The State of the Community Board

Posted by netman

So I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the campfire thread is gone. Not here anymore. Erased. Deleted. GONE.

And yeah, it is. I got rid of it! For the last few months it has been a source of great debate and contention. There are a few main reasons for this.

#1. Xenos originally changed the thread's format from one of discussing other people to a petty discussion. This left it open as, well pretty much a replacement for the spam board.

#2. Any thread that Fate deemed not worthy of her standards she merged with that thread, creating confusion and an even spammier thread with all kinds of random garbage in it. The thread was pretty much a dumping ground.

#3. The past few days the moderators of this board haven't been able to agree with anything at all, and have been overruling each others decisions like stubborn little children. It was closed, unstuck, opened, closed, renamed, new one created, new one merged, etc. Honestly, people.

So I took it apon myself, after discussing it with two other supermods (for all you poll loving people) and we decided to get rid of the campfire thread once and for all. So as a note to the moderators: Get it together. Especially Fate, I've heard numerous complaints against your moderating, you would be best to listen to them. Either Keep the thread or delete the thread, don't just dump it somewhere because you don't know if your decision is right.

So yeah. :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Whats that?

Bickering? Among women?

UNHEARD OF.

On topic, any plans to bring back the older format version of the thread?

Posted by sabre

Just to add a couple of points...

I'm not trying to criticise anyone here, but I will say that if you're uncertain as to whether it should be nuked or left, half-measures such as merging probably aren't particularly wise.

Also, this isn't a spam board and conversation in here shouldn't really be any lighter than in Off Topic, Music, Polls, etc. I'm not saying that this should be like war board serious, but there is such thing as a happy medium. It's not just a case of either rod-up-the-bum tight fisted posting or minds dripping out of your heads. Self control wouldn't go amiss.

And if I see that orly owl one more time I'm shooting someone. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I suppose it was for the best. It'd be all right to bring the thread back, only if it were to stay on its original topic.

I also hear complaints concerning Fate's moderating. I personally don't think she should be modding anything at all, but I doubt that will change.

Posted by mis0

Khaos 4 mod!

Seriously, it's about time. It's irritating that it turned into what it was, and particularly, that it was used as a landfill for threads. Again, I'd argue that since half the threads made here ended up in that thing, it's impacted the amount of users we see here daily. Let's not let it happen again.

Kudos, netman. Kudos.

Posted by Ant

Netman ftw. He's a real netbuddy.

So umm, as long as that's all sorted out. Let the regular mundane posting being once again!

P.S. Sabre, where have you been seeing these owls? I haven't seen a single owl anywhere in a long time(in both real life and internet!).

Posted by sabre

Quoting Ant: P.S. Sabre, where have you been seeing these owls? I haven't seen a single owl anywhere in a long time.

At other message boards mostly, but I just wanted to throw it out there as a for the record.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If I were on my on computer, I could post an anti-owl owl picture.:(

Posted by Linko_16

I don't see what crime it is to have just one thread devoted to talking about whatever. I mean, maybe a whole forum, like the Spam Board, was a little too much, but one thread isn't so bad. Leaving it as a dumping ground, though, made things kind of confusing, though I don't really blame Fate for that. I understand how that was an attempt to keep just one topic devoted to random conversation, rather than allowing several threads that had deteriorated into that same state to freckle the forum.

However, this would not be a problem in the first place if people remembered that the Community Board wasn't the new Spam Board and that it is as serious and specific as any other forum... as Sabredog said, not war board serious, but definately more serious than it has been treated. It's for talking about the Community specifically, meaning intro threads for newbies and threads on the state of the board such as this one.

Posted by Kodachi

If new people come in and see one spam thread, they could think it's ok to spam there, and make more threads. I really don't think it's worth having a spam thread on a main board. At best, we could have a link to a blog that nobody cares about. [spoiler]all of them[/spoiler]

Posted by mis0

Or maybe we could just delete spam? Y'know, it's just a thought.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Kodachi: we could have a link to a blog that nobody cares about. [spoiler]all of them[/spoiler]

bad news, some people actually do care about the blogs! :o

Posted by The Judge

To Netman, Solution: Have only two moderators, one of each gender, modding this board, and don't have the female be Fate (nothing personal).

To Kodachi: I'll have you know if Darkness Advanced were to be whiped off this board (I don't mean erased, I mean deleted) I'd leave VGC for good. Believe it or not, that blog happens to be one of the reason some members actually stay here.

Misoxeny: Do what a mod should and delete spam? Preposterous.

Linko: You know how to have a good time. You should still be super mod.

Sabre: Nothing wrong with a little owl here and there.

Everyone: Lighten the hell up.

The Judge has spoken.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yo, Judge, NOW do you believe me that it was fate that deleted ur kool thread!!! :D Next time think twice before u blame da innicent Wacko admin!!

er...next time let me know when there's a thread war going on, so I can watch it!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Trigger

[quote=The Judge]Believe it or not, that blog happens to be one of the reason some members actually stay here.
Believe it or not, those members have an account of their own which they can speak with, The Judge. If we're going to talk about what "other people" want, perhaps it is wiser to hear such things from the actual person themselves, as opposed to people such as yourself saying things on their behalf. Speak for yourself, not everyone else - just because it may or may not be the reason you stay here at VGC doesn't mean it applies to every other Darkness Advanced visitor.

[quote=Angelwing]I personally don't think she should be modding anything at all...
I concur.

Posted by Fate

You would.

