The Official Playstation 2 vs. Gamecube vs. Xbox Thread

Posted by Axis

To prevent an outburst of these types of threads, just discuss what you think the best console is and why.

For me, its Xbox. I had a Playstation 2 for a while and it broke about a year afterwords. The reason I like Xbox is because of Xbox Live and their game collection. The thing I probably like about it the most is the hardrive, I finally dont have to hassle with anymore memory cards or anything; you can burn cd's to your hardrive as well. Another reason is that all my friends have an Xbox and we have LAN's all the time.

Posted by Shade

Playstation 2. I've had mine for about 3-4 years and haven't had a single problem with it. The controller is my favorite out of the three, it fits my hands perfectly and the D-Pad is in the position that the joy stick is on the others two. I'm also really looking forward to some of the PS2 exclusives coming up, so that can count a reason.

Posted by Echo

Thanks Inzo. I was just about to make one of theses. *thread stickied*

Gamecube. I love the exclusive games for it (Rogue Leader, Pikmin, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, and many more), and I honestly think that the controller is quite comfortable. The PS2 has some good games that make it worth a purchase (I have both a PS2 and a Gamecube), but I have to go with Gamecube because of the amazing exclusive titles. And the X-Box just doesn't have that much that appeals to me, especially since I don't have too many friends with Xbox Live.

Posted by Cloudstud

I think its impossible to say which consol is overall better. They all have their exclusive games and they all have somthing about their system that other individuals like better. GTA, Halo, and Zelda are good examples. I have all the systems and i can say honestly that it would almost be impossible to say one is better than the others.

Posted by Shade

Maybe you could base your decision off of, what system you play more often? What your favorite games are? Those kinds of things. I believe that Xbox and Gamecube only have one or two things over the PS2.

Gamecube:
- Wavebird Wireless Controller
- Nintendo Exclusives (Animal Crossing and Metroid, mainly.)

Xbox:
- Xbox Live
- Enhanced Graphics
- Miscellaneus Hardware Capabillities

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]The PS2 hands down. It has the biggest library of games to choose from, meaning more good games than the other consoles, obviously. Whatever genre you're into, Sony's console is sure to give a wide variety to titles to choose from, not just 2 or 3. Also, it's practicly the only console of choice if you're an RPG enthusiast.

The second biggest reason for the PS2's superiority is the beautifully designed controller. It's simply perfect. Whenever i have to pick a multi-platform game i almost always pick the PS2 version just for the controller, graphics are secondary to me.

Lastly, the overall presentation of the PS2 should also be addressed. Specifically the original design, it's slick and has that cool futuristic look to it. The way you can set it up horizontally or vertically is cool, while the Gamecube is small and boxy, and the Xbox is big and bulky.

There are many other things to point out like online availability and exclusive titles, but i'll let others handle that.[/COLOR]

Posted by Unite

PS2 for me with games like shin megami tensei , Disgaea , phantom brave , GTA:SA, MGS3 , Suikoden 4 etc

Posted by Speedfreak

Gamecube, for single player, Xbox for multiplayer. I don't have friends over much, so I kinda need Xbox Live to play with them, Gamecube has a hell of a lot of brilliant exclusive single player titles. As for PS2, I don't see much reason to bother with it. The multiplayer aspect is God-awful and all the "decent" RPGs are the complete opposite of my tastes.

Posted by Crazy K

If I had the money I would buy the GC and Xbox, and if I did have all three, I would find time to play every one of them. PS2 in my opinion has the best games. Gamecube has more of the best games In a head of the Xbox. And Xbox has good Better graphics, and has better online.

So I could never choose between the 3 but since I have a PS2 I have to go on PS2 for now.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

GAMECUBE's my favorite, as everyone should well know. Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Brothers, Eternal Darkness, Custom Robo, Pikmin, and others make Nintendo's 1st and 2nd-party lineup the best around, in my opinion. And while there hasn't been the bloated outpouring of support from 3rd-parties that sony gets, titles like Soul Calibur II, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Baten Kaitos, the Resident Evil series, Harvest Moon, Tales of Symphonia, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Viewtiful Joe, and Lost Kingdoms have given me more than enough to chew on over the years since the system's launch. This year will see the release of a new Zelda game the likes of which God Himself will most likely be waiting in line to play, as well as new Mario and Star Fox games. Dare I hope that this is the year Capcom will finally finish and release Dead Phoenix as well? I dare. I dare.

X-box comes in second with a strong barrage of exclusive 3rd-party support. Sega tops the list of my reasons for owning the system. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Shenmue II were the titles I originally purchased an X-box for, and they did not disappoint me one bit. Fable, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive 3, Battlestar Gallactica, Yager, Crimson Sea, Wreckless, Dungeons and Dragons Heroes, Gun Valkyrie, Evil Dead: Fistfull of Boomstick, and Mojo kept me interested. I'm one of the few people who actually like the original controller design. The huge one. I'm looking forward to Star Wars: Episode III, Destroy All Humans, Kameo, and Doom 3, to be sure.

playstation 2 has been a disappointment to even my low expectations of it. Star Ocean 3 and Rygar are the only two games I've really had much fun with on the system. I'm still waiting for a few more titles to justify the $90 I paid for the blasted thing, but I don't expect the system to be any more memorable for me than the old playstation, which had only 4 games on it that I felt were worth my time. The games I've played on this system had a consistant atmosphere to them that just screamed "watered-down" to me. Perhaps it's the low-end capabilities of the system itself. Perhaps it's the fact that I still have yet to find an appropriate controller or perfect my mod of an X-box one so that I can be comfortable with the position of the analog stick. Perhaps it's a reflection of the degradation of the entire industry. Whatever the case, ps2 may be the most popular thing around, but it's little more than a footnote in this generation for me.

Posted by Big Boss

There are several reasons why I prefer the PS2 over the Xbox and GameCube. Mainly, it's the wide variety of great games I've played, as well as the great number of games I want to play for the system. The fact that it's home to the best game ever, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, should be reason enough. Thankfully, there's a whole other boatload of excellent things that come from being a PS2 owner, such as the best controller ever conceived by man, the Dual Shock 2, capable of adapting to every single game genre imaginable. It's also the only controller out there which design is the key for making a game innovative, like Namco's Katamari Damacy. You can't say that about the GameCube's and Xbox's controller. There is no game that takes such an original advantage of those controllers, which are technically newer than the DS2, and therefore are supposed to offer a better ergonomic design, as well as more opportunities for innovation. The PS2 is also home to the best RPGs, platformers and fighting games out there, and most new franchises from third-party developers are released there. On top of that, I've had the pleasure of owning a first-generation PS2 on perfect working conditions, and the online performance is just as good as that of an Xbox, minus the user-friendly hub. Not taking advantage of a PS2 is like owning a SNES just to play Robocop 3... it's a crime.

The Xbox would fall in second place. I didn't buy it for Halo, but for Shenmue II, one title of a much underrated franchise. I waited for the S controller, since the original was sadly made for bears and basketball centers with an attraction for gaming. Games like Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR II and Xbox Live solidified the system as the second-best choice for hardcore gamers. The emptiness found from the death of the arcades can now be fulfilled thanks to online play. The system is also home to some very interesting games, which can be flawed, but still offer new experiences that should not be missed for gamers constantly looking for something new, and games like Fable and Breakdown provide these. Look out for the sequels to these games.

