Halo 3 Preorderable

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Xbox 360 Fanboy: Not content with all the money they've raked in selling you Xbox 360 consoles they didn't have to sell, some major game retailers have begun taking preorders for the upcoming mega-hit Halo 3. Keep in mind that speculation, aided by some info from Bill G. himself, has the title launching concurrently with the North American release of the PlayStation 3. Apparently all they need to take your money is an idea of when a title is going to be released. Then again, Gamstop had Halo 3 available for preorder over six months ago!

:(

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah. I was at the mall about a month and a half ago and I saw you could pre-order Halo 3. A little early, I think...

Posted by Linko_16

All aboard the cash cow!!

Posted by Ant

YEAHHHHHHH HALO 3 **** YEAH! I got mine on pre-order already, despite the fact I don't even own a Xbox360 and never will...it's that ****ing good.

Posted by Axis

Wont be pre-ordering it.

I don't think I will either.

Or be buying it for that matter.

Posted by Special Agent Bob

Why buy Halo 3 when probably better games will come out or the PS3 or NR will be better then the XBox 360.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Special Agent Bob: Why buy Halo 3 when probably better games will come out or the PS3 or NR will be better then the XBox 360.

That's a good point because you can only own one game and one system.

The Xbox is simply thus: A Halo TV Adaptor.

Posted by GameMiestro

While you're at it, don't forget to pre-order your Spider Man 3 tickets [SIZE="1"](coming in 2007)[/SIZE]

[quote]Not content with all the money they've raked in selling you Xbox 360 consoles they didn't have to sell

ha

Posted by Random

I definately plan on buying this. Pre ordering.. Maybe not.. Depends on whether or not the cash falls into my hands soon enough to purchase a 360.

I hope it has a lot of the gameplay that Halo 1 had, the setup and everything, however I hope they have the online gameplay like Halo 2. That would make it far superior to either of the Halo's and I'd be very happy. Both Halo 1 + 2 were great games til Cheaters were in abundance.

Quoting GameMiestro: While you're at it, don't forget to pre-order your Spider Man 3 tickets [SIZE="1"](coming in 2007)[/SIZE]

ha

Now that I would consider.

Posted by Moogs

I'll be buying it, but I won't pre-order it. Of course, I'm only buying it for the Online play.

Quoting Moogs: I'll be buying it, but I won't pre-order it. Of course, I'm only buying it for the Online play.

Posted by Moogs

Online play... XBox Live... heard of it... And I'll buy it when it goes down or is used is what I meant by not pre ordering it.

Posted by Shade

So you won't even give a thought the single player campaign? Without online play, that's the only reason I have for buying a game. So in my view that's a stupid reason to buy a game.

Quoting Moogs: Online play... XBox Live... heard of it... And I'll buy it when it goes down or is used is what I meant by not pre ordering it.

You are an idiot. Flat out.

Posted by Axis

I don't know if I'll buy this or not, I'm looking forward to Too Human more than Halo 3.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I wonder if they'll eventually have a 3-pack like they do with the 2-pack right now. I didn't care for what little I played of the original, but I'd like to give the series another try eventually.

Posted by boomstick

No interest to me, I'll just wait for a friend to get and then play the multiplayer with a few people, and considering how I haven't liked the campaign in either of the first two, I can't say I look forward to that much.

Posted by inequity

Does anyone have a general idea as to when Halo 3 is actually going to be released?

From what I've heard, it's pretty much finished, or is on track to be done by around March. After that, it will sit until Sony announces that it is shipping the PS3. Near that date, the discs will go gold, and you can start getting antsy for a copy.

Posted by Linko_16

I've heard that Halo 3 is far from finished, and that Bill Gate's boast that it will be out in time to compete with the PS3's release may have been out of place from someone who isn't actually working on the project.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Linko_16: I've heard that Halo 3 is far from finished, and that Bill Gate's boast that it will be out in time to compete with the PS3's release may have been out of place from someone who isn't actually working on the project.

Plus, does anyone really think that Halo 3 could really hurt the PS3 launch, it could hurt monthly sales, but to hurt an entire launch, very unlikely, I'll admit Halo is popular, but it's not Godly, a console launch is usually a big thing and with the namesake, so I don't see it happening.

Posted by Linko_16

Agreed... Halo's big, but there's a difference between a big game release and a big console release.

