Target Test/Home Run Contest/etc

Posted by Corrupt

This is a thread dedicated to the slightly more neglected aspects of SSBM (at least from my standpoint). Those include the target tests, the home run contest, 100 man-melee, etc. What is the one you enjoy the most, and what character do you normally use to conquer the death-defying challenges of... horror? And if you can, post some of your impressive scores on them for bragging rights and stuff like that.

As for me, the only thing I really care for are the target tests. Admittedly, I'm not too good at them (since I spend the majority of my time smashing my opponents into submission), but once in a while I do like to opt for something different and give the target test a whirl with perhaps, say... Mewtwo or Fox. Even though I don't really have any concrete scores to share with you, I remember getting a time of like 8 seconds with Roy once... yeah, I know it's not good, but whatever. My buddy Chris prides himself in being better at the target tests and obsessing over them, but I can tell you... he can't actually fight worth sh[b][/b]it. :D

Anyway, how 'bout the rest of you smashers/target test obsessors/etc?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

6202.0 ft with ganondorf on Home Run Contest. Everything else is a joke :-p

Posted by RandomizeR

Target Test
Mr. G & W

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Dude, why didn't you just post your best record, seriously. I mean 9 minutes total in BTT and 25000 ft in HRC. Cyphus, post up your 4 minutes BTT. Thats some impressive .... right there.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Cyphus is a god at SSBM, there's no need for him to post his insane, near world record scores.

Anyway, my Target test isn't too good, my toal time is somewhere around 7 minutes and 17 seconds. Unfortunaletly I haven't mastered the Bat trick so my closest score to 2000 ft is Yoshi's record of 1550 ft.:(

I much enjoy Endless Melee. though I don't play a whole lot of it, my best record is DK's KO count of around 680. I'm still trying to top my friend's brother's DK score of 1300 KO's.

Posted by Cyphus

lmao...yeeeeeeah ;)

well..my Total target test is 3:58"36(the WRecord is like....3:16 or something rediculously stupid)

individual records...um...(i'm at college right now)
Doc:13 seconds something(.10 off the world record >:O !@#$!!!)
Falco: 8"36
Fox:8.....16, i think
Mr.G:3"65
Link:4"99
Y.Link:8 sumtin
Ganon:5
iunno....i really should try to get <3:50 for total. My mario REALLY sux (11:99, lol) somebody has like 8 seconds, so i'm sure i could do it their way, half-***, and save myself 2-3 seconds.

HRC:...total is like 43,000. ft. Ganon is 4,500.(owned me, darkblade :P)
i'm not really a fan of HRC, though. Soon as the bat trick came about...i did it w/ Ganon..than i quit, cuz it kinna ruined the creativity and imagination for all the characters..if they all do the same technique.

i like to think myself pretty good at Cruel Melee. I used to waste alot of time there...but i eventually got out when it started erasing my clone-character scores and kept ****ing me off.
Total: 185
Jigs: 51
Doc: 8(no cheap tricks doc can use!..so that one i'm very proud of cuz i trained my *** off for it. I don't know about now..but at one time, i had tied w/ the Wrecord for it...i'm sure its lik 323902 by now)

but..yeah, i hadn't done any 1player funners in a while...last thing i did, was improve my Fox...but...i'm just so bent on doing VS at the moment..becuz my members of my crew are starting to not exactly...volunteer melee as our first game to play...visa vi...they're sort of getting bored with it; and i can't let that happen, now can i? ;)

Posted by Ardvarkbob

Notable scrores:
Ganondorf: 7.9k
D.K. 3.3k
Total: 63xxx.xx

Falco: 7.13
Ganondorf: 5.73
Doc: 13.40 World Record
Samus: 10.67
Luigi: 4.50

Total: 3:57.xx

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

nice ****!!! more so on BTT, and pwning again in HRC.

Posted by Inferno

My best HRC is Ganondorf: 49xx ( I just want to beat 5000 but I can't pull it off )
I got the Roy BTT somewhere around 7 seconds, maybe mid 7.

None of that is all that great. I have no idea what my totals are but I know they suck.

Posted by Arczu

It scares me how fast some of you go through the BTTs... and I thought I was good.

I would have to obtain a GC and a memmory card first to go get any scores I had, but those are impressive in the least.

Posted by Iris

I got Homerun 1700+ with Yoshi. His jump A down 5 times on the sand bag really adds a lot of damage up, without moving it.

With Target Test, I got it in 12 seconds with Mr. Game and Watch, 18 seconds with Roy, and 23 seconds with Zelda.

Endless Melee: 400+ with DK.

Not too great, but whatev.

