Favorite piece of SSBM music

Posted by Corrupt

Yes, this thread is self-explanatory... when I'm not blasting my own music while playing SSBM, I sometimes like to listen to a few of the nifty little tunes that the game itself has to offer. Although I admit that I don't enjoy too many of them, there are several standouts. Those are the Kongo Jungle 64 theme (nostalgia galore), the Mach Rider theme (it just kicks a[b][/b]ss for some odd reason), the music played in the Brinstar Depths level (vaguely haunting and melodic, just the way I like it), and Saria's theme (I don't know why, it's just catchy). But come to think of it, there are a few more tunes that I enjoy... but really, I'd rather be listening to Underworld or Aquagen when I'm playing the game... :P Nevertheless, the music in the game offers some catchy tunes with pretty good nostalgia value... not bad. Not bad at all.

So, what are some of your favorites?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Corrupt: Saria's theme (I don't know why, it's just catchy).
So, what are some of your favorites?

Lol, I remember that funny clip I saw at New Grounds where Link would sing Saria's Theme.

Anyway, I much like that one as well Fourside(it just sounds cool to me), Dr. Mario(Another catchy beat I like for no aparent reason), Fire Emblem, Dream Land 64, Corneria and Metal Bros music. These are some of my favorites and in some cases, I much enjoy puting them as my background music when I look at my trophies.

Posted by VicE

Onett. It's just so pretty... *sniff* :)

I also really like Fourside (groovay), Mach Rider (just really catchy), Brinstar Depths (creepy but awesome) and Fire Emblem (I love playing on Hyrule Temple with Link vs. Marth/Roy and with this music on. Somehow, the music makes the fight seem much more dramatic).

Almost all the music in the game is great, though.

Posted by Map42892

Corneria i believe had the most work put into it.

Posted by RandomizeR

I like the Yoshi's Island music and the FD music

Posted by Mystic Hero

You know, you could also make this thread a place where we could tell which music gets us in a fighting mood.

Now I don't know about you, but sometimes my fighting is affected by the type of music in the background, such that a slow kind of music makes my fighting a bit sloppy or dragged out more than usual just to get a KO(Yoshi's Island and Jungle Japes in particluar). Fast music or musci with a catchy tune is one that makes me feel like I can beat the living daylights out of anyone and I'll usually finish a 3 stock match in less than a minute(Mute City and Dream Land 64 are some of these).

Posted by Burrito

I really like the Game and Watch music. It's pretty creative using all the beeps and boops that the Game and Watch made. I also pretty much like every other piece of music in the game. Except for like the music that plays when you're looking through the menus and stuff, but that doesn't count, does it?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Dires game & watch omfg nightmares

There isn't many songs I like in the game. I usually pop in a cd of mine, but lately, I don't play to metal anymore. I only concentrate and move in smash when I listen to some techno or Anime OST's. They calm me down and make my fingers move rapidly. I guess the other songs that really get me in the mood are the Kirby Fountain of dreams and Poke stadium. Nothing else really.

Posted by coromoro

My personal favorites are Saria's Song, Fire Emblem, and the Mother 1 song (alternate Onett music). :cool:

Posted by Zeta

Some of my faves:

Brinstar
Brinstar Depths (Neat remix of Kraid's Lair from the original Metroid, though ZM's remix is better.)
Fountain of Dreams
Temple

...That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Posted by Xero

I like the tune in SSB melee: Zelda's castle. I think its intense music and it motivates me to kick a**

Posted by Cyphus

i think almost everyone can agree Hyrule Temple kicks ***...
SADLY, however..the stage sucks dick.
I SO wish u could choose your music separetely...so i could actually listen to some of the best tracks on some of the best stages.

I love MK2, balloon fight as old skool goes. Corneria and FoD have awesome soundtracks...that i find are just better to listen to them outside the fight where u can appreciate them more. iunno..i can't say i really that many song. I kinna enjoy, appreicate, or at least respect every song in this game. I thought they did an unbelievable job w/ it.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

LOL, dick isn't censored o_O. Also, at a tournament, you actuall see me with a cd player. If you bother to ask what am I listening to, you would see me relaxing for my next matchup with some anime **** inside of it. It's real good to relax to. But the zelda alternate and non alternate are kick ***. Too bad the stage DOES suck dick.

Posted by Ant

Wow, now that I think about it I like pretty much every song in that game.

But my favorites would have to be: The Fire Emblem Theme, Fountain of Dreams, and Brinstar Depths.