Lastly, there's the GameCube, which first showed more premise than the N64 but eventually fell even behind its clumsy predecessor. While the N64 was home to Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario 64, Paper Mario and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, games that truly brought something new to the table, some of which reinvented their own genres, the GameCube became nothing more than a station for the extension of these games. Sunshine is a poor man's SM64, Wind Waker is a solid game that's too close to OoT, and SSBM is more of the crap found in SSB. It was up to good talent not found at Nintendo to create some great, original titles for the system, like Retro Studios' Metroid Prime and Silicon Knights' Eternal Darkness. I look forward to playing RE4, and even Legend of Zelda, which I believe will be more of the same but with at least a more mature look at the world of Hyrule. In the end, the GCN is a system with too few good exclusive games to buy, even fewer of which are original, and that never showed signs to provide a good enough lineup to compete with those of the PS2 and Xbox. The fact that my GCN can't read discs adds points against it. More to the point, my bro's GCN broke down just recently the same way, and he lives in an entire different country away from me. PS2s breaking down? Yeah... tell that to my $200 Nintendo doorstep.

Posted by Nizmo

I like any console as much as any other. They all seem like brilliant & unique entertainment systems to me. Sure they all have their little rivalries and marketing feud's, but if you were competing against some of the most technologically advanced companies in the world, and you were trying to win, I think it would be as it is.

First of all, the PS2. I like this console simply because of the games. I despise the design and some of the features, but they're not what keeps me going. The PS2 itself isn't all that bad. Especially when you compare it to such systems as the PSOne. The games seem to be getting more and more graphically embellished. For example, Def Jam Vendetta compared to the sequel, is nothing. The graphics, sound, capacity and gameplay are so much better than it's prequel, that you'd find it quite hard to believe they were both made for the same console. But then again you'd consider the time differential. They were manufactured quite away from eachother, meaning, as time went on, facilities and technology would have obviously gotten better, thus, a better game could be produced. These days, the PS2 games are handsomely developed. Well, the big titles are, anyway. I like the fact that because games are still being produced at a steady rate, I never get bored. It's pretty hard to do so when you have quite a large library of excellent games to choose from and play at will. The PS2 has it's fair share of downsides aswell, but the overall gameplay makes up for it.

The XBOX, I can't say much about. I don't own one at the moment, and I never have. But from what I've heard, it seems like a brilliant console, too. The games, which I have played, are decent enough to comment about. Halo is just absolute perfection when combined with XBOX Live. Fable was also heavy-handedly cool. Seeing as the console was made by Microsoft, I don't see why it wouldn't be a big seller out there. I dislike a lot about this console than the other two, but that's purely because it's what I've experienced. The controller is disgustingly huge, but adaptation isn't impossible. Speaking of big, what's up with the console's size? But then again you have to wonder where they're going to put all the powerful machinery that makes XBOX what it is. Great console, too bad I don't have one.

As for the GameCube. Well, it's one of my 'main' time-killing possessions. I have more games for this console than any other. This being the main factor of why I play it more than the others. Sure what Big Boss says is true, but you can't say that playing the 'futuristic versions' of games on the predecessor isn't fun. I had a great time playing Super Mario Sunshine. It didn't exactly last very long, but it wasn't boring. I might think differently of it because I've never actually played Super Mario 64. [Except the DS version] The GameCube also has the greatest design, as a console. It's fairly compact and light, and the controllers are my favourite. Especially the Wavebird. The games on the console are pretty amazing too. The lack of them is what bothers me. Every time I pop into GAME or Gamestation, the GameCube chart hasn't changed since the previous three weeks. The same games are being displayed and no new ones have been released. But when they are, that's a different story. You get to have hours of great gaming, whether it's single-player or multi-player. The utilities that it comes with are also pretty handy. The GameBoy Player and GBA link up tools are awesome. Not to mention the console itself is awesome.

Posted by Scorpion

PS2, I absolutely love it. I also like its online play, Xbox Live is so much more fun but it makes it so hard to connect. PS2 Online is SOOOOO easy to connect to, I had no problems what so ever.

And I absolutley LOVE the games that PS2 has to offer. It always has games coming out for it and then gets even more when it gets those games that come out for all 3 sytems.

Also I love the controller because it is the same as the PS1 so I don't have to get used to it.

In terms of graphics I think that Xbox has great cutscene graphics but normal gameplay on the PS2 looks the same as Xbox gameplay graphics.

I can't stand it when people don't like PS2 because, "It broke after about a year", that must be their fault because I got a PS2 the year it came out and it just broke a couple months ago(And I have dropped it numerous times, never cleaned it, and opened the disk tray during mid game play).

So I now have the new PSTwo and it is so small it is wonderful, the Xbox is really like, well, a big box.

Posted by Fiindil

Gamecube! followed by PS2

Why the cube? It's compact, tucks away nicely in corners, and has some of the most fun games around, which is what gaming should be about. The amount of hours I've killed playing SSBM alone is fairly high, and when you have friends round, it's a pretty **** good party game! Couple that with Super Monkey Ball, and you get a **** fine pair of games!

PS2 in second. Sure it may be specced less than the X-Box, but I don't give a crap about graphics, they're eye candy, GOOD GRAPHICS DO NOT MAKE GOOD GAMES! It's amazing how many people think otherwise. If a game's crap, then it has a chance to fall back onto it's graphics. But even still, the x-box isn't that much better in terms of graphic rendering.

And finally, Satan's console. The controller for a start....NO! Then you get it's most overhyped game, Halo, it's nothing special. I'd much rather stick to Wolf 3D back on my old 386 thankyouverymuch. Made by M$, therefore intrisically evil. I'm amazed there haven't yet been complaints of people's X-box's being cracked into :)

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Gamecube all the way! I really don't have a second, but if I had to put one down I'll say...um...PS2. They have some good RPG's such as FFX and Star Ocean.

Posted by Dusty_Engel

For me it's Playstation 2. The controllers to me are more comfortable then both X-Box and GameCube. I really never liked the X-Box but I own both PS2 and GC and PS2 has the better game selection out of all of them. The PS2 System is versitalie and i can be packed in a tight spot by just putting it on its side and no other system can and helps save room and its just too me an all around system compared too the other competition.

Posted by sly_fox

Well in my opinion i think that the sony playstation 2 is the better out of the rest of them. I just feel that the ps2 has more to offer to us in the way of games and i think that the reputation of the ps2 will be hard to beat.

Posted by Dexter

I prefer the Game Cube. I have always preferred Nintendo over the others, though, so this doesn't come as any big surprise. I think it has a wonderful game collection, even without Rare, who I think was their best company. If Rare was making games for X Box like they would be making for the Cube if they were still with them, then I imagine the X Box would at least be as satisfying as the Playstation 2.

Posted by Speedfreak

After owning the Xbox for a year, I've recently decided that it's absolutely abysmal. All my games SUCK unless you use them on Xbox Live, and on all of them but Halo 2, finding a decent game is IMPOSSIBLE. To top it off, the only decent game coming out this year, Conker, has been delayed. Bloody Brilliant.