All right, so now that means I can either delete your crap or leave it. I better not get any complaints this time.
:cool:

Posted by Ant

[QUOTE=Trigger]Believe it or not, those members have an account of their own which they can speak with, The Judge. If we're going to talk about what "other people" want, perhaps it is wiser to hear such things from the actual person themselves, as opposed to people such as yourself saying things on their behalf. Speak for yourself, not everyone else - just because it may or may not be the reason you stay here at VGC doesn't mean it applies to every other Darkness Advanced visitor.

k hi i am one of those lol

Posted by Kodachi

Woah, don't get so upset! I might have to insult blogs more often. :)

Posted by Fate

You know, Judge, if I lightened up, I'm afraid you and Vampiro would stray every thread you ever post in. First you guys ***** about your post count, so I unnecessarily weaken by letting you keep your posts by condensing all your bull. Now you want to ***** about how I'm not doing my job correctly? Whatever. Next time you guys want to complain about something, I'll just tell you to stick a very sharp knife in your ***.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The Judge: Misoxeny: Do what a mod should and delete spam? Preposterous.

Isn't it? I have sinned by even suggesting such an evil deed!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: At best, we could have a link to a blog that nobody cares about.

y helo thar

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Misoxeny: Isn't it? I have sinned by even suggesting such an evil deed!

Yeah, how dare us try to stop it from happening in the first place!

Posted by The Judge

You people are like overprotective mothers. [spoiler]African Americans, I mean.[/spoiler]

Posted by Shade

So what if the campfire thread turned out to be a bunch of SPAM? It was only one thread, and it was fun. God forbid it exist any longer!

And btw, what does it matter if a "spam" thread becomes a dumping ground? Just adds to the mix.

Posted by mis0

The thing about spam is, it's

STUPID, POINTLESS, AND ANNOYING.

Which is why I propose we *gasp* delete it.

Posted by The Judge

It got deleted and came back, proving it can't die. :cool:

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Misoxeny: The thing about spam is, it's

STUPID, POINTLESS, AND ANNOYING.

Which is why I propose we *gasp* delete it.

Yeah, that wouldn't invoke a tidal wave of *****ing.

Posted by G-Sides

glad I got demodded 8-)

Posted by sabre

aren't we just. ;D

Posted by 007 ninja

Netman, I love your spamusement signature.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Kodachi: If new people come in and see one spam thread, they could think it's ok to spam there, and make more threads. I really don't think it's worth having a spam thread on a main board. At best, we could have a link to a blog that nobody cares about. [spoiler]all of them[/spoiler]

VG Chat has enough upright members to respect that one thread in a forum can be for goofing off while the rest of it remains serious, but we had not previously given any such direction.

You can't call fairly call the thread spam, because though it's pointless and even stupid sometimes, it's quite obviously not annoying to everyone. Sometimes just talking about whatever is fun; the ZeldaPower Ocarina of Time Community devotes the entire forum to such conversation, and it's often a delightful relief to go there after checking VGC. Whatever your attitude, however, it's perfectly easy to ignore if it's silliness does not appeal to you.

I reccomend a warning now by way of official announcement since it has become a problem, and deletion of the campfire thread if people can't keep the pointlessness in the thread. I'm not opposed to stray chatting and I'm happy to give participating members what they enjoy, but I agree that VGC's standard of on-topic conversation should not be compromised in the process. If the campfire thread is lost due to misbehavior, I understand members can always flock to Darkness Advanced for a healthy replacement.

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=10218]Example of a thread[/url] that lacks direction in the Community Board. As has been said, this forum is not meant for goofing off, and such threads would be discouraged with an announcement warning against pointlessness outside the Campfire thread.

Posted by Iris

Maybe we should move crap threads like that to DA, where they're appreciated.

Posted by Ant

nice one

Posted by s0ul

[quote]Believe it or not, those members have an account of their own which they can speak with, The Judge. If we're going to talk about what "other people" want, perhaps it is wiser to hear such things from the actual person themselves, as opposed to people such as yourself saying things on their behalf. Speak for yourself, not everyone else - just because it may or may not be the reason you stay here at VGC doesn't mean it applies to every other Darkness Advanced visitor.

Easy, killer, don't want to have a stroke there. ;)

Posted by Fate

Quoting The Judge: You people are like overprotective mothers. [spoiler]African Americans, I mean.[/spoiler]

I believe in corporal punishment.

Posted by The Judge

As do I. Your point?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Kodachi: Yeah, that wouldn't invoke a tidal wave of *****ing.

We need a mod who won't succumb to *****ing, then. And maybe a wooden stake to kill the campfire thread, while we're at it.

Posted by The Judge

I agree. We need more stalwart mods who don't listen to incessant whining, and can filter that out from genuine suggestions.

Also, Misoxeny's av turns me on.

Posted by G-Sides

Yeah, and my GUTS thread got deleted. :'(

Posted by The Judge

As it rightfully should have been.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The Judge: I agree. We need more stalwart mods who don't listen to incessant whining, and can filter that out from genuine suggestions.

I'm your (wo)man.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting The Judge: I agree. We need more stalwart mods who don't listen to incessant whining, and can filter that out from genuine suggestions.

Also, Misoxeny's av turns me on.

Yeah, easier said than done.

Posted by Fate

"Incessant whining," says Judge. The irony is burning.

Kod is right. You guys ***** a lot.

Posted by The Judge

Fate's hilarious. You know, considering my reason for griping for deleting my thread was 100% valid and I generally accept the way things roll. Nazi.

As for Kodachi, it's pretty easy. I did it just fine. My downfall was my humor.

And finally, as for Misoxeny, I'm still under the impression you're a female.

Posted by mis0

In that case, I am the commie hottie in my avy.

Posted by Fate

Okay, Judge, I did not read your thread, but I did partially read the replies to it. I saw Sabredog say something along the lines of "you keep posting this... AIM... annoying links..." and I immediately thought it was crap. My bad for not reading the thread. Slit your wrists about it. It's my fault and I freely admit that, but shut up about it already.

Posted by The Judge

Well I can't honestly think of anything else I have whined and moaned about recently, so I brought that up as the only plausable point you could be arguing about. Now that we've got that cleared up, what the f[COLOR="White"]u[/COLOR]ck are you talking about?

Posted by Shade

How about you both shut up? What a concept!

Seriously, stop bickering. No matter what obscure thing somebody manages to bring up in argument, neither party will ever back down. So it'd be best to just let it go. Now.

