Video Game History: The 7th Guest series

Posted by theshadowfan

Alright people I am not going to educainment you. If you don't know anything about the 7th Guest series I wrote an article, about the series that kicked off the CD-ROM market!

http://www.stuffwelike.com/features/david/gaminghistory-t7g.html

Know your gaming history!!!!

Posted by Corrupt

Wow, you have to be the only other person I've seen that's even heard of the game. I made a huge thread about this game here a long time ago, and nobody bothered to respond to it. It's a fantastic game, and I really wish I could get a copy that'd run on my computer. My god, the memories.

Nice job on the article too, by the way.

Posted by theshadowfan

Yay another fan! Do you have a copy of the game? There's a patch that you can download that will make it run on Windows 98-XP!!!

I'm trying to find a way that I can capture footage from the game. The making of video was much easier to capture because it was on tape, but capturing from a pc seems to be a pain.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting theshadowfan: Yay another fan! Do you have a copy of the game? There's a patch that you can download that will make it run on Windows 98-XP!!!

Oh, wow... if you could link me to that patch, I'll be ecstatic about being able to play the game again. Yes, I do have a copy of the game... I've tried running it before (with no luck, of course), but if this patch works... all I'll say is that I know what I'll be playing for the next few weeks, at least.

Posted by theshadowfan

http://uk.geocities.com/veluan2002/

That page has the patch.

I've just recently been able to get a ton of my old DOS games to work! The one that I was absolutely thrilled to play was Megarace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly the sound didn't work but the fact that I could at least play it was awesome. Other worthy titles include: 11th Hour, Clandestiny, X-Files, Bladerunner, Myst.

Oh and thanks for the compliment about the article. I'm thinking about writing more articles like this one.

You might want to register on [url]www.t7g3.com/bb[/url] as it is The 7th Guest III fangame forum. Every member there loves T7G! ;)

Posted by Nostrovia

bringing back an old thread here.. but I still have the dos cdrom of the 7th Guest and does anyone have the 11th Hour game? the sequal to 7th guest. There was a patch for it to run in d3d enviroment but cant find it anymore, should work in xp with the patch

Posted by theshadowfan

I have the 11th hour. The patch can be found here http://home.comcast.net/~t7g/11Hsetup.exe

Posted by Nostrovia

Thanks shadow, I've missed that game. Haven't seen any game like these in quite some time.

Posted by theshadowfan

Yeah I know I miss FMV puzzle games as well. Fans of The 7th Guest are making a third game though [url]www.t7g3.com[/url]. It probably won't ever be as good as the first two but things are still moving along with development.

Posted by Nostrovia

Me too man, dont see many FMV games anymore.. or even if t hey did it with excellent cgi it'd be cool. Especially with the horror genre. Last FMV game I played was probably Phantasmagoria & its sequel. both were way too easy, I was slightly disappointed since I like a good challenge, the 7th guest series did that perfectly

Posted by theshadowfan

I think people are afraid of using FMVs because they've always been cheesy. I believe that Command and Conquer 3 will return to FMV, which is awesome. That's one of the reasons why I didn't pick up CC Generals.