Posted by Random

Quoting boomstick: Plus, does anyone really think that Halo 3 could really hurt the PS3 launch, it could hurt monthly sales, but to hurt an entire launch, very unlikely, I'll admit Halo is popular, but it's not Godly, a console launch is usually a big thing and with the namesake, so I don't see it happening.

Actually yes I can. If Microsoft is at all intelligent (Which I believe they are last time I checked), what they'll do is a number of strategic moves at once. If they want to hurt the PS3, they'll have to do numerous things. Halo 3 alone could hurt PS3 sales. If the PS3 comes out with a horrid launch and nothing looks even tempting to purchase and Halo 3 smackdowns right in front of the PS3 launch, it would most definately hurt Sony's sales. If Microsoft wants to get a jump on Sony. They should have a 50-100 dollar price drop. Sure they may lose more money on it, but they'd sell more games in the process and earn more cash overall. Have the 360 fully loaded sell for $349, and the core at $249, while the PS3 should be selling for $399-$499 and it'd kill sonys steam quick. If i'm Microsoft try to push commercials for games that'll be on both 360 and PS3, but push the Commercials with the 360 logo everywhere. It'd help Microsofts chances. A price drop, Halo 3 (And maybe some other huge titles), and commercialize more and it'd hurt Sony a good bit.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: Plus, does anyone really think that Halo 3 could really hurt the PS3 launch, it could hurt monthly sales, but to hurt an entire launch, very unlikely, I'll admit Halo is popular, but it's not Godly, a console launch is usually a big thing and with the namesake, so I don't see it happening.

I think Halo 3 with a significent price drop together with a larger games library than PS3 the 360 will certainly make a significent effect to Sony's launch. PS3 will still most likely sell more but I predict these 3 factors will not give the PS3 a fantastic launch in terms of sales, but it will still make a great launch before the novelty of Halo 3 wears off. I said 3 alot in that sentence.

Posted by Lord of Spam

OH BOY! MORE REPETITIVE GAMEPLAY LACKING ANY SIGNS OF INNOVATION! SIGN ME UP! Also, I look forward to being called a fag by nine year olds.

Posted by nowhereman

Awsome can't wait for it to come out, though the odds of me having a 360 are slim. :(

Posted by G-Sides

Meh.
If it's being released same time as the PS3, I hope you fuckers are looking forward to those lines. (Unless you order online.)

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Actually yes I can. If Microsoft is at all intelligent (Which I believe they are last time I checked), what they'll do is a number of strategic moves at once. If they want to hurt the PS3, they'll have to do numerous things. Halo 3 alone could hurt PS3 sales. If the PS3 comes out with a horrid launch and nothing looks even tempting to purchase and Halo 3 smackdowns right in front of the PS3 launch, it would most definately hurt Sony's sales. If Microsoft wants to get a jump on Sony. They should have a 50-100 dollar price drop. Sure they may lose more money on it, but they'd sell more games in the process and earn more cash overall. Have the 360 fully loaded sell for $349, and the core at $249, while the PS3 should be selling for $399-$499 and it'd kill sonys steam quick. If i'm Microsoft try to push commercials for games that'll be on both 360 and PS3, but push the Commercials with the 360 logo everywhere. It'd help Microsofts chances. A price drop, Halo 3 (And maybe some other huge titles), and commercialize more and it'd hurt Sony a good bit.

Still very unlikely, overall and monthly sells possibly, but not launch, I mean heck look at the 360, it sold out it's launch in Japan and it's about as popular as **** over there.

Plus, with all those factors in, maybe(still doubt it personally), but I just said Halo 3 at the same time, you added in all that other stuff trying to make my post something else.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: Still very unlikely, overall and monthly sells possibly, but not launch, I mean heck look at the 360, it sold out it's launch in Japan and it's about as popular as **** over there.

Plus, with all those factors in, maybe(still doubt it personally), but I just said Halo 3 at the same time, you added in all that other stuff trying to make my post something else.

Good point about 360 and Japan.

Well if we're strikley talking about Halo 3 than I say practically no effect. But by it's release these other factors would have all come into play. And combined it would surely make noticeable effect. Well that's what I say.

But yeh, I hated the first 2. And frankly if this is 360's killer app, a third installment to a series to begin with and has never shown any sign of improvement you can count me out.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[url=http://initialsurge.com/los/X-Box360.gif]ahem[/url]

Innovation does not seem to be MS strong suit.