Posted by Linko_16

k, I was demodded for this.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Fate: Kod is right.

Wow. :)

Quoting The Judge: As for Kodachi, it's pretty easy. I did it just fine. My downfall was my humor.

Actually, your downfall was being voted off. When enough people *****, that's what happens. Ignoring them just makes them gather. While I hate when people do it, they are the ones that we have to satisfy.

Quoted post: k, I was demodded for this.

Exactly(Even though you weren't formally demodded, right?). Ignoring the whining and acting on what you think is right doesn't always work. You may in fact be right, but when the majority doesn't think so, they often must be followed or mods lose their positions.

Telling us that we're awful moderators because you and a few of your friends aren't happy is just the type of *****ing that we're talking about.

It's impossible to please everyone, and thinking that you can do it if you were made a moderator is the exact reason why you aren't a moderator.

Posted by Fate

It's good to have balance. I mean, we have a complete psycho, a whore, a gender-confused he/she, some strange British guy and a vain egomaniacal camwhore as mods of this board. We do great jobs. :-*

Here's what's been going down lately.
"do your job fate"
"lol okay"
"wtf fate my post count is down"
"sry :("
"i thought you were my friend you shouldnt delete my stuff"
"I said sry"
"we cool lol :cool:"
-----
"its hard to follow my threads now fate"
"sry but your posts are crap so lets condense it lol"
"we will now ***** about this :mad:"
"but why ill remedy this :("
"lol jk we want mods who won't listen to our *****ing"
"but"
"fate u suck and the other mods suck too cept that im :cool: with rofl"

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Kodachi: Exactly(Even though you weren't formally demodded, right?). Ignoring the whining and acting on what you think is right doesn't always work. You may in fact be right, but when the majority doesn't think so, they often must be followed or mods lose their positions.

Telling us that we're awful moderators because you and a few of your friends aren't happy is just the type of *****ing that we're talking about.

It's impossible to please everyone, and thinking that you can do it if you were made a moderator is the exact reason why you aren't a moderator.

No, my demoderation was self imposed. As long as everyone else is putting their experience in a nutshell, let me give you mine:

Linko: Hey, n00bs, you can't have stuff like that in your sig and avy.

n00bs: k, sry.
Everyone else: Good job, Linko, you're a great mod.
Linko: Lawlz, thx. Hey, Drax, you can't have that sort of thing in your avy.
Drax: stfu, i'm way too cool for that.
Linko: k, no.
Drax: hay guys, I'm being oppressed.
Everyone else: Linko, wtf? You're being totally oppressive. Not like you've changed your modding rules since the last time we said you rocked, but now one of our homies is complaining so we must rally against you.
Linko: k, wtf. I'm modding in the boundaries of the rules.
Mods: d00d, you have to know which of us are too cool for rules. You can still be a mod if you adhere to our hierarchy.
Linko: k, no. g2g.

So, basically, you guys need to work with mods instead of working against them, 'cause it's not like they're trying to work against you. We're trying to keep it so everyone's having a good time; that's why we have mods in the first place. Just because you don't have power doesn't mean you can't help out and cooperate.

Posted by Fate

That's where we make decisions. There's "okay-bad" and "super-bad." Scarily vision-inducing text, I think, is too much. Impsex is nothing to me. But if you are a moderator and you think it's bad, off it.

But seriously, I really don't get the hyprocrisy that is going on with my moderation. I condense crap so people can keep their post count, against my better judgement of just deleting stuff. Then people say I'm doing a bad job. Okay, fine; I'll take this criticism and put it beneath me. Then you guys say that you need moderators that filter out bull from genuine suggestions? What if I see all your suggestions as bull?

Whatever. **** your post count.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Fate][color=skyblue]That's where we make decisions. There's "okay-bad" and "super-bad." Scarily vision-inducing text, I think, is too much. Impsex is nothing to me. But if you are a moderator and you think it's bad, off it.

But seriously, I really don't get the hyprocrisy that is going on with my moderation. I condense crap so people can keep their post count, against my better judgement of just deleting stuff. Then people say I'm doing a bad job. Okay, fine:

Do what you think it's best. In my opinion you're doing a great job at moderating. Don't listen to all the player haters. :)

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Fate: Whatever. **** your post count.

That's something I'm glad to hear. I personally don't think anyone's doing a bad job; if there are any controversial decisions a mod has to make, it's the fault of the members for having created that situation in the first place.

You're the mods; you're voted in to be using your own judgement when deleting posts, etc. If others don't like it, they should at least be grateful that there are mods. They certainly wouldn't do any better.

Here's a suggestion: delete *****ing and force people to actually make constructive suggestions.

Posted by netman

test

Posted by netman

Quoting Richaod: That's something I'm glad to hear. I personally don't think anyone's doing a bad job; if there are any controversial decisions a mod has to make, it's the fault of the members for having created that situation in the first place.

You're the mods; you're voted in to be using your own judgement when deleting posts, etc. If others don't like it, they should at least be grateful that there are mods. They certainly wouldn't do any better.

Here's a suggestion: delete *****ing and force people to actually make constructive suggestions.

I didnt vote for any of the current mods of this forum!

And they should at least be grateful there ARE mods? Yeah because 5 mods on one forum that never agree with each other is great, Richaod!

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting netman: I didnt vote for any of the current mods of this forum!

And they should at least be grateful there ARE mods? Yeah because 5 mods on one forum that never agree with each other is great, Richaod!

I go to at least two forums regularly that doesn't even have mods. It's a lot worse than what's here; spams, virus links, hacks, phising scams, dramabombs, everyone being able to lock any thread and even more. It's not that great. Though I still go there, just 'cause I can mess with people and I find that really funny. But then, no real discussion ever takes place.

Be grateful that there are mods that actually listen to the users and that try they best to be fair with everyone. Keep in mind that mods are human too; they can make mistakes. I think every mod here does at least a fair job at modding.