Gamecube, on the other hand, has served me well, I have a crapload of great games for that little system and it always sees the most action at any LAN I have or go to.

I haven't taken much notice of PS2, mainly because it's so bloody expensive and I can't really see any games I want on it. However, my opinion is slowly changing, just because I don't enjoy the games that are crazily hyper that doesn't mean I won't enjoy games that weren't, which is a similar situation with my newer Gamecube games. Maybe I can find some stuff I like on there yet.

Posted by Bebop

After having my Xbox take up from on my desk and hogging all the dust for a long period of time I can safely say it's not my favorite of the current 3.

Most games are decent shooters or racers aimed at an older audience and theres nothing there that really appeals to me. However some games I do want such as Halo 2, Conker, Half Life 2 and Doom 3. Theres little diversity in Xbox and because of that I don't buy many games.

Posted by Killer Jordo

[SIZE=1]gamecube[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]gamecube[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]gamecube[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]gamecube[/SIZE] [SIZE=5]gamecube[/SIZE] [SIZE=6]gamecube[/SIZE] [SIZE=7]GAMECUBE![/SIZE]

Posted by buddha

Hmmmm..........tough one ....I really dont think i could choose one over the other as i cant really imagine not having experienced the best games for all 3. just so you know i wont mention anything about the consoles hardware as i think its games and games alone that matter when trying to decide the best.The PS2 has: devil may cry,GTA,final fantasy 10 and twisted metal black(not a common choice i know) and the XBOX has halo,and my personal favourite ninja gaiden.The GAMECUBE has resident evil,zelda,and metroid.In my opinion their all pretty cool consoles.

Posted by Map42892

Playstation 2 is the best, mainly because of the amount of games, and the games to choose from. I HATE X-BOX, the worthless snotty nosed fungus eating piece of cheese it is to of being of to be.

Posted by thug2777

All of them are great gamecube has a lot of good one person shooters but it doesnt have a dvd drive. Xbox has a dvd drive and great graphics and great game collection. Ps2 is mostly for car racing games really good graphics and a lot of choices in games and dvd drive.

Graphics: xbox

Games: xbox

Quality: gamecube

sequals: xbox

Over all: xbox

But the other systeme have so much more than the othere do or dont have there all wonderful.

Posted by Izonik

Let's take a look...

PS2: Undoubtably the most popular. The machine itself is good. Design is great, and there's the DVD player. There's also a wide variety of games, but, alas, so many of them are AWFUL! I'm not denying that there are some unbelievable games on it, but there are too many awful games. Also, the graphics aren't really used to their full potential.
Good, I'd say.

Xbox: First word. Graphics. They are awesome. The concole itself is way too bulky, but looks pretty neat. Games are good. Nothing truly pathetic, al;though there aren't that many gems, like Halo. Sound is great!
Very good console!

Gamecube: The best bit about the cube is its games. There aren't exactly loads, but the quality of most of them is astonishing. Graphics are very good. The machine isn't much to look at, but the menu is excellent! Sound is okay. The controller won't be liked by the hardcore beat 'em up fans out there, as the buttons are all over the place.

A very, very close call, but I'd have to go for the Gamecube.

Posted by Last Mist

The Xbox is def. the best system hands down. Xbox live is the best of all the online play. The games are amazing and get the best reviews for there non-lagging play and amazing graphics. Ps2 has quite a large library of games... and a large dump bin at EB games for all the random garbage that was made in a month and released on the ps2. Gamecube is for kids, theres about 4 M titles on the GC. No online capabilities either.

Posted by Fuzzhead

Quoting Shade: Maybe you could base your decision off of, what system you play more often? What your favorite games are? Those kinds of things. I believe that Xbox and Gamecube only have one or two things over the PS2.

Gamecube:
- Wavebird Wireless Controller
- Nintendo Exclusives (Animal Crossing and Metroid, mainly.)

Xbox:
- Xbox Live
- Enhanced Graphics
- Miscellaneus Hardware Capabillities

shade you forgot a few details...game cube and Xbox both have 4 controller ports, ps2 has only 2..even though the ps2 could have had 4 ports is just that despite sony has dvd players tvs and stereo systems to sell they just want a little etra money out of your pocket by selling everything seporatly sending you into a real RPG game because your trying to find all this stuff to make your ps2 better....Xbox and gamecube dont have everything sold seporatly..like at the gamestop in my town you can buy the internet service that comes with the Xbox and only pay for the Xbox system same with the gamecuber and there boradband adaptor
i had to pay extra expenses with ps2 for the online package

Posted by falcoandfox

As for me its gotta be gamecube...its the only system ive got, and im a big nintendo fan! My favorite video game character is Falco, and his games are only on gamecube...

Posted by Poco

PS2 and Xbox. nintendo's gamecube is shoddoly built, and it only lasted me a couple of months. bought that piece of crap new, and it broke. I like my PS2, it's a first generation machiene, which I bought used. It hasn't given me a single problem yet. Plus, most of gamecube's rpg's are mediocre. Lost Kingdoms? Sucked. Baeten Kaitos? Boring. Custom Robo? The most ***awful story in an rpg. Ever. The only exceptions from the mediocre pile are Phantasy Star online, and Tales of Symphonia.

Posted by Ronin

Gamecube all the way. Mostly because nintendo has made THE BEST games since it started.

In second place is the PS2. Mostly because of the 3 FF games (soon to be 4) that have come out for it but also for great graphics, and if made properly, an excellent storyline for any game. aka. Kingdom Hearts.

In dead last its the XboX. It's a cool system and all, but most of the games for it are horendous (sp?). they are mostly M rated games that aren't even worth playing. Except for Halo and Halo 2, those are great games. The only thing that makes XboX worth buying is the XboX-Live.

Posted by Random

I prefer the Xbox over the others. I owned all three and currently own the Playstation 2 and Xbox. I spend most of my playing on Xbox Live. I've recently been playing
Doom 3. The reason why i choose xbox is simple. Great multiplayer games, great online gaming and of course great quality in games. Both Gamecube and PS2 have great quality games too but it depends really what your into I guess. I'm mostly into FPS/Fighting/Racing Games mixed in with some sports while Sony has a lot of those too but just in poor quality, and the Gamecube has Little.

I've learned you can't tell someone which console is better, you just show them why you like yours. Theres no persuading to be done. I choose the Xbox but you may not and thats kewl.

Posted by Waluigi Ice Cream

Gamecube.

I don't really mind the other systems,but since I'm a Nintendo loyalist,I will go with Gamecube.

Besides,who doesn't love WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games?

Posted by RedNeckGamer06

i would have to say that the GameCube is my favorite of the 3, mainly because of Metroid and Super Smash Bros. Its compact design and wireless controllers to me were the decieding factors when i went out and bought mine, that and the cheaper price at the time
my number 2 system is the ps2, the only reason i got it is because it has more sports games to choose from.
and sorry xbox fans, i dont own one, and as a avid online fps player, i never could get into the halo games, they never did add up to my standerds after playin Joint Opperations and Battlefield 1942, and i thought the design made it too bulky compared to the others

Posted by Funkmaster Flowerday

id say ps2 and game cube i like a little more than xbox. ps2 for the huge librarie of games especially rpgs and other wierd games that seem to come out on ps2 more often than other systems like katamary damaci
i mean name a ganre ps2 has at least a few great games in that ganre if not many more. ok than game cube i just cant get enugh of those great 1st party games zelda metroid mario animal crossing mario kart melee pikmin
there all so good. the xbox has cool features and better graphics but just lack an amount of qulity games the only games i have enjoyed on xbox are both halos which are good but overated fable which was nice but did nt live up to all the hype and jade empire thats it.

