Age of Empires 3

Posted by Colonel

I went to Future Shop on Boxing day and to my suprise i saw Age of Empires 3, the game i've been craving to play. I bought it, went home took the time to load all 3 disks, got ready to play.......Window comes up telling me my computer is either too old or doesn't have enough graphic support for this game. I know i have enough graphics, but my computer is 5 years old.

Is there anyway for me to play my beloved Age of Empires 3 without buying a new computer?

I had originally put this in other systems because im an idiot and didn't see taht there was a computer game forum, sorry.

Posted by JerRry_SlaYer

sadly not really... if its the graphics you might be able to ajust them with a config thing in your aoe3 folder thats all i can really think of sorry

Posted by Roger Smith

Well just bring it back and get a different game.

Posted by shadowassultOWNED

you could update your graphics card maybe get a new monitor y'no get new updates-oh and don't forget to have window xp

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting shadowassultOWNED: you could update your graphics card maybe get a new monitor y'no get new updates-oh and don't forget to have window xp

Yeah...or he could bring the thing back and get his cash, or get a game friendly to his computer.

Posted by Colonel

No, not the graphics i bought a graphic card. Its the prosserer I need a 1.4 GB prosseser, and my computer only has a 800 MB. The sad thing is i can't return it because i opened it. Bummer

Posted by Sword of Light

I own Age of Empires 3 I am bad with computers but I have bad graphics too. UNfortunitly to tell you the truth the games is not that good it was sort of a let down to me

Posted by Colonel

O.O The hell. What are you talking about i when i go to my cousins i play this game alot, and i love it, i've always love Age of Empire games i own
1:Age of Empires gold edition
2:Age of Empires 2
3:Age of Mythology
4:Age of Empires 3
5:Age of Empires DS (Now thats a sad game)

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Sword of Light: the games is not that good it was sort of a let down to me

You suck at life.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: You suck at life.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA well put!

Posted by higbvuyb

Does your PC motherboard have a socket that supports a processor over 1.4 GHz? otherwise, you can get an 'upgrade board' (I think it plugs into a PCI port), which has a P4 socket.

Posted by Colonel

Dude this thread is way old. they only solution to my problem is getting an up-to date computer, thanks for trying to help anyway.