Posted by netman

I'm not saying it would be better without mods. Keep in mind I AM A MOD. I'm just saying.. the current setup isnt working.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now now kids, no fighting!! Pappa Wacko doesn't like it when kids fight!!! Hug, make up, and be da best of brothers and sisters, again!!! :D:D:D:D

Quoting Linko_16: No, my demoderation was self imposed.

Dude!! Want to be a Super Mod again!!!! :D pze say yes!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Fate

You guys were fine before me, right? ;)

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting netman: Keep in mind I AM A MOD. I'm just saying.. the current setup isnt working.

LOL sorry, I wasn't looking who said the post, really.

God what a bad poster I am nowdays...I should take a time off again or something.

Posted by netman

It's ok, i still love you wicked sushi :( I saw a post by you at the SA forums and I was like omg i know him :cool:

Posted by Linko_16

I would definitely not say Fate was being a bad moderator for her actions. She was trying to give the member base what they were asking for by preserving peoples' post counts and still keeping the board clean. Now she knows better, as we all probably do, than to allow people to complain about anything as trivial as post counts; I'm surprised to hear that members would whine about that in the first place.

Though it's not a direct solution to the Campfire Thread issue, I agree with Netman: it probably wouldn't hurt to thin out the mod staff on this board, not because any of them are doing a bad job, but because you can't have them bumping elbows all the time. It shouldn't have become so crowded in the first place.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting netman: And they should at least be grateful there ARE mods? Yeah because 5 mods on one forum that never agree with each other is great, Richaod!

Well, it's not pure chaos.

And they (*****es) still wouldn't do a better job or be any more agreeable.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Richaod]If others don't like it, they should at least be grateful that there are mods. They certainly wouldn't do any better.
You know that every member on this forum wouldn't do any better, despite the fact that nearly all of them here haven't been able to display their moderation skills to you at all?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Trigger: You know that every member on this forum wouldn't do any better, despite the fact that nearly all of them here haven't been able to display their moderation skills to you at all?

In context, I meant the ones who ***** a lot without giving any suggestions. If they don't give any useful advice, it's highly unlikely that they're going to take it.

Not to mention that complaining and whining shows that they're even less likely to get along with other mods.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Richaod]That's something I'm glad to hear. I personally don't think anyone's doing a bad job:
When was the last time they looked at it like that, though? It's getting more normal to blame someone else.
[QUOTE]I didnt vote for any of the current mods of this forum!

Liar. :(
You didn't vote for my first nomination, but after a few years when it came up that I should be expanded to the other OT boards, I thought you did. >:O

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Kodachi: When was the last time they looked at it like that, though? It's getting more normal to blame someone else.

Which is unfortunate. We should complain about how often they complain and see how they like it. :)

Posted by Iris

[quote=netman]Yeah because 5 mods on one forum that never agree with each other is great, Richaod!
Actually, I think the Campfire thread is the only one where our moderators overruled each other's decisions. I personally like the CB staff.;)

Posted by Pit

I think the real issue here is that Sean Fury beats girls. Like, his current girlfriend.

Posted by Ant

I...don't think anyone cares about sean fury.

Posted by mis0

He hasn't even been around for a few months, right? He may as well be dead.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Ant: I...don't think anyone cares about sean fury.

We don't care about him, yes, but what about all those girls he's beaten? let's say this girl was your sister, would you care?

I sure would.

[quote=Me So Sexy]He hasn't even been around for a few months, right? He may as well be dead.

Yeah, he's been on. Under a different name. Non-Existen One I think... or Neo something.

Posted by mis0

Thanks. I never got to finish harassing him...

*fumbles for telephone*

Yeah, thanks much, Pit.

Posted by Xenos

Hey Russia, want to pair up with old China and get a go at AIM and go on a harassing spree? Relive the old Communist times!

Posted by Ant

Quoting Pit: We don't care about him, yes, but what about all those girls he's beaten? let's say this girl was your sister, would you care?

I sure would..

Good thing I live about 3000 miles away and I don't have any sisters :cool:

Posted by The Judge

He'll still beat your sister.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Ant: Good thing I live about 3000 miles away and I don't have any sisters :cool:

He'll make love to you and impregnate you. Then 2 days later you'll give birth to a girl who's 14 years old for some reason.

Sean Fury will then beat her.

Posted by chec

sean fury beat my niece, and she isn't even born yet

Posted by The Judge

[COLOR="White"]D[/COLOR]amn, it's like Sean Fury's some supernatural demon who gears all his powers towards beating women in all states and forms.

Posted by Shade

Think of all the poor girls he's beaten that he met over Maple Story. One of them may have been your sister.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Xenos: Hey Russia, want to pair up with old China and get a go at AIM and go on a harassing spree? Relive the old Communist times!

I don't AIM anymore. In fact, I don't even know if my KtS account is even valid anymore.

Posted by The Judge

They never go unvalid. Believe me, I've been waiting for a long time to IM The Judge and tell him to give it to me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

People need to relax. The only time this thread caught my interest was once it devolved into talking about fury beating up chicks.

Posted by The Judge

The overall tone of VGC at the current point of time is if you're not serious, you're a horrible person/poster. It'll blow over and our kind will rise to power once again.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Did you just put us in the same group?

wtf?

Posted by The Judge

We're both non-serious and annoying.

You're just a bit more of every bad trait and habit I am/have, and that's why we hate eachother so much. Me and my clone (or you) would probably kill eachother in real life.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Either that or jsut have lots of fun being retarded. Either way.

Posted by The Judge

Yeah. For now, let's just keep acting the way we've been doing from day 1 and let people think we're suddenly getting worse as the stick slides farther up their [COLOR="White"]a[/COLOR]sses.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I originally joined with the intent to spam and then leave, hence the name.:cool:

Posted by The Judge

Looks like someone got sucked into the matrix. (One of these times I'm gonna make a ridiculously long post about crap in hope no one reads it but it doesn't look like spam).