Fire emblem for the fast paced-ness. Really good mood seter for the match.

Fountain of Dreams for the classic-ness.

Brinstar depths because of the creppy yet smooth style of it. You know?

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Fire Emblem, Battle Theme, and Venom.

Posted by Inferno

Mach Rider is definitely my favorite song in the game. Second would probably have to be Fire Emblem. Mach Rider just gets me in the mood to own.

Posted by Dragon X

Saria's song
Fire Emblem
Fountain of dreams
Dk's level (the one with the cabin)
Brinstar
Brinstar depths
Multiman melee 1&2
both onett songs
SMB3 (yoshi's island alternate)

Posted by Shrran

Fire Emblem and Dr. Mario, because they're good fast paced songs, and Saria's Song. The other songs I don't dislike, but I don't notice them as much.

Posted by dark_zero

I'd say sara's song but some how it doesn't fit theme of a free for all so cap. falcons theme

Posted by Project ShadowX

Venom
Fountain of Dreams
Brinstar
Great Bay
Fire Emblem
Mute City

Posted by DarkBlade

Has any1 heard the orchestrated version of smash. Its very nice and calming. The fire emblem theme is much better to my account. Also like the doc mario theme they got in it^^
Had the offical cd but cant find it now..
-_- ...

Posted by RunNer

i still have that cd on my xbox rob.... yea the fire emblem theme is the best one... especially the orchastrated. i also like mute city of course.

Posted by Lord Eliwood

Quoting RunNer: i still have that cd on my xbox rob.... yea the fire emblem theme is the best one... especially the orchastrated. i also like mute city of course.

Well heh heh oh yeah I am a newbie and I was wondering if you know about Dot hack the game. Please have mercy on my frist post. SSBM It alsp goes with the Hyrule Temple level. That game is cool ^_~

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, Eliwood... since you're new, I'll let your first post slide. But just so you know, you don't really want to talk about .hack the game in the Smash Bros. board, okay? That'd be better suited in the Playstation board. Oh, and while you're at it, I suggest that you make an introduction thread [url=http://vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12]here.[/url]

Posted by Crono

The Hyrule Temple one, and the Fire Emblem one...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Mystic Hero: You know, you could also make this thread a place where we could tell which music gets us in a fighting mood.

Now I don't know about you, but sometimes my fighting is affected by the type of music in the background, such that a slow kind of music makes my fighting a bit sloppy or dragged out more than usual just to get a KO(Yoshi's Island and Jungle Japes in particluar). Fast music or musci with a catchy tune is one that makes me feel like I can beat the living daylights out of anyone and I'll usually finish a 3 stock match in less than a minute(Mute City and Dream Land 64 are some of these).

Excellent point. (:

The Fire Emblem theme, Final Destination's alternative music, and Mach Rider all really seem to have a psychological effect on me. I usually fight more intensely when I hear those songs.

As for my favourite- Fountain of Dreams. Why? It's just really well done, atmospheric, and suits the stage.

Posted by Iris

Onett (Alternative one too), Saria's Theme, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, and Green Greens. I like most of them, actually. I just prefer these the most.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I like the orchestrated one too, I heard it on this radio station that plays videogame music on some days. I also like fire emblem, Doctor mario, Fountain of dreams, Saria's theme, Pokemon Stadium, And The Final Destination theme's.

Fire emblem and Final Destination both get me to beat the crap out of someone, or if they say alot of crap before the match ;)

Posted by Fox McCloud

Mute City is my only favorite.

Posted by LordNeon7

Mach Rider or Fire Emblem or Temple

Posted by solarphoenix990

my favorite piece of super smash bros melee music is saria's theme.

Posted by Ch

I'd say Saria's theme or The Main Zelda theme.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

[QUOTE=Ch

Posted by Tendo

Fire Emblem is cool cuz well i'm not sure I just like it,Zelda's castle is pretty Dr. Mario makes me laugh and want to dance, but my top song would be Fountain of Dreams its' so pretty

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Posting in a year-old bumped thread.

The menu music re-arranged for Brawl. **** yeah.

Posted by Pit

The Opening Music
Menu Screen Alternate Music
Fire Emblem
Big Blue
Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
Jungle Japes (the one with the running water)
Pokemon Stadium and Poke Floats

game all around has a solid soundtrack

Posted by metroidhunter9292

I like Fountain of Dreams, and also Termina Bay.

Posted by metroidhunter9292

Termina Bay is my favorite.