Pokemon

Posted by Colonel

I remember when pokemon was soo huge. I loved pokemon way back when. I had all its video games, and even started lawn mowing to make money when i was nine so i can buy pre-order pokemon stadium. I ALMOST have all the cards im missing Hitmonchan, and Poliwrath out of the first two series.

So tell me what rare cards you guys got, and even though im not going to get back into liking pokemon i would still like to know whats cool about pokemon these days

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

What's cool about it is that it's actually hardly changed. The games still have the same core as the original Red and Blue, just tittivated a bit. The cards have, again, remained the same. The only bad thing about Pokémon right now is the purification trend for the console games, which I absolutely despise, but apart from that - rock on.

Posted by orange echidna

I'll watch Pokemon if I see it on (which I don't see it on very often) and I used to collect the cards. (until I ran out of new cards to look for.) I have some rare (those shiny) looking cards. I have a Staryu, Koffing,Vulpix, and Datrini. I have more somewhere else but I can't find them right now. I even have some screwed up ones that show the picture of a pokemon with the wrong name and description. (example- Picture of a Jynx with the name Voltorb next to it.) That's all I have to say on this subject. bye! ^_^

Posted by Colonel

Thats......cool. i guess

Posted by fig roll

I used to be into pokemon with everyone, then everyone went off it so i couldnt swap my cards, i keep them in a cupboard in my room.
so i dont know whats cool about pokemon but i just wanted to say something.
phsyduck was the best, he rules

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]The cards have, again, remained the same.

NO NO NO

Cards in the series are far more powerful today then ever before. Thats why I stopped playing. My Ninjask/ Shedinja combination (made out of 2004-2005 cards) could crush even the best original series decks, and it is still tournament worthy today. Your Charzaird doesn't look so tough against a 170 HP pokemon with a 200 damage attack.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussing.

Tempest deck.

That's all I'm saying.

Posted by GameMiestro

Seeing as how there are many variations on that style, I can't really judge.

Okay, I admit, I have seen one REALLY good original deck, that would be a combination of Mr.Mime, Alakazam, Scoop up, and several high HP pokemon (such as Chansey).

In fact, that is probably the best original Pokemon deck ever made.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I never got into the style of cards or decks or whatever it was. All I did was colect them because they were cool. Then the trading thing started to bore me later on and I gave up the card buying all together. A while later, after buying the GB games I tried out the GCN version and found it to be completely stupid with the "evil pokemon" thing and the purifying process. So for now I wills tick to the GB/DS games. Although I haven't had as much enjoyment lately out of the newest versions as I did S/G/C, it's still fun to see the new features added in to the game play.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah, the Gamecube games could be much improved... the animations for the people are pretty sad. I still think the mayor looks like Dr. Robotnik. :P

Posted by Munchlax

My favourite is on my avatar.

Posted by giminius

The problem with the game cube games has something to do with the growing eccentricity of pokemon characters.
However, the animations slowed down the battling too much on the gamecube versions. Whenever I played the GBA etc games, I always turned off the animation to have more efficient battles. Hence, the inability to do so on the gamecube was mildly infuriating.

I would, however, appreciate a game like emerald for gamecube. I'm sure that's what most of us want (or stopped wanting after some disappointments)

Posted by Sweegy

I still think Crystal was probably the best. I got a little tired of Pokemon advance after Ruby and Firered. I hope they put more innovation into Diamond and Pearl.

Posted by Dog

Quoting Wings: What's cool about it is that it's actually hardly changed.
well... sort of.

'splain.

Posted by GameMiestro

I want Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon. That game looks great... :(

Posted by giminius

Just pokemon wandering around. I'd prefer a game with armies of pokemon in battle. Imagine a game where the huge pokemon army scene in the Rukario movie is possible...

Posted by deathdealah

Quoting GameMiestro: NO NO NO

Cards in the series are far more powerful today then ever before. Thats why I stopped playing. My Ninjask/ Shedinja combination (made out of 2004-2005 cards) could crush even the best original series decks, and it is still tournament worthy today. Your Charzaird doesn't look so tough against a 170 HP pokemon with a 200 damage attack.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussing.

wtf the game has gotten out of control i loved the origonal tcg but 170hp? 200 dmg? jesus christ back in the day nobody in my regon could toch my origonal fire deck and i didnt even have the base set charizard

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting GameMiestro: NYour Charzaird doesn't look so tough against a 170 HP pokemon with a 200 damage attack.

Mr. Mime, period. Or hell, even Erika's Dratini if that's a Basic Pokemon and not Evolved.

I actually got back into playing this recently, one of my friends was the regional champion about five years running and I'm determined to beat him...even with my ****ty cards.

Posted by WackoHater2

I dont have cards anymore. I sold them all a while back. I still play the video games. Counting down the days until Diamond and Pearl come out. I even had Green Version, exclusive to Japan, until my douch bag of an ex-bestfriend stole it. I still watch the TV show if I see it on. Basically I just watch the movies though. I just recently saw Pokemon Heroes. Its not too bad.

Quoting Panic619: I dont have cards anymore. I sold them all a while back. I still play the video games. Counting down the days until Diamond and Pearl come out. I even had Green Version, exclusive to Japan, until my douch bag of an ex-bestfriend stole it. I still watch the TV show if I see it on. Basically I just watch the movies though. I just recently saw Pokemon Heroes. Its not too bad.

The show has gotten ridiculous, I mean, I'll still watch it if nothing else is on (even if it is just for the nostalgia). I mean, that ****ing Pikachu should be able to OHKO anything it sees, but of course not, and it just has to be the only one Ash isn't stupid enough to either A) Give away or B) Let go.

The games? I laugh at these games. Even now, looking back at the older ones, while they were fun in their own way I've grown past them. They need to create a version of Pokemon that requires more strategy rather than ZOMG I HAF CHAIRARZD LVL 100.

I look forward to seeing a REAL Pokemon RPG one day.

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah, the games are pretty much the same shit over and over.

Off the subject, I just realized you live in Cape May. Your close as hell to me. Ever heard of Landisville.. or Buena.. I'm not sure which one I am technically in.

Quoting Panic619: Yeah, the games are pretty much the same shit over and over.

Off the subject, I just realized you live in Cape May. Your close as hell to me. Ever heard of Landisville.. or Buena.. I'm not sure which one I am technically in.

Buena sounds familiar, never heard of Landisville.

On topic though, the only Pokemon game (aside from the GB's) that I really enjoyed was Sapphire/Ruby. Although they did away with pretty much all my favorite Pokemon, they added so many cool features into the game it was just hard not to like it.

Posted by WackoHater2

Have you ever played Pokemon Coleseum (I think I spelled that wrong) for the GameCube? They just had a new one come out, didnt they? Pokemon XD or something like that, wasnt it?

Quoting Panic619: Have you ever played Pokemon Coleseum (I think I spelled that wrong) for the GameCube? They just had a new one come out, didnt they? Pokemon XD or something like that, wasnt it?

I played Colosseum, but I couldn't tolerate it. It was cool and all, but not being able to pick your own starter, etc. etc. It was just boring besides that. And Pokemon XD (ridiculous name, how does XD translated to Perfect Shadow Pokemon? *shakes head in shame*) I never even bothered with.

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah. It did suck not choosing your starter on Colosseum. I didnt get XD because I didnt have the money at the time. I may rent it sometime though.

The GameCube ones are horrible excuses for games.

Posted by WackoHater2

The GameCube ones are a bit dumb. I wouldnt say horrible. They gave me something to do.. although I'd rather play Animal Crossing any day.