Posted by mis0

Quoting The Judge: The overall tone of VGC at the current point of time is if you're not serious, you're a horrible person/poster.

Being stupid and annoying is a good thing, then? Since when?

Posted by The Judge

There's a difference between being stupid and annoying and just being generally unserious. Example, if I don't take a topic dead serious, it doesn't mean I have less mental capacity, it means I simply chose to take the subject in an either humorous or at least non-serious manner. As for annoying, that's a matter of opinion. Some people find anything annoying, whereas some people aren't annoyed by anything. You can't ever win everybody.

Posted by mis0

Yeah, but excessive "humour" just isn't funny, and it gets old.

Posted by The Judge

Are you implying something? 'Cause I never said I was funny. :cool:

Posted by Skitzo Control

No, but he's implying that you try way too hard to be funny.

Posted by Kodachi

You can't even keep a thread that says you derail threads on topic. Amazing.

Posted by s0ul

Does it really matter? Who exactly are we trying to impress or satisfy? It's a pretty **** laid-back forum filled with a bunch of people who know each other and don't care if we're all being professional, does it matter in the least if a thread has changed from its original discussion?

Is someone going to think less of you for being on-topic when others are not? Changing topics is kind of... you know, how discussion better develops, especially in a thread that's original topic has had everything said about it that could possibly be said.

Posted by Ant

Quoting s0ul: Is someone going to think less of you for being on-topic when others are not?

I know I would!

And no, Judge is not trying to be funny. It's just how he naturally comes off. Same for me. So that's why I'm kinda speaking for him. Although I'm sure he will have his say as well. I'm just saying. :amy:

Posted by The Judge

I will have my say!

And I will saaaaay...

No, I'm not trying to be funny. I learned a long time ago that when I try to be funny, I never am. So I just started acting normal. I'm sure in person all you tight-[COLOR="White"]a[/COLOR]sses would end up laughing. Humor is one of the greatest parts of life. Anyone who thinks there's too much of it is a fool.

And Kodachi, I didn't know this thread was aimed specifically at me! I feel honored.

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting The Judge: No, I'm not trying to be funny. I learned a long time ago that when I try to be funny, I never am.

That's one of the few times Judge has actually made me lol, which in itself is great.

Posted by The Judge

This is why Christmas sucks this year! Cause the entire tree is up VGC's [COLOR="White"]a[/COLOR]ss!

...See? Not funny.

Posted by Axis

BOLROLFLMAOBBQSAUCE

Yeah, you're right.

Posted by The Judge

Granted, I wasn't trying hard. It seems the amount I try doesn't really affect how unfunny it is. The basic point is if I do try, it's not funny. There's a method to comedy, you know. :p:

But I am a horrible member, I agree. I've brought this entire site down with my constant attempts at being funny. God I just wish you people would just like me.

Posted by Axis

I don't see why so many people dislike you. I dislike a bunch of people here and everytime I see their post I just skip over it and don't bother reading it.

Posted by The Judge

The site seems to go through phases of following me like I'm a cult leader to wanting to crucify me. I guess the women all go on periods at once here.

Note to women: Holy Hell, I'm only joking.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The Judge: I'm sure in person all you tight-[COLOR="White"]a[/COLOR]sses would end up laughing. Humor is one of the greatest parts of life. Anyone who thinks there's too much of it is a fool.

Then paint me fool. Too much "funny" is irritating. For everything there is a season, and occassionally it's not the season of comedy.

Posted by The Judge

Yeah who am I kidding, it was just plain mean of me to crack jokes at a funeral.

Posted by Fate

If you say you're unfunny, then I wonder why you keep trying to be. It's like your efforts are in vain or something. :/

Posted by The Judge

Are you blind or just retarded? I said I'm not trying to be funny. The only people's opinions I really, genuinely care about are my actual friends (and the few people on this site I'm good friends with), who do find me funny, because most people who don't find me funny usually aren't my friends. As for the rest of you, I couldn't care less how you felt about me. So if you want to continue ignoring my posts and think I'm trying to be funny, go for it.

Posted by Pit

Quoting The Judge: The overall tone of VGC at the current point of time is if you're not serious, you're a horrible person/poster. It'll blow over and our kind will rise to power once again.

Yes, Sean Fury is a horrible person. Last week, when wearing a wig, he beat me, and when I looked up he said "sorry, I thought you were a girl".

True story.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Pit: Yes, Sean Fury is a horrible person. Last week, when wearing a wig, he beat me, and when I looked up he said "sorry, I thought you were a girl".

True story.

Isn't Sean Fury serious though?

...or at least partially so?

oh, and why were you wearing a wig? Don't you know that it's dangerous to go out in public wearing wigs at this time? Sean Fury might - and did, in your case, beat you up because he thinks you're a girl! Young man, you really have to be more responsible. Let's hope you've learned your lesson.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quick Edit:
In before people tell me that this is old.

-Resume-

It sorta seems like that people here are either going to:

A: ***** and complain about the mods here because they will never get the balance here they want

B: Think they think they can do a better job of modding this place than the actual mods when they really don't understand that modding is a pretty constant effort of keeping the forum clean but not ****ing off people from group A

C: Threaten to leave if certain action takes place and cause more stupid drama

D: A whole snowball steamroll of A, B, and C.

If people just relax and realize that this is the internet, stop caring about how/what we post and in what manner, we'd all be much better off in the end.

Members, stop *****ing about how mods run their stuff. Mods, stop complaining about members *****ing, and clean up bad mods if need be.

And topics containing Sean Fury are still hilarious as ****.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Pit: Yes, Sean Fury is a horrible person. Last week, when wearing a wig, he beat me, and when I looked up he said "sorry, I thought you were a girl".

True story.

yeah, I got a good lol out of that. Although...I think you were trying too much. ;)

I fall under none of those categories really...make more.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]If you say you're unfunny, then I wonder why you keep trying to be. It's like your efforts are in vain or something.[/COLOR] :/

Constant sarcasm =/= attempt at humor

err, wait...

