Welcome to the future...

Posted by Kopaka

Again, the Japanese have kicked our asses technology wise. Check out these pen-sized computers.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisements/pcpen.asp

Posted by NES Queen

a picture or a link would have made your post much more effective in trasmitting your message....

Posted by Trigger

There was a link to actual pictures of the "pen computer" in the link that Kopaka provided. I'll just link to it [URL="http://www.nec-design.co.jp/showcase/#pism"]here[/URL], for those who are too lazy to actually read the article and click a link within it. It looks pretty good, but I can't see it being very practical; how many times have you misplaced a pen or lost one entirely? Also, is it just me or do those pictures make it seem as though you would have to buy one of each pen that did a different function? They all look different to each other in the first picture, and in the demonstration image below that, there's clearly two pens doing one task each. Could you imagine that? "Just wait while I find the right pen, I have about five of these in my pocket, I always get confused when it comes to remembering which one receives e-mail."

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Trigger: It looks pretty good, but I can't see it being very practical; how many times have you misplaced a pen or lost one entirely?

Exactly what I was thinking. Sure, you'd remember well enough to hang onto it longer than an ordinary pen, but it'd still be that much easier to lose for something so expensive.

All-in-all, it does seem like a very neat design, though it sounds like it's mostly in its concept stages, which is probably why it's not common knowledge yet. We probably won't see anything like it on the market for quite a while.

Posted by junior senior

that would suck if it came out of your pocket.

"oh shi i lost my computer"

ps this thread reminds me of Bill & Ted.

Posted by Porcupine

Looks pretty physically impossible to me!

Posted by Fate

I don't like tiny things. I can barely stand handheld gaming systems. I also wonder the battery life of those things.

I'd probably get one if all of the bugs are worked out. I think it'd be pretty neat, if just for novelty. I probably wouldn't carry it anywhere, though. I'm really bad at keeping tabs on my stuff.
:|

Posted by The Judge

This minimalist trend is annoying. Everything's getting smaller, while bagels, muffins, people and tits just keep getting bigger and bigger. What is the world coming to? A bunch of fat Americans using electronic devices and complaining because their fat fingers are too big and end up mashing buttons.

Posted by mis0

I like simplicity, but not like this. I'll probably always stick to a laptop. Minimalism is fine, it just depends where and why it's being implimented.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=The Judge]This minimalist trend is annoying. Everything's getting smaller, while bagels, muffins, people and tits just keep getting bigger and bigger. What is the world coming to? A bunch of fat Americans using electronic devices and complaining because their fat fingers are too big and end up mashing buttons.
Maybe everything else just looks smaller because everyone else is getting bigger!