Posted by Master Chief 12

[Font=Tahoma][Size=2][Color=Orange]Xbox=greatest for me, although I like all of the consoles.

Xbox
-Xbox Live, great graphics, huge controllers, and good exclusive games.

Gamecube
-great kid games, not so huge controllers, and Super Smash Bros. Melee(a plus all by itself)

Playstation 2
-huge library of games, awesome graphics, and lots of the good sports games.

Overall:
Xbox-9/10
Gamecube-8/10
PS2-8.5/10[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Vann64

I own all 3, but I am gonna go for PLaystation 2. It has the most games, and the best controller, in my opinion, for multiplatform games. Also, SOCOM online is amazing! Playstation 2 online is free; I refuse to pay monthly for XBox Live when I already bought the XBox and am paying monthly internet bills anyways.

Posted by Codester

Ok here's a list of what I think. This is each systems GOOD things
Xbox
-Halo
-Halo 2
-Xbox Live

PS2
-GTA (all)
-Socom (I & II)
-Controller (most comfortable)

GCN
-Mario party (all)
-RE4
-Pretty much INDESTRUCTIBLE (I've dropped it many times and its never messed up or anything)

This is each systems BAD things
Xbox
-Controller too bulky

PS2
-Doesn't have 4 controller slots

GCN
-No online

Remember these are just MY opinions

Posted by Li_long

Well, overall i think ps2 is the best, and that's probably just because i'm an overall gamer. I don't just focus on one type of game. But, if I did, I would have to go with Nintendo for adventure and platformers. I would probably go with Xbox for first person shooters, and ps2 for rpg's, fighting games, and pretty much everything else.

Posted by ScudZteR

My list goes Gamecube, X-Box, and ps2.

Gamecube- The very best exclusive games, very durable, comfortable controler, super smash and zelda (best games ever)

X-Box- Love the controler, graphics, all my friends have it so ive learned to like it

ps2- only 2 controler ports, R1 R2 L1 L2?? I HATE THAT , it does have a nice library of games though

Posted by Sneak

...oh a big debate in which no minds will be changed.

For me this is tough. I used to be a big ps2 fan when it came out and then xbox came out. The first time I heard about xbox I was like..."What the hell?" Nothing can beat ps2. Then I played xbox and I really liked it. I bought one shortly after that. I own both systems and play games on both but I have to go with xbox. I mainly like xbox because of xbox live. I think it is a better online experiance. I also like some of the games on xbox a little better than the ps2. Don't get me wrong. I love Dynasty Warriors and the Ace Combat series on PS2. But becuase of some recent games on xbox....I just like it better. Take Ghost Recon 2 for example. The ps2 version sucked and the xbox version was alot better. Xbox is a better system for me. I vote xbox.

~Sneak

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

PS2 and Gamecube,PS2 doesn't really need an explanation,it's just awesome,all the games,its library is huge stuff,plus most of the games in it's library are good,it's a balanced console,which makes it perfect.I like Gamecube as well,I like the graphics they are really smooth IMO,it doesn't have as many good games as PS2 and lacks RPG's,which PS2 doesn't,that's one of the main reasons why I like PS2 it has such an amazing quantity of RPG's,it's a life saver,heh.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

I love both PS2 & Gamecube. PS2 has a good variety of games, and nice graphics. I love my PS2 =) And Gamecube... AWESOME Graphics... When I got mine for my bday, and saw the graphics.... i began to drool, and spazz on the floor. Nice games, and cinemas as well!!!!

Posted by TheButcher

Here is what I think,

Their are two Factors involved when it comes to determining the best Gaming System. These factors are, Hardware capabilities and Gaming Quality.
I don't want to offend any people on these boards with my opinions because offending is not my intention, I'm stated to my own opinion and I respect yours.
As for gaming quality my NO.1 vote goes to GameCube. My foundation for my reasoning is like this " Quality over beauty." This might be in my mind only, but I find that alot of Playstation 2 Games lack fun game play. Each and every time I ask someone "What is your favorite game system out of X-BOX, PS2, and Gamecube?" They say PS2. I ask them why, they say, "Because it's good, XBOX was ok, Gamecube was just to kiddie like." I must agree with them on one thing, Gamecube games are a bit too colorful and their is rarely any games containing violence, but I don't see how this is a good reason too put PS2 ahead of GameCube, because in a true gamers heart, all that matters is how fun the game is, nothing else matters. Don't get me wrong, PS2 has a fair share of good games E.X. Metal Gear Solid, Brunout 2-3, Grand Theft Auto 3, Sports Games, etc. I just don't think that they are better then the Gamecubes set of games. So the Gamecube is 1st on my list in this category because of it's fine list of games. PS2 is second, XBOX is last. I really hate to put XBOX in last, it's just I only have 3 XBOX games (Doom 3, Halo, Halo 2) and I can't judge the Game play quality of the system with such little knowledge of it, but I must add, the games I've played of it are great games.
Now on too the next category, the hardware. The winner here goes to XBOX by far. It has XBOX live, 4 controller ports, no memory card required for most games, DVD player, and in my opinion, the best graphics. Just check out those huge 3D worlds in Halo!!! It has the worst controller out of the three in my opinion. PS2 only haves 2 controller ports which really suck, and it also requires a memory card, on the bright side it has a really good DVD player and the best controller in my opinion. Gamecube also has 4 controller ports and that Gameboy Player thing, It also has Broadband, but too bad it's useless because you only have Double Dash!! for it, and a few others I think. The gamecube has a fair controller thats great for shooters, and it also has better graphics then PS2. So my order goes as follows, XBOX at the top, PS2 at the second spot and Gamecube at the last spot.

So, for my overall conclusion list, here it is.

1. Gamecube NO.1
2. PS2 NO.2
3. XBOX NO.3

It sucks that I don't know much about XBOX. :(

Something I'd like to add just for fun. Like the first poster, my PS2 Broke too, And just recently at that. My nephew broke it horse playing around in the house, and now I got to save up alot just to get a new one.

Sorry for the very long post, just got carried away.

-TheButcher

Posted by blue123

PS2 is my favorite, besides thinking it is the best one out there, i also have a huge library of old games i still like to play every now and then

Posted by BigB78

Console wise Im Gamecube all the way but my favorite gamming platform is PC but thats just me.

Posted by Drewboy64

Gamecube. Quick load times, great graphics (RE4, Jungle beat), great games (Re4, jungle beat, ssbm, etc. etc.), great controllers, etc.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

PS2 = RPG's.

Plus I <3 Sony.

Posted by ExoXile

Nintendo Gamecube.

Posted by Neox

omg, this is sad. Theres to much immature gamecube players and teenage ps2 players. Not enough mature players that play x-box. no wonder xbox is inlast place..

