Tony Hawk American Sk8land

Posted by MGamer

Okay I have my DS and wifi ready. I want to know if sk8land is any good. I am probably going to get all three wifi games but i don't know too much on sk8land. Does anybody have it or have played it and could you describe it to me and especially the online experience.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I've got it, and it's actually pretty good. Like all Tony Hawk games, it's fairly short, but the Classic mode adds a LOT to it. The specials are also a lot easier to pull off, as is the freak out - it's quite a well-put-together game.

So the online mode. Personally, I play THAS online more than I do Mario Kart. There's always someone for you to play against. The only main problem is that all the top scores on, say, the Hollywood level, have been got in a particular way, and if you get challenged to a Trick Attack on that level, everyone just does the same thing. It can get really annoying. It happened to me the first time I played - I was matched with this guy and all he did was that grind-wallplant-grind trick to rack up loads of points. Even though there's all these people, though, there are enough people to have a fun game with.

There's several modes online - unfortunately, not Graffiti or Horse, but meh - and each one's quite fun to play. My favourite is The Price is Wrong, where you have to get as close to the target score as possible without going over. If you do, your points start becoming negative until you're below again. Bob Barker would be proud.

I would really urge you to get it. It's a brilliant game. Just be careful when connecting to the online service - make sure it works, because there's a glitch which means your save game could get wiped if your connection's dodgy. It's happened to me once.

One of the greatest things about THAS is its online prescence. Everyone has a profile at american-sk8land.com and you can exchange graffiti and board art online. It's awesome.

When you get it, throw me a PM with your friend code. I'll give you a game or two.

Posted by MGamer

Sounds cool man. Thanks a lot you really hyped THAS up for me. I think I'm going to get it. maybe end of the month. Cuz for allowance i get 10 dollars a week. so thats about 40 dollars a month which would give me enough to purchase THAS. I don't have any WiFi games yet and i'll be playing DS more since my PSP broke which sucks cuz I was having so much fun with SOCOM Fireteam Bravo. Anyway I'm probably going to get THAS soon. I am also persuading my sister to buy AC:WW because she likes those kinds of games and I can play AC too. So its like killing two birds with one stone.