonic with that whole feel. Cause I liked Sonic Advance 2, but it just seemed a bit off from the original Sonic experance you got with the genesis ones.

Posted by Arczu

This game is short... I beat most of it in a few hours : (

But Getting to the Extra Zone is WORTH IT! Wrapped in Black was an awesome song.

Sonic Advance feel... it's there, but the tricks change the game up a lot. The use of the tension guage make everything a big rush. Everytime I enter an act, I always do about 50 tricks with the A, B and R buttons to keep tension up. When the area switches from the top screen to the bottom, you don't LOOSE your place, it just switches.

In some cases, you could actually Power Dash from the beginning of the stage to the Goal Ring. Seriously, you pull of tricks all the time and it's worth it. I found it very fun (although some bosses are annoying because they WASTE TIME). Invincibility seems to be in every stage (and when you get it, the music changes into a faster beat-only version of the song; kinda drum and bass only).

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

It's a boring game.....

Posted by Arczu

Boring how?

Don't know about you, but doing some sweet timeattacks while on the bus for a 25-minute ride to school kicks arse big time.

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I passed in in less than two days. I only had two emeralds left to get though.

Posted by SuperSoupy

got all the emeralds but cant beat the final boss.

gave up now anyway :-p

Posted by Arczu

Number 7 is a bish (as always).

Posted by Colonel

Quoting -Fierce_Deity_Link-: It's a boring game.....

its not boring its amazing

Posted by Zeta

I found Emerald 6 to be more annoying than Emerald 7. I love this game, and its Special Stages are now on the top of my list. (I thought nothing could get better than Blue Spheres/UFO!)

Posted by Arczu

Hee hee... 43 seconds for Zone 1 Act 1.

That's what I like about this game, you go fast right away. Hell, you can INSTANTLY change directions using the tension gauge.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Arczu]

Posted by Red

I've never played this game Ive seen people play it and it looked just as fun as the other sonic games wich were still fun by the way. but I've still never played it is it any good or has Nintendo ruined yet another sonic game?

Posted by Zeta

Rush beats the hell out of the Advance series. I'd definetly recommend it. The only problem with it is that it's too short.

*Hums Ethno Circus*
I love that tune. ^_^

Posted by Red

haha I love sonics music esspecially the circus levels, but when you say short do you mean Sonic advance short, longer, or shorter?

Posted by Zeta

Ethno Circus is the name of the desert-themed Zone's tune. The carnival Zone's tune is Ska Cha Cha. And I'm not sure if it's longer or shorter than the Advance games. I think it's longer.

Posted by Red

well thatd be good because I could beat Advance real fast, and the desert themes music is always cool too, pretty much all sonics levels music are cool

Posted by Arczu

Desert/Egyptian theme here (like Sandopolis)

Just wish there was a way to get past the MANDATORY rolling platform at the end of both acts in zone 3 (The pyramid/deset place). Not that it's bad, but dang.. I got so bored I kept throwing myself onto the top screen at every oppurtunity.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Mr.Red: I've never played this game Ive seen people play it and it looked just as fun as the other sonic games wich were still fun by the way. but I've still never played it is it any good or has Nintendo ruined yet another sonic game?

How does Nintendo ruin the game if they aren't developing it?

Posted by lanzer

this game is tight as hell it took me like 2 months to get the last emerald but the final boss was cool for all that wait. what did everyone think of blaze in my opinion she was an ok new character + shes the 1st woman character to go super mode (even if it wasnt with the normal set of emeralds)

how the hell did you get 43 seconds on stage 1 with sonic i cant get past it with less then 1'05 secs?

Posted by Alex_DX

I like the first song but I think the older sonic music are much cooler

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Arczu]