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Neox]omg, this is sad. Theres to much immature gamecube players and teenage ps2 players. Not enough mature players that play x-box. no wonder xbox is inlast place..

Wow, thats a stupid comment. Im sick of people using the "age factor" as a reason to bash the other consoles. I don't consider blasting pixelated characters to death with an imaginary machine gun very "mature", if thats what you mean.

I voted for the last option.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Neox: omg, this is sad. Theres to much immature gamecube players and teenage ps2 players. Not enough mature players that play x-box. no wonder xbox is inlast place..

Haha, you dumbass. How old are you, five?:rolleyes:

...But yeah, I like the gamecube. I just wish it was online! So many games could've been better online - fourswords perhaps, but moreso Double Dash and Smash Brothers.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Neox: omg, this is sad. Theres to much immature gamecube players and teenage ps2 players. Not enough mature players that play x-box. no wonder xbox is inlast place..

Your ignorance is showing.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Neox]omg, this is sad. Theres to much immature gamecube players and teenage ps2 players. Not enough mature players that play x-box. no wonder xbox is inlast place..

Ok first off you cant judge when these people are not acting immature. Secondly they are stating their very own opinions on witch systems they prefer over the other. Who cares if Gamecube is beating PS2 and Xbox. And who cares if Xbox is loosing. It just means that there are more GC and PS2 fans here over xbox fans.

Besides that not eveyone here will vote for their favorite system.

I myself voted for all systems, because I believe they are all equal. There are a lot of grown adults who play the Gamecube. I know if I had a Gamecube I would be playing it.

And saying "there is to many immature teens who play PS2" is just not true. There are probably more adults out there who play PS2. I know a lot of people who do.

And im sure there are many immature Xbox players, like maybe yourself.

I bet you if I got my mom a Gamecube for lets say this christmas, I bet ya on her days off she would be playing that thing Quite a bit. My mom loves Nintendo and she is 43 years old. You dont have to be 8,9,10, or 11 to play a Gamecube. And you dont have to be a teen to play a PS2.

So do us all a favor and leave, and take your ignoarance away with you.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Drewboy64:
...But yeah, I like the gamecube. I just wish it was online! So many games could've been better online - fourswords perhaps, but moreso Double Dash and Smash Brothers.

This's all going to happend... Perhaps :)

Posted by Darkbackward

The gamecube has far too much spin off trash to be considered normal now. Super smash bros., mario kart, mario tennis, mario golf, mario soccer, luigi's mansion.

It's almost as if Nintendo became so infatuated with putting their platform characters into average party games that they decided to only make one REAL mario game a console. And this time it wasn't as good as mario 64, it was only an average clunker that beats out Jak 2 at best. And Jak 2 is the middle of the line for playstation 2 platformers.

As for playstation 2, alot of overrated titles such as mgs2, final fantasy X, etc.

The best playstation 2 games I believe are ports or Sony exclusives. The Warriors, Grand theft Auto 3, Twisted Metal Black, Sly Cooper and the Thievus Racoonus, etc.

Xbox would be nothign without Sega and PC ports. The xbox live system is overrated junk that impresses, in my mind, noob gamers.

Well those are just my thoughts, if I had to rate it would be 1. Ps2, 2. gamecube, 3. Xbox.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Darkbackward: The gamecube has far too much spin off trash to be considered normal now. Super smash bros., mario kart, mario tennis, mario golf, mario soccer, luigi's mansion.

It's almost as if Nintendo became so infatuated with putting their platform characters into average party games that they decided to only make one REAL mario game a console. And this time it wasn't as good as mario 64, it was only an average clunker that beats out Jak 2 at best. And Jak 2 is the middle of the line for playstation 2 platformers.

ALl the games you listed are great; Smash bros and mario kart are amazing, and Sunshine was a beautiful and fun game. I don't see how it was a bad game at all. Wind Waker was great, too.

Posted by Nintendo Girl

Yeah, guess what i'm gonna say...
well just incase there are smart-a**** it's gamecube.
WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Hammered On

PS2. <3

My gamecube collects dust. :(

Posted by NFSMW6

i have one word
XBOX

Posted by Dragner

Well I voted PS2 but the GC is a close 2nd. I think the GC is a better system but doesnt have as many good games as the PS2. PS2 also has really good game play.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: PS2 also has really good game play.

Games have good gameplay.

Posted by Dragner

Sorry I ment to say PS2's games have good game play.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Big Boss]

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

i laughed when i read this...very hard actually...because i have already proved that yeah ps2 does have a huge selection of games... but first, are you serious your going to buy them all? and plus alot of them are junk i walked into futer shop just to look for my self who the heck has heard of ??? im not going to name the games that like they come out with no comercials or anything how do we even know it existed its like they just make tons of crapy games to make it look like they got alot...well ps2 might have more but are they anygood? also i saw you said you liked MGS 3: Snake Eater...is that online even? terrible now days if they dont make a online game...well i check and it says it is but i remember how bad the ps2's online was it was horrible 99.999999 ext. of the population were cheaters, and they do not get banned... and if they they even did get banded they could just make a new one for free. WAIT! ARE YOU KIDDING? the best controller? its the worst man for FPS's expecially you shoot with your thumb? haha i would rather pull a trigger on the xbox because trigger pulling feels like your actually shooting a gun they shaped the controller on the xbox almost like a gun for all the awsome FPS's, yeah lets all shoot with the "X" button. Yeah RPG and fighting games, but when has the best game in the world ever been a RPG or a fighting? its always been a shooter you can never beat those its funny too because i have seen other things about people talking about the ps2's games and no one dis's there games, at least people that can play xbox can dis there own games and i know why ps2 lovers dont even though they no deep down inside that socom 3 blows becuase of all the cheaters... they cant admit thats its not that good because they cant afford the risk of xbox lovers finding out. Also i wouldn't doubt the when halo 2 first came out how people were saying that the campain sucked...that ps2 lovers were saying it too and they didn't even play it they were just saying it because they heard actual xbox people saying it, that is why the ps2 fans dont dis there games no matter what, because theyd ont want the xbox fans to find out and do the same thing they did when all there games come out, now there has never been a perfect game so i dont know why people would give games the perfect rating...and never does a game deserve 1 outta 5 stars no game should have that no matter what unless its like back yard wresling we all know how bad that game was...thats all i have to say for now bye.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, it's a shame that all games can't be Halo 2.

****, yeah! Halo 2! Yeah, Halo 2! Yeah!

Quoted post: so i saw you said you liked MGS 3: Snake Eater...is that online even? terrible now days if they dont make a online game...

You've played the game right? Because, really, it doesn't even have to be online. You'd be amazed at how far a good single-player mode will go. But I assume you haven't actually played that game. Because it's not an FPS and isn't on the Xbox.

Either way, They're releasing an online version pretty soon.

That's about the only line I read.

Posted by Random

The way I see it Hmmm...

Xbox is dead now that the 360 is out

The Gamecube has the smallest library and the least multiplayer games

The PS2 has 10 billion games that suck

XBox Lacks numerous RPG's

PS2 lacks decent hardware specs

Gamecube has nothing more coming out

There are a few bad points :)

Quoted post: Xbox is dead now that the 360 is out

Black.

