Multiple moniter in XP help

Posted by I feel Yellow?

I have an extra CRT moniter nexto to my laptop and it runs fine, just as it should do but, when the cursor is no the first screen ( my laptop ) ther eis a ghost cursor on the second screen which will move in the same way the one on my laptop does. it cant select anything on the second screen tho and when i scroll off onto the second screen it vanishes. Is there any way to get rid of the ghost cursor?

Posted by Arczu

I have a bit of experience with this. My labtop has a big resolution of 1650x1050, and on the monitor, is shows up a strange 1020x980, but vertically skewed and tries to copy my labtop's display.

Do you see a checkbox called "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" in the settings? If you do you should try using that. You could fullscreen video on the monitor, but control other things on your labtop.

Posted by KoH

If you have nvidia you're far better off than ATI. nVidia's multi-monitor program kicks ATI's *ss.

Anyway, go download the latest driver for either one and run the wizard, if you follow the wizard you should be fine. Otherwise, yeah, do what Arczu said.

ps: multimonitors rock!