Posted by Ant

Not really.

but whatever. It's pointless to explain things you wouldn't be able to understand, I suppose. Hmm, interesting idea actually, let's accept each other for our differences and move on?

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting s0ul: Does it really matter? Who exactly are we trying to impress or satisfy? It's a pretty **** laid-back forum filled with a bunch of people who know each other and don't care if we're all being professional, does it matter in the least if a thread has changed from its original discussion?

Is someone going to think less of you for being on-topic when others are not? Changing topics is kind of... you know, how discussion better develops, especially in a thread that's original topic has had everything said about it that could possibly be said.

Well, I really don't count
"ur not funny"
"oll im not trying 2 be"
":("
as better conversation.
If all we did was change the topic of a thread when we're done with the last one, we would have one giant thread with hundreds of different topics. If they have a better conversation, start a new thread. Splitting threads is definitely the worst.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Richaod]Isn't Sean Fury serious though?
Your point? The Judge said serious people mean they're a horrible person and Pit just said Sean Fury was a horrible person. Enough said.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Trigger: Your point? The Judge said serious people mean they're a horrible person and Pit just said Sean Fury was a horrible person. Enough said.

[quote=The Judge]The overall tone of VGC at the current point of time is if you're not serious, you're a horrible person/poster.
Enough said.

Actually, not enough said. I was implying that although Sean Fury (can) be serious, he's a horrible person. Conflicting views, hypocrisy etc. It wasn't a big issue and nobody else but you seems to care.

And you probably don't actually care but just want to make an issue/create conflict with me.

Posted by sabre

I kind of like how some people are capable of arguing at nobody in particular for half a page. It makes me wonder who they're trying to convince.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Sabredog: I kind of like how some people are capable of arguing at nobody in particular for half a page. It makes me wonder who they're trying to convince.

It's so we can't lose the argument, obviously.

If this thread accurately reflects the state of the community board, we're ****ed.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Richaod:
If this thread accurately reflects...

I'm pretty sure it does.

Posted by Trigger

Quoting Richaod: Enough said.

Actually, not enough said. I was implying that although Sean Fury (can) be serious, he's a horrible person. Conflicting views, hypocrisy etc. It wasn't a big issue and nobody else but you seems to care.

And you probably don't actually care but just want to make an issue/create conflict with me.

Excuse me for missing the word "not" in my post. :rolleyes:

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Trigger: Excuse me for missing the word "not" in my post. :rolleyes:

I thought you missed the "not" in The Judge's post.
[quote=Wicked Sushi]I'm pretty sure it does.
Then impending doom awaits.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Ant: yeah, I got a good lol out of that. Although...I think you were trying too much. ;)

I fall under none of those categories really...make more.

In all seriousness, I didn't try hard at all for that one. It was like 1 something AM, and I was talking to Scott on the phone about kool-aid. And I was all like "hey the topic changed, so back to Sean Fury", and that ridiculous scenario popped into my head and I typed as I saw things.

Not that I wear a wig or anything.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The Judge: Are you blind or just retarded? I said I'm not trying to be funny.

Certainly does seem like you're trying, though. I mean, with sarcastic quips that are obviously supposed to be (bad) humour.

Vox) I know B is about what I said, and yes, I do think I could. I've never had the chance to prove otherwise, though.

Posted by Fate

I'm actually closer to being blind than retarded.

And yeah, Miso pretty much got it. Your "I'm not trying to be funny but I'll look like I'm not trying" persona is awfully annoying, Judge.

Also, like Kod said, good modship is much easier said than done.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Kodachi: Well, I really don't count
"ur not funny"
"oll im not trying 2 be"
":("
as better conversation.
If all we did was change the topic of a thread when we're done with the last one, we would have one giant thread with hundreds of different topics. If they have a better conversation, start a new thread. Splitting threads is definitely the worst.

Maybe you're perceiving it wrong! That's just what the discussion turned into, if someone thought the previous topic had anything more to be said about it, it's still prefectly free to be said.

And I think you completely missed the point on the second chunk of your post. The change of the topic is just a continuation of the original one, what it inevitably turns into. It's not as though someone just started talking about fishing in this thread and everyone followed him.

Actually, wait, I think you missed the point of the whole thing. The point is that it's just a forum, we're not all out to get you if you slip up, so relax if a thread gets off-topic! The world won't end if we have an inaccurate post count, or a thread that isn't still talking about it's title after page 3, or mods letting things slide for the greater purpose of saving us from some of the weakest VGC drama I've seen.

Posted by Fate

I don't really mind if topics stray, but when things get totally derailed, I get a little upset. Turning good threads into AIM conversations can get a little saddening. I've seen it happen to multiple threads.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Fate: Your "I'm not trying to be funny but I'll look like I'm not trying" persona is awfully annoying, Judge.

Generally when I'm not trying, I tend to look like I'm not trying. It's like when I try to ride a bike, I generally look like I'm trying to ride a bike.

Misoxeny: I was raised by an English woman, and I have a bad blend of sarcastic English humor and pure American a[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]sholery. I rarely even realize when I'm making remarks like "are you blind or just retarded," let alone do it to impress anyone.

Which would work better to get my point across, saying "I'm not trying to be funny" or saying "I just wish you guys would find me funny and like me so my life could be complete?" Because it seems to both being serious and being sarcastic have failed to get my point across.

And I just have one more question to ask all of you: Considering I know I'm not trying to be funny, as do the only people on this site who's opinions I care about, and I'm obviously not even giving you guys the time of day to even consider your suggestions (or annoying complaints, whichever category you want it to fall under), it's pretty apparent that I'm not going to change. I'm amazed at how this tri-monthly "Hate The Judge" fad continues, as I don't change my posting style at all, and yet you all seem to have very fluxuating opinions of me. That's like looking at a statue one day and saying "What a nice statue," and the next day saying "You know what? F[COLOR="White"]u[/COLOR]ck that statue." So, my question is, I'd really like to know why you're saying all this to me. What exactly do you hope to accomplish by whining at me (or whatever term you want to use since I know someone's response is going to be "I'm not whining" as opposed to an answer). So give it to me straight. Why are you even bothering?