Quoted post: The Gamecube has the smallest library and the least multiplayer games

Most of the games are MP, just not online.

Quoted post: The PS2 has 10 billion games that suck

You're an idiot.

Quoted post: XBox Lacks numerous RPG's

What it has is pretty good.

Quoted post: PS2 lacks decent hardware specs

Makes up for it with large library and many great games. RE4 and Black prove that it can nearly equal a GC and Xbox.

Quoted post: Gamecube has nothing more coming out

Possibly Zelda. And I bet you haven't bought Chibi-Robo yet.

Quoted post: There are a few bad points

Quite horrible.

Posted by Random

Your right I didn't think of Chibi Robo because it's not a good game coming out for the Cube :-P

Quoted post: Your right I didn't think of Chibi Robo because it's not a good game coming out for the Cube :-P

Incorrect. It's a good game that's already out on the 'Cube.

Posted by Random

Eh I remember putting it out the tuesday before last I think it was. The 7th if i'm not mistaken. Anywho it didn't sell.

Since when did sales indicate greatness?

It'll end up being a sleeper-hit, no doubt about that. But don't knock it before you've played it. It's charming and pretty **** fun.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I'd like to pick it up. Same for MGS3

But honestly, can't you say that a majority of the games for PS2 suck ***? Same can be said for the GBA. They both have a huge fan base so tons of games are going to be made for it that suck.

Quoted post: Yeah, I'd like to pick it up. Same for MGS3

Wait until Subsistence comes out. Assuming you weren't talking about that one.

Quoted post: But honestly, can't you say that a majority of the games for PS2 suck ***? Same can be said for the GBA. They both have a huge fan base so tons of games are going to be made for it that suck.

The majority of games on all consoles suck.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro: Wait until Subsistence comes out. Assuming you weren't talking about that one.

If it's 20 bucks I'll get it for sure :cool:

The majority of games on all consoles suck.

[QUOTE=Vampiro]True, there is just a lot more on PS2. Just in the numbers catagory.

Quoted post: If it's 20 bucks I'll get it for sure

I thinkit's cheaper than the average game. Plus, you get so much more ****. So it's worth it.

Quoted post: True, there is just a lot more on PS2. Just in the numbers catagory.

There's more ****ty games because there's more games in general. It also means there will be more good games.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

You said that its ok to have an offline game? well people that play xbox and are paying for XBL dont want to play a offline game when they have online when its wayyy better...why would they buy a offline game when they have online?

Quoted post: You said that its ok to have an offline game? well people that play xbox and are paying for XBL dont want to play a offline game when they have online when its wayyy better...why would they buy a offline game when they have online?

Because only 2 million people have Xbox Live, while over 15 million people own an Xbox. A lot of people DON'T play online, so it really doesn't matter to them.

Plus, most online games are completely worthless. They vary only he slightest bit from game to game, so unless it has something completely different than the rest of the competition it's just a waste of money.

Plus, it's the single-player experience that makes a game great. It's what makes you like the universe you're in and the character you're playing. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of random characters fighting in some alternate universe that no one cares about.

Posted by Zeta

Verachi is the perfect example of gamers these days. "OMG n0t 0n1in3!?!!11! I7 suXX0r5!!shift+1". Quite sad, really.

I'm not going to take part in this thread. I'm biased towards Nintendo, but I realize whenever I say 'PS2/XBox sucks' that I'm no better than those like Verachi. So I'm going to try and view them all equally. Still gonna be a bit biased towards the Big N, though.

Posted by Random

Well I respect what you said. I too am the same way only for the Xbox/360. I'm no better than anyone else here. I could lie and say I am but i'm not. Well said you've earned some rep.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

ooo im going to pretend im the best at halo 2 and never play online to find out, and say i beat campain on legendary, well guess what, who hasn't that has xbox live not beatin campain on legendary? andi bet you havn't even so be quiet, and when i have i ever siad oh ps2 sucks or game cube sucks? i hate people that say that, i even hate most of the people that play xbox because all you guys these days are mostly just buying consoles just because more people say its the best, well lets just buy it because its the most popular. and i also know why game cube is not online its because all the game cube fans have crapy internet conneciton. i joined a game cube chat, i checked everyones ping i had lower ping then the host and that was lame.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting VerachiIsPimP: and i also know why game cube is not online its because all the game cube fans have crapy internet conneciton. i joined a game cube chat, i checked everyones ping i had lower ping then the host and that was lame.

Finally, someone has answered that age old question. Thank you for dawning light upon all us who were in the dark. You deserve massive rep.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]who hasn't that has xbox live not beatin campain on legendary?
Assuming that means "people who don't have xbox live", I've beaten the campaign on legendary if it means that much to you.

[quote]andi bet you havn't even so be quiet
...Alrighty then.

[quote]when i have i ever siad oh ps2 sucks or game cube sucks?
"i remember how bad the ps2's online was it was horrible"
"WAIT! ARE YOU KIDDING? the best controller?"

Never explicitly saying it != proving that you have that opinion.

[quote]but when has the best game in the world ever been a RPG or a fighting?
halo 2 rullz u!!!! RULLZ!1!!!

HALO 2 IS HARDCORE SKILL!

It's always hilarious when someone brings up Halo 2 as any sort of valid argument.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro: HALO 2 IS HARDCORE SKILL!

It's always hilarious when someone brings up Halo 2 as any sort of valid argument.

Just like when a new FPS gets reviewed, it's always compared to Halo2 in some way, and it's always bad.

Hilarious yes Vamp.

Posted by Speedfreak

Hey, Somebody Random. What good games are coming out for Xbox 1 this year? Has it occurred to you that perhaps the reason there aren't a lot of Gamecube games coming out this year is because Nintendo is focusing on Revolution? The last year of Xbox before 360 came out was pretty crappy too.

Oh, and

HALO 2 DOESN'T HAVE SHIT ON GOLDENEYE 007.

Quoted post: What good games are coming out for Xbox 1 this year?

Black looks pretty good.

Quoted post: Just like when a new FPS gets reviewed, it's always compared to Halo2 in some way, and it's always bad.

Half-Life 2? Well, it ain't no Halo 2, that's for sure!

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Roger Smith: Just like when a new FPS gets reviewed, it's always compared to Halo2 in some way, and it's always bad.

Hilarious yes Vamp.

why shouldn't it be compared? its the best fps out and plus look at all the others that are copying it.

Quoting Klarth: Assuming that means "people who don't have xbox live", I've beaten the campaign on legendary if it means that much to you.

...Alrighty then.

"i remember how bad the ps2's online was it was horrible"
"WAIT! ARE YOU KIDDING? the best controller?"

Never explicitly saying it != proving that you have that opinion.

halo 2 rullz u!!!! RULLZ!1!!!

you saying you beat it, doesn't mean much to you because all the lies on this site i dont believe anyone i have already proved that someone has even lied about having xbox live and oh when your playing campain the same rules dont apply online, because when your playing against the computer, they are stupid you can go and take cover, and hide behind something, online the person will follow you till your dead,

also i hate most of the people online on xbox because they mostly dont like the xbox for the same reasons i do, all they can say is, oh ps2 sucks, oh game cube sucks, just like the ps2 and game cube fans are saying right now.

