What company do you think is best for fighting games?

Posted by Kit

Like the title says.

I personally enjoy Namco's fighting games. I loved Soul Calibur and the Tekken series. And they put it in 3D without making it crap. I like Capcom as well but I've only played one series by Capcom. How about everyone else?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Capcom, SNK being second

Posted by bazariah

capcom is my fave, snk second with namco being third

pros and cons with each

capcom pro's:
awesome characters, over the top special moves, mostly 2-d graphics engines, crossovers, fluid controls :D

capcom cons:
lack of overall appreaciation by the mainstream public, too many repackaged streetfighter 2 titles

snk pro's:
2-d, using older hardware

snk con's:
going 3-d with KOF

namco pro's:
sweet ideas, fantastic execution

namco cons:
one button can actually help you win (all the time), to much emphasise on button bashing

Posted by Xero

I esitate between capsom and marvel...I like them both...

Posted by Map42892

Namco does a nce job, it's either that or Capcom...

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Flame ghost: I esitate between capsom and marvel...I like them both...

Marvel's not even a video game company, bub.

I think Capcom rules everything. They created Street Fighter II, which is the reason we have fighting games today. The formula is so amazing that they only need to tweak it so much before it's good enough to play even today against the best fighters of our time. I still think Street Fighter Alpha 3 is the best fighting game ever made, and the crossovers between SNK and Capcom are more enjoyable to play than any Tekken or Soul Calibur.

SNK would be second, because I don't prefer their control scheme over Capcom's, and... the crossovers under Capcom are better than the ones under SNK. Still, SNK's characters look extremely cool, and I love their character drawings over any other 2D fighter (if only they'd animate them better).

Posted by Spam Shady

Wonder Tree Inc.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Capcom
SNK
Namco
Midway
Acclaim.

In that order.

Posted by Darkbackward

Where is the Sega love? I loved the first Virtua Fighter and I love Virtua fighter 4: evolution. I also like namco, soul calibur is wicked (not a fan of tekken).

Truthfully I'm not a big 2d fighting game fan, sure I bought mortal kombat and street fighter because you just HAD TO HAVE IT, but nothing real special.

SNK is also very good, but like I said, i'm a 3d guy.

Posted by Linko_16

I grew up playing Street Fighter II, King of Fighters '94, Virtual Fighter and Killer Instinct. The companies responsible for those, plus Namco for my recent Soul Calibur affection, are all ranked equally high.

Posted by Coma_White

1. Capcom, although they aren't as consistent with the quality as they should be.

2. Namco, but the Tekken series has been dying lately.

3. SNK, purely for nostaliga.

Posted by Chronic

Namco because the Tekken fighting series is my favorite.

Posted by Drewboy64

Hal, because of SSBM.

Posted by Li_long

The best fighting game company...that's hard to say since there are so many that I love. Hmmm, if I had to pick though, I'd say Namco and that's only becuase they made tekken tag. I spent more time playing that fighting game and got more serious about it than any other fighting game. I even entered a few tournaments. It was so fun being able to tag your characters in and out and even be able to tag a character in after you launch your opponent in the air to make a custom tag combo. Can't beat it!!

Posted by Stranger

im going to have to say SNK because of KOF

Posted by mr yudle

Thank you, mr yudle. Your registration is now complete.

You may now proceed to edit your Profile in order to fill in additional personal details about yourself, or you could modify your Options to customize your browsing experience of this site. If you would rather do these things later, you can do so by following the links around the site to your User Control Panel.

Alternatively, you can simply go back to the Forums and start posting in threads.Thank you, mr yudle. Your registration is now complete.

You may now proceed to edit your Profile in order to fill in additional personal details about yourself, or you could modify your Options to customize your browsing experience of this site. If you would rather do these things later, you can do so by following the links around the site to your User Control Panel.

Alternatively, you can simply go back to the Forums and start posting in threads.Thank you, mr yudle. Your registration is now complete.

Alternatively, you can simply go back to the Forums and start posting in threads.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

You don't seem to get it, do you?

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

Capcom, obviously. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike pwns j00. A close second would have to be SNK.

Also, why isn't this a poll?

Posted by The Beatles

I'd have to go with Namco on this one, but that's just me. I'm quite partial to Tekken and Soul Calibur, and I absolutely loathe Street Fighter. Say what you will, but I'll stick by my choice on this one, thanks. Wondering who I am? In all honesty, so am I.

Posted by -Shadow-

Tied between Capcom and SNK.

Posted by Sean Fury

Namco

Posted by Ch

Namco or HAL

Posted by Azusa

Capcom, Namco, Sammy, and then SNK.

I don't know, SNK would be higher on the list, but the only "new" idea they've come up with recently was Maximum Impact, which was an absolutely horrible game and hardly anything new. I'm really excited about Namco vs. Capcom, though. Sammy would also be higher, but I wasn't really a big fan of Asuka.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Personally, i'd say Capcom or Namco. Sega's really good also though.