Posted by Fate

Now that our entire friendship is entirely out the ****ing window, I'd like to tell you that this has been a very recent disliking. I apologized to you in private, and then you made everything public. With your douchebaggery, a whole bunch of termites came from underneath and visibily expressed their dislike with me by chewing at my foundation. Fine, **** off, I made a mistake by deleting your thread. If it was anyone else's thread, you wouldn't care. It only matters when it happens to you.

I'm not attacking you when I'm telling you you're not funny, because I never explicitly said so. I said that you said you were unfunny, but you continued to "try" to be funny. Whether you acknowledge it or not, you are coming off as "trying."

Posted by The Judge

Whether I'm coming off that way or not, I'm still not trying, and that's all I'm trying to say.

I didn't realize I'd made it so public. I kept it to PM's, but I've never thought you were a good mod. Not like I'm the only one out there who thinks that, but (as in real life) I'm always the only one with enough balls to say anything negative to anyone.

And of course I'd only get upset if it was my own thread. But, oh wait, I got upset when the Campfire thread got deleted. Now before you say it was my thread, I made it once the Community board got whiped as a tribute to Xenos, actually. It was just the fact of it being unstickied and then deleted that upset me.

And you're the first person I've known who takes VGC seriously enough to actually break up a friendship because of this site. I mean, love one another, I get in enough arguments with Lisa to fill a warehouse and I still talk to her on AIM while arguing with her perfectly fine. Chill out.

And again, I never even said I was funny. My friends find me funny, and that's plenty good for me.

Calm down.

Posted by Fate

Don't think it's because of this that I don't want to be your friend anymore. Internet drama is stupid and I tend to sever my ties.

Posted by The Judge

Then I'd very much like to know the reason why you wouldn't like to be friends with me, if not this.

Posted by Ant

Probably because you are so ugly.

Posted by The Judge

Sounds reasonable. Afer all, I shatter mirrors and turn water black when I look at my reflection.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The Judge: Misoxeny: I was raised by an English woman, and I have a bad blend of sarcastic English humor and pure American a[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]sholery. I rarely even realize when I'm making remarks like "are you blind or just retarded," let alone do it to impress anyone.

Which would work better to get my point across, saying "I'm not trying to be funny" or saying "I just wish you guys would find me funny and like me so my life could be complete?" Because it seems to both being serious and being sarcastic have failed to get my point across.
Look, maybe you could just stop classifing you comments as "not/trying to be funny" and we wouldn't have this problem. Seemingly, you intend your sarcasm to invoke a humourous mood. I deduct this from the fact that you say that there is "never enough humour" or whatever it is.

Which one is it? Funny or not?

[quote]And I just have one more question to ask all of you: Considering I know I'm not trying to be funny, as do the only people on this site who's opinions I care about, and I'm obviously not even giving you guys the time of day to even consider your suggestions (or annoying complaints, whichever category you want it to fall under), it's pretty apparent that I'm not going to change. I'm amazed at how this tri-monthly "Hate The Judge" fad continues, as I don't change my posting style at all, and yet you all seem to have very fluxuating opinions of me. That's like looking at a statue one day and saying "What a nice statue," and the next day saying "You know what? F[COLOR="White"]u[/COLOR]ck that statue." So, my question is, I'd really like to know why you're saying all this to me. What exactly do you hope to accomplish by whining at me (or whatever term you want to use since I know someone's response is going to be "I'm not whining" as opposed to an answer). So give it to me straight. Why are you even bothering?

Why I'm doing it now? Because you're a pot of contradiction. You say everything needs to be funny, but you're not being funny.

So, again, which is it? Or is one big contradiction supposed to suffice? I'm fine with the latter if you'll just admit to it.

[quote]I didn't realize I'd made it so public. I kept it to PM's, but I've never thought you were a good mod. Not like I'm the only one out there who thinks that, but (as in real life) I'm always the only one with enough balls to say anything negative to anyone.
Hello? In this thread I've suggested multiple times that I could do a better job than any of the other mods, and I also pointed out what I think is being done wrong. Do you read anything?

This isn't DA and as such, for your posts to make sense, you need to read the thread, not just Ant's posts.

And, again, this not being DA, total stupidity isn't really necessary. That's been the crux of my argument with you for the entire time. Regardless of whether you decide to change or not isn't my motive; it's to keep stupid shit off the rest of the site.

Posted by The Judge

Sigh, more cheap shots at DA. I love the Judhe, and how I love him.

[quote=Misoxeny]You say everything needs to be funny, but you're not being funny.
Not trying to be. Trying. If I end up being funny, it's by the luck of the draw, and if I'm not, then I'm not. I do believe most things should be looked at in a humorous light, however.
[quote=Misoxeny]Hello? In this thread I've suggested multiple times that I could do a better job than any of the other mods, and I also pointed out what I think is being done wrong. Do you read anything?
In all honesty, I'd forgotten about you, since I was primarily talking to Kodachi, Iris, and Fate. I apologize (I'm being serious).
[quote=Misoxeny]Which one is it? Funny or not?
Whatever you want to think. I can safely assure you I rarely actually attempt to be funny. Rather, I generally just post the first thing that comes into my mind with little heed of how it will be taken by other members. So, no, I'm not trying, but if you find me funny anyways, then so be it. If you don't, that's perfectly fine as well.
[quote=Misoxeny]I'm fine with the latter if you'll just admit to it.
I'm not exactly sure what you want me to admit to, actually.
[quote=Misoxeny (I'm getting sick of quoting)]This isn't DA and as such, for your posts to make sense, you need to read the thread, not just Ant's posts.