Quoted post: its the best fps

And that's where you become an idiot.

Quoted post: i have already proved that someone has even lied about having xbox live

Why on earth would Fate lie about having XBL? Do you even read what you're typing?

Posted by Fate

Especially since I've befriended a few people on Live through VGC. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

I bet he spelt it wrong like 6 times in a row.

Quoted post: I bet he spelt it wrong like 6 times in a row.

Yeah, I just spelt it wrong a couple times some how :(

So that's probably exactly what he did.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: Half-Life 2? Well, it ain't no Halo 2, that's for sure!

Even knowing that you are 100% sarcastic in that statement, reasing it still made me a tad angry.

Halo 2 is an overhyped pile of mediocrity. Its only die-hard fans are people who, sadly enough, exactly fit the stereotype beign displayed by verachi. Heaven forbid that they recognize its dearth of a single player, or complete lack of ingneuity or creativity, because obviously, ITZ TEH BEST GAM EVAR!!!11!!!1!one!shift+1!

Posted by Random

Even I who are biased towards Xbox can even admit that Halo 2 isn't the best game out there. It's not a bad game and it's one of my favorite Online games but it's not close to my favorite game ever. Infact I believe Halo 1 was better than Halo 2. I can find both Sony and Nintendo games (FFVII, Breath of Fire III, Zelda OOT) That I enjoy far more than Halo 2. I'm not saying Halo 2 sucks because the online play is pretty **** good. It could be better (take out the cheaters, maybe add a few more levels, and even a few more gametypes) but it's good for what it has.

Though I will say the Xbox in my book has better games than the Gamecube and PS2 (opinion), it doesn't have the best games overall from all the years i've been a gamer. At least in my point of view. Maybe in someones eyes it does have the best games then ones they've tried in the past. It all depends on what games you like and I guess what you've played. I've never actually played Chrono Trigger and I hear it's really good but finding it now seems to be a needle in a haystack. Maybe when I get the money for ebay I will.

Posted by Fate

Halo story is ****. Halo multiplayer is great. Halo Live is even better. Seriously, you guys, wtf?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Honestly, if given the choice between a CS lan and a Halo Lan, I'd go CS. Its a better control scheme, and a better game, to me anyway.

Posted by Fate

That may be true, but I hate PC games. :/

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its essentially the same game, only with different (read: real) weapons and a easier to use, more accurate and faster control setup.

Granted, if you play online without any experiance, you'll hate it, since there are approximately 50000000000 people that make the game their entire lives.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Vampiro: And that's where you become an idiot.

Why on earth would Fate lie about having XBL? Do you even read what you're typing?

i dont know why she would lie but i will tell you what your an idiot, there are alot of people on this site that don't know anything oh and fate is lying and i knwo it because people are stupid online, i was in chat a guy said he had live then i got him to addmit it by asking him what his gamertag was, he didn't even know what a gamertag was then hes like oh i was kidding yeah what a loser but i dont know why he would lie just a another internet poser like you guys

Well, I couldn't read most of that.

But Fate ISN'T lying (I know because I just tried it today and it worked fine). You're just incapable of spelling properly.

Quoted post: Halo story is ****. Halo multiplayer is great. Halo Live is even better. Seriously, you guys, wtf?

Yes, online is pretty great. But, otherwise, the game is garbage. It's just retarded how fans call it the best game ever, when really, it sucks. The only thing that makes it decent is the multiplayer, and that's really sad. It's clear the developer didn't care about anything else, and because of that, it's far from being the best game.

Posted by Random

I think the main point to creating Halo was the multiplayer and not the storyline. If it was i'm sure they would have made it better and cut out some of the multiplayer. It's one of those games like Mario Strikers that I prefer to play Multiplayer. I'm someone who requires lots of competition and a game that has great multiplayer gameplay that i'll frequently play. Thats what both the Halo's have. Halo 1 has a much better Lan (XBC and Gamespy for Halo 1 Lag), and Halo 2 has a ****ty Lan but has great XBL gameplay.

CS isn't bad but I don't think of it as a better lan whether it's PC or Xbox, I find Halo better. Not saying CS is a bad game but I don't prefer it over Halo.

Yeah, but if you're going to hype a game like Halo, why not make it an all around great game instead of ignoring a whole half of it?

Of course, they know they'll make tons of money either way, so I doubt they care.

Posted by Fate

Because mindless shooting and custom matches are the ideas borrowed from GoldenEye and capitalized upon, minus the great single player. It's meant to be multiplayer, I guess.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Which is why CS seems somehow more pure to me. It doesnt even have a single player. Its purely multi.

And its better than Halo.:cool:

Quoted post: It's meant to be multiplayer, I guess.

And that's the problem I have.

I'm not saying it's a terrible game. The MP stops it from being bad, it's just that it's nowhere near as good as people say, nor as good as it could have been.

They should have just scraped the whole SP aspect and made MP ten times better.

Posted by JonMB

In my opinion...

Xbox: Most powerful system. Many great games, and some great exclusives like Halo. Has the best online service with Xbox Live.

PS2: Greatest selection of games. The system of choice for RPG gamers. Online play, but not as universal as Xbox Live.

Gamecube: Nintendo exclusives. Inexpensive console. Reliable.

All three systems are good, and they all have something to offer for different gamers depending on their tastes.

Posted by fear the met head

xbox is da best it may be big but has da best graphics and space no memory needed as it has already 5000mb of storage to safe games
also
ps2 all the games on this is on xbox and gamecube except final fantasies

my second choive woukd be gamecube

Posted by Harry Potter

Quoting Shade: Playstation 2. I've had mine for about 3-4 years and haven't had a single problem with it. The controller is my favorite out of the three, it fits my hands perfectly and the D-Pad is in the position that the joy stick is on the others two. I'm also really looking forward to some of the PS2 exclusives coming up, so that can count a reason.
you are so stupid it doesn't matter if it
fits your hand or not u asswipe!! ha ha

Quoted post: you are so stupid it doesn't matter if it
fits your hand or not u asswipe!! ha ha

It's a controller. It's something you hold in your hand. You're an idiot.

Posted by 123Dan123

Xbox :)

Posted by 123Dan123

It has the most AAA games

Technically, no. And use the edit button.

