PSP gets two new Metal Gears

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Gamespot: Hideo Kojima may be busy at work on Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PlayStation 3, but he's also prepping other installments in the best-selling series. The latest issue of Famitsu revealed that Konami's famed game designer is working on not just one, but two new Metal Gear Solid projects for the PSP.

The first project is named "Metal Gear Solid BD," which Famitsu reports will be some form of "digital content" slated for a spring 2006 release in Japan. Kojima did not give any details about the project, but the article implied that it may be a form of entertainment other than a game.

The second MGS PSP project will be a "totally new Metal Gear Solid game." Kojima avoided disclosing the game's name, saying that it will give away what the game is about. However, he hinted that it plays relatively normal, excluding a new form of gameplay that "is only possible with the PSP."

While he personally thinks that the game will be interesting, Kojima added that the new concept is so "different," he needs to test alpha version to see if the game has a chance at retail. When asked about the game's release period, Kojima would say only that it shouldn't take extremely long to develop.

The second game appears to be the title Kojima previously mentioned on his official blog. In November, he said he was working on a new PSP project with a "completely new system" that is being produced by Metal Gear Acid 2 director Shinta Nojiri.

Interesting, I'd love to see a traditional MG game on the PSP, but who knows what Kojima has in mind.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I would too, I'm sick of the AC!D series. Old school style sounds great, I know it's possible.

Posted by SolidFlying=W=

That sounds cool, I haven't played the Ac!d game but Metal Gear Solid 1 and 3 are some of my favorite games ever so it would be interesting to see a game like the originals on the psp.

Posted by tomarn

I'm glad, i couldn't believe they made metal gear a card game before!

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm excited that someone has an idea that is original enough that they're worried about whether people will be able to like it. It may not sell well, but it should be interesting.

Posted by ZipCrash

Sounds cool, I have yet to pick up Ac!d.