Posted by Mystic Hero

That's because all these guys do is train like hell, look at Darkbulb, ranked in mc's top 10, and I htought I would have had a shot if I entered one of the tourneys there. I don't play that much anymore, there is no good around me so all I do is beat people real bad. No point in training if there is no competition.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Lol, you are right to an extent >.<

And depending age also goes on how far you can travel as well :(

As for BTT and HRC, I don't train much in those. I mean I know I have over 3K with captain, over 6k with captain, and over 2k with both fox and falco. I use SOME techniques, but bat dropping isn't my best thing. Yoshi i got over 2.5k as well, but I don't train in that section much, too hard :(

Posted by dark ukyo

I have some records

Cruel Meele 31 ko's whit jiglipuff
targer test whit mr game and wach 7 sec.
homerun contest
16xxmt whit mark

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: Lol, you are right to an extent >.<

And depending age also goes on how far you can travel as well :(

As for BTT and HRC, I don't train much in those. I mean I know I have over 3K with captain, over 6k with captain, and over 2k with both fox and falco. I use SOME techniques, but bat dropping isn't my best thing. Yoshi i got over 2.5k as well, but I don't train in that section much, too hard :(

I could have made the one in NYC. My dad was going there to visit family and the tourney was that same weekend, I just got slammed with school tests to study for:(.

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I can over 2000m with Roy! I push Sandbag to the edge, charge up Roy's Smash Attack, and away it goes!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The only record I've got on SSBM that's worth speaking about is Luigi's 9second-or-so Target Test, but I can't remember the exact time.

Posted by vileplume

i am fine with target test i just need to know: how do you do the homerun hit with the bat to get the bag to go flying very far

if u culd post on this asap it would help me so much!!!!!!

Posted by Mystic Hero

It's the same buttons as a power up smash attack. Simply hold A+Right/left and you will do the homerun swing.

Make sure you've beaten the hell out of it first, though.

Posted by YourFavoriteJoel

My home run record is a mere 18XX(XX being some odd numbers, can't remember what).

Posted by Aslan

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: 6202.0 ft with ganondorf on Home Run Contest. Everything else is a joke :-p
it's not possable to do this in home run contest you only have 10 sec's to get high damage the blast it with ganondorf you lie dark buld the most iv'e done is 1393.4 that my record with ganondorf.

i got record 's to all the endless and home run but this tacks to long to put in.

It's very possible.

Posted by Zeta

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJMVSfiHtv4&mode=related&search=

To back up Ganondorf thing.

Posted by andrewg

Quoting Cyphus: lmao...yeeeeeeah ;)

well..my Total target test is 3:58"36(the WRecord is like....3:16 or something rediculously stupid)

individual records...um...(i'm at college right now)
Doc:13 seconds something(.10 off the world record >:O !@#$!!!)
Falco: 8"36
Fox:8.....16, i think
Mr.G:3"65
Link:4"99
Y.Link:8 sumtin
Ganon:5
iunno....i really should try to get <3:50 for total. My mario REALLY sux (11:99, lol) somebody has like 8 seconds, so i'm sure i could do it their way, half-***, and save myself 2-3 seconds.

HRC:...total is like 43,000. ft. Ganon is 4,500.(owned me, darkblade :P)
i'm not really a fan of HRC, though. Soon as the bat trick came about...i did it w/ Ganon..than i quit, cuz it kinna ruined the creativity and imagination for all the characters..if they all do the same technique.

i like to think myself pretty good at Cruel Melee. I used to waste alot of time there...but i eventually got out when it started erasing my clone-character scores and kept ****ing me off.
Total: 185
Jigs: 51
Doc: 8(no cheap tricks doc can use!..so that one i'm very proud of cuz i trained my *** off for it. I don't know about now..but at one time, i had tied w/ the Wrecord for it...i'm sure its lik 323902 by now)

but..yeah, i hadn't done any 1player funners in a while...last thing i did, was improve my Fox...but...i'm just so bent on doing VS at the moment..becuz my members of my crew are starting to not exactly...volunteer melee as our first game to play...visa vi...they're sort of getting bored with it; and i can't let that happen, now can i? ;)

almost as good as me, just kidding...

i'm just decent. well i guess better than most.

roy - 7.3
marth - 11.43
G & W - 4.06
fox - 9.28
just some...

Posted by King Bowser

yes aslan just posted better than youtube but it seem's that had beed delete the record is 6202.0 on youtube but i herd aslan did better with Ganondorf i heard he got 9230.1 with Ganondorf but i think he's lieing that impossable to get 9230.1 i know the 6202.0 is right unless someone all ready bet it.

Posted by Zeta

Shut up. You don't fool anyone. Go back to your White Horse Society or whatever the hell it's called.

Posted by Lugia

Zeta is called the my little pony clan it burned out mouth's ago and what ever did king bowser do he was obaying the rules you know that.