Posted by Silver Dragon

its a tie between ps2 and xbox, but i chose xbox cuz halo and ghost recon both have amazing gameplay,graphics, and online play

(halo2 has online , not halo 1)

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=fear the met head]ps2 all the games on this is on xbox and gamecube except final fantasies

I wish... :-/

Posted by puto

game cube is the boom cuse of the games

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

yeah game cube does have alot of good games i mean most of the games that come out on it are good they dont have games that come out like the ps2 that know one has even heard of, the ps2 has tons of games but....are any of them even good? game cube is better then ps2 but i like xbox out of all of them even though you have to pay for online, its wayyyy worth it instead of having all the time lag on the ps2 online and 99.9999999999999% cheaters on the ps2 online and having to create a new account everytime you get a new game that is online for the ps2

Posted by lilwaterhead

for me its 1(ps2 2(xbox 3(gc

first i will start with what i hear is the worst i dont own a gamecube and honestly never have played one so someone could easly discredit my opinion but i think it is the 8 year old console all the games r for kids!! the design of the console is to big and bulky andthe controller is just plain wierd with buttons all over the place. and no online play doesnt help it

the xbox the two main reasons it is behind the ps2 is that the games arent all that great i mean the only good games on it that arent on multiple platiforms is halo 2 and battefield 2 mc and halo 2 isnt what it is all hyped up to be if it wasnt for the steller online play (which may make it the best game ever within itself) and the next is that the games r more for aliens and fighting type of people which i think most games with aliens are gay (halo2 being an exception bc of xbox live) but somthing in xbox's favor is that it wasnt made so cheaply such as the ps2 was and still is ps2s are still having disc reading problems (which honestly ****es me off that million dollar sony cant spend a little bit) stupid japs

and the ps2 and what puts it over the top in the long run is the controller honestly i mean what makes ps2 sports games so great i mean most are sold on the xbox to and the answer is the controller and i know it doesnt have 4 controller ports and i will admit ps2s online play sucks **** but the overall selection of games puts it over the top and remember easports games and grand theft auto were originally only on it

so the moral of the story is that this war between xbox and ps2 for titles has made rockstar and electronic arts really really rich!!!!! lol

Posted by Moogs

Andy, Halo is NOT!!! the best game. The social online play is the best. Also, BF2 MC is multi console. It's just the XBOX 360 version is a little bit different. Also, to discredit the GC opinon, not just little kids like Zelda or Super Smash Brothers. But to credit one thing you posted. I, too, don't like the GC controller and think the buttons are wack! But that doesn't mean the console sucks.

Quoted post: the design of the console is to big and bulky

Yet it's the smallest. So, I'll assume you're talking about the Xbox.

Posted by Moogs

The slim PS2 may be the smallest, but off that, the GC is not big or bulky.

But I think the Xbox is the better system, but the PS2 has better games.

Posted by holy_flare

My favorite would have to be the gamecube!

It's small, light and doesn't have basically any extra features that doesn't have to do with videogames (the PS2 and XBox have DVD players in them and other features that don't have to do with gaming). The gamecube doesn't need any extra equipment attached to it to make it unique and doesn't need to be really big and bulky. Basically, the size, wireless controllers, GBA connector thingy, and different colors are the only extra features really. It doesn't take a whole lot to make something awesome! That's why I like the Gamecube! Also, the games are awesome!

The system I would choose second would have to be the PS2, but I can't really say that it's my second "favorite". To tell the truth, I don't really like the system much at all, I just like the games. What sucks is the fact that it has a DVD player in it and it can also play music. I don't get why a GAME!!! system would need anything like that. I think that there is a game that has something to do with internet access or something (maybe a Final Fantasy game...), but it's to make gaming better, not add extra things that aren't needed and don't have to do with games.

The XBox will always be my least favorite out of them all! It's too big and bulky and most people that I know who have one say it's the best for the same reasons as the PS2 (all the not needed extra features). Someone said to me that one of the reasons that they thought it was the best was because it could stay on without being turned off for longer than the PS2 or Gamecube. SO WHAT!?!?!?! Who leaves a game on for like, longer than a week???????????????????????????? It seems like the makers of the XBox (I hate it so much I don't even know the company it's made by) really think that soooooooo many people are just going to buy a system without a memory card and leave it on until they beat the game.

I don't have an XBox, but I have played one before. I hate it. The ONLY reason that I would ever buy an XBox would be so I could play the game Fable. That's the only game that has ever appealed to me that's for the XBox. LITTERALLY!!!

Gamecube is my favorite and always will be!!!!!!

Posted by Hero'sCrest

not much to really say about it, I just like the Playstation 2 because of the good graphics that it had and the tons of game titles. It is a good platform to own and I am very pleased with it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Hero'sCrest]I just like the Playstation 2 because of the good graphics.

Please, God, no. Not in this day and age...

Posted by Forbidden Toast

Although to an extent I love them all, I have to go with PS2. Simply because I absolutly love platform games, RPGS, and other games of the like. Most of the games I love are simply on PS2. (IE Ratchet & Clank, Jak, Dark Cloud, Okage, etc)

It's just my preference on game type :/ I like them 1 players, so having 4 controllers for party purposes and having friends over isn't important to me.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Speedfreak: Please, God, no. Not in this day and age...

Looks like somebody never saw Xbox screens...

Posted by Arcadios

I like Gamecube because most of the games for it are fun for multiple players like Melee. My friends and I always play Melee even though it was on of the launch titles.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]I personally liked the Playstation 2, then again...I never actually played Xbox (with the exception of Doom3 and Halo at a friends house.) and they were good. I just liked the PS2 because it had alot of titles that Xbox didn't. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Xbox, but I never played it enough to really like it. Of course, I do like my 360.[/COLOR][/FONT]:D

Posted by Breakman

I'm definately gonna go with PS2 on this, the XBOX had some really good games and great online functionality / the awesome harddrive bit / i actuallyk love the xbox controllers, and Gamecube was AWESOME for the first couple years of its run, but sadly, both of them really paled compared to the PS2. XBOX, though it had superior graphics along with what else I mentioned, really ONLY had a few REALLY good games for it in the end. And Gamecube... for the last several years of its run, the amount of good games coming out for it has become more and more scarce; the extra peripherals for it were mostly pointless wastes of money (lol @ spending probably 100+ dollars on stuff so me and my friends could play FF crystal chronicles multiplayer and it not even being worth it); the online functionality was pathetic (PSO was good, but now we have Blue Burst for PC which is easier to set up and a better game in every way; PSO EP 3 wasn't good IMO ; you have to HACK to get games like Mario Kart online, which isn't fun; and then Ikaruga with its online scoreboards barely counts); and it couldn't play CDs or DVDs unless you imported a Q. So, big thumbs down overall; I was a Nintendo fanboy at the beginning of this console cycle, but now, I'm very open-- I was leaning towards Sony near the end, but now the Wii looks extremely promising and the PS3 is hitting some roadblocks, so I'm back to zero favoritism.

Anyway, PS2, though the weakest as far as raw power, was able to put out a plethora of solid games, that have steadily kept coming out from launch to today; playing CDs and DVDs, having probably the BEST overall controllers for ANY system bar none; having a steady stream of GOOD games, and overall MORE games available than the other guys; having a good deal of online functionality; USEFUL peripherals like an external harddrive (even if you didn't play FFXI, that's that much more save space); it's just a great system. And let's not forget that it's all but raped Nintendo's platforming/adventure game throne out from under its face this generation, eh? Mario's been all but absent from the 'Cube, only starring in one REAL Mario game, Sunshine, which is pretty much Mario 64, prettier, but not quite as good gameplay wise. Good game, but not Mario quality, really. We're getting Paper Mario Adventure or w/e the heck it's called later this year, which might help make up for that, though. But PS2 has had THREE TRILOGIES of fantastic platformers available only for it; Jak, which is really a GREAT series; Ratchet, which is INSANELY fun; and Sly, SLY COOPER ESPECIALLY, i'm a HUGE fan of this series, to round it all out. Tons of memorable characters have been introduced, tons of great games have been produced -- PS2 really reigns supreme this console generation.