Kirby: Canvas Curse help

Posted by Volatile Volcano

I am on the fourth level and it seems that 2 of the three levels have those parts that if you dont move quickly it will squish you. I mean the part were the walls move. Is there a cheat to make it not do that? Is there a way i can somehow get past it without getting swished. on Paletto Polis when you get to were the walls move in on you i just triend doing nothing and just going along...then i get squished. I cant remember wich one had the blocks i had to kill but i think that was Machine Mansion. Is there one in Dreamy Darkness too? Can SOMEONE help me because every time i die i get mad at the game...I really need help!

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I don't have the game but check for guides at [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url].

Quoting Wicked Sushi: I don't have the game but check for guides at [link to gamefaqs.com].

I tried that! It was useless!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Volatile Volcano: Is there a cheat to make it not do that?

Not only are cheats disgusting, but no, there's nothing to it but to do it. I've gone back to the levels you're talking about, however, and I'll try and offer advice. If you wish to be guided through each area individually, just read it in sections, pausing in gameplay to read the next bit as you come to it.

Rising Floor in Machine Mansion: The first real danger here is the room filled with star blocks. Beam power, although a weapon that can break all around you, can be unpredictable as you bump against things. I suggest you use your stylus to tap away at them, only stopping to tap at enemies near Kirby to keep him out of immediate danger. Next comes a series of ascending halls, in which you must always follow the path of stars for optimum safety. Tap bomb blocks as soon as they come into view, and if a floating bomb hooks onto you, bump it against a wall to get free. It's really just quick and nimble stylus work. Next comes a series of color-coded gates, which are opened easily since you needn't look after Kirby; he is kept safely stationary by a net while you work. Finally, a bomb block will release a horde of Waddle Dee, dispatched easily if you stun them as you rise into them.

Moving Screen in Paletto Polis: Remaining stationary, as you say you did, is not entirely adviseable, but it is helpful at first. Let Kirby roll on his own while you tap the star blocks ahead of him, stunning enemies in the process. Again, Beam may be dangerous because of it's unpredictable swing, so stick to your stylus. As you approach the low tunnel, DO NOT break the blocks above the pits. They will allow you to continue working at the blocks and letting Kirby roll around freely. Next comes a short ascention during which the screen is still, then your first check point. As the screen shifts back into motion, prepare to break the first blocks you see, for upon one of them is a Shotzo. If you break his block, he will fall out of harm's way down to another set of blocks with a second Shotzo. Break these blocks before Kirby is in range and they'll be out of the picture for good. Now you must use your stylus carefully as you fall, avoiding the pit and advancing to the next, somewhat more difficult phase. The screen will speed up, but don't panic; have Kirby follow the path of stars, deviating to collect goodies only if you feel it is safe, stunning or rolling into enemies as you come to them. The screen will not slow down as you reach a thick wall of blocks, but they are broken easily with some quick stylus work... just be careful of enemies. On the other side is your goal, though get ready to draw a line over it if you want to get a medal on the other side.

Thanks! I am now stuck on the Paint Panic game...it wont let me touch all four when it says to touch all four...what should i do?

Posted by Linko_16

Assuming you mean final bit to the boss fight with Paint Roller, there's no real advice to be given. Just be as fast and accurate as you can; you'll get it eventually.

Posted by Arczu

Oh man... the Paint Panic battles.

When I first went against him, I decided it was time to use a stylus... (I went through half the game using my first finger's long nail). It helps to try and draw out the first picture really fast so that you build your distance over the approching kaboombas's, then for tapping the squares, it gets incredibly hard. For the 4/5 squares, you only have to do it once thank gooodness, but it's very tricky. Just practice a bit.

you are you supposed to do the 4/5 squares?

Posted by Arczu

Wait... I think it only jumps to 5 squares if you do it on level 3 when the sub-game is unlocked.

I remember doing 4 squares as the last thing when I faced him.

Oh, and I remember one time, Paint Roller drew something rather absurd. it had like... 19+ lines in it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Strange, I never really had a hard time with the Paint roller battles.

Posted by Linko_16

Neither did I. King Dedede was the toughest boss, but even he didn't take more than one try for me.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Linko_16: Neither did I. King Dedede was the toughest boss, but even he didn't take more than one try for me.

It took forever for me to A Rank him on level 3! 0_o That was the last medal I got!

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, yeah, he definately gets harder then. I was refering to him as an in-game boss.

Posted by Samusfreak

Well this is hard at the start, but then you can be maybe better than this! I had almost every medal in this game, but this painting stuff was to hard for me. This was the only hard thing for me, but I found in every other world the 3 Medals even in the special Stages. I needet only one medal to have all Medals but my touchscreen doesn't work right so I never made it.

Posted by Klarth

This thread had gone nearly a year without any posts until you turned up. Congratulations.

Posted by Samusfreak

Really, wow I call this a long time, but thank you for this Congratulation Phillip K Dick, my real name is Thomas O. Mangam but you can call me TOM ok? If you have any questions than ask me ( I'm not Moderator or Administrator but I hope I can still help you out of something. )

TOM

Posted by Slade

Haha, oh wow.

Posted by Pit

It's peanut butter locking time!