You say that as though I've even read Ant's posts. I have only read the ones that have had to do with me. Ctrl+F, Search: Judge.
[quote=Misoxeny]And, again, this not being DA, total stupidity isn't really necessary. That's been the crux of my argument with you for the entire time. Regardless of whether you decide to change or not isn't my motive; it's to keep stupid **** off the rest of the site.
DA is moderatley intelligent discussions on absolutely retarded topics, thank you. :p:
As for my posting style, I was just commenting on the fact that though I get neither better nor worse, opinions about my posting style seem to fluxuate and result in, to my estimation, a tri-monthly witch trial against me.

I'm no longer even arguing with any of you, I hope you all realize. I'm just trying to get my point across (and I'm either failing or trying in vain U_U).

Posted by Trigger

Quoting The Judge]Sigh, more cheap shots at DA. Joy how I hate them.

[quote=Misoxeny]You say everything needs to be funny, but you're not being funny.
Not trying to be. Trying. If I end up being funny, it's by the luck of the draw, and if I'm not, then I'm not. I do believe most things should be looked at in a humorous light, however.

[quote=Misoxeny]Hello? In this thread I've suggested multiple times that I could do a better job than any of the other mods, and I also pointed out what I think is being done wrong. Do you read anything?
In all honesty, I'd forgotten about you, since I was primarily talking to Kodachi, Iris, and Fate. I apologize (I'm being serious).

[quote=Misoxeny]Which one is it? Funny or not?
Whatever you want to think. I can safely assure you I rarely actually attempt to be funny. Rather, I generally just post the first thing that comes into my mind with little heed of how it will be taken by other members. So, no, I'm not trying, but if you find me funny anyways, then so be it. If you don't, that's perfectly fine as well.

[quote=Misoxeny]I'm fine with the latter if you'll just admit to it.
I'm not exactly sure what you want me to admit to, actually.

[quote=Misoxeny]This isn't DA and as such, for your posts to make sense, you need to read the thread, not just Ant's posts.
You say that as though I've even read Ant's posts. I have only read the ones that have had to do with me. Ctrl+F, Search: Judge.

[quote=Misoxeny]And, again, this not being DA, total stupidity isn't really necessary. That's been the crux of my argument with you for the entire time. Regardless of whether you decide to change or not isn't my motive:
DA is moderatley intelligent discussions on absolutely retarded topics, thank you. :p:
As for my posting style, I was just commenting on the fact that though I get neither better nor worse, opinions about my posting style seem to fluxuate and result in, to my estimation, a tri-monthly witch trial against me.

I'm no longer even arguing with any of you, I hope you all realize. I'm just trying to get my point across (and I'm either failing or trying in vain U_U).

[quote=The Judge]lol I can respond without constantly quoting you
:cookie:

Posted by The Judge

It would've been too much of a hassle in that case.

I talk to Fate, I get a response from Misoxeny. I talk to Misoxeny, I get a response from Trigger. I talk to Trigger, I get a response from ______.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Children, this is the INTERNET!

SHUT UP for lovessakes. And if you guys are being so anal about how the forum looks, take this to PM; this **** doesn't belong here.

Posted by s0ul

Actually, it kinda does, but I fully back you on the calm down and shut up notion!

Posted by The Judge

Third'd. I'm getting sick of having to explain my bad self.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting s0ul: Maybe you're perceiving it wrong! That's just what the discussion turned into, if someone thought the previous topic had anything more to be said about it, it's still prefectly free to be said.
It just looks odd responding to something that hasn't been talked about for 5 pages.

[QUOTE=s0ul] It's not as though someone just started talking about fishing in this thread and everyone followed him.
Actually, that's EXACTLY what happened.
minus the fishing, and plus Pit's post about SF

[QUOTE=s0ul]Actually, wait, I think you missed the point of the whole thing. The point is that it's just a forum, we're not all out to get you if you slip up, so relax if a thread gets off-topic! The world won't end if we have an inaccurate post count, or a thread that isn't still talking about it's title after page 3, or mods letting things slide for the greater purpose of saving us from some of the weakest VGC drama I've seen.

It was really more of a shot at the people bothering us to nominate them as mods when they can't really follow simple rules. The *****ing is really quite annoying, and when they act like they can solve every problem and that we're all scumbags for not being able to(while they contribute to many of the problems they ***** about) is just painfully retarded.

Posted by The Judge

Enough. Stop it. All of you. Let this board be happy again. It's the f[COLOR="White"]u[/COLOR]cking internet, for the love of Pete.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting MetalVox~55]Children, this is the INTERNET!

SHUT UP for lovessakes. And if you guys are being so anal about how the forum looks, take this to PM:

[QUOTE=The Judge]Enough. Stop it. All of you. Let this board be happy again. It's the f[COLOR="White"]u[/COLOR]cking internet, for the love of Pete.

Way to steal my post there, bud.

Posted by Pit

Sorry, guys, all I hear is

"OWW SEAN THAT HURTS DONT PUT IT THERE".

Posted by The Judge

Pit wins.

And to Voxx, I was saying it again, because Kodachi's post came after yours. And I don't know about you, but I read bottom to top. :cool:

Posted by Wicked Sushi

This thread sucks balls; Someone should close it.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=The Judge]And I don't know about you, but I read bottom to top.
Wouldn't that mean you would still have read his post last, before you posted the exact same thing as him?

Posted by The Judge

I'm an idiot.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Clearly

Posted by The Judge

:p: But I was being serious. I didn't even realize how wrong what I said was. U_U

Posted by Pit

The real question here is:

Who is Pete and why was his sister brutally beaten by Sean Fury?

Let us think on this.

Posted by The Judge

Saint Peter ascended to Heaven after being beaten to death by Sean Fury in a blind rage after beating his sister to death.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

You know what I haven't had in a while?

[url=http://www.dutchvalleyfoods.com/food/images/catimages/699307.jpg]Big League Chew.[/url]